The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Is Dwayne Wade this good? Or is it because he has less pressure because of James? Or a combination? Because he has been unfuckingreal.

I think he's this good, people have forgotten about him over the past few years because Kobe gets most of the media attention. LeBron is definitely the Pippen in this duo with the style they play.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Man, Miami is playing like shit right now. They look like an elementary school team fumbling around with the ball out there. To quote Herb Brooks, they look like a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football. 6 turnovers in the 4th quarter so far.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    what does dirk need to do to get a foul ... haslem is using tons of body ...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    8-)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I wouldn't have expected the last play of the game to look any less like the clusterfuck 4th quarter Miami had. It was seriously hard to believe that they were a professional basketball team.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Is Dwayne Wade this good? Or is it because he has less pressure because of James? Or a combination? Because he has been unfuckingreal.

I think he's this good, people have forgotten about him over the past few years because Kobe gets most of the media attention. LeBron is definitely the Pippen in this duo with the style they play.
    how quickly do we forget how bad Wade sucked in Boston and Chicago? In this series LeBron is taking the backseat in scoring, but he's doing his thing elsewhere passing and playing D.
    I wouldn't have expected the last play of the game to look any less like the clusterfuck 4th quarter Miami had. It was seriously hard to believe that they were a professional basketball team.

Exactly. They can't play well for more than 5 minutes at a time. I keep tuning in waiting to see this team be "great". I still think they will win the series but they go through long stretches of the game where they just confuse the hell out of me. Why isn't LeBron driving to the basket and going to the FT line? He played tonight like he was scared to shoot the ball, 8 pts, really?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    What a game tonight. This is looking like a really good series right now. Finally Dallas got support from everyone.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    What a game tonight. This is looking like a really good series right now. Finally Dallas got support from everyone.

Yeah, including Miami.
    lebron definitely gave up the ball way too much in the 4th quarter ... why is chalmers handling the ball at all when the shot clock is winding down ...

on another note ... lebron gives the worst pep talks pre game ... first the one where "if you aren't exhausted by the end of the game - you didn't play hard enuf" and now today's "our backs are against the wall and this is a must-win game" ... attention: first, some guys only play a few mins - no way they'll be exhausted ... and second, you still have home court advantage ...
    RW81233 wrote:
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

how quickly do we forget how bad Wade sucked in Boston and Chicago? In this series LeBron is taking the backseat in scoring, but he's doing his thing elsewhere passing and playing D.

LeBron played great D on Derrick Rose, completely controlled the 4th quarters of those games. He is not stepping up in this series. He has to be more aggressive on offense. Wade was amazing tonight.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2018 - Wrigley
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    and on jason terry this series
    Did anybody else think that Miami looked like the Washington Generals in the 4th? I half expected Dirk and Kidd to run around the courts with buckets of confetti.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    fantastic game last night.

quality finals thus far.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

quality finals thus far.

did they play last night? :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

quality finals thus far.

did they play last night? :lol:

you're out once you're team loses?

is that the kind of fan you are, The 81?
    www.myspace.com
    gone....

i've watched all of 2 minutes total of the finals. can't stand watching the heat
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    gone....

i've watched all of 2 minutes total of the finals. can't stand watching the heat

interesting... :think:

i like rooting against the heat like a lot of people do. kind of like rooting against the yankees or cowboys to me. in a way, i think it's good for the nba to have such a team like this. love 'em or hate 'em
    www.myspace.com
    i'll watch the superbowl, and the ncaa football title game, but beyond that, once my team is done, i'm genearlly done.

different years are differnet, but that's the general rule.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i only watch because i want the heat to lose sooooo bad! ...

but sadly ... dallas is lucky to be tied 2-2 ... jason kidd is old, shawn marion is old ... no one can score on the mavs except terry and dirk ... i don't see this series going in favour of dallas unless miami chokes ... :(
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The 81 wrote:
    i'll watch the superbowl, and the ncaa football title game, but beyond that, once my team is done, i'm genearlly done.

What about March Madness?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

or the world series? come on 81...

is this fraudulent? :? i dunno... :)
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:
    i only watch because i want the heat to lose sooooo bad! ...

but sadly ... dallas is lucky to be tied 2-2 ... jason kidd is old, shawn marion is old ... no one can score on the mavs except terry and dirk ... i don't see this series going in favour of dallas unless miami chokes ... :(

did you see the iguadala for monta ellis rumor?

thoughts?
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

skipped pretty much the entire thing this year. most years i watch half a dozen hours of action. this year's tourney was weak begining to end.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

skipped pretty much the entire thing this year. most years i watch half a dozen hours of action. this year's tourney was weak begining to end.

as did the rest of the country sans the dallas fort worth area and san fran. :lol:

bad example.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

depends on the teams and my mood. i don't make an effort to watch, but i may flip it on.

i watch quite a bit of bowl action..that's gotta count for something...right
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

depends on the teams and my mood. i don't make an effort to watch, but i may flip it on.

i watch quite a bit of bowl action..that's gotta count for something...right

no. all of those games except one are meaningless.
    www.myspace.com
    oh well.

bring on september
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    oh well.

bring on september

not a big baseball fan?
    www.myspace.com
    football > basketball > hockey > baseball

going to the phillies game in july...that's gotta count for something...right, right.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg