The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    dougfloyd wrote:
    Wow, I've never had a sports jinx actually work for me before, that was incredible!
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Newch91 wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Holy shit.
    Hell yeah. Go Mavs.
    I'm in shock right now.

Same here, but I'm hoping Miami learned a lesson. That leaning black and being superstars shit isn't going to cut it. I bet they don't make the same mistake twice.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    DIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    maybe there is a god! ... :)
    pureoc wrote:
    DIRK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    polaris_x wrote:

If there is then that means there is a Satan. And his name is Mark Cuban.
    polaris_x wrote:

What is with the hate for Mark Cuban?
    Newch91 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

I live here, the guy runs around town acting like a douche. He's a well known douche. Even outside of town he's known as a douce. He always claims there is a giant NBA conspiracy to keep the Mavericks down and accuses referees of taking bribes from other teams and other such bullshit. If the Mavs lose a game, it's not because they lost, it's because the other team cheated, the refs cheated, or the league cheated.
    edited June 2011
    Newch91 wrote:

I live here, the guy runs around town acting like a douche. He's a well known douche. Even outside of town. He always claims there is a giant NBA conspiracy to keep the Mavericks down and accuses referees of taking bribes from other teams and other such bullshit. If the Mavs lose a game, it's not because they lost, it's because they either cheated, the refs cheated, or the league cheated.
    Sure he seems like a douche and gets fined a lot, but whenever he gets fined, he matches that fine amount and gives it away to charity. Would a douche do that? He's a passionate fan of his team.
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    polaris_x wrote:

fuck the heat ... go mavs ... i'm sure both teams have their share of douche bags ..
    Newch91 wrote:
    Sure he seems like a douche and gets fined a lot, but whenever he gets fined, he matches that fine amount and gives it away to charity. Would a douche do that? He's a passionate fan of his team.

If he just didn't act like a douche he could give THAT money to charity also. It's a PR move. He does it to taunt the league. That's how that whole thing started, his rivalry with David Stern. He doesn't give a shit, it is just to make Stern look bad.
    Newch91 wrote:

If he just didn't act like a douche he could give THAT money to charity also. It's a PR move. He does it to taunt the league. That's how that whole thing started, his rivalry with David Stern. He doesn't give a shit, it is just to make Stern look bad.

why would anyone be on the side of david stern!??
    polaris_x wrote:

why would anyone be on the side of david stern!??

Cuban is no better. I have no love for Stern either.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    Live in Dallas too and don't quite have the same opinion on Cuban as you do Futon. I don't know many people around here that do. He is way over the top a lot but seems to have thankfully calmed down this year. He does truly care about the team and the fans so I respect him for that. I'm really glad he isn't the sideshow he has been in years past this playoff run, that was a beating and embarrassing.
    Live in Dallas too and don't quite have the same opinion on Cuban as you do Futon. I don't know many people around here that do. He is way over the top a lot but seems to have thankfully calmed down this year. He does truly care about the team and the fans so I respect him for that. I'm really glad he isn't the sideshow he has been in years past this playoff run, that was a beating and embarrassing.

Cuban is only keeping quiet because he was trying to sign LeBron same as everybody else, and after he lost out made some douchey comments that he just wasn't to come back to bite him on the ass. He's still the same asshole.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320

Cuban is only keeping quiet because he was trying to sign LeBron same as everybody else, and after he lost out made some douchey comments that he just wasn't to come back to bite him on the ass. He's still the same asshole.

You're probably right. I'm just glad he's stayed out of the spotlight! I'm sure it's killing him not popping off haha.

You're probably right. I'm just glad he's stayed out of the spotlight! I'm sure it's killing him not popping off haha.

If they were to win, he would be popping right in there though. He's just staying away to keep hubris from biting him on the ass. He's just like Jerry Jones, if they win he'll be right down there with the team celebrating like he's THE SHIT. If they lose he will be nowhere to be found.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    what a nice surprise. i fell asleep thinking those frauds won. go mavs :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    cuban may be over the top but you can't argue he's good for maverick basketball fans ... team has competed year in year out ... guy happily pays the luxury tax every year ...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Wow. I thought for sure it was going to be a sweep when the Mavs were stuck on 73 points for what seemed like 10 minutes. I was ready to call "dagger" when Wade drained that 3 from the corner.

Speechless. Holy shit.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    At what point in his career does Lebron stop yelling after a big dunk?
    You know, when he stands there under the basket and looks like a gorilla.

Shouldn't he be less excited about dunks by now?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    loadedgun wrote:

The same day he stops acting surprised at every call against him or his team.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

So never?
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

So never?

The same day everyone other player in the NBA stops doing these things.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

awesome avatar! :clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=159314
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

I was happy to hear Jason Kidd give a nod to Stockton last night.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:

So never?

Pretty much. He looks like he's going to jump out of his shorts at every whistle.

Yes. You fouled someone. Is it that hard to believe?

I understand arguing a call, but it has got to have some validity to it.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    So never?

Pretty much. He looks like he's going to jump out of his shorts at every whistle.

Yes. You fouled someone. Is it that hard to believe?

I understand arguing a call, but it has got to have some validity to it.
    Like last night when he missed the lay up and was blocked by the rim and was saying he was hit.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Like last night when he missed the lay up and was blocked by the rim and was saying he was hit.

That was definitely one of the more ridiculous protests.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL