Options

Lance Armstrong doping ?

Comments

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    polaris_x wrote:
    Armstrong attorney Mark Fabiani responded to a request for comment from the Chronicle via email: “The rules are clear to everyone but USADA: You either pass a drug test, or you fail it… There is no in between. Lance Armstrong has passed every test ever given to him, including every test administered during the 2009 Tour de France.”

This guy never quits does he? I guess Lance is getting his money's worth.

This is funny. It is a jab at Phil Liggett's non-stop defense of Lance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXAp6Zik1KU
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lance's statement ...

“today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities.”

sooo ... in the face of overwhelming evidence, in the light of your trusted teammates who have spoken the truth ... this man cowers behind an ailment that pretty much everyone has been touched by ... the opportunity will always be there for him to finally show an ounce of integrity and come clean but with every defiant statement - he sinks lower and lower not only as a cyclist but as a human being ...
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    All these people in cycling are a bunch of hypocrites...how much $$$$ did cycling, the tv networks, his teammates, cyclist from the sport in a whole make on the back of Armstrong...and even now how much money is going to made on the back of Armstrong...its even funnier in north america...it wouldn't be a stretch to say 95% of the people didn't give a shit about cycling before Armstrong and then nobody gave a shit after he retired...now that he's retired they are still trying to make $$$$ off him and will.

if they investigate that sport from from top to bottom when he was cycling they'd probably wouldn't find to many clean cyclist...and I highly doubt its a very clean sport even today...dopers will always be 1 step ahead of testers...hell most sports probably aren't clean then...too much $$$$ involved.

So once all this Armstrong goes away and people aren't making money off him...cycling will be the nothing sport it is in north america...and they'll be be dreaming and hoping another armstrong comes along.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lance's statement ...

“today I turn the page. I will no longer address this issue, regardless of the circumstances. I will commit myself to the work I began before ever winning a single Tour de France title: serving people and families affected by cancer, especially those in underserved communities.”

sooo ... in the face of overwhelming evidence, in the light of your trusted teammates who have spoken the truth ... this man cowers behind an ailment that pretty much everyone has been touched by ... the opportunity will always be there for him to finally show an ounce of integrity and come clean but with every defiant statement - he sinks lower and lower not only as a cyclist but as a human being ...

Wielding the cancer shield - how low can you go... He is one obstinate human. But I've read some opinions that say, for money purposes, he can't confess. He would have to pay back money to some organizations, not to mention there is the perjury aspect. So I'm sure his attorneys are telling him to not confess. But still sad. He could still retain some dignity and respect (maybe a little) if he would come clean.
  • Options

that's class right there ...

as for phil - nbc universal sports should fire him ... what a disgrace ... part of the omerta ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    All these people in cycling are a bunch of hypocrites...how much $$$$ did cycling, the tv networks, his teammates, cyclist from the sport in a whole make on the back of Armstrong...and even now how much money is going to made on the back of Armstrong...its even funnier in north america...it wouldn't be a stretch to say 95% of the people didn't give a shit about cycling before Armstrong and then nobody gave a shit after he retired...now that he's retired they are still trying to make $$$$ off him and will.

if they investigate that sport from from top to bottom when he was cycling they'd probably wouldn't find to many clean cyclist...and I highly doubt its a very clean sport even today...dopers will always be 1 step ahead of testers...hell most sports probably aren't clean then...too much $$$$ involved.

So once all this Armstrong goes away and people aren't making money off him...cycling will be the nothing sport it is in north america...and they'll be be dreaming and hoping another armstrong comes along.

you clearly do not understand the sport of cycling ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Maybe you should read the report before commenting.
  • Options
    Wielding the cancer shield - how low can you go... He is one obstinate human. But I've read some opinions that say, for money purposes, he can't confess. He would have to pay back money to some organizations, not to mention there is the perjury aspect. So I'm sure his attorneys are telling him to not confess. But still sad. He could still retain some dignity and respect (maybe a little) if he would come clean.

yeah ... he's spent the fortune he made doing 1 of 3 things ... 1. trying to destroy the lives of those who stood up to him; 2. promoting himself and his narcissistic personality and 3. fighting the truth ...

just like jerry sandusky - he's chosen the low road ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

you clearly do not understand the sport of cycling ...

maybe not...but I know the sport as a whole made a fortune off Armstrong and the sport and people iinvolved with the sport are clearly going to make a lot of $$$$ off him. I do know this when this is all over and Armstrong is no longer talked about this sport will be hoping another personality like his comes along...because this sport clearly will not sell in NA without someone like Armstrong.

not knowing much about cycling is fine, I'll rank that right up there with knowing very little about soccer or basketball or understanding the pussified rules of international hockey.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

Maybe you should read the report before commenting.

if it ain't about money...then why didn't they investigate the sport from top to bottom during his seven year run?

