Options

***** VANCOUVER 10C ROLL CALL *****

Comments

• Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 384
    BabaLover wrote:
    I'll be there. Newer member so won't have the pick of seats but it's my first PJ concert so I'm very excited. Never been to Vancouver so looking forward to that. I'll be there at least for a few days. Anyone recommend things to do in the area?

461XXX

Dennis

There is a thread started with some suggestions in the Given to Fly forum. It's a good year to visit Vancouver, we got all gussied up last year for the Olympics so we're very tourist friendly... and we'll all still be on a high from the Canucks winning the Stanley Cup in the next few weeks!
  • Options
    Also, for people flying between AB and BC (and other places): Westjet is having a seat sale right now. $104 Vancouver to Calgary, for example.
  • Options
    3rd Vancouver show from Seattle. Shark Club pre-funk? 457***
    BC69
  • Options
    GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    edited May 2011
    Count GratefulJam in first canadian show...aaaah

365xxx
    Post edited by GratefulJam on
    "thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • Options
    zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    juliefer wrote:
    Also, for people flying between AB and BC (and other places): Westjet is having a seat sale right now. $104 Vancouver to Calgary, for example.

Thanks for that! Scored a cheaper EDM-VAN flight than I was planning on!

-Dennis
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I'll be there! :D
    57,XXX
  • Options
    righteousbaberighteousbabe Posts: 662
    I will be there, 357xxx.
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    BabaLover wrote:
    I'll be there. Newer member so won't have the pick of seats but it's my first PJ concert so I'm very excited. Never been to Vancouver so looking forward to that. I'll be there at least for a few days. Anyone recommend things to do in the area?

461XXX

Dennis
    Stanley Park and Granville Island are great.
    Like the other poster said, Commercial drive is a great place too. It's far better than Granville street, imo, a better crowd in general. There's a place called Havanas (i think?) that has pitchers of mojitos and margaritas that are great.
    Robson is the shopping street and there is a really great sushi place off it and Thurlow called Aki.
    There's also North Vancouver, where you can head up to the Capilano Suspension bridge (although CRAZY over priced) and also the Quay is cool too.

you can check out this site for ideas : http://www.hellobc.com/en-CA/SightsActi ... ntains.htm
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    juliefer wrote:
    BabaLover wrote:

461XXX

Dennis

There is a thread started with some suggestions in the Given to Fly forum. It's a good year to visit Vancouver, we got all gussied up last year for the Olympics so we're very tourist friendly... and we'll all still be on a high from the Canucks winning the Stanley Cup in the next few weeks!
    ** like **

:D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    can someone direct me to a clean, decently priced hotel nearby?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I think the only hotel within walking distance of the venue is this:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver‎
    2889 East Hastings Street
    Vancouver, BC V5K 2A1
    (604) 254-1000
    hiexpress.com‎

It's probably fine, but if you're coming to town for more than just the show, you'd be better off downtown.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    edited May 2011
    can someone direct me to a clean, decently priced hotel nearby?
    I wouldn't worry about how near you are. Transit's pretty easy, and going a bit outside of downtown can save big bucks.

There are pretty nice hostels downtown, if you're travelling cheap-cheap. Davie St.
    Post edited by Lone Drawn Meteor on
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    vedhead23vedhead23 Posts: 18
    I'll be there! :D

176xxx
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    212xxx

Go Canucks! :twisted:

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    Just bought a ticket through public sale just in case I can make the show.
    I like the security of a for sure ticket. Couldn't get tenclub tickets because if I can't make it they are lost.
    So I'll be watching the pit from up top this show. First time in upper bowl for pearl jam should be a wild experience I hope.
  • Options
    good point. there's a few places that are a bus ride away, and cheaper than downtown.
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 76818&z=14

Anything on Hastings that's east of say, Nanaimo st, would be good. Don't go west of that though! Pretty seedy.
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I debated getting tickets - then remembered Vancouver in '05. Best version of Alive I've ever heard. So I'll be there. Can't wait.
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    count me in: monkeewrench - 77xxx.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,142
    juliefer wrote:
    good point. there's a few places that are a bus ride away, and cheaper than downtown.
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 76818&z=14

Anything on Hastings that's east of say, Nanaimo st, would be good. Don't go west of that though! Pretty seedy.

Whats everybody hatin on hastings n main Hawkshore has some of his his best earnin gals working that hood 8-)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    223xxx coming from Virginia
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    gar mcmichaelgar mcmichael Posts: 184
    144xxx flying in from San Diego
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    Enkidu wrote:
    I debated getting tickets - then remembered Vancouver in '05. Best version of Alive I've ever heard. So I'll be there. Can't wait.

You're not kidding! McCready in combination with the crazy crowd blew my fucking woolies and sandals right off my feet. Inspired me to draw this for the 10c comic contest. Best version of Alive - EVER.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4750816335_b97a57cdea_b.jpg
    4750816335_b97a57cdea_m.jpg
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    zolsticezolstice Posts: 60
    zolstice 164xxx
    Minneapolis : 06/30/1998 - Chicago : 10/09/2000 - Vancouver : 05/30/2003 - Fargo : 06/15/2003 - Winnipeg : 09/08/2005 - Thunder Bay : 09/09/2005 - St. Paul : 06/26/2006 - Chicago : 08/23/2009 - Chicago : 08/24/2009
  • Options
    MM60807MM60807 Posts: 21
    I'll be there #200xxx. Should be a fantastic weekend.
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    edited August 2011
    hell_man_made with my 10c buddy nastasja
    166XXX
    Post edited by hell_man_made on
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    I'm shocked that there are still tickets available right now. In the upper levels but not too terrible. I really thought this was going to be an instant sell out based on the last two amazing shows here.
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    I'll be there 237*** Can't wait!

I checked my ticketbasturd conformation page and its shows row and seat #'s. Are they legit or Bullshit?
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    cuyler41 wrote:

I checked my ticketbasturd conformation page and its shows row and seat #'s. Are they legit or Bullshit?
    I'm guessing BS.
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    cuyler41 wrote:

I'm guessing BS.

yah you're prolly right, but i hope not. :D
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,225
    164xxx. Coming in from Victoria.

As per the person with the rows seat #'s. Maybe there interpretting the GA info in correctly. IE GA1 seat 15 kinda thing. Where it lists it, but it doesn't mean anything?