Options

Ten Club Announces Alpine Valley & Canada Tour UPDATED 5/17

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,313
    Leeze wrote:
    So I'm in London at the moment, waiting for the QOTSA gig tomorrow and what did I hear a few hours ago via sms by two lovely fellow tenclubbers? The announcement has been made and oh wow what an announcement! I was in the middle of a shopping binge and couldn't stop smiling since then.

Thank you Pearl Jam for pimping my US vacation :D See you there!
    8-) seeya on tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I wonder if they have tickets set aside for the travel packages.
    I guess no. One pool of seats.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    mfc2006 wrote:
    the decision is almost final.....looks like we're roadtripping from Texas! :D

:clap: Congrats! I'm still trying to round up some friends to come with. My wife doesn't think she wants to go :(
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,330
    Get_Right wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I wonder if they have tickets set aside for the travel packages.
    I guess no. One pool of seats.

they did for hawaii back in the day. all of the travel people sat together.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I am getting nervous. I really want to attend and will be crushed if I get shut out.
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    dougfloyd wrote:
    :clap: Congrats! I'm still trying to round up some friends to come with. My wife doesn't think she wants to go :(

Fellow Indianapolis area PJ fanatic here and I am definitely going!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    dougfloyd wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Fellow Indianapolis area PJ fanatic here and I am definitely going!

Thanks. Yep, I'm sure I can find plenty of fellow 10clubbers on here to go with just not sure the of the arrangements yet, waiting to hear back from a few friends. Might be a guys weekend if I leave my wife and daughter at home all weekend. They want me to take them to Disney that weekend instead :lol: I need to get things sorted out soon so I don't end up in the doghouse, lol.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    dougfloyd wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

thanks----we were going to go no matter what...just had to decide if we'd fly or drive. driving will save us a small fortune. ;)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Cheo RamirezCheo Ramirez Posts: 676
    Kevinman wrote:
    oooooooohhhh

its the offical alpine valley resort web...

this is real, little bit expensive but to nothing?
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    GD274660GD274660 Posts: 514
    Got my hotel reservations for Fri-Mon.

Just counting the time to Monday now. :)
    San Jose 10/93, San Francisco 6/95, San Jose 11/95, St Louis 4/03, Columbus 5/10, MSGII 5/21/2010, Alpine Valley 09/03/2011 and 09/04/2011
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    vant0037 wrote:
    For the record, I was on the lawn for Rage Against The Machine at Alpine Valley in 2007 and it was raining, muddy, and I was sick as hell. Not alcohol-related sick, but fucking snotty, sneezy, light-headed feverish sick. There was a douche bag piece of shit behind me in his fucking 10-sizes too big corduroy Jnco pants and ICP t-shirt with a fucking hemp necklace who kept jumping up and down, using my shoulder as balance and blowing his cigarette smoke all over us. I suffered through shitty Queens of the Stone Age. The parking was terrible. The traffic was worse. Beers were overpriced and the clothes I wore got wrecked (from slipping in the mud). Our drive back to the hotel was 90 minutes away and when we got there, not even the McDonald's was still open. We ate a vending machine dinner.

And you know what?

It was fucking awesome. I have no worries that PJ20 will be worth it, at least for those of us that can keep things in perspective.

So once again, if you don't like it, don't buy tickets. You'll be doing your fellow 10c members a favor. :)

I had a very similar experience at that show (minus the being sick part and the people behind me were douchebags instead of juggalos, but you get the idea) and I totally agree. Definitely one of my favorite shows of ALL time. It took us 5 hours to get there (normally a 2 hour drive or so), but I now refer to it as the Epic Ride to Rage. PJ20 is going to be incredible. ;)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mjperry24mjperry24 Posts: 23
    Kevinman wrote:
    oooooooohhhh

its the offical alpine valley resort web...

this is real, little bit expensive but to nothing?

We are an independently owned and operated site specializing in sales in the secondary market. We are not affiliated with any primary website, venue, or box office.

from the site.

It's not official.
  • Options
    I quite like the line-up but I don't think it's going to tempt me over the pond as great as it will be. I really would like to see QOSTA. I saw Joseph Arthur in Manchester a few weeks ago and got to meet him afterwards in the bar where he was signing bootlegs and merch. Got my picture taken with him and a friend who is a huge fan. I asked him what it was like performing with Eddie(WM3 benefit) and he said it was great. He didn't mention he was playing the festival though!

