The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    The thought of this makes me physically ill:

Report: Celtics, Lakers Could Be Interested in Rajon Rondo-for-Pau Gasol Trade
    http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/report-celt ... trade.html

C's need some help in the big man department, but I just don't like Gasol, and Rondo's irreplaceable... he's half the reason I still love watching my Celtics. He may make some wild passes, but he'll get better at that. We need to keep him around for a long time.

Anyway, Celtics v Lakers tonight... for what it's worth these days.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    kenny olav wrote:

C's need some help in the big man department, but I just don't like Gasol, and Rondo's irreplaceable... he's half the reason I still love watching my Celtics. He may make some wild passes, but he'll get better at that. We need to keep him around for a long time.

that trade doesn't really make sense ...gasol is just a bit younger version of kg ... who is going to play the point in boston? ... i think rondo a very good player but his inability to hit the jump shot or make free throws will basically make him expendable ...
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    polaris_x wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

that trade doesn't really make sense ...gasol is just a bit younger version of kg ... who is going to play the point in boston? ... i think rondo a very good player but his inability to hit the jump shot or make free throws will basically make him expendable ...

Gasol's 31, not much younger at all. You're right... it makes no sense... I think I can rest easy. Rondo can still improve on his weaknesses, and his ability to move the ball around is very valuable for this aging team, who can still shoot well.
    kenny olav wrote:
    Gasol's 31, not much younger at all. You're right... it makes no sense... I think I can rest easy. Rondo can still improve on his weaknesses, and his ability to move the ball around is very valuable for this aging team, who can still shoot well.

ya ... he plays pretty good D ... rebounds well and can run the floor but he isn't a great finisher around the rim and he can't hit FT's ... that's just horrible for a PG ... they have to take the ball out of his hands late in the game ... it's a good thing pierce and allen have good handles ...
  • http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamihe ... blame-game

Awww, poor LeBron doesn't like all the criticism he gets. This guy becomes more unlikable by the day.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7556817/lebron-james-apologize-kendrick-perkins-tired-blame-game

Awww, poor LeBron doesn't like all the criticism he gets. This guy becomes more unlikable by the day.

what did perkins say
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    what did perkins say

perk said that lebron just wants attention and everyone to love em ... perk said its his job to block shots and protect the rim and that he doesn't mind getting posterized ... he gave blake props for not taunting afterwards but took exception to lebron calling himself #2 after the dunk on twitter ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:
    what did perkins say

perk said that lebron just wants attention and everyone to love em ... perk said its his job to block shots and protect the rim and that he doesn't mind getting posterized ... he gave blake props for not taunting afterwards but took exception to lebron calling himself #2 after the dunk on twitter ...

in that case...perkins needs to shut up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

disagree

lebron is a narcissist ... he's not a very likeable athlete ... immensely talented but overall not someone i care to defend ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

disagree

lebron is a narcissist ... he's not a very likeable athlete ... immensely talented but overall not someone i care to defend ...

i dislike lebron as much as the next guy.....but in this case, there was nothing wrong with lebron's tweet.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i dislike lebron as much as the next guy.....but in this case, there was nothing wrong with lebron's tweet.

If you read that article...LeBron goes on to say how people just blame everything on him. A real "woe is me" attitude. Last year he wanted to be the villain and now he wants everyone to like him?? Make up your fucking mind.
    81 wrote:

well ... i'm paraphrasing a bit ... here's the article ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=m ... fin_020712
    81 wrote:

If you read that article...LeBron goes on to say how people just blame everything on him. A real "woe is me" attitude. Last year he wanted to be the villain and now he wants everyone to like him?? Make up your fucking mind.

i agree on lebron needing to shut up regarding that....but perkins needs to shut his pie hole about anything related to the dunk.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    i agree on lebron needing to shut up regarding that....but perkins needs to shut his pie hole about anything related to the dunk.

Yeah, I dunno about Perkins. I think it was his way of saying LeBron will never be MJ or Kobe by saying "You don't see Kobe tweeting. You dont see Jordan tweeting". Either way, fuck LeBron.
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

well ... i'm paraphrasing a bit ... here's the article ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=m ... fin_020712

i stand by my reaction...he perkins is going to bitch about lebron saying anything, he needs to bitch about everyone else that said anything.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i stand by my reaction...he perkins is going to bitch about lebron saying anything, he needs to bitch about everyone else that said anything.

maybe he hates lebron like everyone else? :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

maybe he hates lebron like everyone else? :lol:

can you blame him. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,920
    imalive wrote:

back in the day, the sixers were my team. waaaaaaay back when you got one game a week and it was celtics vs. sixers 90% of the time :lol:

no home town team back then sir?

well, the Cincy Royals were down the road but I think NBC only did a game a week and the country didn't want to see an Ohio team....fucking east coast bias :lol: ! besides, there were only like 3 national announcers - jim mckay, chris schenkel and curt gowdy :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7556817/lebron-james-apologize-kendrick-perkins-tired-blame-game

I miss the days of no Twitter, when players only really talked in press conferences or post-game interviews... Twitter has allowed the NBA to gain a soap-opera atmosphere off the court.

I don't really see what Perkins is upset about? Is it because LeBron said he got dunked on "so hard?" Or is it because LeBron said "I guess I'm #2," which shows that in his mind he was #1? In any case, and this is just my opinion, Blake's "dunk" wasn't a dunk.

1) He more so threw the ball into the cylinder.

2) He used Perkins as a crutch, and still didn't complete the "dunk."

This is fucking nonsense. Both of these guys should just shut the hell up and go do what they do best: play their game.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I get what you are saying about twitter to an extent, but I'd rather here this stuff from the mouth our fingers of the players rather than have some old white guy ask old white guy questions and (re)frame and interpret it through their eyes. Either way I get to watch everyone's favorite guy to hate (for whatever reason(s)) tomorrow night against the Wizards. Hopefully he puts one down that makes a new number 1.
    RW81233 wrote:
    against the Wizards.

my condolances....

the bullets are god aweful.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    against the Wizards.

my condolances....

the bullets are god aweful.
    So what it's NBA basketball (or something like NBA basketball), and it will either be a game the Heat don't care about making it close, or LeBron and co. will decide to smash them to bits and have their own little dunk contest.
    it won't be close.

wizards might be the worst team in basketball right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

I feel the same way about Hot Rod Hundley on KJZZ calling Jazz games. Hearing Rod call those games with classic lines like:

"Stock yo-yo's out.."

"______ from the parking lot!"

"Karl Malone, hammer dunk!!"

"You gotta love it baby"

"Stockton to Malone!"

don't forget "Jordan pushes off Bryon...." :x

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

:crazy:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

:crazy:

and, "supposedly, Jordan has some kind of flu" ;):lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    was that possibly the same flu Tim Lincecum came down with when he was on the NL All-Star team as a 20-year old. I think they call it the barley and hops flu.
    RW81233 wrote:
    was that possibly the same flu Tim Lincecum came down with when he was on the NL All-Star team as a 20-year old. I think they call it the barley and hops flu.

at least Timmy's flu wasn't made up to enhance his "legacy" ;) :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    true...he just laid in a hospital after getting his stomach pump and didn't actually play. wouldn't it enhance MJ's legacy to say he played that way with a MASSIVE hangover...haha
    RW81233 wrote:
    true...he just laid in a hospital after getting his stomach pump and didn't actually play.

we probably shouldn't be discussing this in the NBA thread....but I never heard this.

link? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14