Options

***** VANCOUVER 10C ROLL CALL *****

Comments

• Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Member 4691xx :roll:
    (sadly, you will all have better seats than me, having allowed my previous number to expire...)

The Coliseum is good, smaller, for sure better sound than BC Place, better atmosphere than the former GM Place - though yes, GM is far more convenient to downtown.

Everything has better sound then BC Place.

This is true, the first time I saw PJ was at BC Place, with Blind Melon and Neil Young. I remember we had no idea that it was Blind Melon on stage because the sound was so bad we couldn't recognize any of the songs. Though my firm is renovating Stadium and putting the new roof on, once it's done the sound will be (somewhat) better and the atmosphere will be really cool.

It will be way better with the renos/new roof.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    JoelInNoCalJoelInNoCal Posts: 186
    wolfbear wrote:
    I am going too.... 436XXX :)

I do have a dilemma though. In my concern that there would be a problem with the 10c pre-sale again, I went ahead and hedged my bets and bought some tickets from the radio pre-sale, just in case. Of course, the 10c pre-sale with TM went 110% smoothly (it was GREAT!) and now I have two sets of tickets to the same show. (Actually I bought a single to the show as well -- so I have 5 tickets now). There is a 50/50 chance I may be going myself to this concert. But I could also possibly scrounge more than 2 to go too. However, if I were to sell some tickets (at cost or just below -- no profit), how would you work it? Here is my situation:

1 ticket - Section Y, Row 7
    2 tickets - Section A, Row 15
    2 tickets - Unknown via 10c

Are my Section Y and/or Section A good seats -- good enough to keep them over the 10c tickets? Or will my 10c most likely be better?

10c usually are the best seats, however, there are exceptions. Not knowing the venue that well I can't say. I can say you won't have any trouble selling any extras you may have. The preparty put on by the Wishlist Foundation is a great place to do that. :)

Thanks! The known ticket seats from the radio pre-sale are all in the lower bowl, pretty much directly facing the stage. I just didn't know how far back those sections were... i.e., will I need binoculars to see PJ 8-)

I have never been to a Wishlist Foundation event. To be honest, I am not really sure what those entail. Sounds pretty cool though. People sell extra tickets there (among other items)??
    Raleigh, 8/18/1992 (Lollapalooza)
    Sacramento, 7/16/1998
    San Francisco, 7/18/2006
    Oakland, 7/11/2011 (Eddie Vedder)
    Vancouver, BC, 9/25/2011
    Oakland, 10/26/2013
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I'll be there. :mrgreen:

124xxx
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    Sooooo stoked, 327xxx
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 385
    I'll be there! 176xxx

That's where I saw Pearl Jam for the first time in 1998. It's a much more relaxed venue than Rogers Arena, a fun place to see shows.
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    edited May 2011
    437xxx :D

Still going from Seattle! I am just happy I got Ten Club tickets. This is actually my first time getting tickets through the Ten Club (not counting EV solo show in July). What should I expect?
    Post edited by thefin190 on
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    shine79shine79 Posts: 49
    I'm in! And looking forward to (hopefully) meeting everyone!
    06.19.98 Vancouver | 11.06.00 Seattle | 05.30.03 Vancouver | 09.25.09 Vancouver
  • Options
    WebeleafWebeleaf Posts: 34
    First PJ show for me was at Pac. Col. many moons ago. Great arena, ceiling is cool.

Not much in the area for bars, restaurants. Best to hit bars to East of Arena or west on Commercial drive or Hastings.

Going to be great!!!!
    Bob's Your Uncle
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    Oh haiiiiii.
    362xxx.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    Webeleaf wrote:
    First PJ show for me was at Pac. Col. many moons ago. Great arena, ceiling is cool.

Not much in the area for bars, restaurants. Best to hit bars to East of Arena or west on Commercial drive or Hastings.

Going to be great!!!!
    Pre-Party at Hastings and Main? 8-)
  • Options
    csblake111csblake111 Posts: 147
    314xxx
    Santa Barbara, Seattle and Vancouver for me this year. Can't wait.

Looks like we are going to the same shows! I'll also be in Oakland. :)
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    wolfbear wrote:
    I am going too.... 436XXX :)

I do have a dilemma though. In my concern that there would be a problem with the 10c pre-sale again, I went ahead and hedged my bets and bought some tickets from the radio pre-sale, just in case. Of course, the 10c pre-sale with TM went 110% smoothly (it was GREAT!) and now I have two sets of tickets to the same show. (Actually I bought a single to the show as well -- so I have 5 tickets now). There is a 50/50 chance I may be going myself to this concert. But I could also possibly scrounge more than 2 to go too. However, if I were to sell some tickets (at cost or just below -- no profit), how would you work it? Here is my situation:

1 ticket - Section Y, Row 7
    2 tickets - Section A, Row 15
    2 tickets - Unknown via 10c

Are my Section Y and/or Section A good seats -- good enough to keep them over the 10c tickets? Or will my 10c most likely be better?

