The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    Continuing through the camera eye.....

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

edited August 2015
    From the Concert Vault....Dec 10, 1976 Capital Theatre, Passaic NJ

2112 Live along with your choice below of Bastille Day, Lakeside, Anthem and Fly By Night/In The Mood

http://www.concertvault.com/rush/video/2112_1008795.html

http://youtu.be/6iTEvPzqj_s

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Randy Johnson given a Rush replica drum set on the field tonight by the Diamondbacks organization as they retired his number.

Pretty cool. His reaction was great.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited August 2015

Randy Johnson given a Rush replica drum set on the field tonight by the Diamondbacks organization as they retired his number.

Pretty cool. His reaction was great.

Yes I heard about this, I was looking for a picture of this on the net. That's real nice he's a big fan of the band and actually plays drums. As the story goes it's a R30 kit....which Randy ordered one back in the day through a Guitar Center in PHX. He cancelled the order and the kit was put on display in the store behind barriers. It didn't take long to sell, they were only 15 made. If the D-Backs bought this kit it probably cost them a pretty high penny.

Peace

• For the past few days, I've pulled Grace Under Pressure from the dust bin and have been jamming hard to it. The album came out when I was in grade 11 and I rocked it back then... but have forgotten about it to some degree.

In particular, Afterimage.
    edited August 2015

For the past few days, I've pulled Grace Under Pressure from the dust bin and have been jamming hard to it. The album came out when I was in grade 11 and I rocked it back then... but have forgotten about it to some degree.

Speaking of Afterimage, give this a read when can about The Forum Los Angeles 8/1/15

Afterimages: Reflections From The Yukon Blade Grinder

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/95370-yukon-blade-grinder-los-angeles-forum-8115/#entry3685480

Peace

• g under p said:

For the past few days, I've pulled Grace Under Pressure from the dust bin and have been jamming hard to it. The album came out when I was in grade 11 and I rocked it back then... but have forgotten about it to some degree.

Speaking of Afterimage, give this a read when can about The Forum Los Angeles 8/1/15

Afterimages: Reflections From The Yukon Blade Grinder

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/95370-yukon-blade-grinder-los-angeles-forum-8115/#entry3685480

Peace
    I read it.

I feel really good for Rush now. For decades... very underrated. Now it seems as if more people have figured out what they have been offering and appreciate them. 40 years to do so, but they finally got it!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p-8bsPdTNYk

The Edmonton Foo Fighters show the other night. Guy hauled on stage to sing Tom Sawyer.
    Epic.
    Continuing my series of Through The Camera Eye....pictures you may have never seen before....

October 12, 1973....Waterloo, Ontario....what's up with the dude in the first image facing the opposite way and that girl laughing at him?

Peace

Oldies but goodies.

Peace

I liked this angle that includes all three....

Peace

John Rutsey looks as if he's had enough of the band right here....

Possibly the last photo ever taken of him with the band.

Peace

edited September 2015
    Another rare photo....the girls look like when are these guys going to hit on us. :smile:

http://youtu.be/mDsFzsi6EFk

A child's innocent review of RUSH'S song Tom Sawyer

Love when one says....."she's been practicing for a loooong time". :smiley:

Peace

edited September 2015
    EXIT STAGE LEFT: Inside RUSH'S Farewell Show....

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2015-09-04/exit-stage-left-inside-rush-s-farewell-show

Great read very emotional for me.

Peace

edited September 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST DRUMMER ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH, NEIL PEART!

You will be missed not being able to see you on the road again....in two short years you CAN retire.

Peace

http://youtu.be/IyMwIdrvpHI

It comes out in November....oh the memories

Peace

edited October 2015
    Nice visuals here on the charting of the history of the band RUSH.....

http://lifeismusic.me/2015/10/22/the-history-of-rush-in-chart-form/

Here one can look at the band's career into 3 segments of...
    Pre-prime....the first 2 albums the band appears to be trying to find their legs in the music business.
    Prime....the mid 70's-80's they started to release one dazzling album after another while going on months long tours year after. They played everywhere sometimes twice.
    Post-prime...the mid 80's the releases slowed down to 3-5 years. The releases went from good to me the awful S&A. I just don't get that album.

PEACE

One of th weirdest photos of the guys. :smiley:

Peace

LA Forum August 2015......Working Man

Peace

I'm surprised they released a fourth song already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jxfDuiDtzU

Peace

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,430
    g under p said:

EXIT STAGE LEFT: Inside RUSH'S Farewell Show....

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2015-09-04/exit-stage-left-inside-rush-s-farewell-show

Great read very emotional for me.

Peace

very well written.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Tonight siriusxm ch 25 classic rewind playing R40 in its entirety replay at 9pm est.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Tonight siriusxm ch 25 classic rewind playing R40 in its entirety replay at 9pm est.

Thanks!

mickeyrat said:

Thanks!
    You'll need to check the schedule for any other replays.

Geddy and Alex doing a townhall on siriusxm this friday

http://www.rush.com/rush-siriusxm-town-hall/

edited November 2015
    The concert CLASSIC over the years.....11/20/15 R40 LIVE release date

http://youtu.be/N90GtbhUMtc

Peace

g under p said:

The concert CLASSIC over the years.....11/20/15 R40 LIVE release date

http://youtu.be/N90GtbhUMtc

Peace

Townhall tomorrow after R40live replay

edited November 2015
    Classic line from Geddy at the end.... :smile:

*Due to our state of decrepitude we must take a wee short break*

http://youtu.be/PaSQHNg9UtE

.....and a smile from Neil. :smiley:

Peace