Options

2011 EV Tour Poster Artists

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    arq wrote:
    If someone is attending to the Santa Barbara concert I have an extra Sperry for trade for a Emek, so if you're interested in this trade please PM me or email me!

Thanks!!!

emek 10x > sperry

no comments
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    arq wrote:
    arq wrote:
    If someone is attending to the Santa Barbara concert I have an extra Sperry for trade for a Emek, so if you're interested in this trade please PM me or email me!

Thanks!!!

emek 10x > sperry

no comments
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    arq wrote:

Thanks!!!

emek 10x > sperry

100x

Sperry's posters are just glorified clip art with the smoke and mirrors of metallic inks. Emek is a fine artist who hand draws and inks his posters. A master.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Again no comments, I just want to see if anyone wants to trade Santa Barbara poster for a Long Beach poster, no comments in the art
    Post edited by arq on
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    arq wrote:
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Emek is a fine artist who hand draws and inks his posters. A master.

I can see you haven't seem a photoshoped image in you life ;)
    arq - I like what you did with the Tamayo poster and the EV logo in the sun on your avatar. Very creative.
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Emek is a fine artist who hand draws and inks his posters. A master.

I can see you haven't seem a photoshoped image in you life ;)
    arq - I like what you did with the Tamayo poster and the EV logo in the sun on your avatar. Very creative.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    arq wrote:

Thanks!!!

emek 10x > sperry

100x

Sperry's posters are just glorified clip art with the smoke and mirrors of metallic inks. Emek is a fine artist who hand draws and inks his posters. A master.

Sometimes smoke and mirrors of metallic inks are better then hand draw and inks posters, not necessary in this case but I think this is fair trade if you have extra Emek to swap.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    theserialthrillatheserialthrilla Posts: 15,760
    I can see you haven't seem a photoshoped image in you life ;)[/quote]
    arq - I like what you did with the Tamayo poster and the EV logo in the sun on your avatar. Very creative.[/quote]

thats the sun!!! i thought it was a giant ed beachball :P
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    awesome..just frikkin awesome.,.this called art....great poster by Emek
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    what I like about Emek is the detailed work, it's always so interesting and exciting to explore his posters! And in this poster there are a LOT of them!!!
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Santa Barbara, CA - poster:
    SBEMEK.jpg
    Poster Artist: EMEK

Detailed larger image:
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/wolfey143/SantaBarbaraEmekLarge.jpg

Holy shit. This is amazing. I love the theme behind. It has an old-skool feel to it as well. Cali has been blessed with mighty fine posters this tour
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    I wonder - if this wasn't emek how much praise it would be getting.

Would anyone frame this?

I'm not saying I don't like it but really is it genuinely a classic? Or honestly were people hoping for more from the master?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Would anyone frame this?

I'm not saying I don't like it but really is it genuinely a classic? Or honestly were people hoping for more from the master?
    the thing gets me crazy about it is the colors..AMAZING...this blue and the sky color..is awesome..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    no way this is the best poster on the usa ed tour...not even close
    who said that?..chicago 1 is my number 1..
  • Options
    no way this is the best poster on the usa ed tour...not even close
    who said that?..chicago 1 is my number 1..
    yep, Dimi, same here :D Chicago 1 so far :D
  • Options
    Before I do my final top list I would like to see them in person ;) thanks to a good friend here I have all poster that I want from this tour waiting to be shipped, but I agree that Munk One with all 3 poster did amazing job, let's wait for the last 5 shows right?? to see everything.

From pics right now I'll say;
    Chicago 1, Long Beach, Minneapolis and Santa Barbara best 4
    then Chicago 2, Tamayo 2, LA and Soto
    the rest :?
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Would anyone frame this?

I don't know if this will end up on the wall, but I have to say that it was good surprise from Emek when I saw it this morning, I am not huge Emek fan, I am not crazy about all his stuff, specially this year IMHO only QOTSA poster is great everything else is mediocre comparing to his older stuff that I love like Nick Cave Manchester 06 (best gig poster ever) or Decemberists 07 or even Ween/Flaming Lips...
    what I want to say that we got a really good poster from Emek if you see his work in 2011, just my 2 cent.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I like this Emek poster, but it reminds me of some Surfers Against Sewage posters (they are a charity/lobbying group based near me who used to get surfers/artists etc to design clothing, leaflets/posters etc to raise funds)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    pdalowsky wrote:

Would anyone frame this?

I don't know if this will end up on the wall, but I have to say that it was good surprise from Emek when I saw it this morning, I am not huge Emek fan, I am not crazy about all his stuff, specially this year IMHO only QOTSA poster is great everything else is mediocre comparing to his older stuff that I love like Nick Cave Manchester 06 (best gig poster ever) or Decemberists 07 or even Ween/Flaming Lips...
    what I want to say that we got a really good poster from Emek if you see his work in 2011, just my 2 cent.

