Options

*** Tweet tweet tweet ***

Comments

• Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,627

WHAT UP LIL MAN!!! LONG TIME NO HEAR!!!! You must be all grown up now....

Indeed I am....graduating college this saturday :-\

send me a message let me know how you're doing
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    my only thing with the children is the weed and stogie smoke (and the druken fools)

its not fair to expect people to stop with their concert enhancement because their are kids there

however if the parent is cool with it..god bless
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    I agree everybody out there is full of different morals, standards and beliefs. One's ideal is one's gold. If you've been raised better do better. If you believe the kids are safe then it's your obligation, job and blah blah blah to make sure they stay safe. If it's choice than make it a chosen. If you feel good about it. Then great. :):):)
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Please!!!!
    Info tomorrow!!!
    Can't wait!!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    who picks a fight in a Tweet thread? :roll:

This should be a argue free zone....happy all the time :lol:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150
    I'm done. Sunday boredom and a few responding, jump into the action posts were enough for me. Back to the great almighty Pearl Jam exploits. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    PEOPLE!!!!

Simmer Down Now...Please
    C'mon now...agree to disagree and lets get on with the discussion at hand here :mrgreen: PLEASE

Where's all that PJ love???

This thread is going to get locked if this keeps up and that's not fair to the rest of us...fight nice please. :D

THANK YOU

Now Carry On

I BELIEVE the discussion at hand is

*** Tweet tweet tweet ***
    Tweet (gasp) Tweet

The little birdie fluttered and landed with great force on our picnic blanket.

"Where have you been and what's with the backpack?" we inquired.

"I've been so busy making plans, trying to get everything ready for a special weekend. And do you know how hard it is to fly with a pack on my back?" the birdie said.

"Ah…a special destination weekend perhaps?" we said.

The little birdie exclaimed, "Well, of course! Have you been living in a valley? Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."

"Ok, little birdie, thank you for the heads-up. We appreciate it. Where are you going next, birdie?" we said.

"To the great white North!”
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    however it turned into parental negligence......
  • Options
    So it's 3:00 am Eastern time tonite, right?
  • Options
    edited May 2011

can't be your first post? haven't we seen you around here before? :D

anyway, what is?
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    LiveWiseLiveWise Posts: 10
    All I am gonna throw out here is that Bonnaroo farms has something like 150 acers of land, more than enough to have kids running an playing and enough space for those who don't like kids to have enough room to do their drinking and smoking and partying all contained in a cool ass camp site venue.

Now as for the Valley...? Just joking of course, let's lighten this mood....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    PJ20 Destination Weekend=Happiness :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    gibby1959gibby1959 Posts: 6
    Yea, my money is on Manchester, TN. They sold out regular tickets for Bonnaroo on Saturday and immediately here comes a tweet from PJ announcing. They had a contractual obligation to not sell tickets until Bonnaroo sold out, or by a certain date. PJ had a great time at Bonnaroo when they played. Plus the place holds 80K people, has tons of camping, lots of stages, build in concessions, easy access from all part of the country, is actually in the middle of the country, PJ has a house they can stay in, EV told a story about staying there and trying skeet shooting, etc....etc...

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part....NO NOISE ORDINANCES AND NO TIME TO STOP PLAYING.

Yeeeehaaaawww!!!!! :clap:
  • Options
    gibby1959 wrote:
    Yea, my money is on Manchester, TN. They sold out regular tickets for Bonnaroo on Saturday and immediately here comes a tweet from PJ announcing. They had a contractual obligation to not sell tickets until Bonnaroo sold out, or by a certain date. PJ had a great time at Bonnaroo when they played. Plus the place holds 80K people, has tons of camping, lots of stages, build in concessions, easy access from all part of the country, is actually in the middle of the country, PJ has a house they can stay in, EV told a story about staying there and trying skeet shooting, etc....etc...

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part....NO NOISE ORDINANCES AND NO TIME TO STOP PLAYING.

Yeeeehaaaawww!!!!! :clap:

yeah 11 pm at Alpine right?

OK call me dumb. :roll: ..please explain the contractual obligation to Bonnaroo...not being sarcastic..really, please explain?? :D
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    not to worry, Jo.....it'll be at Alpine.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Sure, first, I'm just having fun at guessing. Don't really know, but I do think it possible.

The contract thing, ok, if they are going to have it in Manchester TN, then Superfly productions, which puts on Bonnaroo, would not want them to release dates and sell tickets until a certain date because it could potentially hurt the sales of Bonnaroo. It is really interesting that Bonnaroo regular tickets sold out yesterday and then right after there was a release of info from the PJ camp.

Again, wild guessing, having fun, all about a good time, who knows, interesting fun stuff.

Oh, did I mention no noise ordinance at Bonnaroo farms and can play all night??????
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    gibby1959 wrote:
    Sure, first, I'm just having fun at guessing. Don't really know, but I do think it possible.

The contract thing, ok, if they are going to have it in Manchester TN, then Superfly productions, which puts on Bonnaroo, would not want them to release dates and sell tickets until a certain date because it could potentially hurt the sales of Bonnaroo. It is really interesting that Bonnaroo regular tickets sold out yesterday and then right after there was a release of info from the PJ camp.

Again, wild guessing, having fun, all about a good time, who knows, interesting fun stuff.

Oh, did I mention no noise ordinance at Bonnaroo farms and can play all night??????

Has there ever been a show other than the actual Bonnaroo festival at the Bonnaroo site? I don't think there has has there?
  • Options
    aahhhhhaaaaaa

thanks to both of you :D

off to watch The Killing...its the only show I enjoy so......

carry on :D
    peace,
    jo

• Options
    StillHere wrote:

can't be your first post? haven't we seen you around here before? :D

anyway, what is?

it's my first post tonite actually. ;) I mean THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT for PJ20, when birdie goes "Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."
  • Options
    Again, I am just guessing and having fun.

Don't think there has ever been a festival there except Bonnaroo but why not??? It is a great space! I have been 6 times, way back during the first ones. The last one I went to was when PJ played. PJ really liked it there, made some great comments from the stage. It is a great site. I know there is a house where they can stay out on a farm.

A little history......the land was originally owned by a farmer there. Superfly owns it now. Why not contract out with Superfly for the space, use their connections (like security and vendors) pass on some liability and feel good because all those folks have have done it before. Plus there are multiple stages and the sound equipment and lights are good. There are permanent safety features and PJ will appreciate that.

The place holds 80K people too. Alpine is 37K. 37K is small for PJ.

Oh, and did I mention that there is no noise ordinance and bands can play till whenever they want??? LOTS of camping too.

Again, having fun, guessing. If it was there, it would be really cool.
  • Options
    Superfly productions used to rent Bonnarro farm for Bonnaroo, but they were so successful they bought Bonnaroo farm a couple years back and are now branching off into other ways of making money. My bet is that includes using Bonnaroo for other events. I was there when Pearl Jam played and who ever was there also will agree, Eddie and the band seemed to really like Bonnaroo. I can tell you it brought tears to my eyes and many around me when all of us, the whole 80k of us it seemed like were all singing Betterman and Eddie stopped the song and said "this is fucking beautiful." It was one magical bad ass moment for me, get goosebumbs now writing it up.

Will it be at Bonnaroo, I don't know, but it seems like the best venue to me, and the time is right, and it makes the most sense, and no body would be fighting over kids running and playing and there would be cute girls with hoola hoops, there would be enough space for all the activism groups that Pearl Jam sponcers to each have a booth and promote themselves, enough space for several bands to play. And all the security measures are built in. This is very important to the band given past experiences.

There are also houses, one which pearl jam stayed in last time. So I would imagine the band would want to party with their other band friends as well, so there would be plenty of private space for them to do that as well. Seems like the best most likely place.

That being said, it will probably be in a 35k fan limit space at Alpine Valley with about 1400 spaces to camp and the rest of us, if we get tickets will be driving around after to where ever a hotel is after the show, only to come back the next day, park and do it all over again... fun?? .... may be. Bonnaroo..... better.
  • Options
    But, I did find this:

"Pearl Jam, ... have regarded Alpine Valley as one of their favorite venues to play. Former Phish road manager Brad Sands regards Alpine Valley as his favorite venue to see the band."

So who knows. I think that 37K is small for PJ. If it is there then get tickets fast
  • Options
    I think the house Ed was talking about staying at is KOL's farm. He told the whole skeet shooting story at the Ryman shows so if we're talking about the same story, he was at the Followell's. I would rather see it at some place like Bonnaroo as well to alieviate all the ticket concerns but I don't think it will happen. I'll be very surprised if it's not at Alpine Valley, but this band, their management, and the 10 club have rarely if ever disappointed us so I'm sure wherever it is, and whatever they do, more of us than not will be extremely happy.
  • Options
    Yep, were you at the Ryman shows? I was at one. Great show! Yep, heard the story there. Agree with you all the way around. I just think that 37K is small. How many camp sites are there?
  • Options
    ScottyOScottyO Posts: 5
    Can't freakin wait any longer :lol:
  • Options
    gibby1959 wrote:
    Yep, were you at the Ryman shows? I was at one. Great show! Yep, heard the story there. Agree with you all the way around. I just think that 37K is small. How many camp sites are there?

I have not been to Alpine yet so I don't know what the situation is there. I'm sure we'll find out in the next 24 hours AND I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!!! :D...oh and yes I was at both Ryman shows
  • Options
    Hey I was at the Ryman show also-- Ed did a killer job... hated the opening act though --not being rude, jmo, but yea ended up walking around looking at the art and history about the Ryman while the opening act guy shit out some songs before Eddie played. Eddie rocked- got mad at the crowd too for talking too much. Wynona Judd and Sheryl Crow were in the audience--not together. Great show
  • Options
    Wow,

Alpine Valley-- checking it out-- hotels are like 14 miles from the venue WTF? and camp site is like 8 miles away, not at the venue? what is pearl jam thinking? Hope they got a plan for the weekend. Just sayin... but destination weekend of camping could be more like destination weekend of driving, traffic jams and finding a place to park.
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    hope there's a tattoo thing so we can all get tattoo's...the same one, maybe? :roll: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    Heisenberg wrote:
    gibby1959 wrote:

I have not been to Alpine yet so I don't know what the situation is there. I'm sure we'll find out in the next 24 hours AND I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!!! :D...oh and yes I was at both Ryman shows

Alpine camping -only 75 sites, 6 ppl per

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156513
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
This discussion has been closed.