The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithful wrote:
    That's one of the few articles I've read on it and probably the only reason I read it is that when I covered pro basketball on the side, I was and still am good friends with the author.

I really enjoyed the article. Much better than any of the articles on NBA.com regarding this issue.

actually you should read this site too, especially when they actually play some games, it's chris sheridan's new venture.

www.sheridanhoops.com
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    RiotZact wrote:

one of the biggest chumps in nba history.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    RiotZact wrote:
    I wonder if he'll practice before the tournament.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Possibly, but every time I start to not like him anymore I go back and watch some of his early 2000s highlights and it just amazes me how good he was, and at times he has showed signs that he's not all that bad, like this tournament for example
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Perhaps. But he'll always go down as a 'what could have been' to me. I think that's saying a lot, considering how good he was.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

made me remember the year they had the all-star game in vegas. what a clusterfuck that was. the stories of non-tipping. rude NBA'ers were everywhere....just another reason why some people don't care if this shit ever comes back.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH5JTh3Xp3Y

not a perfect list but pretty good, after seeing this kind of stuff I don't know how anyone could ever say he doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame
    RiotZact wrote:

not a perfect list but pretty good, after seeing this kind of stuff I don't know how anyone could ever say he doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame

if i had a vote, i would vote yes to the HOF....

he's still a chump
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    RiotZact wrote:

anyone who says allen iverson shouldn't be in the hall of fame is a moron of major epic proportions. guy is without question one of the top 50 players of all time (bill simmons has him at 29 in his fantastic 'The Book of Basketball' - no matter what you think of Simmons i highly recommend the book) . absolute stud. yes he was kind of a turd as a human being but guy brought it every night. hell dennis rodman just went in the hall...dennis freaking rodman
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    pjhawks wrote:
    hell dennis rodman just went in the hall...dennis freaking rodman
    yeah, but dennis was friends with ed ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    pjhawks wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

anyone who says allen iverson shouldn't be in the hall of fame is a moron of major epic proportions. guy is without question one of the top 50 players of all time (bill simmons has him at 29 in his fantastic 'The Book of Basketball' - no matter what you think of Simmons i highly recommend the book) . absolute stud. yes he was kind of a turd as a human being but guy brought it every night. hell dennis rodman just went in the hall...dennis freaking rodman

Rodman has how many rings?, was one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league(at the most generous 6'8" I've ever seen) for most of his career.

Iverson should go in the HoF, but I think saying he's unquestionably in the top 50 is a pretty big stretch. He could take a spot, but there's plenty of guys that could keep him bumped off. Only 1 MVP in a down league, bronze metal and no titles hurts him.
    DewieCox wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Rodman has how many rings?, was one of the best defenders and rebounders in the league(at the most generous 6'8" I've ever seen) for most of his career.

Iverson should go in the HoF, but I think saying he's unquestionably in the top 50 is a pretty big stretch. He could take a spot, but there's plenty of guys that could keep him bumped off. Only 1 MVP in a down league, bronze metal and no titles hurts him.

I agree Rodman is better but I think he is easily top 50 as well, a year or two ago the guys that do TNT thursday nights did an all time fantasy draft and Charles Barkley had the first overall pick and he took AI. For sure that was a horrible pick and he was probably joking in a way but still...
    UPDATE: AT LEAST 2 more weeks canceled
    RiotZact wrote:
    Not sounding good :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    Not sounding good :(

nope :cry: I don't really know the specifics on the update cus I just read it as breaking news on the bottom line of the MNF game but it didn't sound good at all
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    talks resuming today...
    www.myspace.com
    talks resuming today...

oh boy....

i'm about ready to start the occupy nba areana movement.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    talks resuming today...

maybe players finally realize they can't win and should shut up and collect their pay and play.

juggler see previous page. want to hear your thoughts on iverson vs. rodman. a couple of guys here are trying to tell me that rodman was better and more of a hall of famer than iverson (one guy even mentioned rodman's championships cause you know playing with jordan and duncan had nothing to do with those). as an aside Bill Simmons list Iverson as #29 all time and Rodman #69 all time in his book of Basketball.
    edited October 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    talks resuming today...

maybe players finally realize they can't win and should shut up and collect their pay and play.

juggler see previous page. want to hear your thoughts on iverson vs. rodman. a couple of guys here are trying to tell me that rodman was better and more of a hall of famer than iverson (one guy even mentioned rodman's championships cause you know playing with jordan and duncan had nothing to do with those). as an aside Bill Simmons list Iverson as #29 all time and Rodman #69 all time in his book of Basketball.

pssst...he didn't win with Duncan... ;)

2 with Detroit

3 with Chicago

i guess Ai vs. Rodman boils down to what you like

Rodman - defense, rebounding, a few put back points, hustle, old school all around tough nosed player

vs

AI - scoring, assisting

i think Rodman practiced as well.

as far as championships go...do they bulls beat utah in 98 without rodman guarding malone? do they go 72-10 in 95/96?
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

2 with Detroit

3 with Chicago

Rodman - defense, rebounding, a few put back points, hustle, old school all around tough nosed player

vs

AI - scoring, assisting

AI assisting??? :lol::lol: He never passed the ball!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    The third week of January is the earliest I see the NBA RETURNING. Who does this benefit unfortunately a team like the Heat who don't really need the too entirely long 82 game season. To me it appears it will be another 50 game season packed tight where a younger team like the Heat should prosper.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

he averaged 6.2 per game for his carrer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:
    The third week of January is the earliest I see the NBA RETURNING. Who does this benefit unfortunately a team like the Heat who don't really need the too entirely long 82 game season. To me it appears it will be another 50 game season packed tight where a younger team like the Heat should prosper.

Peace

:?: younger teams are better equiped to handle the grind of an 82 game season. it's the older more mature teams that will benifit from playing fewer games....teams like San Antonio which ran out of gas last year. Dallas and Boston will benifit as well.

young teams with young players need more time to gel, more time to practice, more time to gain confidence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    talks resuming today...

2 with Detroit

3 with Chicago

vs

AI - scoring, assisting

as far as championships go...do they bulls beat utah in 98 without rodman guarding malone? do they go 72-10 in 95/96?

hmmm i thought simmons' book had him winning 6 NBA titles but his wikipedia pages has only 5 titles. i assumed he won with the spurs. i'll have to re-check that.

arguments against rodman: only averaged 7.4 points per game, only made 2 all-stars and was he ever better than the 3rd best player on his team?
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... ade01.html

he played in SA the two years that Houston won the title
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodmade01.html

he played in SA the two years that Houston won the title

ah i stand corrected.

you obviously don't know what your talking about, but I'm sticking with Rodman, he was just such a beast and without a doubt the best pound for pound defender ever, on another note does anyone agree with me that Shaq is the second greatest player of all time??
    RiotZact wrote:

you obviously don't know what your talking about, but I'm sticking with Rodman, he was just such a beast and without a doubt the best pound for pound defender ever, on another note does anyone agree with me that Shaq is the second greatest player of all time??

i'm gonna go no.

in a close game your best players need to be on the floor....Shaq was often taken off because he couldn't hit a free throw.

i'd take kareem over shaq all day everyday

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... lka01.html
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ouch. gonna have to strongly disagree with you 81, to each their own but I would barley have sweet lew in my top 10........I was expecting you to say something like Bird, West, or Russel in which case I would have agreed more, IMO it's about a 4 way tie for 2nd between them