The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited October 2011
    RiotZact wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just wanted to come here and share the same sentiments I did on my Facebook page.

A very long time fan, signing off.

Love the avatar

Thanks, I just made it. I'm pretty bummed. I've been watching the NBA for as long as I can remember, and the idea of bailing on it is really taking a toll on me. Personally though, until there is a huge change, I can't tolerate this bullshit anymore.

I'll go watch high school basketball if I have to.
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    g under p wrote:
    The season is far too long and they could use the break come back and play 50 games every other day. Just tonight my fiancé on a flight from PHX-Dallas got an autograph/note from dirk Novitski for our son. He was really nice to her after drank up the courage to ask him....his girlfriend though did want to know who was this chick in first class doing on her knees. :o

I won't miss the NBA....I do hope they comeback and play the window for the CELTICS is closing fast.

Peace
    That's awesome. Dirk is a really classy guy.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    The season is far too long and they could use the break come back and play 50 games every other day. Just tonight my fiancé on a flight from PHX-Dallas got an autograph/note from dirk Novitski for our son. He was really nice to her after drank up the courage to ask him....his girlfriend though did want to know who was this chick in first class doing on her knees. :o

I won't miss the NBA....I do hope they comeback and play the window for the CELTICS is closing fast.

Peace
    That's awesome. Dirk is a really classy guy.

One of a kind. Not many like that left. Steve Nash, Ray Allen, Al Jefferson, and Dirk.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Just wanted to come here and share the same sentiments I did on my Facebook page.

A very long time fan, signing off.

Love the avatar

Thanks, I just made it. I'm pretty bummed. I've been watching the NBA for as long as I can remember, and the idea of bailing on it is really taking a toll on me. Personally though, until there is a huge change, I can't tolerate this bullshit anymore.

I'll go watch high school basketball if I have to.

Yeah the NBA was the first sports related thing I ever got into when I was 6 years old, been a huge sixers fan my whole life, I wouldn't quite consider myself signed off yet but I'm defiantly pissed off
    RiotZact wrote:

Yeah the NBA was the first sports related thing I ever got into when I was 6 years old, been a huge sixers fan my whole life, I wouldn't quite consider myself signed off yet but I'm defiantly pissed off

I guess I'm not 100% strong on this, because when it comes back... I'll probably tune in to Jazz games... but I am certainly what you'd call a disgruntled fan right now. If shit doesn't change for the better though quickly, I'll force myself to find my entertainment elsewhere.

I mostly am upset that people working at the arenas and for the teams that surely don't make even a small percentage of what the players and owners make are going to be losing work. That is my biggest gripe right now; the lack of concern for anything other than their fat fucking wallets.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I guess I'm not 100% strong on this, because when it comes back... I'll probably tune in to Jazz games... but I am certainly what you'd call a disgruntled fan right now. If shit doesn't change for the better though quickly, I'll force myself to find my entertainment elsewhere.

I mostly am upset that people working at the arenas and for the teams that surely don't make even a small percentage of what the players and owners make are going to be losing work. That is my biggest gripe right now; the lack of concern for anything other than their fat fucking wallets.
    You can watch college basketball.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

You can watch college basketball.

Which is what I'll most likely be doing.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I never really cared for the NBA that much, in my opinion basketball has always been the one sport that has a better product at the college level than professional.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

Well put
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I was going to post that exact same thing or something similar. Having covered games as a side job, I root for all the New York teams to do well and get at least one playoff game/round. I could care less if the owners are making money. I care more if they have spend it on paying those seasonal employees. The more games there are, the more work there is for security types, ushers, concessions, people who work on the broadcasts doing stats etc. I doubt they're getting any type of compensation for missed games. So hopefully this nonsense gets settled sooner or later.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    dcfaithful wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I was going to post that exact same thing or something similar. Having covered games as a side job, I root for all the New York teams to do well and get at least one playoff game/round. I could care less if the owners are making money. I care more if they have spend it on paying those seasonal employees. The more games there are, the more work there is for security types, ushers, concessions, people who work on the broadcasts doing stats etc. I doubt they're getting any type of compensation for missed games. So hopefully this nonsense gets settled sooner or later.

