LIVE RIOTS IN VANCOUVER.

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The news now reported a Bruin fan just got beaten up...I don't know about anyone else, in a situation like that I would not have advertise myself a Bruin fan...but thats just me, I'd rather gloat injury free at a later date.

Maybe he had a jersey on. What should he have done, thrown it in the trash and tried to get out of there shirtless? Blame the people that beat on him, not him.

I'm not blaming him...but your entering into riot zone, with what is a clearly unstable situation, stay in the arena, approach a police officer...I would certainly try to go unnoticed as much as possible...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    I sure as shit wouldn't have worn a Bruins jersey in that crowd. Not his fault for getting beat but use your head sometimes.

I agree...common sense helps...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

They just showed on the news 2 Bruins fans who approached a crowd of Canuck fans and appeared to be taunting the fans, the Bruin fans got knocked on their ass...Duh...at what point does it seem like a good idea to approach a crowd and taunt.

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I sure as shit wouldn't have worn a Bruins jersey in that crowd. Not his fault for getting beat but use your head sometimes.

That's pretty fuckin' retarded that you can't wear an opposing team's jersey without the treat of getting beat up.
    I'm constantly amazed at how stupid people can truly be (not you poster ^...the asshole fans).
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:

still ... you should be able to go to a road game especially in the stanley cup and not feel like your life is endangered ... now, without knowing the full extent of what happened here ... i would say that it is likely the act of a small minority like it always is but similar to many social situations ... the public needs to police themselves as well ... if a bruin fan is innocently attacked ... locals need to step up and protect the guy ... there is no excuse for apathy ...
    lukin2006 wrote:
    They just showed on the news 2 Bruins fans who approached a crowd of Canuck fans and appeared to be taunting the fans, the Bruin fans got knocked on their ass...Duh...at what point does it seem like a good idea to approach a crowd and taunt.

this does not surprise me ...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,141
    now the cops are dropping gas on the crowd and are advancing on them. people are going to try to run and possibly get trampled. this is not a safe situation....
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    lukin2006 wrote:

Now that ^ is stupid. It's one thing to be an opposing fan, but it's another thing being a giant dick.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

this does not surprise me ...

It appears that they breed them tough in Boston?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

still ... you should be able to go to a road game especially in the stanley cup and not feel like your life is endangered ... now, without knowing the full extent of what happened here ... i would say that it is likely the act of a small minority like it always is but similar to many social situations ... the public needs to police themselves as well ... if a bruin fan is innocently attacked ... locals need to step up and protect the guy ... there is no excuse for apathy ...

I agree...but we all know people who are drunk can are irrationally...very sad, doubt these are real fans .

I just saw fifthelement on the live video, she was throwing bricks at the cops.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    It is dumb for a Bruins fan to taunt a Vancouver fan, but I'm watching tons of Vancouver fans taunting the riot officers. That is truly dumb. They are getting shit fired at them, I saw one get bashed in the face with a riot shield and dragged off. Taunting guys armed with tear gas, flash bombs, whoopin' sticks, shields, and God knows what else is REALLY dumb.

I did see a couple of guys really stepping up though. Earlier there were a couple of guys in Vancouver jerseys trying to help the cops, and keep the crowds away from them, etc. There needs to be more of that.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    A fellow I work with is a huuuuge Bruin fan...and I made the mistake of saying that I'd like to see Vancouver win, but made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't lose any sleep over Vancouver loss's...after every Bruin win he has done nothing but taunt and bee a giant dick...I picture him being the type to walk into a crowd and get his ass kicked.

I now have a whole new respect for Red Wing and Leaf fans...never seen such behaviour...he's in his 50's behaving like a 2 year...hehehehehe.

fans, I'm happy for y'all and Imma let you finish,but L.A. had one of the best riots of all time.
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    If Vancouver had one of these...

16102-15041.gif

the riot would already be over, and he'd be drinking a beer with Mahoney.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    If Vancouver had one of these...

16102-15041.gif

the riot would already be over, and he'd be drinking a beer with Mahoney.