Enjoy to all those who are going! I'm going to check out flight prices for Canada :)
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Alpine is my church and I sing in the choir... hal-le-lu-jah!
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Kevinman wrote:

Could be tickets from Alpine season ticket holders...?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    mjperry24mjperry24 Posts: 23
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Kevinman wrote:

Could be tickets from Alpine season ticket holders...?

There are no tickets.

These secondary market places are purely speculative. They buy in huge blocks. If they overbuy demand, they will buy from someone else and resell. They buy under face and sell over face. It's no different from any other scalper, etc.

I'd advise anyone to NOT buy tickets from there.

If you look at their FAQ:

"
    The section and row are not the exact same as my order?

Many times we will upgrade customers to slightly better tickets if they become available shortly after the order. This is done as a perk to doing business with official-online-tickets.com "

^ In other words, they don't know what tickets they have yet, once they attempt to buy them, they'll let you know. Until then, they're just going to list unbelievably good seats.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,348
    Why isn't the ticketing process for the Canadian shows staggered ?

Now I assume that the Ten Club has considered all viable options relating to the 'smooth' distribution of 10 Club ticket pairs through their website. They've decided to open up all Canadian tickets at the same time for a reason....

- Just a suggestion ..... how about attaching a brief explanation to the Canadian Tour announcement post detailing why such a 'non-staggered' approach is being implemented. I think this may curb some of the angry posts relating to this issue. This is not an 'angry post', but rather a 'constructive' post.

I think most fan club members would just like to have a ticket-purchasing experience that does not end up taking hours whether they secure tickets or not.

* The Canadian Tour is great news. Thank you for your efforts, Ten Club.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    Canada tour...awesome.

One question though...what does it mean under the scheduled date list where it says 'all dates subject to change'???

I dont remeber ever seeing this witha tour announcement???

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    I highly doubt I'll attend these shows, too many responsibilities too push off for this. I was hoping for a couple US dates but us east coasters have been really spoiled over the years. I'm sure they will be great great nights and I hope everybody who tries for tickets gets them. Try to keep your composure monday morning....persistence pays off. And I gotta believe they will stagger the ticket sales a bit...a real shit storm would ensue if its a mess. Hopefully they have half the venue squared away for 10C tix, maybe more.

Good luck everyone, Have a great time planning!!

I JUST WANT BOOTLEGS!!!!!!
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    BF89905 wrote:
    Why isn't the ticketing process for the Canadian shows staggered ?
    My guess, so that people have to pick one show and go for it. In theory, more members get tickets that way.
    The servers are going to crash anyway. ;)
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 379
    Very excited to finally get the official word. I've been trying to arrange this trip for some time, but I've been too hesitant to book anything without confirmation. Sacrifices have to be made, but this is one show I do NOT want to miss this! I know it will prove worth it, I'm just hoping to get in on the ticket/package deal sale. Shitty 10C number aside, I'm willing to bet 10 Club tickets will be the best as far as location and price-wise.

I'm looking at this as the best Pearl Jam adventure to date. It's going to be AMAZINGGGG!
  • Options
    Hawk JamHawk Jam Melbourne, Australia Posts: 121
    This looks absolutely superb, makes it even more depressing to be missing out.
  • Options
    Rubysdad wrote:
    Ten Club Announces Alpine Valley and Canada Tour

In celebration of the band's twenty-year anniversary, Pearl Jam will host and headline a Labor Day weekend concert celebration at Alpine Valley Music Theatre in East Troy, WI, followed by a ten-date Canadian tour.

PRE-SALE INFO:
    You must be a currently active member as of Sunday, May 15th at 11:59 pm Pacific to qualify for both pre-sales. Sorry, registering and purchasing a membership now will not make you eligible for these tickets.