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    if it ain't about money...then why didn't they investigate the sport from top to bottom during his seven year run?

because at the time - the UCI policed itself before WADA took over ... it took police probes and investigations for them to even admit there was doping ... ultimately, the UCI is complicit in this entire fiasco and they right now have taken over from lance as being the obstruction to clean cycling ...

as for the USADA - they didn't investigate originally because they weren't around in the late 90's and it wasn't there mandate ... it became their mandate when the US signed onto the UNESCO Doping treaty which didn't get ratified until like 2007 ...
  • Options
  • Options

thanks ... will read it this weekend ...
  • Options
    it's all about the money...people were making fistfuls of cash when Armstrong was in his prime and now they all want to cash in one more time...and they will.

and what will be interesting to see is who if anybody they award the tour titles to from the lance years.

I believe the USADA began operation in October 2001 which means they could have investigated him thoroughly then...but I've already stated my opinion on the whole matter.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    it's all about the money...people were making fistfuls of cash when Armstrong was in his prime and now they all want to cash in one more time...and they will.

and what will be interesting to see is who if anybody they award the tour titles to from the lance years.

I believe the USADA began operation in October 2001 which means they could have investigated him thoroughly then...but I've already stated my opinion on the whole matter.

are you talking about his former teammates? ... so, in your opinion - it's all about these folks writing books and going on oprah!? ... good grief man ... there isn't much to say here as your lack of understanding of the sport and the case is severely impacting your viewpoint ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

are you talking about his former teammates? ... so, in your opinion - it's all about these folks writing books and going on oprah!? ... good grief man ... there isn't much to say here as your lack of understanding of the sport and the case is severely impacting your viewpoint ...

The whole sport made money off Armstrong when he was winning titles...now a whole bunch of people are going to make $$$$ money off him by writing books and doing the talk show circuit...like I said hypocrites...their not moral people, some of them got caught, their careers are over, lets write a book about Armstrong, make more money off him ... if they were moral they would have come forward testified and not profit in any way from their testimony (and proved they had no monetary gain). THEY ARE HYPOCRITES!!!

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The whole sport made money off Armstrong when he was winning titles...now a whole bunch of people are going to make $$$$ money off him by writing books and doing the talk show circuit...like I said hypocrites...their not moral people, some of them got caught, their careers are over, lets write a book about Armstrong, make more money off him ... if they were moral they would have come forward testified and not profit in any way from their testimony (and proved they had no monetary gain). THEY ARE HYPOCRITES!!!

ok ... i get it ... you still wear the wristband ... :lol::lol:

seriously, it sounds like you aren't really interested in the details of this case nor the former or current state of cycling ... it's too bad that you have been sucked into the myth that is the lance armstrong brand ... because the reality is that you are defending someone who ranks pretty low in "morality" and "class" ... i won't bother trying to explain what his foundation really does because its pretty clear - you don't care ...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Greatest Cyclist Ever!

party0006.gif
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    So Hincapie admitted to doping:

http://news.yahoo.com/armstrong-lieutenant-hincapie-admits-doping-170101406--spt.html

I think this is good to see, even though he's retired now. Sure beats the old routine of guy gets caught, guy goes through several months/years of denials, guy finally confesses. I was never a big fan of Hincapie. Always seemed real bland and his wheel-sucking TDF stage win wasn't anything to write my grandma about. To me he has more credibility than Hamilton, Landis, et al.

I wonder why no Radio Shack teammates are on the list?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

ok ... i get it ... you still wear the wristband ... :lol::lol:

seriously, it sounds like you aren't really interested in the details of this case nor the former or current state of cycling ... it's too bad that you have been sucked into the myth that is the lance armstrong brand ... because the reality is that you are defending someone who ranks pretty low in "morality" and "class" ... i won't bother trying to explain what his foundation really does because its pretty clear - you don't care ...

The details of this case is money...IMO.

• Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/armstrong-lieutenant-hincapie-admits-doping-170101406--spt.html

I think this is good to see, even though he's retired now. Sure beats the old routine of guy gets caught, guy goes through several months/years of denials, guy finally confesses. I was never a big fan of Hincapie. Always seemed real bland and his wheel-sucking TDF stage win wasn't anything to write my grandma about. To me he has more credibility than Hamilton, Landis, et al.

hincapie pretty much admitted to doping when he returned his gold medal to the USADA ...

radioshack is still managed by bruyneel ... they are part of that omerta ... not sure what armstrong said or did to horner to make him a lackey but i lost some respect for that guy ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

it's great you came to a conclusion without reading the case or understanding cycling! ... :roll:
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,733
    polaris_x wrote:
    Go Beavers wrote:

hincapie pretty much admitted to doping when he returned his gold medal to the USADA ...

radioshack is still managed by bruyneel ... they are part of that omerta ... not sure what armstrong said or did to horner to make him a lackey but i lost some respect for that guy ...

Do you think Armstrong was doping while on Radioshack?
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

it's great you came to a conclusion without reading the case or understanding cycling! ... :roll:

All about the $$$$...IMO. So now the sport can go back to being irrelevant in this part of the world.

• Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Do you think Armstrong was doping while on Radioshack?

i highly doubt it ...
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    All about the $$$$...IMO. So now the sport can go back to being irrelevant in this part of the world.

it's actually growing in this part of the world ... from the tour of california to the us pro cycling challenge to the grand prix events in quebec ...

just because lance isn't around anymore doesn't mean this sport hasn't grown ... they showed the vuelta live on sportsnet without a canadian even racing in it ...

again - you're not a cycling fan ... maybe you're a lance fan ... the sport is growing and it's better than ever ... it's unfortunate your jaded views on this aren't based on anything related to the sport but that's how it goes i guess ...

i honestly can't wait for the 2013 grand tour season ... the giro route looks awesome where hopefully hesjedal can repeat and if the rumours are right about he 100th tour de france finishing on alpe d'huez are true - it's gonna be beyond amazing ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

it's actually growing in this part of the world ... from the tour of california to the us pro cycling challenge to the grand prix events in quebec ...

just because lance isn't around anymore doesn't mean this sport hasn't grown ... they showed the vuelta live on sportsnet without a canadian even racing in it ...

again - you're not a cycling fan ... maybe you're a lance fan ... the sport is growing and it's better than ever ... it's unfortunate your jaded views on this aren't based on anything related to the sport but that's how it goes i guess ...

i honestly can't wait for the 2013 grand tour season ... the giro route looks awesome where hopefully hesjedal can repeat and if the rumours are right about he 100th tour de france finishing on alpe d'huez are true - it's gonna be beyond amazing ...

My views wouldn't be jaded if they actually conducted a proper investigation of Armstrong during his title years...but obviously if they did and if they caught him early enough it would have cost the sport and people associated with him mega $$$$. Now these former cyclist want one final big paycheck and all hope to land a book deal...HYPOCRITES.

Wouldn't call being on sportsnet or tsn a major accomplishment since both these networks shows darts and poker as time fillers.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

My views wouldn't be jaded if they actually conducted a proper investigation of Armstrong during his title years...but obviously if they did and if they caught him early enough it would have cost the sport and people associated with him mega $$$$. Now these former cyclist want one final big paycheck and all hope to land a book deal...HYPOCRITES.

Wouldn't call being on sportsnet or tsn a major accomplishment since both these networks shows darts and poker as time fillers.

Do you understand that the "prosecutor" in this case is NOT a person that made money from Lance? Do you understand that the people that made money from Lance DID NOT want him prosecuted, and that many lied to protect him? So who is the hypocrite? Using your logic, a district attorney who prosecutes a mob boss years after the mob boss has made millions of dollars for himself, his gangster employees, his family, his gardener, his contractor, etc. is a hypocrite because he didn't/couldn't prosecute the mob boss when he was at the "zenith" of his career. And he is a hypocrite if he did not make any money from the mob boss, or in this case, Lance. Please explain.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

this is why you actually should read the case before commenting ... :fp:

the UCI was responsible for drug testing back then ... of course, they had everything to gain from lance not testing positive ... so, they were complicit ... i have said it throughout this thread ... the UCI needs to have a truth and reconciliation commission and they need to own up to their part in this fraud ...

but the reality is now - the cyclists that have come forward may have ulterior motives but it doesn't change the facts of the case ...

lance armstrong doped to win his 7 tdf titles
    lance armstrong bullied and established a code of silence (omerta) in pro cycling
    lance armsrtong is a liar
    lance armstrong is a fraud
    lance armstrong has the moral fortitude of a turd