2013 - AET Franchise Fantasy Football

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    OK, so it looks like the top two spots are wrapped up.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooms will finish 12-2 or 11-3. Babies can go 11-3 or 10-4. I guess there could be a tie, but whatever.

But what about the other two? Dude, Cupid and I can all potentially finish at 9-5. I have the head-to-head tiebreaker vs. Cupid but Dude has it against me. Unless I missed it, Dude & Cupid never faced off, so there's nothing clear-cut there.

so what happens if we all finish 9-5?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    JTH wrote:
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooms will finish 12-2 or 11-3. Babies can go 11-3 or 10-4. I guess there could be a tie, but whatever.

But what about the other two? Dude, Cupid and I can all potentially finish at 9-5. I have the head-to-head tiebreaker vs. Cupid but Dude has it against me. Unless I missed it, Dude & Cupid never faced off, so there's nothing clear-cut there.

i believe points scored is the tie breaker
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • NoCode416NoCode416 Posts: 416
    edited December 2011
    JTH wrote:

dude here... cupid will have to outscore me by about 128 points this weekend for me not to make the playoffs.

and cupid needs you to lose next week... as luck would have it, you're facing BOOOMS and he's facing Hellfire. Alas, in addition to needing you to lose, cupid would also have to top your score by 38 points this weekend to top you.
    Post edited by NoCode416 on
    NoCode416 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

dude here... cupid will have to outscore me by about 128 points this weekend for me not to make the playoffs.

and cupid needs you to lose next week... as luck would have it, you're facing BOOOMS and he's facing Hellfire. Alas, in addition to needing you to lose, cupid would also have to top your score by 38 points this weekend to top you.

you are like a reg espn researcher.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:
    JTH wrote:

you are like a reg espn researcher.....

and bored at work.

get this: in my other money league, i started out 6-0.

my top 5 picks, in order: Andre Johnson, Matt Forte, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jahvid Best, Kenny Britt. notice a pattern?

so now, i'm 7-5 and i have already lost this week, no matter the outcome of tonight's game.

my brother is in this money league, as well. he is playing the team which will steal the last playoff seed from me, unless my bro wins. my bro is currently trailing the bad guy by 22.8 points. the bad guy has nobody playing tonight, and my bro has Gates and Mathews. it's a 0.5 ppr.

it's going to be close...
  • yeah i (cupids crushers) need to gain 43.5 points on JTH, with him losing and me winning. With the injuries i've had i'm lucky for it to even come down to the last week. Looks like Vick will be back this week, and if Rice can run for another 200 yards it could at least be close.

and p.s. my hometown is named Cupids, i don't have anything against the love man and feel the need to crush him, but its a childhood team name :)
    Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I just checked the league website and it looks like head-to-head is meaningless, but the first tiebreaker is division record.
    Ties are broken in the following order:

Division winning percentage.
    Total fantasy points (season total).
    Fantasy points scored in the last week of the league's regular season.
    Fantasy points scored in the second-to-last week of the league's regular season.
    The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.
    So, unless I'm missing something, I think I'm in no matter what but Dude could get knocked out with a loss and a Cupids win.
    JTH wrote:
    Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I just checked the league website and it looks like head-to-head is meaningless, but the first tiebreaker is division record.

Division winning percentage.
    Total fantasy points (season total).
    Fantasy points scored in the last week of the league's regular season.
    Fantasy points scored in the second-to-last week of the league's regular season.
    The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.
    So, unless I'm missing something, I think I'm in no matter what but Dude could get knocked out with a loss and a Cupids win.

i do believe you are on to something.....

i must admit, i didn't read the playoff rules to close.....but after reviewing tie breakers and standings, i believe you are correct in your assesment.

