Got a first date lined up for Saturday night....

12346»

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    If she's playing games with things like not calling back... RUN DON'T WALK away! Stuff like that never gets better. Big, big red flag.

I agree with the advise to stay away from the dating sites.

How about finding a buddy and going on a double date? It might take some of the pressure off you.

I haven't tried dating sites.
    I meant site with dating advice and youtube with some cassanova dude giving advice lol.

I was actually thinking I should try a dating site seeing I don't go out much these days.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    If she's playing games with things like not calling back... RUN DON'T WALK away! Stuff like that never gets better. Big, big red flag.

How about finding a buddy and going on a double date? It might take some of the pressure off you.
    There is NOTHING wrong with dating sites. It's no different than meeting someone anyplace else. 40% of people meet on the internet these days. I met my love on a dating site. Just stick to the free sites. There's no reason to have to pay.

As in life, you may go on a few dozen internet dates before you meet somebody, but don't take them too seriously and don't over think. Just be yourself.

I think it met my girl have after a dozen or so internet dates. Meeting a girl online is better than a bar or creepily stalking somebody at a grocery store or something. And when you get to a certain age, you don't have many friends with single friends they can introduce.

The internet is a great place to start because you know what the other person wants. Just be patient.

And I've learned, the advise of others doesn't always work. Do what YOU feel is right so you meet somebody who likes you for who YOU are.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Gob wrote:

There is NOTHING wrong with dating sites. It's no different than meeting someone anyplace else. 40% of people meet on the internet these days. I met my love on a dating site. Just stick to the free sites. There's no reason to have to pay.

As in life, you may go on a few dozen internet dates before you meet somebody, but don't take them too seriously and don't over think. Just be yourself.

I think it met my girl have after a dozen or so internet dates. Meeting a girl online is better than a bar or creepily stalking somebody at a grocery store or something. And when you get to a certain age, you don't have many friends with single friends they can introduce.

The internet is a great place to start because you know what the other person wants. Just be patient.

And I've learned, the advise of others doesn't always work. Do what YOU feel is right so you meet somebody who likes you for who YOU are.

You make good points. I can't speak to dating sites. I met my girlfriend years ago on the U2 forum and we became friends and I got to know her better in person on a few fan get togethers in NYC.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think most people are saying to avoid the internet for dating advice as in the do's and don'ts ... not internet dating per se ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i think most people are saying to avoid the internet for dating advice as in the do's and don'ts ... not internet dating per se ...
    Ah, ok... As far as advice, everyone is different. My girl would be happy no matter what we did or where we go. She loves me for who I am and not what we spend our time doing. Just being together, wether it's an inteligent conversation, or just staring eachother in the eyes most of the night is when you know its going to work. :)
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Just don't stare into her eyes on the first date. That's kinda creepy...
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Gob wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Ah, ok... As far as advice, everyone is different. My girl would be happy no matter what we did or where we go. She loves me for who I am and not what we spend our time doing. Just being together, wether it's an inteligent conversation, or just staring eachother in the eyes most of the night is when you know its going to work. :)

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

:lol::lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Gob wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

:lol::lol:

C'mon now...that's a bit harsh...

( :sick::lol: )
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Suzi78 wrote:

or stare at anything else

KidStaringAtBoobs.jpg

:mrgreen:
    norm wrote:
    Suzi78 wrote:

KidStaringAtBoobs.jpg

:lol:
    or look like this guy...

23ljih1.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    norm wrote:
    Suzi78 wrote:

KidStaringAtBoobs.jpg

this is Loganator for sure.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Oh, come on guys, you know what I mean! :P

I don't stare at her all night, but I could... It's more like we fart on eachother all night and still get along.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    sooo....

what's the story now?

i'm curious
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    drive fast. good tunes. a lot of weed burning. get her heart pumping with excitement by writing poetry on her thighs... (jeans on or not)
    tell her you're a drug addict who suffers from ADHD and other mental issues, and that you have several bunk ass knees and can hardly walk, you're addicted to several different pain killers, you don't drink anymore but if you did you'd slam 3 fifths of wine while driving through a cornfield where you'd have a hard picnic for her.

she will love you... :| it's not easy but someone has to do it
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    drive fast. good tunes. a lot of weed burning. get her heart pumping with excitement by writing poetry on her thighs... (jeans on or not)
    tell her you're a drug addict who suffers from ADHD and other mental issues, and that you have several bunk ass knees and can hardly walk, you're addicted to several different pain killers, you don't drink anymore but if you did you'd slam 3 fifths of wine while driving through a cornfield where you'd have a hard picnic for her.

she will love you... :| it's not easy but someone has to do it

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    sooo....

what's the story now?

i'm curious

Nothing eventuated, she seemed genuinely interested and the date went well.
    She did not return my call after I left a voicemail asking her to call me back.
    Was trying to set up the second date.
    Oh well, I've moved on.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    She was a bitch.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    She was a bitch.....

I don't get her, she said yes to a second date but does not call back.
    Neeeext! :?
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    The 81 wrote:
    She was a bitch.....

She may have lost her phone, gone out of town, gotten sick, etc. Try talking to her on facebook? She could at least tell you she didn't think it would work out if she doesn't want to see you again. Most women aren't this much of a bitch and will tell you if they aren't interested, or at least hint at it. If she said yes to a 2nd date, give her a little time, and maybe she'll come around. If not, fuck her(not litteraly), throw her in the gutter and go find another.

Good Luck!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    She was a bitch.....

She may have lost her phone, gone out of town, gotten sick, etc. Try talking to her on facebook? She could at least tell you she didn't think it would work out if she doesn't want to see you again. Most women aren't this much of a bitch and will tell you if they aren't interested, or at least hint at it. If she said yes to a 2nd date, give her a little time, and maybe she'll come around. If not, fuck her(not litteraly), throw her in the gutter and go find another.

Good Luck!

She sent me a text the next morning saying sorry that she missed my call. Then ended the text with take care.
    Haven't seen her on facebook chat since.
    I've forgotten about her now, if she was interested she would have called back.
    Thanks.
    Plenty of fish in the sea. You'll find the right one eventually.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Kevinman wrote:

hope so, not getting any younger and the grey hairs are coming out :?
    Kevinman wrote:

hope so, not getting any younger and the grey hairs are coming out :?

I hear you, still single myself, but at least my grey hairs are staying in(for now).

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago