Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JamesNJamesN Fort Lauderdale Posts: 190
    Making the Fort Lauderdale to Tampa drive tomorrow... Can't wait!!! Hopefully they book a SoFla show later on ~
    Wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well...
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited June 2015
    The setlist from my 50th show in Tampa May 24, 2015. It's difficult for me to talk about in that I drove 5+ hours there alone and it's possibly the last time I'll ever see them live again. It was very emotional for me and that had NEVER happened to me before at a RUSH show.

Love the way a band like RUSH Can make fun of themselves which to me puts new fans at ease to enjoy the show. Click on the link and see and hear what I mean, I preferred the other setlist in that they played one of my favorites The Camera Eye.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2015/amalie-arena-tampa-fl-3bc8405c.html

Set 1:
    The World Is...The World Is
    The Anarchist
    Clockwork Angels
    Headlong Flight
    (with mini drum solo)
    Far Cry
    The Main Monkey Business
    One Little Victory
    Animate
    Roll the Bones
    Distant Early Warning
    Subdivisions
    Set 2:
    No Country for Old Hens
    Tom Sawyer
    YYZ
    The Spirit of Radio
    Natural Science
    Jacob's Ladder
    Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres Part I: Prelude
    Cygnus X-1
    (The Voyage Part 1 & 3 with drum solo)
    Closer to the Heart
    Xanadu
    2112 Part I: Overture
    2112 Part II: The Temples of Syrinx
    2112 Part IV: Presentation
    2112 Part VII: Grand Finale
    Encore:
    Mel's Rock Pile starring Eugene Levy
    (intro video)
    Lakeside Park
    Anthem
    What You're Doing
    Working Man
    (with "Garden Road" outro)
    Exit Stage Left
    (outro video)

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,804
    Need to reinvest in my long gone catalog of Rush.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

FINALLY made the cover....it ONLY took 40+ years

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Geddy and Eddie have a lot in common both are huge baseball fans, inspired by the Who, and love wine.
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

If you choose not to decide if you LOVE or DESPISE the band Rush...

You still have made a choice

:smiley:
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

Geddy and Eddie have a lot in common both are huge baseball fans, inspired by the Who, and love wine.

Perfect
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    imalive said:
    I love Randy's love of music and I love Geddy's love of baseball.

Dig that they finally made the cover of RS....Nice pic! Captures them well, I think.

Listening to Snakes & Arrows right now.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Wednesday Night! So pumped
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

Wednesday Night! So pumped

Have a blast.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I've put Clockwork Angels back in the regular rotation lately. Man what a phenomenal album! In my opinion, their best since Counterparts. An absolute gem; the fact they can still write great tunes and rock hard & heavy into their 60's, after 20-some studio albums spanning 5 different decades, is testament to their place in rock history.
  • Options

I've put Clockwork Angels back in the regular rotation lately. Man what a phenomenal album! In my opinion, their best since Counterparts. An absolute gem; the fact they can still write great tunes and rock hard & heavy into their 60's, after 20-some studio albums spanning 5 different decades, is testament to their place in rock history.

See I love Vapor Trails, so I can't say it's the best since Counterparts....but I do think it's easily better than S&A.
  • Options
    weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    loved the show i saw
    the first 2 songs made me wish i was up on the new stuff. oh well cause those songs are killer++
    huge talent and very deserving of the HoF(at last)
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

See I love Vapor Trails, so I can't say it's the best since Counterparts....but I do think it's easily better than S&A.
    Totally love VT, I saw that tour six times maybe due to them taking a five year break after Neil's tragedies. S&A I just can not connect with me, loved the tour but the album is another story.....its at the bottom of their 19 studio albums.

Peace

• Options
    g under p said:

BinFrog said:

Totally love VT, I saw that tour six times maybe due to them taking a five year break after Neil's tragedies. S&A I just can not connect with me, loved the tour but the album is another story.....its at the bottom of their 19 studio albums.

Peace

I think between the VT tour and then R30 I saw somewhere around a dozen between 02 and 04.

Yeah, I agree there's just something about S&A that is severely lacking. There are some awesome tunes, and maybe someday it will click for me.

But I also agree the tour itself kicked ass.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I respect the drumming
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

g under p said:

BinFrog said:

Peace

I think between the VT tour and then R30 I saw somewhere around a dozen between 02 and 04.

Yeah, I agree there's just something about S&A that is severely lacking. There are some awesome tunes, and maybe someday it will click for me.

But I also agree the tour itself kicked ass.
    I agree like many of their other albums that didn't click with me upon their release such as PW,Signals,T4E and half of CP now I feel are way better than I previously thought. Yes someday S&A will do the same as I age gracefully, lol. At first I thought CA was ok but now as time goes by its becoming an amazing album with The Garden having some of Neil's best lyrics.

To change this up if they EVER tour again I'd love to see them In a foreign non English speaking country ex: PARIS, FR!

Peace

• Options
    I need to get the VT remaster. I really, really enjoy that album musically...but the production is just god awful. Damn loudness war!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    And

I need to get the VT remaster. I really, really enjoy that album musically...but the production is just god awful. Damn loudness war!

It's on Spotify and probably uploaded on YouTube by someone. It's a big improvement.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    Saw them last night. Stellar show for sure but not my favorite setlist.

that said, anytime they close with Working Man is alright by me. I still say PJ ought to cover that tune!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480

Geddy Vedder

photo N97GaxB_zpsnopasg3i.jpg

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

that said, anytime they close with Working Man is alright by me. I still say PJ ought to cover that tune!

That would be a great cover.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

It's like a whole new album. They did it justice.
  • Options

imalive said:

For years I have been saying Limelight would be a sick cover. Ed could nail it, and Mike would OWN the solo.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    imalive said:

Yikes. The setlists on this tour are about as good as it gets...

Post edited by BinFrog on
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

imalive said:

For years I have been saying Limelight would be a sick cover. Ed could nail it, and Mike would OWN the solo.

Agreed. After thinking about it, there are a few Rush songs PJ could cover very well.

How much fun would Matt Cameron have?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

BinFrog said:

imalive said:

Agreed. After thinking about it, there are a few Rush songs PJ could cover very well.

You know he played drums on Geddy's solo album, right?
  • Options

BinFrog said:

imalive said:

You know he played drums on Geddy's solo album, right?

I have a copy of it signed by Geddy addressed to me.

Just saying ;)