No way, if they had this dude the riot would end quickly....

officerBarbrady_bigger.gif
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    jimed14 wrote:
    Looks kind of tame ... regardless ... I hope haffajappa and fifthelement get home safely.

edit ... ok, I just saw something pretty large, on fire ... not cool

Thanks for the concern jimed. I wasn't there. I'm on the Island. Horrible situation though :cry:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • coastercoaster Posts: 24
    Just want all of you to know that as a die hard Nucks fan I am so saddened and hurt by this loss. We were such a great team all year but Boston beat us and that is that!I am going to regroup by puffing and watching Water on the road...... These punks being punks downtown are not representative of Vancouver. They are just shitheads wanting an excuse to be shitheads. Every city has them. We are such a gracious and humble beautiful city and these are not our representatives. The city put on great viewing areas for hundreds of thousands like they did for the Olympics all playoffs long without an issue. These shits will ruin it for us all. Thanks losers. Come visit the real Vancouver and enjoy
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    6a5bff6d484bf89d8e320abc9f916.gif
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Just got back home (well at a friends house now)

Like I said in the other thread, i watched the game with restlesssoul and some other people downtown. Looking out the window everything seemed cool but we turend around to the TV showing a car that had exploded (which was on the other side of the set of buildings we were in) and we knew oh great here we go again.

Anyways, I met up with a friend who was working at the game and said things started getting ugly there. She walked up and met me and we walked down hamilton to try and get to the train station ... a crowd of people started to surge and run back towards us but we couldnt see what they were running from so we just decided to turn around and walk in the same direction anyways. So we walked down Cambie instead (parallel to hamilton) and saw the cars on fire and people mostly taking pictures.

Waiting down near the water was pretty quiet, we waited around for about an hour for a friend of my friend's so she didnt have to go home herself. Anyways like i said it was quiet and we just hung around and enjoyed the weather. Things seemed prett blown out of proportion... But then friends and fam started texting us and saying that the crowds were moving our direction so we decided to catch the train - luckily we did because we hear they started stalling the trains afterwards.

Mostly idiots not associated with the game intending to start shit regardless of what the result was.

Not sure which would have been worse... tear gas and rubber bullets or having to hear the idiots from out of town bragging about the cars they burned.... the whole way home on the train. ugh.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    I also have to say (and agree with my fellow fans) i am a die hard canucks fan who has been through them every step of the way on this emotional journey and this is not representative of the real fans. what happened tonight is pathetic and has taken away from what should be a glorious moment for the bruins and no one wants to see this.
    I just saw fifthelement on the live video, she was throwing bricks at the cops.
    yeah she was like
    "GOD DAMN IT... haffa and me owe jimed a BEER"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Stay classy, Vancouver. What a fucking mess.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435
    the stupidty of some people never ceases to amaze me. i wonder how these idiots feel this morning. ass clowns.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    lukin2006 wrote:
    That's a Boston fan's typical championship celebration ... to immediately find fans from the other team and taunt them ... I swear they enjoy that more then the team's win.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    haffajappa wrote:
    Just got back home (well at a friends house now)

Like I said in the other thread, i watched the game with restlesssoul and some other people downtown. Looking out the window everything seemed cool but we turend around to the TV showing a car that had exploded (which was on the other side of the set of buildings we were in) and we knew oh great here we go again.

Anyways, I met up with a friend who was working at the game and said things started getting ugly there. She walked up and met me and we walked down hamilton to try and get to the train station ... a crowd of people started to surge and run back towards us but we couldnt see what they were running from so we just decided to turn around and walk in the same direction anyways. So we walked down Cambie instead (parallel to hamilton) and saw the cars on fire and people mostly taking pictures.

Waiting down near the water was pretty quiet, we waited around for about an hour for a friend of my friend's so she didnt have to go home herself. Anyways like i said it was quiet and we just hung around and enjoyed the weather. Things seemed prett blown out of proportion... But then friends and fam started texting us and saying that the crowds were moving our direction so we decided to catch the train - luckily we did because we hear they started stalling the trains afterwards.

Mostly idiots not associated with the game intending to start shit regardless of what the result was.

Not sure which would have been worse... tear gas and rubber bullets or having to hear the idiots from out of town bragging about the cars they burned.... the whole way home on the train. ugh.
    Well it's not like the people wearing the masks went home to get those masks after the game ;)
    my friend in north van said it was kids from the burbs mostly ...

in the end tho - if it was only a small group of people, the police should have been able to handle it ... considering what happened in 94 - you would think they would be better prepared ...

what will be interesting is that i'm pretty sure that many of these jackasses are on some camera somewhere and hopefully, they'll eventually get arrested ...

lukin2006 wrote:

nice!

i wonder what the average length of time these yahoos take to actually feel embarrassed for themselves!?