The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Like last night when he missed the lay up and was blocked by the rim and was saying he was hit.

That was definitely one of the more ridiculous protests.
    Agreed. He clearly missed and the rim blocked him. No need to look for a call.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Like last night when he missed the lay up and was blocked by the rim and was saying he was hit.

That was definitely one of the more ridiculous protests.
    Agreed. He clearly missed and the rim blocked him. No need to look for a call.

My favorite was in the last series. He went up for a shot, heard a whistle, pulled back his shot as if to say "Damn! offensive foul", came down, griped and then got the douchiest "no way" look on his face.

I don't see how Carlisle could get t'd up after Wade's fit, and then they overlooked Lebron's gripe on the out of bounds call.

Watchin ESPN this morning and they're debating whether or not Wade was celebrating after the 3. Skip and Crawford were saying he was ignoring James, but I just think that's part of his act. He always stares off into space when he does somethin awesome. That's his go to celebration.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842
    DewieCox wrote:
    Watchin ESPN this morning and they're debating whether or not Wade was celebrating after the 3. Skip and Crawford were saying he was ignoring James, but I just think that's part of his act. He always stares off into space when he does somethin awesome. That's his go to celebration.

Yeah I agree. If Lebon had hit the shot, he'd be the one staring off into space while Wade jabbed him in the chest.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    I thoroughly enjoyed that Heat meltdown last night.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

They couldn't hold that streak of being able to close out games forever. It was great to hear the crowd slowly fade into silence. I hope so much that Dallas can capitalize on the stay at home.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    dcfaithful wrote:
    It was great to hear the crowd slowly fade into silence. I hope so much that Dallas can capitalize on the stay at home.

It's now 3 games in Dallas... right?

ya ... 3 straight at home ... not a fan of this format ...
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    You have to remember that the Heat are a great road team. And they love their role as "bad guys". They thrive on a hostile crowd.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    polaris_x wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    It was great to hear the crowd slowly fade into silence. I hope so much that Dallas can capitalize on the stay at home.

It's now 3 games in Dallas... right?

ya ... 3 straight at home ... not a fan of this format ...

I know, I like the 2-2-1-1-1
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    You have to remember that the Heat are a great road team. And they love their role as "bad guys". They thrive on a hostile crowd.

The interesting part about this series is that both teams are both strong at home and on the road. Dallas could've used that strength in game 1, but what's done is done...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    dcfaithful, you need to change your avatar back to the humping Stormrtrooper. It is much less disturbing than John Stockton's shorty shorts.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    dcfaithful wrote:

They couldn't hold that streak of being able to close out games forever. It was great to hear the crowd slowly fade into silence. I hope so much that Dallas can capitalize on the stay at home.

Yep, it was great to hear all the Miami "fans" shut the F up. The players on the Heat combined with their terrible, bandwagon fans drive me fucking crazy. I might buy a Dirk jersey if the Mavs win the series.
    dcfaithful wrote:

Yep, it was great to hear all the Miami "fans" shut the F up. The players on the Heat combined with their terrible, bandwagon fans drive me fucking crazy. I might buy a Dirk jersey if the Mavs win the series.

Yeah, I'm a Jazz fan but I might have to sport a Mavericks Dirk tee. He's just too damn awesome.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful, you need to change your avatar back to the humping Stormrtrooper. It is much less disturbing than John Stockton's shorty shorts.

Let this be a lesson to you that exposing the underside of yoru sack is the best offensive technique in basketball.

1. The distraction alone gives you the open drive.
    2. No defender will get too close to you for fear of grazing upon your scrote.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Hopefully the crowd will be a little more alive in Dallas. It looked like the AA Arena was piping fan noise into the game because no one in the lower bowl appeared to be breathing much less screaming.

If the Mavericks pull this off, Dirk will be catapulted into the top 3 as far as local sports legends around here. Right there with Staubach and Aikman.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    Flagg wrote:
    Hopefully the crowd will be a little more alive in Dallas. It looked like the AA Arena was piping fan noise into the game because no one in the lower bowl appeared to be breathing much less screaming.

If the Mavericks pull this off, Dirk will be catapulted into the top 3 as far as local sports legends around here. Right there with Staubach and Aikman.

those miami fans are horrible.

anyone see bill simmons on twitter say he thinks the sixers are the only team to not be afraid of the heat so far in the playoffs? granted he said this halfway through the 4th last night before the comeback. still nice shout out to my squad. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Flagg wrote:

I'm sure the Dallas crowd will be rocking the next 3 games.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Flagg wrote:

anyone see bill simmons on twitter say he thinks the sixers are the only team to not be afraid of the heat so far in the playoffs? granted he said this halfway through the 4th last night before the comeback. still nice shout out to my squad. :mrgreen:
    I don't think the Bulls were afraid, but the Sixers definitely played like they had nothing to lose. If they add a good scorer somehow to that talented young core I could see them being a pretty damn good team.
    tcaporale wrote:
    Flagg wrote:

I don't think the Bulls were afraid, but the Sixers definitely played like they had nothing to lose. If they add a good scorer somehow to that talented young core I could see them being a pretty damn good team.

they're closer to that than they've been since the early iverson years. hopefully they don't screw it up...
    www.myspace.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6614490

20 Reasons to Pull for the Dallas Mavericks:

MIAMI -- Pull for Dallas to win these NBA Finals because Miami will get forklifts of rings someday. This might be Dallas' last chance.

Pull for Dallas because it got screwed in the 2006 Finals worse than Bartman. To lose to the same team five years later would be tantamount to basketball waterboarding.

Pull for Dallas because Mark Cuban hasn't opened his mouth once.

Pull for Dallas because Dirk Nowitzki deserves this title more than anybody else on the floor, more than LeBron James, more than Dwyane Wade.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki stayed with his team, never took his talents anywhere but to the damn gym every day.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has stuck it out through 13 seasons so far with this one team, stuck it out through all those depressing playoff springs, all those one-and-dones, all those words people called him -- "loser" "choker" "soft" -- stuck it out even when Steve Nash left, leaving Nowitzki with a lot of nobodies and some mops.

Pull for Dallas because when you ask Nowitzki why he didn't bolt the way everybody else does, he simply says, "Because this is where my heart is."

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki didn't try to win a title the new way, didn't pick the best kids on the playground and take on everybody else, didn't get a bunch of super-human friends and schedule himself a ring, like you might a kegger or your birthday party.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has this crazy idea about trying to win one the old fashioned way, by getting better.

Pull for Dallas because James is so heaven-sent talented that he'll get more than his share of rings before he's done.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki is much closer to done than starting now.

Pull for Dallas because 38-year-old Jason Kidd deserves one, too, despite what he says. "I want this more for Dirk than for me," says Kidd, who's played in three decades -- 17 years -- in this league without champagne in his hair. "All the work Dirk's put in, all the time. Man he deserves it more than anybody on this team. Plus, if he gets it, that means I get one too, right?"

Pull for Dallas because Kidd is the guy everybody likes, the Ray Bourque of the NBA, the one everybody wants to see hold the trophy over his head someday. If he doesn't win it now, in his third Finals try, he'll never win it.

Pull for Dallas because it has the best locker room in the NBA, not a whiner among them. There are more good guys in that room than in some divisions.

Pull for Dallas because it doesn't do pre-championship celebrations. Dallas has this crazy notion that you should actually hold the trophy in your hands before you throw the parade. Wouldn't it be nice to give them one?

Pull for these Dallas Mavericks because the way things are going, the Dallas Cowboys may never win a title again.

Pull for Dallas because it's clear they're the underdogs in this, sort of the way a squirrel is the underdog vs. an owl. You knew that after Tuesday night's Game 1, the way LeBron James was flying over people like Air Florida and Dwyane Wade was dazzling everybody else, the way he does in NBA Finals. You knew that the way they pulled away to that win in Game 1.

Pull for Dallas because its best player, Nowitzki, has a torn tendon in his left middle finger now and yet never once blinked when we asked if he'll keep playing.

Pull for Dallas because it's not about The Decision. It's about one team taking the easy way to a title and another team taking a way that just keeps getting harder.

Pull for Dallas, because, my God, how many good things can happen to Pat Riley in one lifetime?
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Newch91 wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6614490

20 Reasons to Pull for the Dallas Mavericks:

MIAMI -- Pull for Dallas to win these NBA Finals because Miami will get forklifts of rings someday. This might be Dallas' last chance.

Pull for Dallas because it got screwed in the 2006 Finals worse than Bartman. To lose to the same team five years later would be tantamount to basketball waterboarding.

Pull for Dallas because Mark Cuban hasn't opened his mouth once.