they are both playing not so great teams, but you never know when you can get hot.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • damn, divison winning percentage, well looks like my seasons over :lol:
    sparky_fry wrote:
    damn, divison winning percentage, well looks like my seasons over :lol:

your situation hasn't really changed....still need a win and some help...you just don't need to worry about making up points now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    sparky_fry wrote:
    damn, divison winning percentage, well looks like my seasons over :lol:

your situation hasn't really changed....still need a win and some help...you just don't need to worry about making up points now

oh yeah :oops: . lets go SeaBass :D
    yahoo must not be smart enough to figure out tie breakers :?:

you would think JTH would be shown as clinched if division record is the first tie breaker.

my advice for everyone....win :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • suggestions for next year:

1. no more of this half point scoring... every yard counts!
    2. i think total points is a much more fair tiebreaker than division record.
    NoCode416 wrote:
    suggestions for next year:

what do you mean for number 1?

it's 10 yards for a point...or woudl you rather have .1 point per yard

the half points are coming from the .5 points per carry which might be a little excessive....maybe .25 points per carry....and maybe a few more points for passing...i think it's currently a point per 25 yards..maybe a point per 20 yards.

as for number 2, not sure i can change that...i'll poke around tonight...

and we can re open the debate on 4 vs. 6 playoff teams.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    NoCode416 wrote:

I agree.

Well, the half point thing doesn't bother me so much, but division record is a pretty crappy tiebreaker, especially if head-to-head isn't even taken into consideration.
  • 81 wrote:
    NoCode416 wrote:

what do you mean for number 1?

it's 10 yards for a point...or woudl you rather have .1 point per yard

the half points are coming from the .5 points per carry which might be a little excessive....maybe .25 points per carry....and maybe a few more points for passing...i think it's currently a point per 25 yards..maybe a point per 20 yards.

as for number 2, not sure i can change that...i'll poke around tonight...

and we can re open the debate on 4 vs. 6 playoff teams.

my bad... i am referring to the 10 yards per point. i would prefer 0.1 points per yard.

and yes, as much as it pains me (i have cam newton), i admit that going to 0.25 points per carry would make the scoring resemble the real world value of players.

and i wouldn't mind going to 6 teams, as it rewards the top 2 teams... but i kind of like the 4 team playoffs... makes thing more like MLB rather than NFL/NBA.
  • i like the 4 team playoffs, even though i'm probably going to be the one who it hurts this year. if it was a 6 team playoff this year a team with a losing record would be in, and that ain't right. The last week in the season is pretty well a playoff game anyway. i like the 14 week season and 2 week playoffs like it is now
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    sparky_fry wrote:
    i like the 4 team playoffs, even though i'm probably going to be the one who it hurts this year. if it was a 6 team playoff this year a team with a losing record would be in, and that ain't right. The last week in the season is pretty well a playoff game anyway. i like the 14 week season and 2 week playoffs like it is now

+1
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    no injury no injury no injury's today :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    no injury no injury no injury's today :?

think you might of jinxed yourself :|
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Y'know, I think I was reading that tiebreaker thing wrong. I looked again this morning (I can't look now because fantasy sites are blocked here) and I think it said that total points was the first tiebreaker followed by division record.
    JTH wrote:
    Y'know, I think I was reading that tiebreaker thing wrong. I looked again this morning (I can't look now because fantasy sites are blocked here) and I think it said that total points was the first tiebreaker followed by division record.

they sure are trying to make it complicated...doesn't matter tho...cupids crushers lost.
    Division Leaders Tiebreakers: If two or more teams tie for the lead in a division, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the division winner ONLY. (See Division Winners Tiebreaker.)

Example:

•Teams that finish First or Second place in a two division league
    •Teams that finish First, Second, or Third place in a three division league
    •Teams that finish First, Second, Third, or Fourth place in a four division league
    Wild Card tiebreakers: If two teams tie for a wild-card playoff position (Non-Division winner) The first criteria to break a tie is total fantasy points for the season. Division record is NOT considered in breaking ties for wild-card playoff positions.

