Options

***** VANCOUVER 10C ROLL CALL *****

Comments

• Options
    201xxx Driving up from California with my 17yr old. We missed the 2009 show so I promised her I'd take her to the next Vancouver show.. looking forward to it. :D
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    just noticed that the holiday inn on east hastings is now the ramada vancouver exhibition park
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    hell_man_madehell_man_made Toronto Posts: 318
    faithful4u wrote:
    201xxx Driving up from California with my 17yr old. We missed the 2009 show so I promised her I'd take her to the next Vancouver show.. looking forward to it. :D

cool! i wish my 17 year old was a pj fan! she likes that "pop" crap... :( :x :oops:
    Vancouver 1998, Seattle 2000, Seattle 2002, Vancouver 2003, Vancouver 2005, The Gorge 2006, Seattle 2 2009, Vancouver 2009, Ridgefield/Portland 2009, PJ20, Saskatoon 2011, Vancouver 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Chicago/Wrigley August 2016

Ed: Seattle 1 & 2 2011, Bridge School 2011
  • Options
    Section GA Row GA3 Seats 93 - 94[/quote]

Means nothing. What is Row General Admission 3, you should be asking yourself.[/quote]

Easy, means Row 3 of GA on the floor. Like it was last time in Vancouver. If each row holds 40 peeople (20 per side), then we would be on the right hand side, row 3.

I don't buy that it means nothing, but not saying I am 100% right.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,235
    Easy, means Row 3 of GA on the floor. Like it was last time in Vancouver. If each row holds 40 peeople (20 per side), then we would be on the right hand side, row 3.

there are no rows for ga. If it was seated floor then it would actually say Floor. Row 3. Seat whatever.

Whenever concerts are GA they used the ticketing method of GA1, GA2, etc... I think its just their internal method of keep track of how many GA ticket they sell, nothing more. I'm guessing they're all listed as GA, so the 10c can allocate them later.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118

It means nothing. 10C said that seniority was still in effect for the tickets and I doubt that ticketsmaster would have that information. Besides, it says for me row 2 and my numbers is somewhere around 400,000. I highly doubt that ticketsmaster decided that I would win the lottery.
  • Options
    CH175013CH175013 Posts: 8
    I have two tickets available for face value purchased from radio pre-sale...Scored 10c tix so no longer need these. PM if interested.
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    pj72 wrote:
    faithful4u wrote:

cool! i wish my 17 year old was a pj fan! she likes that "pop" crap... :( :x :oops:

This makes me feel young. I'm just 22 and going to the Vancouver show with my brother who will be 24. Sometimes I do feel old, listening to Pearl Jam while most of the kids are either into really indie stuff or the "pop" crap.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    thefin190 wrote:
    This makes me feel young. I'm just 22 and going to the Vancouver show with my brother who will be 24. Sometimes I do feel old, listening to Pearl Jam while most of the kids are either into really indie stuff or the "pop" crap.
    Yeah... or when people tell us we're not worthy because we didnt sign up to the tenclub at the age of 3! :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    nothingman4nothingman4 Posts: 794
    haffajappa wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:
    Yeah... or when people tell us we're not worthy because we didnt sign up to the tenclub at the age of 3! :lol:
    Amen!
    2005:Calgary, Edmonton
    2008:Bonnaroo
    2009:Virgin Fest Calgary, Outside Lands
    2010:Boston, MSG1, MSG2
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    Tremor ChrisTremor Chris Posts: 231
    Answering the roll call!!!
    444XXX
    Bring it on!!!
  • Options
    AR41719AR41719 Posts: 5
    180XXX

Will be here before you know it...
  • Options
    thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    haffajappa wrote:
    thefin190 wrote:
    Amen!
    I'm glad that I will see more 20-something year olds at the Vancouver show!
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    I'm driving up from Tacoma.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    Amen!
    Yeppers :)
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    LAST SHOW OF THE TOUR. Should be a riot!… oh. wait.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    LAST SHOW OF THE TOUR. Should be a riot!… oh. wait.

