LIVE RIOTS IN VANCOUVER.

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    And what the fuck is wrong with you people in Vancouver?

Dont you know you are supposed to torch down the city after your professional sports teams actually WINS a championship? hehehehehe

Ya lost...
    You were supposed to just turn off the television, and go to bed...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    It's truely a sad day for a city who recently hosted the olympics. Did the police not see this coming?

I just don't get the mentality of someone rolling a car and setting it on fire. Destroying property. A really fucked up society we live in.....and in a civilized part of the world.

I'm sure there was some involvement from people who could care less about hockey, but most of the people in those riots were drunk and angry fans. Makes no difference if they live in Vancouver, or in the suberbs.

The Canucks had a great season and came up short. Boston was the better team and deserved to win. Vancouver squeaked by with their 3 home games and the first 2 could have gone the other way. Boston clearly won their home games.
    the thing is, during the playoffs everyone hops on the bandwagon.
    the term fan is hard to distinguish. canucks jerseys are a dime a dozen during the playoffs.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I think it’s something in the water in BC. I realize this can happen anywhere, and here in Edmonton we had a riot on Canada day of all days(?) a few years back….and things got a little stupid at times in the 06 cup run….but after spending a couple years in BC, I started to think that there was a segment of the population there who thought of rioting as a spectator sport. The Kelowna Regatta and Peachfest in Penticton are both huge, awesomely fun festivals that were ruined by annual riots in the 80's and 90s….Hell, I was involved in a riot in Kelowna in 93 at a fucking carnival! They shut it down early because of fights breaking out everywhere, and the crowd rioted….a massive brawl broke out between the kids and the carnies, and I got blindsided with a steel pipe, shattering my rib and damaging my kidney. Obviously not everyone in BC is an idiot lol….but I’ve never partied/lived/vacationed anywhere else where large groups of people almost inevitably end up chanting ‘riot! riot! riot!’….

All said…losing a hockey game is not worth being an idiot over…and a relatively minor riot is not something to judge a city on, nor to be beside yourself in outrage over. I hope I’m not the only one who sees a bit of irony in the millions of facebook updates in total outrage over this. There are people on my facebook to whom I want to say “Let’s get this straight: it’s shameful to riot over hockey cause it’s just a game…but a few smashed windows and burned cars can get you ‘online within minutes, registering your disgust throughout the world’ , when no other atrocity in the world can inspire you to do the same? THIS is what makes up upset at the state of the world today?” It really IS disgusting.…but put in perspective, everyone’s reaction to a couple dozen idiots is a bit overblown imho.
    i was downtown and to be honest it was pretty contained.
    its a small downtown core and the violence was mostly on a couple streets and intersections.

the reason why ppl are taking to fb and twitter is because they are embarassed for the way this city looks and also feel they (we) need to scream our side of the story - everyone knew full well that we'd wake up to news reports from all over the world pointing the finger at us for the actions of a few
  • lukin2006 wrote:

I don't understand why people riot if their team wins, wtf.
    Here in Australia we don't riot.
    I am trying to understand this phenomena in Nth America.

Sydney Riot of 1879

no country is immune.
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... /riot9.jpg

This guy is my new best friend....
    lukin2006 wrote:

Sydney Riot of 1879

no country is immune.
    you made me curious so i started googling riots for certain countries.
    japan had 'rice riots' in the early 1900s... that made me :lol::lol:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    lukin2006 wrote:

Sydney Riot of 1879

no country is immune.

lol, I didn't even know about that until you showed me.
    But we have not had any sports riot since 1879 that I can recall.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    This riot was on all the news programs tonight here in Australia.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Stupid Americans
    Stupid Americans
    Stupid Americans....

Its about time you people from Canada took some heat....hehehehehehehehe

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... riot26.jpg

Um, officer, I guess I had to much Molsen last night. Can you let me go with a slap on the wrist?