PJ20 WEEKEND PRE-SALE: Monday, May 23 10am - Tuesday, May 24 5pm Pacific (or until tickets are sold out)
    Date City Venue Pre-sale Date / Time
    3 - Sep East Troy Alpine Valley May 23 / 10:00am PDT
    4 - Sep East Troy Alpine Valley May 23 / 10:00am PDT

PJ20 WEEKEND TICKETS: It's going to be a big weekend. Here an outline of how it will work for Ten Club members:
    - Fan Club 2 day package tickets. Single day tickets will not be available through Ten Club.
    - Priority Fan Club reserved shed seats and 10c exclusive fenced off lawn area (one night reserved and one night general admission)
    - Exclusive access to Ten Club Park: Shaded grassy area with amenities
    - Various Travel Package options for our fans traveling far and wide to celebrate with us
    - Ten Club pre-sale for Expo Center passes
    And much much more....
    Please visit http://www.pj20.com for full details on PJ20 Fan Club tickets, special offers, current line up info, and all things PJ20!
    PJ CANADA TOUR: Tuesday May 24 10am - 5pm Pacific. (or until tickets are sold out)
    Date City Venue Pre-sale Date / Time
    7 - Sep Montreal Bell Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    11-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    12-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    14-Sep Ottawa Scotiabank Place May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    15-Sep Hamilton Copps Coliseum May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    17-Sep Winnipeg MTS Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    19-Sep Saskatoon Credit Union Center May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    21-Sep Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    23-Sep Edmonton Rexall Place May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    25-Sep Vancouver Pacific Coliseum May 24 / 10:00am PDT

* All dates subject to change
    CANADA TICKETS:
    -Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random lottery allocation.
    -Two tickets (1 pair) per member, per show. No single tickets. No group seating.
    NOTE: $2 from every ticket sold to Pearl Jam's Labor Day anniversary weekend concert and Canadian tour will be donated to Vitalogy Foundation, which grants funds to non-profit organizations chosen personally by the members of Pearl Jam.

TEN CLUB TICKETING POLICY:
    As with all Ten Club ticket orders, by placing an order for any tickets you are agreeing to the following terms.
    -Pre-sale tickets are first-come, first-serve, while supplies last, or until the end of the scheduled pre-sale. Whichever comes first.
    -Tickets will be distributed at will call on the evening of the performance. Only the registered Ten Club account owner will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.
    -The fan club member must collect the tickets in person with a valid photo identification. No exceptions.
    -Seat location is not revealed in advance of the show. You will find out your seat location when you pick your tickets up at will call.
    -Tickets for the pre-sale will be sold only on http://www.tenclub.net with a Visa or Mastercard. No phone or mail orders.
    -An email will be sent to you confirming your ticket purchase after all the pre-sales are over. In the meantime you can view your order confirmation number in your online order history.
    -Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-transferable, no exceptions. Please make absolutely sure you are able to attend the concert before purchasing tickets.
    -Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.
    -Ten Club reserves the right to refuse service to any members we feel are violating the Ten Club ticketing policy.

Visit this link http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets for information on the official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for you!

For ADA seating, please call 1-800-724-8038 at the posted pre-sale time which coincides with the show you would like to attend

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be directed to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->. We receive a lot of emails to this address, your patience is appreciated.

Public Ticket Sale:
    East Troy - Saturday, June 4th 10am local time at http://www.ticketmaster.com
    Canada (except Montreal) - Friday, May 27th 10am local time at http://www.ticketmaster.com
    Montreal - Saturday, May 28th 10am local time at http://www.ticketmaster.com
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    8-)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Huge Jammer Long Island ... Gonna Need Tickets for Canada Guys Keep me in mind Please
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Heard back from TenClub. Reserved seats for PJ WILL be allocated by seniority.

DrDeal
  • Options
    peachykeenpeachykeen NY Posts: 108
    never been so excited to go to....wisconsin! ha
    *If I had known then what I know now*

199xxx
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Ugh, why does every band do their concert pre-sales during the middle of the day on weekdays? That's my only complaint. I work an outdoorsy job and have zero computer access.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I think I might try for Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton. The only thing I'm worried about is how ridiculous gas prices might be in September.
  • Options
    number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Ugh, why does every band do their concert pre-sales during the middle of the day on weekdays? That's my only complaint. I work an outdoorsy job and have zero computer access.

I have the same problem...no real access to a computer for an extended period of time. Fourth graders won't understand my cursing the computer when it continually crashes and burns. Plus we have a field trip Monday. Maybe I am feeling a little sickness coming on and I won't be able to make it to school on Monday. ;)
This discussion has been closed.