Niko, I'll agree that 2011 hasn't been EMEK's greatest year for posters, but he still has done a couple of amazing pieces... for example, this one showed up in the mail a couple of weeks back, and it is beautiful:

IS.php?id=181099&t=mi

And he hasn't sold either of these yet, but I'm circling like a vulture waiting for the drop... both are similar concepts, but they both look fantastic:

IS.php?id=182173&t=mi
    IS.php?id=178663&t=mi

And then you have to think about the Foo Fighters/Motorhead Copper printing he did, which is just sickening...

IS.php?id=181732&t=mi

And the new black keys poster looks like it would have some real depth in person on that fancy paper...

IS.php?id=182677&t=mi

so all in all, while his Ed prints this year may have missed the mark a bit (and I say that without seeing them in person cause I can never seem to score PJ/Ed EMEK prints with all the people trying to get them), I can't see how one could call this a bad year for EMEK.

Personally, I like this SB print a lot, despite it's morbidity... the level of detail in the poster is so thick that every time you look at it, you'll find something new in the print... a lot of EMEK's work is like that... It just depresses me to know I'll probably never be able to get my hands on one and look at it in person...

(that said if anyone bought a spare they are willing to part with,1st or otherwise, I will happily accept, cause EMEK artist drops on PJ/Ed posters never go well for me.... :cry: )
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,177
    My Top 5 list so far:
    Emek Santa Barbara
    Jermaine NYC night 2
    Munk one Minneapolis
    Munk one Chicago 1
    Jermaine/Kozik NYC 1
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Would anyone frame this?

the thing gets me crazy about it is the colors..AMAZING...this blue and the sky color..is awesome..

The blue in the name at the top also has some metallic flecks in it. Its pretty sweet up close
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Would anyone frame this?

The blue in the name at the top also has some metallic flecks in it. Its pretty sweet up close
    damn..u make me wanna want it more.. :lol:
  • Options
    pjfan31 posted this in another thread (thanks for that!):

"I had a quick look on here, nobody has posted it, but here is an email that Soto sent....

As many Eddie Vedder fans have properly guessed- there is a companion piece to my Providence, RI poster. Actually two companions... that's right folks, it is a triptych. Stay tuned for more info...."
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Niko, I'll agree that 2011 hasn't been EMEK's greatest year for posters, but he still has done a couple of amazing pieces... for example, this one showed up in the mail a couple of weeks back, and it is beautiful:

IS.php?id=181099&t=mi

And he hasn't sold either of these yet, but I'm circling like a vulture waiting for the drop... both are similar concepts, but they both look fantastic:

IS.php?id=182173&t=mi
    IS.php?id=178663&t=mi

And then you have to think about the Foo Fighters/Motorhead Copper printing he did, which is just sickening...

IS.php?id=181732&t=mi

And the new black keys poster looks like it would have some real depth in person on that fancy paper...

IS.php?id=182677&t=mi

so all in all, while his Ed prints this year may have missed the mark a bit (and I say that without seeing them in person cause I can never seem to score PJ/Ed EMEK prints with all the people trying to get them), I can't see how one could call this a bad year for EMEK.

Personally, I like this SB print a lot, despite it's morbidity... the level of detail in the poster is so thick that every time you look at it, you'll find something new in the print... a lot of EMEK's work is like that... It just depresses me to know I'll probably never be able to get my hands on one and look at it in person...

(that said if anyone bought a spare they are willing to part with,1st or otherwise, I will happily accept, cause EMEK artist drops on PJ/Ed posters never go well for me.... :cry: )

I can't see images
    For 2 posters that you mention; FF & TBK, there are awesome but It's all different game because material, I give him a lot of credit because he experiment a lot with different stuff like plexiglass, copper and new 3D TBK poster that is cool, I mean I like Emek don't get me wrong but I don't necessary idolize everything, every poster just because he is Emek, you know what I mean.
  • Options
    Oakland, CA - Night 1 - poster:
    EVOakland12011.jpg
    Poster Artist: Jordan Buckley
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Chuck Sperry - Long Beach
    Dabs and Myla - Philly
    EMEK – Santa Barbara
    Jeff Soto - Providence
    John Glomb - St. Louis
    Jordan Buckley – Oakland 1
    Kozik/Jermaine - NYC 1, NYC 2
    MARK 5 - Boston, Detroit
    Maxx 242 - LA
    Munk One - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Minneapolis
    Roland Tamayo - San Diego x2
    Tom Tomorrow - Hartford

I would guess that would leave:
    Soto - Seattle 1, Seattle 2 (based on triptych email by Soto)
    Jordan Buckley - Oakland 2 (no cities have been split)
    EMEK - Portland (just a guess but it is his hometown)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
    Okum wrote:
    EMEK - Portland (just a guess but it is his hometown)

Thought I read some where's here that EMEK was only doing 1 print on this tour.
  • Options
    Oakland, CA - Night 2 - poster:
    EVOakland22011.jpg
    Poster Artist: Mark5
  • Options
    next