10c usually are the best seats, however, there are exceptions. Not knowing the venue that well I can't say. I can say you won't have any trouble selling any extras you may have. The preparty put on by the Wishlist Foundation is a great place to do that. :)

Thanks! The known ticket seats from the radio pre-sale are all in the lower bowl, pretty much directly facing the stage. I just didn't know how far back those sections were... i.e., will I need binoculars to see PJ 8-)

I have never been to a Wishlist Foundation event. To be honest, I am not really sure what those entail. Sounds pretty cool though. People sell extra tickets there (among other items)??
    Yep, they are very cool. There is always a list of people wanting tix and needing tix. :) For sure check go to the Wishlist preparty as it's so much fun and you meet lots of great PJ fans! :
    Check out the website. http://wishlistfoundation.org/
    Hope to see you!
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    rob1453rob1453 Posts: 9
    Really stoked for this! Never been to the Pacific Northwest before! Current plan is to visit Seattle for a couple days and then drive up north.

437XXX
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Count me in.
    45XXX
  • Options
    Okum wrote:
    Count me in.
    45XXX
    :D
    You coming down for any of the games this round??
  • Options
    RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    See you there!
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • Options
    gpudgpud Vernon, BC, Canada Posts: 12
    I'm coming down from Whitehorse, via Edmonton for the Friday night show.

Go Bolts/Bruins!

g
  • Options
    gpud wrote:
    I'm coming down from Whitehorse, via Edmonton for the Friday night show.

Go Bolts/Bruins!

g
    Ew, I really will drop you off at Hastings and Main if you keep talking like that.
    NOT WELCOME!
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    For any other Seattle people traveling up north, whats your plans for boarding up? I just noticed that it was a Sunday night. Now I face a dilemma, do I drive back in the middle of the night after the concert and make it into work, or do I stay in Vancouver for the night and take the next day off work? I am also considering staying with a friend in Bellingham for the night as well.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    469xxx IN!

It will be my first time in Vancouver. We will be there Sat. and Sun. Should I stay close to the venue or downtown? Keep me posted on the prefunc. My buddy says I should go to Cecil's.
  • Options
    Ezo5000 wrote:
    469xxx IN!

It will be my first time in Vancouver. We will be there Sat. and Sun. Should I stay close to the venue or downtown? Keep me posted on the prefunc. My buddy says I should go to Cecil's.
    Well the venue is a little bit more out of the way than Rogers Arena but its still one bus route from downtown. Not that hard to get to if you stay downtown, and actually the dt core is pretty small comparatively...
    There is a hotel right beside the venue too.
  • Options
    GemJellyGemJelly Posts: 29
    Gemjelly. 115xxx
  • Options
    OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    haffajappa wrote:
    Okum wrote:
    Count me in.
    45XXX
    :D
    You coming down for any of the games this round??

I hope so, trying to figure things out with work
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    224XXX

Coming from NYC first time in Vancouver
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    Good list going! First page is all updated.

I am from Minneapolis so I'll be getting a hotel room somewhere. If anyone is looking for a male roomie for Sat and/or Sun, let me know. Also will have an extra 10C ticket available for cash (face-value of course) or barter for room cost. Or something. PM and we can work out the deets.

-Dennis
  • Options
    BabaLoverBabaLover Posts: 453
    I'll be there. Newer member so won't have the pick of seats but it's my first PJ concert so I'm very excited. Never been to Vancouver so looking forward to that. I'll be there at least for a few days. Anyone recommend things to do in the area?

461XXX

Dennis
    To and fro the pendulum throws

"Don't Worry, Be Happy." Avatar Meher Baba

7/12/11 - EV Oakland 2, 10/22/11 - EV Bridge School
    9/25/11 Vancouver, 11/26/13 - Oakland, 11/7/15 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    edited May 2011
    If you are travelling to Vancouver for the show stay downtown. It's really compact and most areas of interest are within walking distance: Gastown, Robson Street, Stanley Park, Chinatown, Granville Island, beaches, etc.
    Pacific Coliseum is east of downtown in neighborhood near the PNE. Not much to do over there so stay downtown and make your way to the show. A taxi would probably cost about $15-20 bucks and a bus would take about 20 minutes. Transportation after the show can be a bit of a nightmare as taxies are all full and the lines for buses are long. If you have a rental car drive for sure and park in the surrounding neighborhood, just watch for permit only parking signs!

Outside downtown some cool areas to visit would be Main street between 10th and 30th. Has 2 excellent record stores: Neptoon and Red Cat Records.
    Also Commercial Drive. Lots of hip little stores and restaurants. Some cool little record shops here as well.
    Kitsilano on 4th street is a little more commercial and foo-foo but a nice area and just a few blocks up the hill from Kits Beach. Zulu Records is there which is amazing.
    Post edited by halv on
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Coming from Los Angeles for this one. Did the same in 05 and it was one of the better shows i've been to

89xxx
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 79
    Rolling up from Seattle. Sweeeet!

90xxx
  • Options
    wigoutdcpwigoutdcp Posts: 273
    173### wigoutdcp
    for my 56th show, first in Canada.
    ?? shows and counting....GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD