NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I always feel kinda bad when a team wins a championship at the away team's venue.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Oh BTW

teargas, bonfires, flipping cars, rioting in the streets

nice one, Canada

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Congrats Bruins. Wish was the Canucks but it was a hard fought series. B's earned it.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Looks like Nuck fans are going stupid outside the arena.. Dipshits :thumbdown:
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    What a game nice to see TT get the shutout . Stanley Cup Champs WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Well, the '94 riots were bad, I don't think this will be that bad. Cannucks fans aren't the first or only sports fans to riot, whether it be after a win or loss.

Congrats to Boston though. I didn't have a dog in this fight, but I always root for the Original Six team, and if there are two it just depends. So I'm happy, but I didn't have any emotional investment in the series. I noticed a lot of people around here with Vancouver in their avatars, sorry guys :( But congrats to you Boston fans :D
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Props to Kessler on Vancouver one of the few I respect on that team. He is a beast and showed no quit in the 3rd period and I think he was pretty hurt as well.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,577
    g under p wrote:
    Oh BTW

nice one, Canada

Peace

that is disappointing behavior.
    www.myspace.com
  • g under p wrote:
    Oh BTW

nice one, Canada

Peace

what's disappointing is the Canadian generalization. gimme a break.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Dave Eh wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    Oh BTW

nice one, Canada

Peace

Now you know how Americans feel.
  • lukin2006 wrote:
    Game over...vancouver is the softest finalist i've ever seen, this finals has not been the nhl finest moments.

I think the Canucks thought they were in practice.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Dave Eh wrote:

I've never generalized a whole country/race/religion/etc (just a government, but not its people). but hey, as long as you can rub salt in, might as well, eh?

Congrats Boston! you deserved it! especially since you were the only team out there tonight!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Dave Eh wrote:
    Dave Eh wrote:

I've never generalized a whole country/race/religion/etc (just a government, but not its people). but hey, as long as you can rub salt in, might as well, eh?

Congrats Boston! you deserved it! especially since you were the only team out there tonight!!

I didn't mean you personally, but many do. I was just jacking with you though, as soon as I submitted it I wanted to take it back, I wasn't trying to start a political discussion in the Stanley Cup thread or anything.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    edited June 2011
    g under p wrote:
    Oh BTW

nice one, Canada

Peace

I suppose the states have never had riots...

Edit: actually what an ignorant statement, you do realize we are a huge country. what does someone in Halifax, Toronto or Calgary have to do with whats happening in Vancouver.
    Post edited by lukin2006 on
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I watched this game.
    Not an expert on the game but the Bruins looked very good in defense and were more hungry and physical than the Canucks.
    Just my observation....
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... honestly didn't expect this ... but tim thomas stood on his head and was as mentally tough as a goalie could be ...

congratulations to the B's and to all the bruins fans on this board ... happy for you guys ... feel bad for haffajappa tho ...

and it's sad that vancouver is rioting again ... i really hope it's being blown out of proportion ...
  • I didn't mean you personally, but many do. I was just jacking with you though, as soon as I submitted it I wanted to take it back, I wasn't trying to start a political discussion in the Stanley Cup thread or anything.

yes, many do. many idiots on any side of any border.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    polaris_x wrote:
    wow ... honestly didn't expect this ... but tim thomas stood on his head and was as mentally tough as a goalie could be ...

congratulations to the B's and to all the bruins fans on this board ... happy for you guys ... feel bad for haffajappa tho ...

and it's sad that vancouver is rioting again ... i really hope it's being blown out of proportion ...

Yeah, Thomas was great.

As for the riots, I don't know how bad it is. The signal went out from the live feed, but it would appear that they had just set a parking garage on fire. Before that there were two turned over cars in the street, one on fire.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    On the train now leaving downtown. Mostly idiots my age bragging about it like they conquered something. Basically ppl who headed downtown with the intention to riot. Stupid and embarrassing.

Went down Hamilton to go to waterfront but a crowd surged towards us so we turned to go down Beatty instead. With my friend who worked at the game... Someone fell off the viaduct and someone got stabbed in the neck.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    haffajappa wrote:
    On the train now leaving downtown. Mostly idiots my age bragging about it like they conquered something. Basically ppl who headed downtown with the intention to riot. Stupid and embarrassing.

Went down Hamilton to go to waterfront but a crowd surged towards us so we turned to go down Beatty instead. With my friend who worked at the game... Someone fell off the viaduct and someone got stabbed in the neck.
    shame

glad your ok and sorry for your loss
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Someone got stabbed in the neck? :shock:
    Canuck fan stabbed a Bruin fan?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Not sure we waited it out for a bit before heading out from waterfront... My friends mom phoned to say it was spreading our way so we left (we were waiting for someone who was too scared to leave the restaurant they were at or something stupid)

Not sure how bad it is now... Was with restlesssoul during the game it looked fine we didt even realise a car exploded on the other side of the buildings :S
    haffajappa wrote:
    Not sure we waited it out for a bit before heading out from waterfront... My friends mom phoned to say it was spreading our way so we left (we were waiting for someone who was too scared to leave the restaurant they were at or something stupid)

Not sure how bad it is now... Was with restlesssoul during the game it looked fine we didt even realise a car exploded on the other side of the buildings :S

Is waterfront a part of the city?
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Very sad tonight for a number of reasons :cry: The situation in Vancouver is a real black eye to the city and to the sport.

Congrats to the Bruins and their fans though. It was a well-earned victory. Thomas was outstanding this whole series.

jimed - you got a beer, or two, or three coming your way in September. Cheers :)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Waterfront is the station that is first on the train system right beside the water it eas really quiet there ao my friend and I didntt think it was that bad except for the intersection where the riots started ... But apparently it's gotten pretty bad.

Just idiots making our city look pathetic
    Wow just got off the train in time they just stalled all the trains... On top of it buses and bridges are shut down so ppl are gonna get stranded
  • fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    you'd think guns n roses just cancelled a concert in vancouver or something

the irony of it all = those dipshits would have rioted even if the canucks won. like someone said, a bunch went down there just to riot.

shame on those morons. way to ruin your cities image and the image of the nhl. fucking morons.
    Very sad tonight for a number of reasons :cry: The situation in Vancouver is a real black eye to the city and to the sport.

Congrats to the Bruins and their fans though. It was a well-earned victory. Thomas was outstanding this whole series.

jimed - you got a beer, or two, or three coming your way in September. Cheers :)
    Well saud fifth... Boston def wanted it more.

Like I said it is the small percentage of IDIOTS making the city look bad. We saw a group from chilliwack bragging about it and stuff that's really what it is - even if we won it's ppl traveling into the city with the intention of causing chaos
    Why were the fans booing when that guy was presenting the trophies?
    The boos were not as loud after he stopped talking.
    Why were the fans booing when that guy was presenting the trophies?
    The boos were not as loud after he stopped talking.
    gary bettman.
    ...lol i dont know where to start.
    NO ONE likes him.