The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506
    i know i've said it before but nba tv is awesome. i think it's the best of any league's channel. there's always some old school game from back in the 80's or 90's that i find myself watching. the bird/magic hbo doc is on now. so good.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    i know i've said it before but nba tv is awesome. i think it's the best of any league's channel. there's always some old school game from back in the 80's or 90's that i find myself watching. the bird/magic hbo doc is on now. so good.

I don't have it anymore :cry: I used to love those throwback games and what not they play
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    RiotZact wrote:

I don't have it anymore :cry: I used to love those throwback games and what not they play

Yeah, I've got game 6 of the 1993 Finals on my DVR now... Paxson with the game winner.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah, I've got game 6 of the 1993 Finals on my DVR now... Paxson with the game winner.

f him :lol:

man i was really pulling for the chuckwagon to win that year. great series none the less
    www.myspace.com
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

That's a classic. I was 10 years old and I still remember that moment so clearly.

man i was really pulling for the chuckwagon to win that year. great series none the less

I was only 4 years old at the time, but had I been able to comprehend it, I would've been pulling for the Chuckwagon as well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I was only 4 years old at the time, but had I been able to comprehend it, I would've been pulling for the Chuckwagon as well.

I wasn't even 1 yet :( so I didn't comprehend it, I really wish I could have a fan back in the 80s and 90s to live through some of that stuff
    RiotZact wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

I wasn't even 1 yet :( so I didn't comprehend it, I really wish I could have a fan back in the 80s and 90s to live through some of that stuff

I really only recall the later 90's, probably from 96 onward. MAYBE a bit of 95. The NBA used to be playing ALL THE TIME in my house as a kid... I think my earliest memory of watching a game was one of those intense match-ups between Indiana and New York. Fuck yeah, Reggie Miller. The Knick Killer is who inspired me to work on my long range shot in the drive-way for hours. :lol:

Memories...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

I really only recall the later 90's, probably from 96 onward. MAYBE a bit of 95. The NBA used to be playing ALL THE TIME in my house as a kid... I think my earliest memory of watching a game was one of those intense match-ups between Indiana and New York. Fuck yeah, Reggie Miller. The Knick Killer is who inspired me to work on my long range shot in the drive-way for hours. :lol:

Memories...

I love Reggie, never really knew much about him back when he was popular but now I have him as my second favorite player of all time behind Alonzo Mourning. The first game I remember watching (I was a heat fan back then) was the Heat playing the Lakers, I was like six years old watching the game with my mom and kobe hit a game winner at the buzzer, I was like screaming at the TV saying to the refs that he didn't get the shot off in time, then I cried I think :lol:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    RiotZact wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Wow, now I feel old and I'm only 32 :lol: Glad I got to experience the Jordan era while I was growing up though, it was awesome.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    dougfloyd wrote:

Wow, now I feel old and I'm only 32 :lol: Glad I got to experience the Jordan era while I was growing up though, it was awesome.

I kind of caught the latter half of Jordan's career, mainly the whole "He's Back!" and onward. So I got to see him take down Seattle in 96. I most remember Jordan though for just shutting down the Jazz two years in a row. :x

Jordan was the only obstacle we couldn't defeat. :evil:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    hehe...

really wish they would show a Bulls Knicks game....Charles smith has a block waiting for him.

or one of the knicks/heat playoff games. rough and tumble
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Introducing the new part owners of the Sixers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba-wp9476
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    will smith's a fraud.

got some 1993 first round playoff action right now. nets/cavs game 5.

brad daugherty with 24 pts and 20 rebounds...could've been a sixer :x

marv albert and the czar of the telestrater calling the action
    www.myspace.com
    so brad, what do you think of jimmy johnson's chances of repeating.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    bulls/hawks 93 playoff game on now 81
    www.myspace.com

went to bed...

that had to be an early round series. i don't remember the hawks doing much in the playoffs vs. the bulls
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

went to bed...

that had to be an early round series. i don't remember the hawks doing much in the playoffs vs. the bulls

yeah 1st or 2nd round.

i'm hoping for some barkley/marjley/kj suns action tonight. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

went to bed...

yeah 1st or 2nd round.

THUNDER DAN!!!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,914
    KG fucked up the negotiations! :lol:

kevin_garnett1.jpg

"listen here, plantation owners"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    "listen here, plantation owners"

:lol:

fuckin Gumball
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah 1st or 2nd round.

THUNDER DAN!!!

'93 celtics/hornets, game 2, first round was on earlier. kevin mchale's last stand!
    www.myspace.com
    '93 celtics/hornets, game 2, first round was on earlier. kevin mchale's last stand!

we were watching some of that...

Charolette had a lot of talent on that team..don't know if they would have won a title, but they would have been contenders had they kept it together

Larry Johnson (pre back surgery)
    Alonzo Mourning (kid and play hair cut)
    Curry to shoot
    and the midget on the point. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Charolette had a lot of talent on that team..don't know if they would have won a title, but they would have been contenders had they kept it together

Curry to shoot

yup...good role players too like johnny newman, j.r reid and kenny gattison. kendall gill was decent too.

the garden was so loud. miss the old places like that.
    www.myspace.com
    Gill....he was a solid player. does bulls pre/post games now....well, if there were games.

never went to the boston garden, but agree, i miss the old stadiums
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Gill....he was a solid player. does bulls pre/post games now....well, if there were games.

never went to the boston garden, but agree, i miss the old stadiums

there was always a rumor growing up that kendall gill would always shoot hoops at the court near my house. always thought that was a weird random rumor.

yeah i've been to the td garden or whatever they call it now. never been to the old garden or chi stadium. new places, in all sports, don't have the charm of the old school ones.
    www.myspace.com
    What are everyone's thoughts on this rumored all star "World Tour"? sounds to me like it could be pretty cool and display that the players really do love playing
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    81 wrote:

Curry to shoot
    Good memories...I grew up about 20 minutes away from Charlotte and loved those teams....up until George Shinn's douuchebaggery that lead to trading away Mourning and Johnson.
    RiotZact wrote:
    What are everyone's thoughts on this rumored all star "World Tour"? sounds to me like it could be pretty cool and display that the players really do love money

fixed. :lol:

they are talking the big time stars could make a million bucks a game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    What are everyone's thoughts on this rumored all star "World Tour"? sounds to me like it could be pretty cool and display that the players really do love money

fixed. :lol:

they are talking the big time stars could make a million bucks a game

Wait they said per game????? :shock: I thought they said for the whole tour, if that's case then I take back what I said.......but if they came to philly I'm pretty sure I'd hit that shit up