Options

Ten Club Announces Alpine Valley & Canada Tour UPDATED 5/17

Comments

• Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Ugh, why does every band do their concert pre-sales during the middle of the day on weekdays? That's my only complaint. I work an outdoorsy job and have zero computer access.

I have the same problem...no real access to a computer for an extended period of time. Fourth graders won't understand my cursing the computer when it continually crashes and burns. Plus we have a field trip Monday. Maybe I am feeling a little sickness coming on and I won't be able to make it to school on Monday. ;)

Haha, I wish I could pull that off. This is a seasonal job with the USDA, and we are just starting to get into our busy season. I'll probably be traipsing through a cornfield during pre-sale time on Monday. My best bet is putting a friend or family member through multiple computer crashes at this point.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    Well, down in Australia I'm very jealous of those of you who can attend the weekend and the Canadian dates. I could prossibly wrange a trip, but it would definately put me back to square 1 with savings, and that is something I ain't gunna do. Seriously though, well done, and have fun! It will be a fucking amazing weekend and tour! I'm sure those of us who can't attend will get a DVD or bootleg out of it.

Pearl Jam are the fucking raddest band in the world! It's gunna be a good year to be a fan! Can't wait for the soundtrack vinyl pre-order and the theatrrical release in Sydney!

:D
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    I would never want to use ticketmaster, but-
    Did they say / not say-
    people can buy reserved seating through ticketmaster for both nights?
  • Options
    number1PJfannumber1PJfan Posts: 3,748
    MFCarissa wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Ugh, why does every band do their concert pre-sales during the middle of the day on weekdays? That's my only complaint. I work an outdoorsy job and have zero computer access.

I have the same problem...no real access to a computer for an extended period of time. Fourth graders won't understand my cursing the computer when it continually crashes and burns. Plus we have a field trip Monday. Maybe I am feeling a little sickness coming on and I won't be able to make it to school on Monday. ;)

Haha, I wish I could pull that off. This is a seasonal job with the USDA, and we are just starting to get into our busy season. I'll probably be traipsing through a cornfield during pre-sale time on Monday. My best bet is putting a friend or family member through multiple computer crashes at this point.

Yea, I am thinking of putting my husband on this task but he has like zero patience. I might be sol on this matter.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    agreed
    BF89905 wrote:
    Why isn't the ticketing process for the Canadian shows staggered ?

Now I assume that the Ten Club has considered all viable options relating to the 'smooth' distribution of 10 Club ticket pairs through their website. They've decided to open up all Canadian tickets at the same time for a reason....

- Just a suggestion ..... how about attaching a brief explanation to the Canadian Tour announcement post detailing why such a 'non-staggered' approach is being implemented. I think this may curb some of the angry posts relating to this issue. This is not an 'angry post', but rather a 'constructive' post.

I think most fan club members would just like to have a ticket-purchasing experience that does not end up taking hours whether they secure tickets or not.

* The Canadian Tour is great news. Thank you for your efforts, Ten Club.
  • Options
    TriggerTrigger Posts: 16
    First time Ten Club ticket buyer here (...hopefully... and I also work a job that can involve a lot of work outdoors in remote areas.. hoping to be in the office on Tuesday though) ... Can anyone tell me what the pricing I can generally expect for the Canadian Ten Club tickets? I'm hopefully planning on going to three shows and am hoping to absorb the sticker shock over the next week rather than when I click the final submit on the 24th, haha
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,817
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,851
    Looking at the Canadian dates - good luck everyone! :)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    DontGotIDDontGotID Posts: 137
    Spoken wrote:
    I would never want to use ticketmaster, but-
    Did they say / not say-
    people can buy reserved seating through ticketmaster for both nights?

what he asked
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    vant0037 wrote:
    For the record, I was on the lawn for Rage Against The Machine at Alpine Valley in 2007 and it was raining, muddy, and I was sick as hell. Not alcohol-related sick, but fucking snotty, sneezy, light-headed feverish sick. There was a douche bag piece of shit behind me in his fucking 10-sizes too big corduroy Jnco pants and ICP t-shirt with a fucking hemp necklace who kept jumping up and down, using my shoulder as balance and blowing his cigarette smoke all over us. I suffered through shitty Queens of the Stone Age. The parking was terrible. The traffic was worse. Beers were overpriced and the clothes I wore got wrecked (from slipping in the mud). Our drive back to the hotel was 90 minutes away and when we got there, not even the McDonald's was still open. We ate a vending machine dinner.

And you know what?

It was fucking awesome. I have no worries that PJ20 will be worth it, at least for those of us that can keep things in perspective.

So once again, if you don't like it, don't buy tickets. You'll be doing your fellow 10c members a favor. :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: You just might have tipped me over the fence
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    "Only U.S. Appearance in 2011" :| :(

am I completely f-ing blind? I can't see anywhere on any announcement directly from Pearl Jam/Ten Club that this is the Only U.S. Appearance
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073

am I completely f-ing blind? I can't see anywhere on any announcement directly from Pearl Jam/Ten Club that this is the Only U.S. Appearance
    you know I saw that in the original announcement yesterday and now I don't see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It said:

PEARL JAM LABOR DAY ANNIVERSARY WEEKEND CONCERT AT ALPINE VALLEY

Serving as the band's only U.S. shows of 2011, Pearl Jam's Labor Day anniversary weekend concert at Alpine Valley (September 3rd and 4th) will include performances by fellow artists and friends including The Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, Mudhoney, John Doe, Joseph Arthur, Glen Hansard, Liam Finn and special guests to be announced.

Tickets go on sale starting Monday, May 23rd for the Ten Club and Saturday, June 4th for the general public.

Detailed information on Pearl Jam's Labor Day anniversary weekend concert weekend at www.pj20.com.

GIVES ME HOPE!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,351
    Lizard wrote:

you know I saw that in the original announcement yesterday and now I don't see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it in an announcement from Easy Street Records about the show...by the time I looked at anything from anything official from Pearl Jam (including my e-mail)...it wasn't there. :D

Aug 27 is a saturday and there's nothing scheduled at the gorge...just sayin.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    it says serving as the bands ONLY us shows??

whatcha all talking about

oh now its gone :mrgreen:

pretty sure seattle or a town outside seattle was on the agenda
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

was/is??? c'mon... I got the feeling there is more shows but they'll not announce until the presales of PJ20, something similar as the 4 dates of SG... and then VOILA more dates and a lot of people were stock w/ fan club tickets...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

was/is??? c'mon... I got the feeling there is more shows but they'll not announce until the presales of PJ20, something similar as the 4 dates of SG... and then VOILA more dates and a lot of people were stock w/ fan club tickets...

i had heard that area also ..but im not 100% on this

based on the fact that the 10c changed the tweet and took out ONLY US SHOWS... i think its safe to say some shows will be added somewhere
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    edited May 2011
    Looking forward to the Ontario shows...super stoked.
    Post edited by Dead Man Walking on
  • Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Will definitely be taking in some of this!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    bovy_j wrote:
    Will definitely be taking in some of this!!

See ya soon! :)
  • Options
    Pearl01Pearl01 Posts: 31
    Does anybody know if it will be possible to jump on a shuttle from one of the travel packages...if I'm not staying at that hotel / resort? I'm going to this thing, but I'm flying solo and I'm not dropping $1500. If I stay at a motel that is close...wonder if I can hitch a ride with the shuttle for the Habor Shores or Abbey Resort, or wherever. Cuz I am GOING to drink, and don't really feel like driving 15 miles back to my hotel.
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I'm going to PJ20!!!! :D:D:D:D

The wifey and I just sat down and figured it all out, and we'll be there. I'm EXCITED!
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Who is opening for them in Toronto?
  • Options
    Who is opening in Toronto?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,968
    7 - Sep Montreal Bell Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    11-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    12-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    14-Sep Ottawa Scotiabank Place May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    15-Sep Hamilton Copps Coliseum May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    17-Sep Winnipeg MTS Centre May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    19-Sep Saskatoon Credit Union Center May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    21-Sep Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome May 24 / 1:00pm PDT
    23-Sep Edmonton Rexall Place May 24 / 1:00pm PDT
    25-Sep Vancouver Pacific Coliseum May 24 / 1:00pm PDT

Times have changed. :)

Both Toronto @ once? Whoa mama!!!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Im loving the new on sale times!!! That will be 100% better!
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'm going to PJ20!!!! :D:D:D:D

The wifey and I just sat down and figured it all out, and we'll be there. I'm EXCITED!

right on, man!! it's a good feeling, isn't it? we had that conversation a couple of months ago & we can't wait!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Going to pj20 . All has been confirmed money wise, now just gotta survive monday :D
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Can't stop thinking-
    All I need is tickets, All I need is tickets, All I need is tickets....
    :shifty:
  • Options
    sammysam25sammysam25 Posts: 13
    Hello!- All!!!- Please, oh please have an extra tix for Alpine Valley!!!!!!!!!! I really love to go see P.J alone- or Eddie solo! Oh my goodness, PLEASE i will obviously pay + for a good tix. I so get Pearl Jam- as a late bloomer!, I just need to know I can be there, and I'll book all my stuff from MTL. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sandra Peace! :mrgreen: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:sammysam25@hotmail.com">sammysam25@hotmail.com</a><!-- e --> please!.............................
    Sam
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    demetrios wrote:
    7 - Sep Montreal Bell Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    11-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    12-Sep Toronto Air Canada Centre May 24 / 10:00am PDT
    14-Sep Ottawa Scotiabank Place May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    15-Sep Hamilton Copps Coliseum May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    17-Sep Winnipeg MTS Centre May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    19-Sep Saskatoon Credit Union Center May 24 / 12:00pm PDT
    21-Sep Calgary Scotiabank Saddledome May 24 / 1:00pm PDT
    23-Sep Edmonton Rexall Place May 24 / 1:00pm PDT
    25-Sep Vancouver Pacific Coliseum May 24 / 1:00pm PDT

Times have changed. :)

Both Toronto @ once? Whoa mama!!!
    I'm not to thrilled about this. I had it set up so I can get tickets for Vancouver, but that probably won't happen now. I get why they did it, but it would've been nice if they had the correct times up the first time.
This discussion has been closed.