Got a first date lined up for Saturday night....

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091

Okay, someone is going to have to explain this to me.

Someone who is NOT Pillow Pants! (Step away from the keyboard, you.)

:oops: (for knowing)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    norm wrote:
    and for the record, I'd like to say that norm and 81 both have comedic gold in this thread :lol:

it must be gold because i haven't posted in this thread till now :lol::lol:
    :lol: Shit!
    I was thinking of this post:
    polaris_x wrote:
    oh yeah ... don't let her know you are a right wing rupert murdoch loving guy right away ... :D
    Maybe I just assumed it was you because polaris usually isn't funny at all :P (jk polaris :lol: )
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    The 81 wrote:
    maybe a cupcake with a red rose on the top. hmm hmmm

Is that dirty?!?

:?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:

Is that dirty?!?

:lol:

depends on what they do with the cupcake later.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

Is that dirty?!?

depends on what they do with the cupcake later.

:o
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    bring massage oil on the 2nd date - chocolate flavor that heats up when you blow on it

very romantic

:)

and i didn't start the junk text sidebar... i just helped it along... lets get that clear ;)
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    The 81 wrote:
    Someone who is NOT Pillow Pants! (Step away from the keyboard, you.)

8 = Balls
    = = shaft
    @ = tip

any more questions

good lord. I should probably start reading this from the beginning, this is what happens when I jump in the middle
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    The 81 wrote:
    Don't let Speedy or Like An Ocean read this ;)
    If I remember correctly this was LAO's plan a while back and Speedy was calling him a cheap-ass :lol:

wasn't that coffee?
    Not sure what the date was, but I remember him saying he wanted to bring her a single rose and speedy told him that looked cheap and that a short-stem, grocery store dozen was better than being a cheap ass with one.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Gob wrote:
    Thank you all for the advice and feedback, much appreciated.
    As for the coffee on a Sat night not being a good idea mentioned earlier, she suggested we do something Sat night, I always thought and read that coffee or drinks at a bar are most suitable for a first date.
    Maybe I should've suggested Sunday lunchtime, oh wells.
    Where we are meeting up is not a walking distance to her house.
    I hope she doesn't want to go city, too much traffic.
    It is all cafe's and restaurants where we are going, not sure if there is a place more exciting there, see what happens.
    I always had in my mind something "more exciting" for a second date.
    I am going by the rules on youtube and online dating advice sites.

You are acting EXACTLY like I was with my girl seven months ago..

Now our dates consist of us farting on each other and laughing about it..

Good luck! :D

HAHAHAHA!! ok, now I can't offer too much advise, but I can tell you when she lets you fart in front of her, you are in. And if there is no farting allowed, this will just not work in the long run. I would be more nervous about the first fart than the first sex.
    The 81 wrote:
    If I remember correctly this was LAO's plan a while back and Speedy was calling him a cheap-ass :lol:

wasn't that coffee?
    Not sure what the date was, but I remember him saying he wanted to bring her a single rose and speedy told him that looked cheap and that a short-stem, grocery store dozen was better than being a cheap ass with one.

i must have missed that thread....

i was thinking of the christmas gift thread.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    The 81 wrote:

wasn't that coffee?

Haha.. That was the flight attendant girl I started dating a few weeks before Valentines Day... I never gave her the flower because she ditched me on Valentines Day for her friends.

VERY hot girl.. too bad. She was on tons of anxiety meds, so it was probably better she never contacted me when she got back from her vacation.

Gob=LikeAnOcean, fyi. 8-)
    what was with the name change
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    The 81 wrote:
    what was with the name change
    Got tired of the old name. Too mellow dramatic. I had it for like 10 years.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    So now she is not returning my calls, even after I left her a vociemail saying "call me back".
    She instead texted me the next morning saying sorry that she missed my call then went to ask if any luck with the job hunt and ended with take care. I sent her a reply saying that's okay and answered her question on the job hunt situation.
    But at the end of the first date she seemed genuine when she said she'd like to catch up again soon again. :?
    I either screwed something up during the first date, she does not want to date a bum with no job, or she is playing games.
    Would you call one more time?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i wouldn't call ... if she's interested in seeing you again - she will let you know ...

right now - you should be trying to get on as many dates as possible with as many girls as possible ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    i wouldn't call ... if she's interested in seeing you again - she will let you know ...

right now - you should be trying to get on as many dates as possible with as many girls as possible ...

