Got a first date lined up for Saturday night....

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

I am trying to, been having problems relaxing during the day and falling asleep at night since. Nervous and anxious as.
    Want to make this work, sick of being single at almost 27 yrs, so I feel more under pressure to not blow it.
    Plus I've had job interviews that I am waiting to find out if I got the job.
    Too many things on my mind and I'm constantly nervous/anxious atm. :?
    Thanks all.

the hardest part of meeting someone is the 1st impression and since you knew each other previously she already has that 1st impression of you. relax and don't put this girl on such a pedestal. enjoy the night and don't worry about getting into a relationship already. enjoy the hour, two, three or whatever it turns into. if you focus on the 1st 5 minutes you'll be shocked at how quickly it turns into 3, 4, 5 hours.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    Bring a rubber and a backup plan to bolt.
    Never hurts to be prepared.

ok... so i've only read the first 2 posts

i just need to say

i love this message board

:)
  • EmBleve wrote:
    #1. Ask her a ton of questions. Fact: Women just want to talk and want men to listen.
    This is not always the case, especially for shy women. :D I would prefer not to do most of the talking at that stage of the game, but that's just me. But the asking questions part is good, shows interest.
    and, yes, pj20! :)

Definitely not always the case. I went on a date a few months ago and the guy sat there and asked me question after question after question. It was the worst date I have ever been on.

Engage in conversation. Don't just ask questions.

Good luck :)
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • sandgropersandgroper Posts: 172
    Advice... hmmmm... where do i begin. From my own persoanl experience here's a few things NOT to do:

Don't stare at her rack the whole time, it can be a bit off putting
    Don't lend her a CD unless you don't care if you don't get it back
    Don't tell her you live with your mother and that it's an agreed living arrangement
    Don't bring and example of your mates wedding album

I'm sure i have a lot more, but on a more serious note i just went on a date last night in a popular cafe/restaurant area and we went for a walk first before finding a nice cafe to sit down in. I thought that was a nice way to start things off without having that sit down face to face conversation straight away which can be a bit intimidating.
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    EmBleve wrote:
    #1. Ask her a ton of questions. Fact: Women just want to talk and want men to listen.
    This is not always the case, especially for shy women. :D I would prefer not to do most of the talking at that stage of the game, but that's just me. But the asking questions part is good, shows interest.
    and, yes, pj20! :)

Definitely not always the case. I went on a date a few months ago and the guy sat there and asked me question after question after question. It was the worst date I have ever been on.

Engage in conversation. Don't just ask questions.

Good luck :)
    That sounds like an inquisition! :D Definitely engage. It's awkward, though, if someone doesn't ask things, otherwise (for me) I feel very put on the spot, like I have to come up with things to say. (not my thing)...but an interview?? nah.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    she's got to be thinking you've gotten cocky "we'll see how it goes, maybe"

don't forget the test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW94hQQMTQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNNUl9jrzw
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    she's got to be thinking you've gotten cocky "we'll see how it goes, maybe"

don't forget the test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW94hQQMTQw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lNNUl9jrzw

Shit I hope not, didn't intend to come across as cocky :?

Interesting test.

Thanks again to all.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    My first date with Mr. Unlost... he says, "You pick the restaurant, I like anything but seafood."

We go to "The Fishmonger."

Pretty much how it's been ever since.

(But I did reach over and unlock the door for him, PPFL.)

:lol:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Don't stare at her camel toe
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

I am so glad I know what that means... 8-) :? :o
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

;):D

Is it wrong every time I hear camel toe I think of you

:? ;)

Stay away from one liners also..

Do you work for UPS? I could have sworn I saw you checking out my package

Not a good ice breaker

;):D

Is it wrong every time I hear camel toe I think of you

:? ;)

:twisted:
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    If ALL goes well ask for a " "G~O~B~B~Y" "..... :P
    i_lov_it wrote:
    If ALL goes well ask for a " "G~O~B~B~Y" "..... :P

Searching Urban Dictionary...

:think:

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,968
    Be yourself...only reference your nervousness once (once is cute, more than that is awkward and insecure)...Don't force your humor, let it come naturally....be attentive.....think of some good stories or how you might remember her from high school......make some witty comments/observations about your immediate environment....try to be in the moment the best you can, your nervousness is taking you out of the moment.
    I wish you well!
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Be yourself...only reference your nervousness once (once is cute, more than that is awkward and insecure)...Don't force your humor, let it come naturally....be attentive.....think of some good stories or how you might remember her from high school......make some witty comments/observations about your immediate environment....try to be in the moment the best you can, your nervousness is taking you out of the moment.
    I wish you well!

Thank you.
    You reckon I should tell her this is my first date?
    Just so that she understands the nervousness?
    Also I am thinking of telling her why I said "we'll see" about doing something else after coffee, just so she doesn't think I am cocky or not keen.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Go Beavers wrote:
    I wish you well!

Thank you.
    Also I am thinking of telling her why I said "we'll see" about doing something else after coffee, just so she doesn't think I am cocky or not keen.
    no and no....did you not read my first reply to this thread....shut the fuck with the stupid shit and enjoy your night out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,457
    The 81 wrote:
    no and no....did you not read my first reply to this thread....shut the fuck with the stupid shit and enjoy your night out.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    take her out for some chicken.

maybe some sex.

see what happens.
    www.myspace.com
  • Fake confidence and as she goes down on you you will become confident :twisted:
    But if really shy just have fun and don't pressure yourself, whats the worst that could happen.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    don't be a fool, wrap your tool
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Just go with it...Enjoy the moment...Have fun...It's simply a date after all... :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    Just go with it...Enjoy the moment...Have fun...It's simply a date after all... :mrgreen:

it is literally the biggest moment of his entire life. shame on you for trivializing it like that. my goodness.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    Just ask questions (like in the 40 Year Old virgin :lol:;) )
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505

it is literally the biggest moment of his entire life. shame on you for trivializing it like that. my goodness.

OK...bad Shimmy... Let me set this straight...where's my whip at? Thoughts_Arrive, you can borrow it. :lol::lol::mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,968
    Go Beavers wrote:
    I wish you well!

Thank you.

I would suggest to just say you don't date very often. At some point in the first half of the date, I don't think you need to reference the "we'll see" comment directly, just suggest a couple things that you could do afterward. Go with the de-caf, too, you'll probably be jumpy enough as it is.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Thank you all for the advice and feedback, much appreciated.
    As for the coffee on a Sat night not being a good idea mentioned earlier, she suggested we do something Sat night, I always thought and read that coffee or drinks at a bar are most suitable for a first date.
    Maybe I should've suggested Sunday lunchtime, oh wells.
    Where we are meeting up is not a walking distance to her house.
    I hope she doesn't want to go city, too much traffic.
    It is all cafe's and restaurants where we are going, not sure if there is a place more exciting there, see what happens.
    I always had in my mind something "more exciting" for a second date.
    I am going by the rules on youtube and online dating advice sites.

You are acting EXACTLY like I was with my girl seven months ago..

Now our dates consist of us farting on each other and laughing about it..

Good luck! :D
    whats the worst that could happen.

Could blow an opportunity that rarely comes along for me. :(
    conman wrote:
    don't be a fool, wrap your tool

I like that one. :lol:
    Not bringing any of those, not good to get it on on the first date (according to dating sites).