Head-to-Head - Including Divisions with division seeding options

Playoff Seeding Options can be set by the commissioner from the "Edit League Settings" page. When using divisions, the commissioner can choose to award division winners the top seeds, advance division winners seed teams according to overall standings, or seed all teams regardless of divisions based on overall standings.

In leagues where division winners are guaranteed a playoff spot, Wild Card teams are selected without consideration for divisions. Non-division winners will be ranked in the playoffs according to winning percentage.

It is not possible to configure a league to require a balanced number of teams from each division in the playoffs.

If, at the end of the season, two or more teams in a divisional league finish with the same overall record, the following system will be used to decide the division winner:

Please note:

•Teams must have identical winning percentages to be tied. Example: A team with an 8-4-1 (.654) record will be seeded ahead of a team with an 8-5 (.615) record.
    •In leagues that use divisions and use the playoff seeding option "All teams seeded according to overall standings," the wild-card tiebreaking criteria will be used to break all ties, including those that involve a division winner.

•Division winning percentage.
    •Total fantasy points (season total).
    •Fantasy points scored in the last week of the league's regular season.
    •Fantasy points scored in the second-to-last week of the league's regular season.
    •The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.
    Division winning percentage is determined by dividing the number of wins against division opponents by the total number of games against division opponents (division record is currently not displayed and must be determined manually by viewing a team's schedule).

Wild Card Tiebreakers: If two teams tie for a wild card playoff position, the same tiebreakers are in place with the exception of division record. The first criteria to break a tie that does not involve division leaders is total fantasy points for the season.

1.Overall winning percentage.
    2.Fantasy points scored.
    3.Fantasy points scored in Week 17.
    4.Fantasy points scored in Week 16.
    5.Fantasy points scored in Week 15.
    6.Fantasy points scored in Week 14.
    7.Fantasy points scored in Week 13.
    8.Fantasy points scored in Week 12.
    9.Fantasy points scored in Week 11.
    10.Fantasy points scored in Week 10.
    11.Fantasy points scored in Week 9.
    12.Fantasy points scored in Week 8.
    13.Fantasy points scored in Week 7.
    14.Fantasy points scored in Week 6.
    15.Fantasy points scored in Week 5.
    16.Fantasy points scored in Week 4.
    17.Fantasy points scored in Week 3.
    18.Fantasy points scored in Week 2.
    19.Fantasy points scored in Week 1.
    Note: Head-to-Head results are NOT considered when breaking a tie at the end of the regular season. Furthermore, please know that Yahoo! uses these tiebreakers to determine the order of regular-season standings.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    looks like it will be me vs. the Dudes and Booms vs. JTH

If you finish in the top 3, drop me a PM with your address and i'll get a check out to you after the finals scores are posted in two weeks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

they sure are trying to make it complicated...doesn't matter tho...cupids crushers lost.

wow i actually ended up winning that game after on a stat correction. Gotta say 9-5 with no playoffs is rather disappointing
    sparky_fry wrote:
    81 wrote:

wow i actually ended up winning that game after on a stat correction. Gotta say 9-5 with no playoffs is rather disappointing

i don't blame you....we'll have an official vote before next season starts on playoff expansion...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Anyone interested in joining a fantasy basketball league? We've got eight players so far and I guess we're looking for four more.

Entry fee is $25. Draft is tomorrow at 8:30 eastern. I have no idea what I'm doing. In fact, I don't know if I'll even be around for the draft.

Here's the link to join.

Or if that doesn't work, go to
    basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba
    and use League ID#: 64351 Password: Viper
    Hey, don't everybody jump at once!
    Yeah, I'm not even sure I want to be in that league, either.
    JTH wrote:
    Hey, don't everybody jump at once!
    Yeah, I'm not even sure I want to be in that league, either.
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i knew the steam would run out eventually....i was actually hopeing to lose last week or the week before to break the streak....

Looks like it will be the Booms vs. the Dudes

good luck to both....and just remember, for those finish in the money, drop a PM after the final with an address
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg