• Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Payson wrote:
    Alpine camping -only 75 sites, 6 ppl per

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156513

Good thing I've had a hotel booked since February :D
  • Options
    LiveWiseLiveWise Posts: 10
    dam that's only 450 people who can camp? is that right?? There's gotta be more camp sites than that?
  • Options
    PRLJM1PRLJM1 Posts: 584
    LiveWise wrote:
    dam that's only 450 people who can camp? is that right?? There's gotta be more camp sites than that?

That's all they have approved and with some stupid restrictions like no campfires or something. So unless PJ has made some special arrangements with the venue/town (i.e. a large donation might change the rules for a weekend) that's what we got.
    Summerfest '95,Alpine '98,Ice Bowl(Alpine'00),Alpine'03,Chicago'06,Summerfest(x2)'06,Riverside Theater '08(EV),ChicagoII '09, PJ20-Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Voodoo Fest '13 (New Orleans), Milwaukee '14, Wrigley 1,2 '16
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 135
    About time!!! Guess I can finally plan my summer soon...
  • Options
    LiveWiseLiveWise Posts: 10
    Payson wrote:
    LiveWise wrote:

That's all they have approved and with some stupid restrictions like no campfires or something. So unless PJ has made some special arrangements with the venue/town (i.e. a large donation might change the rules for a weekend) that's what we got.

Dam.. so much for hanging out the easy way... Why are people excited that it is going to be Alpine Valley?
  • Options
    I was at both Ryman shows too. Probably the best concert experience ever. Im not sure how we're all going to get tickets and get to camp. I hope it all works out for everyone.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:
    So it's 3:00 am Eastern time tonite, right?

can't be your first post? haven't we seen you around here before? :D

anyway, what is?

it's my first post tonite actually. ;) I mean THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT for PJ20, when birdie goes "Just make sure your memberships are up to date by midnight Sunday (Pacific Time) or you'll be sorry."

oh..i thought you meant the actual announcement :lol:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    PJ212 wrote:
    What if, like totally, it's not, like, the Alpine Valley, but, like, it ends up being, like, the San Fernando Valley? That would be like, totally, awesome, and radical, right?! Whatever Wisconsin! Totes California!

lol. ok thats funny
  • Options
    Anti quiet raised an interesting point in their article about PJ20

Some diehards (who, me?) still can’t entirely give up hope on the band’s unfulfilled 2005 promise for something “big, bold, beautiful & free,” but it’s quite a stretch to imagine that a multi-band festival event could be offered free of charge.

Talk about madness ensuing.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    Was up at school all weekend with no computer access - I feel like I've been living in a cave. This is awesome news! I am so excited... I just read through 29 pages and feel like I still need a thousand answers! Can't wait! Hope to meet all you crazy fools in Wisco, even if I have to go it alone :D:D

PJ20 babyyyy!!!
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Heisenberg: I had to throw that B,B,B&F thought out there 'cause my head kept coming back to it, but it's pretty unrealistic across the board.

I am, however, really beginning to hope that it's not at Alpine Valley, despite all assurances to the contrary. Between the highly limited camping spaces on site, the big restrictions, the cop patrols, the noise curfew and the distance to the other campgrounds/hotels, it just doesn't seem to be the ideal spot.

Maybe I'm still a little spoiled from Bonnaroo last year. I was so blown away by how peaceful and great everything was. Private security meant non-instrusive authority. No cops creating a sense of surveillance - everyone policed themselves and had a good time. Did that include people tripping balls openly and showering in full view of everyone at the campgrounds? Yes it did. Is that anywhere near as bothersome as a bro-fest with a kegger mindset and a testosterone bath a la Ozzfest? Not in the slightest. It was absolutely lovely, it felt like true freedom, and nature was all around. My faith in and love for music festivals was fully reestablished last year at Bonnaroo in Tennessee.

Guess we'll find out soon enough...
  • Options
    Firecloud wrote:
    Heisenberg: I had to throw that B,B,B&F thought out there 'cause my head kept coming back to it, but it's pretty unrealistic across the board.

I am, however, really beginning to hope that it's not at Alpine Valley, despite all assurances to the contrary. Between the highly limited camping spaces on site, the big restrictions, the cop patrols, the noise curfew and the distance to the other campgrounds/hotels, it just doesn't seem to be the ideal spot.

Maybe I'm still a little spoiled from Bonnaroo last year. I was so blown away by how peaceful and great everything was. Private security meant non-instrusive authority. No cops creating a sense of surveillance - everyone policed themselves and had a good time. Did that include people tripping balls openly and showering in full view of everyone at the campgrounds? Yes it did. Is that anywhere near as bothersome as a bro-fest with a kegger mindset and a testosterone bath a la Ozzfest? Not in the slightest. It was absolutely lovely, it felt like true freedom, and nature was all around. My faith in and love for music festivals was fully reestablished last year at Bonnaroo in Tennessee.

Guess we'll find out soon enough...

Oh I know Firecloud, I just liked the food for thought and I agree with you on Alpine (although I'm down for whatever). Thanks for plugging the Mustache Movement by the way :D (Although I notice you haven't officially signed up yet ;) )
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    ooh, better get on that.
  • Options
    brother123brother123 Posts: 792
    "pulls out .22"

no more tweet tweet tweet

just fucking tell us straight up
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    You'll need to fly with a backpack alright... Backpacking to the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia...
    THEN the US show will come..
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    vital5 wrote:
    You'll need to fly with a backpack alright... Backpacking to the Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia...
    THEN the US show will come..
    i'd rather go there than alpine valley ;)
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    Holy fuck!
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    raindog80 wrote:
    Holy fuck!
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    nothing_man_92nothing_man_92 Canberra, Australia Posts: 344
    HURRY!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I am unable to log into the Pit when I'm at work. Best I can do is check the homepage and see if there is any announcement until I get home. Boo.
    Maybe I can get it out of my head and just be surprised when there's an e-mail from donotreply!

Oh boy, can't wait!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    P23JP23J Posts: 103
    stoooooked!
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    midnight Pacific passed 4 hours ago

Give us the info. What are you waiting on? ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    pearljamnewfpearljamnewf Posts: 204
    How much money is this going to cost me? I want some me some serious Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    Damn me and my lack of internets this weekend! Yup, just saw the announcement....yup, membership ran out last week....yup, it is well past midnight Sunday...
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 255
    ok little birdy... wake up! don't be lazy!
    time to bring the good news!
  • Options
    lucygypsylucygypsy Posts: 99
    good morning... **tweet tweet** this bird is ready to fly! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Sipping my coffee and anxiously awaiting news.

*drums fingers on desk*
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    PKTrekGirlPKTrekGirl Posts: 747
    Can't imagine there will be any news before it's a reasonable hour on the west coast...but a quick check before I'm off to work. As I suspected, no news yet.
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    i am thinking..the usual 10 am pacific..= 1 pm eastern...geez man..

waiting..watching the clock...
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,984
    Its 2pm here - come with it already!!
    Nature drunk and High
This discussion has been closed.