Options

The LOVE Of The Band RUSH

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    Latest video release was Xanadu.

Also need to note the RUSH Townhall with Geddy and Alex on SiriusXm will air wednesday Nov 25 at 6pm est on Classic Rewind Ch 25 with replays to air at various times.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Simply beautiful.....like the sweet taste of honey dew....

http://youtu.be/PlmvdK3yzvs

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Siriusxm youtube channel for some video clips of the townhall.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ^^^^
    Second that!
  • Options
    thing has been on near constant replay throughout this weekend and I havent really had the time to sit and listen. I do hope it continues into next week when I hit the road again.

• Options
    Apparently there are six more replays after tonight.
  • Options
    well if I cant catch it I may have to do a month of internet service to catch it on their on demand service for $4 to listen!!!

• Options
    Glad to have seen one last show. Thank you Sir. It was a pleasure.

http://www.aux.tv/2015/12/rush-drummer-neil-peart-announces-retirement/

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    He's retired yet Bieber is still around. Life ain't fair.

Happy retirement professor.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Clockwork Angels is one hell of a high-note to end your career on! It's better to go out with a bang than pull a Brett Favre and not know when to quit.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

Glad to have seen one last show. Thank you Sir. It was a pleasure.

http://www.aux.tv/2015/12/rush-drummer-neil-peart-announces-retirement/

After the Tampa R40 show this year I KNEW that would be the very last time I would see this band live. I could tell by how they seem to throw single thing I've seen them do in lighting, staging everything etc. THE ONLY RUSH concert of 50 that brought me to tears and every time I think of that last show brings tears.

So hearing Neil is done touring is nothing knew or surprising I'm happy for him and I'm damn lucky I was able to see them that many times since GUP. I kinda wish though I was able to see them since the 2112 album but one can't be greedy.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options

Here is what Donna Halper said about Neil's retirement on Facebook;

I love a good rumor as much as anyone, but here's what I know regarding Neil and his retirement. He does not want to tour any more, for a number of reasons (health, wanting to be with his family). So yes, in that sense, he has retired. But he is open to getting together with Alex & Geddy at some future point to create some new music. Nothing has been decided about where or when. That's the only news I can share at this point in time. If I have more, I'll be happy to let everyone know."

That's what I thought was the circumstances of Neil's retirement.....touring and banging on drums over a billion times along with the wear and tear of touring has become too much to continue any longer. Besides I can understand him wanting to be home being a father to his now 7 year old daughter Olivia. I'm happy to hear the continuation in the future to create new music, nothing like opening up a new RUSH album.

Peace

• Options
    New music was a definite point made during the Townhall. At which Geddy also made a point of noting how much pain he could be in by mid-tour.

So what I am gathering then is a series of Cali dates every year? hehehe

• Options
    New Neil Peart re-update....

http://www.neilpeart.net/index.php?cID=286

Peace

• Options
    i believe this is Neil in his late teens.

Peace

• Options

Oh the fashions of 70's RUSH.

Peace

• Options
    2112 Full lyric animation video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jwxrTqoEA

Peace

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Neil gets #4 worlds best drummer in rolling stone. Right behind 1 Bonham 2 Moon 3 Baker
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    mickeyrat said:

Neil gets #4 worlds best drummer in rolling stone. Right behind 1 Bonham 2 Moon 3 Baker

Happens every time. He smokes all 3 of those, but respect is due for all of them I guess.

Kind of like how so many "better" guitar players never beat out Hendrix, Page and Van Halen on guitarist lists.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Hitler predictably has a HUGE breakdown upon learning......

http://youtu.be/DpBWRJlbBCA

Peace

• Options
    That is hysterical.
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

That is hysterical.

I love how out of all the albums he tells his commanders.....*anyone who thinks Caress Of Steel is not the greatest album of all time leave the room*

Two weeks ago I bought a remastered version of that album, it's good and I'm liking it more especially lifted by the song Lakeside Park. However, I can't see that album as the greatest of all time. I gather Hitlers mind went to places none of us as ever seen. I'm sure many fans reacted in the same fashion as he did in this video.....not me I was at peace with Neil's decision.

Peace

• Options
    There's a special place in my musical world for CoS
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    edited May 2016
    Mike just played snippets of Fly By Night and Cygnus right after Cropduster at Toronto 2 (May 12th)
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    Man, I LOVE Rush! They have been one of my favorite bands since the late 70s. I was reading the description the their fan archetype in the OPs post and thought it funny that I am most certainly not like that but I have always thought their music was bad ass. They and Triumph were very popular in Central and South Texas back in the 70s because of a San Antonio DJ that had a friend in Detroit that turned him on to the music and he played the shit out of it on the radio. They built followings and toured down here pretty extensively back in the day. Anyway, I'm glad that Rush finally got the recognition they deserved and are in the RRHOF. That last tour they played was really killer but bittersweet because it definitely felt like the victory lap.

Snow Dog is victorious
    The land of the Overworld is saved again
  • Options

Love this band jamming to POWER WINDOWS

Peace

• Options
    \m/