This picture will follow this kid for the rest of his life. Right?
    I am pretty sure thats a felony. Right?
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,151

That guy is a moron. I hope he is embarrassed about this picture. Any sensible person would be.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
    Does anyone know who the Asian kid with the angry menacing face and the hockey stick is?
    I want to hire him as my personal bodyguard, he looks like he can kick some ass.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    haffajappa wrote:
    i was downtown and to be honest it was pretty contained.
    its a small downtown core and the violence was mostly on a couple streets and intersections.

the reason why ppl are taking to fb and twitter is because they are embarassed for the way this city looks and also feel they (we) need to scream our side of the story - everyone knew full well that we'd wake up to news reports from all over the world pointing the finger at us for the actions of a few
    I know, and I wasn't trying to make anyone feel small for defending the city...I love love love Vancouver (just not your hockey team ;) ), and I would hope that most people will realize what you said - that it was limited to a couple dozen idiots, contained, and the violence was relatively minor. It's just frustrating to me to see so much emotion over it, and none over any other issues of the day....I wish people would take an interest and defending their fellow man, and bitching about social/environmental injustice like they do about this.....I have one fb friend who spent the entire election whining that his fb had been taken over by politics and people talking about 'boring' crap no one cared about.....he posted about 15 times last night, furious over the riot...like....where are your priorities, dude? This obviously isn't directed at you, I'm sure you bitch about Harper on fb too ;) haha...but that's another thread.
    Anyway - yes, anyone with half a brain should realize Van is a world class city, and a few drunken teenagers being db's changes nothing.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

That guy is a moron. I hope he is embarrassed about this picture. Any sensible person would be.

downright full on gangsta
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... /riot2.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    hey guys, wait up.....

check out my purse

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... /riot8.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... riot34.jpg

My kind of woman.....

WTF????

hehehehehehehehehe
    The 81 wrote:

They may take our lives, but they'll never take..................OUR FREEEEEEEDOMMMM!!!!!
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot34.jpg

My kind of woman.....

WTF????

hehehehehehehehehe

OMG :lol::lol::lol:
    The 81 wrote:
    hey guys, wait up.....

check out my purse

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... /riot8.jpg

As we say here in Aus, MANBAG!!!!
    Does anyone know who the Asian kid with the angry menacing face and the hockey stick is?
    I want to hire him as my personal bodyguard, he looks like he can kick some ass.
    :lol:
    sorry i can't help but laugh.

anyone know who that asian kid, in vancouver, is? anyone?

you'd have to be from BC to realise how funny that sounds
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    My friend does a lot of online betting ... I wonder what the line / odds on Vancouver out-rioting Boston were? Boston had to be 4:1 favorite.

Nothing like a good underdog story. 8-)
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot34.jpg

My kind of woman.....

WTF????

hehehehehehehehehe

classic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    haffajappa wrote:

lol I don't get it.
    I assume there is a large Asian population there?
  • Son, I am disappoint.

I am so embarrassed that this was the outcome. Sorry, the rest of the world, we should have been tougher on those same a$$holes who rioted during the Olympics. Maybe those hooligans would have decided against trying to destroy THEIR OWN CITY for a second time.

In 1994, Vancouver didn't have the same monitoring that it does today, so the VPD obtained all the bank machine footage and security camera footage they could and set up kiosks for people to go and watch the riot footage so they could help identify any of the rioters. Now Vancouver has public security cameras in all the locations people were rioting. Add all the social network apps, etc. into the mix, and hopefully every single one of those douche-nozzles get arrested.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... riot33.jpg

And this fucking dingaling is the SMARTEST one in the bunch....

He truly is...

He went out and committed felonies all night...
    And was smart enough? To conceal his identity.....

Its a shame, when this fucking idiot, is the brains of the bunch.....hehehehehe
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,389
    This has to be some Philly assholes... :think:

I liked that list of riots that seemed to have occurred everywhere but Philadelphia. Lord knows we've had plenty to riot about.

Yeah, we are the worst fans anywhere. :roll:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:

lol I don't get it.
    I assume there is a large Asian population there?

Yes
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/riot33.jpg

And this fucking dingaling is the SMARTEST one in the bunch....

He truly is...

He went out and committed felonies all night...
    And was smart enough? To conceal his identity.....

Its a shame, when this fucking idiot, is the brains of the bunch.....hehehehehe

Free Willy with a bit of St Patricks day, nice touch.
    I wish people would take an interest and defending their fellow man, and bitching about social/environmental injustice like they do about this.....I have one fb friend who spent the entire election whining that his fb had been taken over by politics and people talking about 'boring' crap no one cared about.....
    omg i hate that!
    maybe if he took a little more interest he'd realise the ways that the government shapes his/her life.
    like seriously if you really don't care about who is leading and representing this country then i don't want to hear you complain about ANYTHING.

but yes, that is another thread lol
    These photos are comedy gold :lol: