The 2013-14 NBA season

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The 81 wrote:
    football > basketball > hockey > baseball

going to the phillies game in july...that's gotta count for something...right, right.

You couldn't be more wrong. What are you doing gracing us with your presence in July?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The 81 wrote:

going to the phillies game in july...that's gotta count for something...right, right.

You couldn't be more wrong. What are you doing gracing us with your presence in July?

game is at wrigley. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:
    i only watch because i want the heat to lose sooooo bad! ...

but sadly ... dallas is lucky to be tied 2-2 ... jason kidd is old, shawn marion is old ... no one can score on the mavs except terry and dirk ... i don't see this series going in favour of dallas unless miami chokes ... :(

did you see the iguadala for monta ellis rumor?

thoughts?

posted on sixers page ;)
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    The 81 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:

game is at wrigley. :lol:

Touche'.
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    This is still one of the best basketball gifs I've ever seen: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/552045/sqk.gif
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    tcaporale wrote:
    This is still one of the best basketball gifs I've ever seen: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/552045/sqk.gif
    :lol: Love it
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    tcaporale wrote:

what a pussy....

maybe that is why boozer popped him during the eastern confrence finals a couple of times.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    everyone has been doing it this tournament...it's funny how Americans pick on soccer for this, but it's just as ingrained in the NBA (which is maybe our 2nd favorite sport). Not to mention the NFL which has turned into throw the ball as far as you can and hope for PI. Either way the real story is whether or not LeBron's mom is sleeping with a teammate again.
    RW81233 wrote:
    everyone has been doing it this tournament...it's funny how Americans pick on soccer for this, but it's just as ingrained in the NBA (which is maybe our 2nd favorite sport). Not to mention the NFL which has turned into throw the ball as far as you can and hope for PI. Either way the real story is whether or not LeBron's mom is sleeping with a teammate again.

fuck soccer.

are you defending falling down now

sorry, but this flopping is unamerican, just like peach cobbler. i would say there should be a rule agaist it, but in reality, these floppers should be given a reason to flop like a rag doll. please sign me for a game....just to toss a few accidental elbows
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    So, who ya got tonight?

I'll go with Dallas, riding the momentum from game 4.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    loadedgun wrote:
    So, who ya got tonight?

Probably going to go down to the last possession again. I'll pick Miami just because they don't usually lose 2 in a row, but it's a coin toss.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
    loadedgun wrote:
    So, who ya got tonight?

dallas has been outplayed in every game ... only way dallas wins is if miami chokes ...
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    So, who ya got tonight?

dallas has been outplayed in every game ... only way dallas wins is if miami chokes ...

Miami's defense is too much and they can turn it on whenever they want. It's like a cheetah who just caught a gazelle and let's it go to teach it's young how to catch prey and become a predator....then has it's meal when ready.

I dislike to say it but Miami wins with ease.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    So, who ya got tonight?

Miami's defense is too much and they can turn it on whenever they want. It's like a cheetah who just caught a gazelle and let's it go to teach it's young how to catch prey and become a predator....then has it's meal when ready.

Peace

if dallas can shoot 43% from 3 pt line ... they may have a shot ... they are playing at home as well ... so, who knows but they'll be hard-pressed to win in miami ...
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    RW81233 wrote:

Sure, people flop in most sports. Football, basketball, hockey, baseball. The reason soccer gets ragged on isn't for the flop itself, it's for the way they act like they're about to die afterward. They roll around and scream, making a big scene out of it. 9 times out of 10 they don't get up until a trainer comes out, maybe sprinkles the "magic water" on them, then they pop right up and are fine.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

fuck soccer.

sorry, but this flopping is unamerican, just like peach cobbler. i would say there should be a rule agaist it, but in reality, these floppers should be given a reason to flop like a rag doll. please sign me for a game....just to toss a few accidental elbows
    no i'm not defending it, just saying that picking on one person for doing it is akin to pulling over one car for speeding when 15 were in front doing the same thing.
    RW81233 wrote:

Sure, people flop in most sports. Football, basketball, hockey, baseball. The reason soccer gets ragged on isn't for the flop itself, it's for the way they act like they're about to die afterward. They roll around and scream, making a big scene out of it. 9 times out of 10 they don't get up until a trainer comes out, maybe sprinkles the "magic water" on them, then they pop right up and are fine.

hmmm...sounds an aweful lot like chrissy did with the phantom elbow.

i don't think i've ever seen a flop in football.

they only flops i can think of in baseball are the jeter phantom hit by pitch...or the AJ hit by pitch.

not a lot of flopping in hockey either...more players bitching for calls all the time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The 81 wrote:

This is so true!
    #FHP
    RW81233 wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

fuck soccer.

no i'm not defending it, just saying that picking on one person for doing it is akin to pulling over one car for speeding when 15 were in front doing the same thing.

maybe they need to put in an unsportsman like penalty. when flops like this are reviewed, they league suspends the player for a game
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm down for the suspension thing. Seriously you think there is no flopping in football? That's what the league has become over the last few years following Hot Rod Harrison's beatdown of Colts receivers. Are we watching the same sport?
    The 81 wrote:

they only flops i can think of in baseball are the jeter phantom hit by pitch...or the AJ hit by pitch.

not a lot of flopping in hockey either...more players bitching for calls all the time

There used to be quite a bit in hockey, so much so that the league instituted the Diving/Embellishment rule. Used to be that some guys would dive and toss a glove through the air for just about any contact. It has decreased it quite a bit with the introduction of the rule (plus the fact that Don Cherry will use Coach's Corner to bring shame to your family name), but not entirely.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I'm down for the suspension thing. Seriously you think there is no flopping in football? That's what the league has become over the last few years following Hot Rod Harrison's beatdown of Colts receivers. Are we watching the same sport?

maybe

i think too many recievers bitch about contact, and they are taking all the hitting out of the game, but not sure i woudl call that a flop
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

There used to be quite a bit in hockey, so much so that the league instituted the Diving/Embellishment rule. Used to be that some guys would dive and toss a glove through the air for just about any contact. It has decreased it quite a bit with the introduction of the rule (plus the fact that Don Cherry will use Coach's Corner to bring shame to your family name), but not entirely.

true. but imo, it was never as bad as basketball has become in the last 5 years.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i blame the influx of europeans ... :lol::lol:

i mean think about it ... flopping is a soccer thing which most europeans watch most ... they brought it into hockey and now basketball ... :mrgreen:
    polaris_x wrote:

i mean think about it ... flopping is a soccer thing which most europeans watch most ... they brought it into hockey and now basketball ... :mrgreen:

I knew it, polaris is really Don Cherry!!
    Don-Cherry.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:

I knew it, polaris is really Don Cherry!!
    Don-Cherry.jpg

:lol:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    g under p wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    loadedgun wrote:
    So, who ya got tonight?

Peace

Miami may very well win, but with ease? What makes you say that when the last three games have come down to the final shot? Dirk makes that shot in Game 3 and it is overtime in Dallas so who knows what would have happened. I know, would've/could've, etc. but Miami isn't winning anything with ease.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Miami in 7.

I love the Mavericks, but this series has just been too close and I don't think Lebron is going to totally disappear. I think Dallas wins tonight and Miami takes the final 2. Dallas is always playing catch-up. They get close, tie it, then fall back, then claw back and tie it, but they never seem to take a good lead.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    Flagg wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Peace

Miami may very well win, but with ease? What makes you say that when the last three games have come down to the final shot? Dirk makes that shot in Game 3 and it is overtime in Dallas so who knows what would have happened. I know, would've/could've, etc. but Miami isn't winning anything with ease.

dallas won the pivotal game 4 with their best player not at his best. miami folded down the stretch when their "best" player went in hiding.

any series that goes 6 games isn't easy.

should be interesting tonight.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    For anyone who likes absurdist youtube music videos, Chris Bosh, or both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGZXw6PqRfI

For anyone who likes absurdist youtube spoken-word videos, Scottie Pippen, or both: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_llmtYgruU
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com