:lol::lol::lol: Okay, that was kinda funny :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    The price was right so now I can say... flight booked!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    Amen!
    :thumbup:
    2011:EV Seattle (x2), PJ20(x2), Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver

"You are the luckiest fan in the board having heard oceans, release and hard to imagine three shows in a row!!"
  • Options
    20-somethings unite ♥

...although last time 20-somethings united in vancouver bad things happened....
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:
    20-somethings unite ♥

...although last time 20-somethings united in vancouver bad things happened....
    Haha. Touche. Im calling that there is a record amount of songs from Riot Act played

• Options
    I don't want to create a thread, so let's go:

I'm planning to go to Pacific Coliseum, but I don't have tickets.

I saw some good offer on ebay...can I trust to buy it from there?

Can you help about some good places to visit in Vancouver/Seattle? I'll go alone, so I want to make some friends before I get there. Feel free to send me PM ;)

Right now I'm waiting for my visa (I have to get canadian and american), so I'm a little anxious about it.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
  • Options

Can you help about some good places to visit in Vancouver/Seattle? I'll go alone, so I want to make some friends before I get there. Feel free to send me PM ;)

Right now I'm waiting for my visa (I have to get canadian and american), so I'm a little anxious about it.

I have an extra pair of hard copy ticketmaster tickets to this show if you're interested. Face value.

• Options

Ooh where are you coming from?
    Vancouver is a tourist city there's lots of stuff to do, just depending on what you're interested in.
  • Options
    haffajappa wrote:

Ooh where are you coming from?
    Vancouver is a tourist city there's lots of stuff to do, just depending on what you're interested in.
    I'm coming from Brazil.

I would like to visit museums, good/cheap restaurants and pubs, the better place for cycling, better places for shopping, and outdoor activities (like going to the beach, mountains, etc).

I'm looking through this site:
    http://www.tourismvancouver.com

But it's good to know what is the better option or other places from a native perspective. If you have some advice, please let me know. Thanks! =)
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    pj72 wrote:
    just noticed that the holiday inn on east hastings is now the ramada vancouver exhibition park
    Huh? What do you mean?
  • Options
    guitar59 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Are liquor stores open on Sunday in Canada? That is the only place to buy beer, right? I remember not being able to buy beer up there in convenient stores.
    There are private cold beer stores open on Sunday...but not late... the BC Government Stores are not open Sunday......Alberta stores are all private and open until late on Sunday...not all of Canada is closed on the Sabbath...but thanks for reminding me to stock up on Saturday when we arrive in BC. Do not go to 7-11 or the grocery store to buy beer...they do not have it...
    Do you know if the Hastings Liquor Store on E. Hastings is a government ran store? If it is, where are the cold beer stores in Vancouver?
  • Options
    I'm coming from Brazil.

I would like to visit museums, good/cheap restaurants and pubs, the better place for cycling, better places for shopping, and outdoor activities (like going to the beach, mountains, etc).

I'm looking through this site:
    http://www.tourismvancouver.com

But it's good to know what is the better option or other places from a native perspective. If you have some advice, please let me know. Thanks! =)
    Oh wow, Brazil! Seems so far away and exotic :D
    I'd say Vancouver is a pretty cycle friendly city - the mayor pissed off lots of drivers by closing down lanes making them specifically for cycling hahaha... tourismvancouver.com is good and hellobc.com is good too.

You probably will hit up Stanley Park its a staple for tourists and residents especially if you like biking you can do a nice spin around the seawall.

I'm not really from downtown so I'm no expert but I usually bring people to Gastown, Granville Island, Stanley Park, etc. when family/friends visit. Depending on how long you are planning to visit you can probably rent a canoe/kayak or go whale watching too. Also Vancouver Island is beautiful, the ferry ride alone is worth it on a nice day. Just depends on what you like to do and how much time you have.
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Tboz51 +1
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    pj72 wrote:
    The Ramada Vancouver Exhibition Park is at 3475 E Hastings St. The Holiday Inn Express is at 2889 E Hastings St. Two different locations.