LIVE RIOTS IN VANCOUVER.

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wow im just amazed that people do this,,,

it it the alcohol???
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,151
    I thought Canada was so peaceful?
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    lukin2006 wrote:

What a bunch of fucking morons.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    haffajappa wrote:
    I also have to say (and agree with my fellow fans) i am a die hard canucks fan who has been through them every step of the way on this emotional journey and this is not representative of the real fans. what happened tonight is pathetic and has taken away from what should be a glorious moment for the bruins and no one wants to see this.

I think most sensible people realize it is not typical of the people of Vancouver, there are always idiots who ruin everything. Trust me I know, I'm a Philly fan.

Congratulations to the Bruins, I'm so happy for my family, it's been a long time coming.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

nice!

i wonder what the average length of time these yahoos take to actually feel embarrassed for themselves!?

WHOLE lot of douchebags in those pictures. Wow.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    lukin2006 wrote:
    wow- such violence and disregard. It always surprises me how people react to sporting events.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,464
    Fucking animals.....

All because some professional athletes lost a hockey game?

Congrats people of Vancouver...
    You have just joined my long list....
    Of Human beings that I consider to be pieces of shit......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Fucking animals.....

This was just a small percentage of the 100000 people who were downtown that night. Does your list include Chicago, it seems to me they had a small riot at a baseball game over disco music?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Fucking animals.....

This was just a small percentage of the 100000 people who were downtown that night. Does your list include Chicago, it seems to me they had a small riot at a baseball game over disco music?
    If ya were not on the street acting like an animal...
    Then you shouldnt take my post personally....Right?

Those people are nothing but fucking animals...
    Fact...
  • Fucking animals.....

wow - that must be a long list dude, there's over 600,000 people in the city.
    nothing like blaming a whole cities population on a few morons dispicable acts.

No worries though, I am sure Vancouver doesn't even know who you are.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Fucking animals.....

and by people of Vancouver you do mean the handful of idiots who came into the city looking to start trouble, right?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Fucking animals.....

If ya were not on the street acting like an animal...
    Then you shouldnt take my post personally....Right?

Those people are nothing but fucking animals...
    Fact...

I'm not taking your post personally...the one's causing the problem were not true hans and most likely were from the suburbs...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

haffajappa wrote:
    Fucking animals.....

and by people of Vancouver you do mean the handful of idiots who came into the city looking to start trouble, right?

exactly...Vancouver's a big city...to label the city as the problem... :lol::lol::lol:

haffajappa wrote:
    Fucking animals.....

Obviously I am refering to the blithering fucking idiots that I am watching on these videos, and In pictures that are all over the newscasts and all over the internet....

And it should be interesting when all these fucking animals are pulled into court. Cant wait to see how many of them are thrown in prison.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    oh yes of course i must have missed the blatant obviousness in your term 'the people of vancouver'
    you'd have to be there to see the logistics of it... i was there AND i'm from the suburbs and i can assure you it was idiots from out here that set out to fuck everything up
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    haffajappa wrote:
    Fucking animals.....

Obviously I am refering to the blithering fucking idiots that I am watching on these videos, and In pictures that are all over the newscasts and all over the internet....

And it should be interesting when all these fucking animals are pulled into court. Cant wait to see how many of them are thrown in prison.

Probably none will go to jail unless they injured someone seriously...most likely a fine and ordered to pay restitution...some may even avoid criminal charges by just paying restitution.

haffajappa wrote:
    oh yes of course i must have missed the blatant obviousness in your term 'the people of vancouver'
    you'd have to be there to see the logistics of it... i was there AND i'm from the suburbs and i can assure you it was idiots from out here that set out to fuck everything up

Don't worry haffa, my image of Vancouver is still the great pictures and wonderful job that Vancouver did during the Olympics...I've never been their myself...someday...for a hockey game hopefully.

Million dollar professional athletes lose a hockey game? They will all be on planes within the next 48 hours, traveling with their families to Hawaii, Aruba, etc. etc.

And the knucklehead fans? They will all be facing criminal charges and heading off to jail. I love the fucking animals who are actually posing for pictures, with big smiles on their faces. How fucking ignorant can you be?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:
    Dont worry...
    The people of Chicago are on my long list of human beings I consider to be pieces of shit.....
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    These aren't fans. It's kids from the burbs mixing with vagrants.

Police should have been better prepared.
    Million dollar professional athletes lose a hockey game? They will all be on planes within the next 48 hours, traveling with their families to Hawaii, Aruba, etc. etc.

And the knucklehead fans? They will all be facing criminal charges and heading off to jail. I love the fucking animals who are actually posing for pictures, with big smiles on their faces. How fucking ignorant can you be?
    So the one picture I see...

The blithering idiot who is attempting to set the police squad car on fire?

How much time do you think he will spend in prison?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    lukin2006 wrote:

The Asian kid with the hockey stick :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... 940&h=1046

Not surprised to see anarchist punks in the photos. :roll:
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The Australian Foreign Minister tonight issued a warning to all Australians not to travel to Vancouver unless absolutely necessary.

Just kidding :P
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

lukin2006 wrote:

The Asian kid with the hockey stick :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress ... 940&h=1046

Not surprised to see anarchist punks in the photos. :roll:

He went their to cause trouble...most people don't carry around hockey sticks fully taped...he brought that stick with him intent on using and not for it's intended purpose.

lukin2006 wrote:

I don't understand why people riot if their team wins, wtf.
    Here in Australia we don't riot.
    I am trying to understand this phenomena in Nth America.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I think it’s something in the water in BC. I realize this can happen anywhere, and here in Edmonton we had a riot on Canada day of all days(?) a few years back….and things got a little stupid at times in the 06 cup run….but after spending a couple years in BC, I started to think that there was a segment of the population there who thought of rioting as a spectator sport. The Kelowna Regatta and Peachfest in Penticton are both huge, awesomely fun festivals that were ruined by annual riots in the 80's and 90s….Hell, I was involved in a riot in Kelowna in 93 at a fucking carnival! They shut it down early because of fights breaking out everywhere, and the crowd rioted….a massive brawl broke out between the kids and the carnies, and I got blindsided with a steel pipe, shattering my rib and damaging my kidney. Obviously not everyone in BC is an idiot lol….but I’ve never partied/lived/vacationed anywhere else where large groups of people almost inevitably end up chanting ‘riot! riot! riot!’….

All said…losing a hockey game is not worth being an idiot over…and a relatively minor riot is not something to judge a city on, nor to be beside yourself in outrage over. I hope I’m not the only one who sees a bit of irony in the millions of facebook updates in total outrage over this. There are people on my facebook to whom I want to say “Let’s get this straight: it’s shameful to riot over hockey cause it’s just a game…but a few smashed windows and burned cars can get you ‘online within minutes, registering your disgust throughout the world’ , when no other atrocity in the world can inspire you to do the same? THIS is what makes up upset at the state of the world today?” It really IS disgusting.…but put in perspective, everyone’s reaction to a couple dozen idiots is a bit overblown imho.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge Posts: 4,733
    It's truely a sad day for a city who recently hosted the olympics. Did the police not see this coming?

I just don't get the mentality of someone rolling a car and setting it on fire. Destroying property. A really fucked up society we live in.....and in a civilized part of the world.

I'm sure there was some involvement from people who could care less about hockey, but most of the people in those riots were drunk and angry fans. Makes no difference if they live in Vancouver, or in the suberbs.

The Canucks had a great season and came up short. Boston was the better team and deserved to win. Vancouver squeaked by with their 3 home games and the first 2 could have gone the other way. Boston clearly won their home games.