True.
    But dating sites say always call the second time as sometimes girls play games and want you to chase them.
    Not sure, don't want to come across as stalkerish but then don't want to blow it if it is games that she is playing.

And yes I should be dating more, not getting younger and the grey hairs are already coming out.
    Hard to meet good girls here, they all want to be clubbers and are into gangsta fashion.
    Dating sites are not good either, not sure :?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if she wants to play games - let her ... it's her loss ...

have you tried hitting up any of your friends ... particularly girls? ... girls love setting people up! ... haha ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    if she wants to play games - let her ... it's her loss ...

have you tried hitting up any of your friends ... particularly girls? ... girls love setting people up! ... haha ...

I think my friends sister has been/is keen on me, being flirty with when she sees me.
    But I respect her bro too much to go that far, one of the very few to always check up on me and see how I am traveling now with no job. But she is a full RnB / Gangsta fashion, music loving person, not my type.
    that lack of work thing is going to be a red X on her negative list. women like a guy that can provide. should give you more reason to pound that pavement, as if you didn't have a good enough reason.

regardless of what happens, you've broken your dating hymen.

keep grinding and line up a second date either with this gal or anouther. even if a new gal isn't 100% what you are looking for...go to the beach or whatever and enjoy the moment. dating isn't always about love or finding your life mate.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    So now she is not returning my calls, even after I left her a vociemail saying "call me back".
    She instead texted me the next morning saying sorry that she missed my call then went to ask if any luck with the job hunt and ended with take care. I sent her a reply saying that's okay and answered her question on the job hunt situation.
    But at the end of the first date she seemed genuine when she said she'd like to catch up again soon again. :?
    I either screwed something up during the first date, she does not want to date a bum with no job, or she is playing games.
    Dude, don't over think this. Go out with other girls, have fun!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,435

i'd say wait 2 or 3 weeks then text her then and ask her if she wants to get together again. seems like she is in no rush so no need to push her.
    Thanks all, appreciate your advice.

Another question, complimenting what a girl is wearing on the 1st date, good or bad idea?
    All the dating sites I've read say to compliment.
    depends on what she is wearing. :P

yes, a compliement is good.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    depends on what she is wearing. :P

yes, a compliement is good.

A nice leather jacket.
  • Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Dude you need to stop reading all those dating site guides...you're completely over thinking all this. People are human beings, not robots. Just use your common sense and relax a bit. Most women like to be complimented on how they dress...just like most guys do, right? I think you just need to date a lot more and not get hung up on this one girl. If she didn't call you back, she's clearly not interested. Could be anything really...maybe it was the fact that you don't have a job...maybe not. Maybe she just didn't feel any chemistry/sexual attraction and doesn't want to waste any time. Could be a combination of things...who knows? Doesn't really matter though. Move on and get yourself some new dates. That's all :)
    Good luck!
    How I choose to feel is how I am
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Dude you need to stop reading all those dating site guides...you're completely over thinking all this. People are human beings, not robots. Just use your common sense and relax a bit. Most women like to be complimented on how they dress...just like most guys do, right? I think you just need to date a lot more and not get hung up on this one girl. If she didn't call you back, she's clearly not interested. Could be anything really...maybe it was the fact that you don't have a job...maybe not. Maybe she just didn't feel any chemistry/sexual attraction and doesn't want to waste any time. Could be a combination of things...who knows? Doesn't really matter though. Move on and get yourself some new dates. That's all :)
    Good luck!

True, I don't want to come across as rehearsed/scripted but just needed to know the important do's and don't's.
    I tend to over-think and over-analyze things, it is how my mind works unfortunately.
    Thanks.
    do compliement

don't text wiener photo's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    do compliement

don't text wiener photo's

• Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Good luck!

True, I don't want to come across as rehearsed/scripted but just needed to know the important do's and don't's.
    I tend to over-think and over-analyze things, it is how my mind works unfortunately.
    Thanks.

The only way to learn the do's and don'ts is by experience. You will probably have 10-20 more dates like this before finding someone who's actually worth your time and where the feeling is mutual. And yeah, like 81 said, no wiener shots...at least not until the third date. You're welcome :)
    How I choose to feel is how I am
    If she's playing games with things like not calling back... RUN DON'T WALK away! Stuff like that never gets better. Big, big red flag.

I agree with the advise to stay away from the dating sites.

How about finding a buddy and going on a double date? It might take some of the pressure off you.