Yeah, a lockout, strike, or cancelled season really does hurt a lot of people. There was a story on the news tonight about local sports bar owners expecting to lose a lot of money, and restaurants close to the AAC expecting to do less business as they depend on game traffic. Then you have all the concessions people like you mentioned, parking lot employees, etc. And refs too. I remember when the NHL came back from their lockout there was a special about the referees having to go out and get jobs, one dude was working construction another was selling cars. I haven't really followed the NBA lockout that much, so I'm not sure which side (if not both) is being unreasonable, or what all is going on. Even if somebody doesn't care about the NBA, a lockout isn't good for anybody.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Looks like I might be watching college bball exclusively. Was kind of excited to see if the T-wolves would turn a season around now with a good coach in Rick Adelman on board... ah well.
    Looks like I might be watching college bball exclusively. Was kind of excited to see if the T-wolves would turn a season around now with a good coach in Rick Adelman on board... ah well.

I had hopes for Minny too. Kevin Love is right around the corner from blossoming into a monstrous player.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Loved the tweets from D-Wade
  • Greedy.
    They ought to remember where they came from, the poor suburbs, the ghettos.
    They should be grateful for the money they have, I can only dream of what they earn, and they do it doing what they love most whilst us suckers slave every day for a pay.
    Greedy greedy greedy!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Greedy.
    They ought to remember where they came from, the poor suburbs, the ghettos.
    They should be grateful for the money they have, I can only dream of what they earn, and they do it doing what they love most whilst us suckers slave every day for a pay.
    Greedy greedy greedy!

Grant Hill ;)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I love how nobody really cares about this NBA lockout. I'm sure there are a few hardcores out there who do. But he fear people had of losing the NFL season (though we knew that would never happen) was more cared about by fans and media alike. Maybe that'll knock these NBA players down a notch. Not only are they vastly overpaid, but people don't even care about their sport. And why should they? The players themselves don't care about the regular season (other than for the paycheck).
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I love how nobody really cares about this NBA lockout. I'm sure there are a few hardcores out there who do. But he fear people had of losing the NFL season (though we knew that would never happen) was more cared about by fans and media alike. Maybe that'll knock these NBA players down a notch. Not only are they vastly overpaid, but people don't even care about their sport. And why should they? The players themselves don't care about the regular season (other than for the paycheck).

i'd rather have the nba over the nfl this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    I love how nobody really cares about this NBA lockout. I'm sure there are a few hardcores out there who do. But he fear people had of losing the NFL season (though we knew that would never happen) was more cared about by fans and media alike. Maybe that'll knock these NBA players down a notch. Not only are they vastly overpaid, but people don't even care about their sport. And why should they? The players themselves don't care about the regular season (other than for the paycheck).

i'd rather have the nba over the nfl this year.

To each their own I guess. I could care less about the NBA regular season. The players just go through the motions for the first 4 months of it anyway.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    Agreed, the season is too long as it is.
    I would be exited about a 30-40 game season though. Talk about a sprint.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    watch hockey instead its 10 times the sport basketball is, basketball the only point in watching is the last few minutes
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    kenshunt wrote:
    watch hockey instead its 10 times the sport basketball is, basketball the only point in watching is the last few minutes

i will be watching hockey....but i also enjoy basketball.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • College hoops isn't locked out, right? Who cares about the NBA?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    College hoops isn't locked out, right? Who cares about the NBA?

only matters in march
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    edited October 2011
    81 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

well since Chuck Swirsky left the raptors announce table, i can't get into the boring announcer who calls games for them now lol
    Post edited by kenshunt on
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,506

i can't wait for college hoops to get under way
    www.myspace.com
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389

Ditto. Those rosters change more often than the NBA. Can't keep track of whose who.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    kenshunt wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

well since Chuck Swirsky left the raptors announce table, i can't get into the boring announcer who calls games for them now lol

If you were watching the Raptors, that explains why hockey is more exciting for you. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    kenshunt wrote:
    81 wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

i'm sure we can find you a stream of bulls radio...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

i can't wait for college hoops to get under way
    Same here. 10x better than the NBA.