Pull for Dallas because Dirk Nowitzki deserves this title more than anybody else on the floor, more than LeBron James, more than Dwyane Wade.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki stayed with his team, never took his talents anywhere but to the damn gym every day.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has stuck it out through 13 seasons so far with this one team, stuck it out through all those depressing playoff springs, all those one-and-dones, all those words people called him -- "loser" "choker" "soft" -- stuck it out even when Steve Nash left, leaving Nowitzki with a lot of nobodies and some mops.

Pull for Dallas because when you ask Nowitzki why he didn't bolt the way everybody else does, he simply says, "Because this is where my heart is."

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki didn't try to win a title the new way, didn't pick the best kids on the playground and take on everybody else, didn't get a bunch of super-human friends and schedule himself a ring, like you might a kegger or your birthday party.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki has this crazy idea about trying to win one the old fashioned way, by getting better.

Pull for Dallas because James is so heaven-sent talented that he'll get more than his share of rings before he's done.

Pull for Dallas because Nowitzki is much closer to done than starting now.

Pull for Dallas because 38-year-old Jason Kidd deserves one, too, despite what he says. "I want this more for Dirk than for me," says Kidd, who's played in three decades -- 17 years -- in this league without champagne in his hair. "All the work Dirk's put in, all the time. Man he deserves it more than anybody on this team. Plus, if he gets it, that means I get one too, right?"

Pull for Dallas because Kidd is the guy everybody likes, the Ray Bourque of the NBA, the one everybody wants to see hold the trophy over his head someday. If he doesn't win it now, in his third Finals try, he'll never win it.

Pull for Dallas because it has the best locker room in the NBA, not a whiner among them. There are more good guys in that room than in some divisions.

Pull for Dallas because it doesn't do pre-championship celebrations. Dallas has this crazy notion that you should actually hold the trophy in your hands before you throw the parade. Wouldn't it be nice to give them one?

Pull for these Dallas Mavericks because the way things are going, the Dallas Cowboys may never win a title again.

Pull for Dallas because it's clear they're the underdogs in this, sort of the way a squirrel is the underdog vs. an owl. You knew that after Tuesday night's Game 1, the way LeBron James was flying over people like Air Florida and Dwyane Wade was dazzling everybody else, the way he does in NBA Finals. You knew that the way they pulled away to that win in Game 1.

Pull for Dallas because its best player, Nowitzki, has a torn tendon in his left middle finger now and yet never once blinked when we asked if he'll keep playing.

Pull for Dallas because it's not about The Decision. It's about one team taking the easy way to a title and another team taking a way that just keeps getting harder.

Pull for Dallas, because, my God, how many good things can happen to Pat Riley in one lifetime?
    :thumbup:

like!
    #FHP
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842
    dirk.gif
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Pull for Dallas because Dirk knows how to party:

steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-drunk-drunk-drunk.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    It looks like the Heat and Mavs are going to play the same strategy. Let the other team blow it out and then pick up the pieces with 6 minutes to go in the game. BTW that Rick Reilly piece is so fucking stupid I think that he wrote it while watching Old Dogs thinking that it was a non-stop laugh fest. He's too old for sports.

Mavs 14-2-0 ATS how long can they keep it up?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    RW81233 wrote:
    BTW that Rick Reilly piece is so fucking stupid I think that he wrote it while watching Old Dogs thinking that it was a non-stop laugh fest. He's too old for sports.

Mavs 14-2-0 ATS how long can they keep it up?

Rick Reilly is a joke. Dude gets paid millions and hasn't written anything worth while in years. The biggest hack out there.
    He plays well with the Senior Citizen crowd, and people who believe there is a clear "right" and "wrong" way to do things in life. Too bad he writes for a website instead of where he belongs...in a book next to the toilet.
    RW81233 wrote:
    He plays well with the Senior Citizen crowd, and people who believe there is a clear "right" and "wrong" way to do things in life. Too bad he writes for a website instead of where he belongs...in a book next to the toilet.

stop discriminating against old people.
    www.myspace.com
    Haha, well played...although I'm pretty sure his best work was read at the toilet.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Haha, well played...although I'm pretty sure his best work was read at the toilet.

i get the majority of my reading done on the toilet.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lebron is a bad actor
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    norm wrote:
    lebron is a bad actor

Love the new avatar, is that from Hooper? :lol:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)