LIVE RIOTS IN VANCOUVER.

12346»

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

one aussie and one canadian ...

anyhoo - i think the people of vancouver have done a lot to wipe the tarnish off ... thousands of volunteers cleaning up the grafitti yesterday ... i suspect a bunch of the hooligans will be arrested ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    darwin award nominee 20111

brock-anton.jpg
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    RKCNDY wrote:
    from Wiki:

Stun
    M84 stun grenade
    Main article: Stun grenade

A stun grenade, also known as a flashbang, is a non-lethal weapon. The first devices like this were created in the 1960s at the order of the British Special Air Service as an incapacitant.

These grenades are designed to temporarily neutralize the combat effectiveness of enemies by disorienting their senses. The flash of light momentarily activates all light sensitive cells in the eye, making vision impossible for approximately five seconds until the eye restores itself to its normal, unstimulated state. The extremely loud blast produced by the grenade adds to its incapacitating properties by disturbing the fluid in the ear.

When detonated, the fuse/grenade body assembly remains intact. The body is a tube with holes along the sides that emit the light and sound of the explosion. This avoids shrapnel injury, but can still burn. The concussive blast of the detonation can injure and the heat created can ignite flammable materials such as fuel. The fires that occurred during the Iranian Embassy Siege in London were caused by stun grenades. The filler consists of about 4.5 grams of a pyrotechnic metal-oxidant mix of magnesium or aluminium and an oxidizer such as ammonium perchlorate or potassium perchlorate.

So the dude's junk probably doesn't feel good this morning...
    Son of a bitch deserved it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    so horrific riots like this happen twice in vancouver in 16 years...yet philadelphia stil gets shit for some dopes throwing snowballs at a drunk santa in 1968? right. :? :roll:

:lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    so horrific riots like this happen twice in vancouver in 16 years...yet philadelphia stil gets shit for some dopes throwing snowballs at a drunk santa in 1968? right. :? :roll:

The philly puker that barfed on that little girl didn't help matters. ;)
  • It is possible that the girl in the picture was injured:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13807494
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    At least it wasn't as bad as the riots in Dallas when the Felons beat the Milwaukee Beers in Denslow Cup IV.

tmb_1660_480.jpg

Final Tally: 14 injured, 3 dead.

I keep seeing people say it was just a few people, or a few dozen, but watching the streaming video and seeing the pictures, it was clearly more than that. But a mob mentality did break out, and crowd psychology is a tricky thing. It's like the old saying: a person is smart, but people are dumb.

As for whether or not they were "real fans", that is kind of beside the point. The shop owners that had their stores looted, and the people that had their cars set on fire (including that BMW :cry: ) probably could care less about whether or not the individuals that did it were cheering for the Canucks at the beginning of the season or jumped on the bandwagon during the playoffs. Or whether they went downtown to watch the game or to riot.

People are people, there have been riots (and yes sports riots) all over the world. To me, nothing that happened in Vancouver, last night or in '94 (or any N. American sports riot) is as bad as half the stuff that happens in the name of soccer/futball around this world.
    Love me some baseketball!
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518

Funny how you guys feel the need to defend yourselves when no one except Philly fans even brought it up. :|
    #FHP
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577

Funny how you guys feel the need to defend yourselves when no one except Philly fans even brought it up. :|

just pointing it out, is all. philadelphians are defensive by nature. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:

brock-anton.jpg

just goes to show.....iphone users aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The 81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

brock-anton.jpg

just goes to show.....iphone users aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. :P

well ... he IS famous now ... ;)
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    polaris_x wrote:

one aussie and one canadian ...

anyhoo - i think the people of vancouver have done a lot to wipe the tarnish off ... thousands of volunteers cleaning up the grafitti yesterday ... i suspect a bunch of the hooligans will be arrested ...

People who were there have been reporting on the net that it was a staged photo. It still looks cool, but when you know it wasn't some spontaneous moment of romance but rather staged by a group of people, it's just not as cool.

tumblr_lmwcgvtzXq1qzpt5vo1_500.jpg
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if it is staged, there is no coolness to it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    The 81 wrote:

Yeah, but it is a cool looking picture. But yeah, it loses a lot of coolness.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    2011 Stanley Cup riot "worse" than 1994

http://www.windsorstar.com/sports/2011+ ... story.html

Apparently their was a lot of good samaritans in the mix...hopefully when the good samaritans are identified that something nice is done for them...like tickets to a Canucks game next year.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The 81 wrote:

Yeah, but it is a cool looking picture. But yeah, it loses a lot of coolness.

It isn't staged. There are other angles of this couple that were taken. She was knocked down by the police advancing. I think it's a beautiful picture, and a beautiful story.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/arti ... nside?bn=1
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    From the legal point of view, sounds like all those photos and videos are starting to come in handy!
    Haha, enjoy the consequences dipshits!
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    norm wrote:

brock-anton.jpg

Did anyone search him on facebook? I couldn't find him.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Rygar wrote:
    From the legal point of view, sounds like all those photos and videos are starting to come in handy!

That Asian kid with the stick is in deep trouble. :lol:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Rygar wrote:

http://www.vancouverriot.com/2011/06/in ... us-rioter/
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

http://www.vancouverriot.com/2011/06/in ... us-rioter/

HAHA it was bound to happen.
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Well, at least we know where all the missing village idiots were that night. :roll:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!