NHL 2011 PLAYOFFS

Comments

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Did anyone mention the Penguins clinching the "Worst Penalty Shot of the Year" award? :lol:
    And 4 aweful PPs in that period.
    #FHP
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Heisenberg wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Move Detroit to the East and make an original six division...then we'd be talking rivalry and great hockey :D:D
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Bring Chicago too.. I hate them, but love to play them..

What would "west" hockey be at that point?
    I was praying that LA would win so Detroit would play Chicago. Not because of the rivalry, but because I don't want any 10:30 pm matchups on a weekday. :evil:
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    Horos wrote:
    Did anyone mention the Penguins clinching the "Worst Penalty Shot of the Year" award? :lol:

And 4 awful PPs in that period.

1 for 30 plus a terribly botched penalty shot. Ugh. I hope we play them next round. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Jason P wrote:
    I was praying that LA would win so Detroit would play Chicago. Not because of the rivalry, but because I don't want any 10:30 pm matchups on a weekday. :evil:

If the Canucks win it'll be wings vs sharks and canucks vs predators...both will be good series.

If the wings play the sharks i think there are 3 keys for the wings...good goaltending (goes without saying), their d better move the puck out of their zone quick (might not be easy their d is aged), the longer the series goes it favs the sharks. You could probably say the same if they face the predators.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    kaleta out tonight with a concussion (from another richards hit). grier may also be out.

richards has singlehandedly taken out half of the buffalo roster. he's a machine
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,395
    The Fixer wrote:
    kaleta out tonight with a concussion (from another richards hit). grier may also be out.

richards has singlehandedly taken out half of the buffalo roster. he's a machine

They'll call it the Bodybag Series.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Horos wrote:

And 4 awful PPs in that period.

1 for 30 plus a terribly botched penalty shot. Ugh. I hope we play them next round. :D

yep, as a pens fan you could see they were on borrowed time since croz and malkin have been out. They maintained but most of the wins came on shootouts. The pp is awful and if they somehow win game 7 they will be bounced with ease by the next team.
    Next year though this team should be a beast.

yep, as a pens fan you could see they were on borrowed time since croz and malkin have been out. They maintained but most of the wins came on shootouts. The pp is awful and if they somehow win game 7 they will be bounced with ease by the next team.

That neal kid is scary good.
  • The Fixer wrote:

That neal kid is scary good.

I like him, the goals aren't coming but he plays a great game. he went from brad richards to mark letestu as his center. When he has 87 or 71 on his line he will be pretty good.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Holy shit I cannot wait for game 7 tonight! 9 hours to go...I dont know if I'm going to make it.

BLACKHAWKS!!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Holy shit I cannot wait for game 7 tonight! 7.5 hours to go...I dont know if I'm going to make it.

CANUCKS!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I don't think the Nucks have it in them to win tonight.. Goal tending will once again be an issue..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I don't think the Nucks have it in them to win tonight.. Goal tending will once again be an issue..

I actually don't think goaltending will be the issue. I want to see if Vancouver has grown some guts and start to crash the net.

being a canadian, i kind of want at least 1 Canadian team in the 2nd round lucky for me i think that team will be the habs.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Holy shit I cannot wait for game 7 tonight! 7.5 hours to go...I dont know if I'm going to make it.

CANUCKS!!!

Don't act like you're not nervous. Do you really have confidence that Luongo can win a game 7???
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Holy shit I cannot wait for game 7 tonight! 9 hours to go...I dont know if I'm going to make it.

BLACKHAWKS!!

CANUCKS!!!

:lol::lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    canucks and philly............in 7 :mrgreen:
    ajb
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,486
    Go Bruins Go! :)

And let's hope for a Buffalo & Vancouver win tonight. :P
    demetrios wrote:
    Go Bruins Go! :)

And let's hope for a Buffalo & Vancouver win tonight. :P

yeah, if I was a B's fan I wouldn't want any part of the flyers in round 2 either. we all remember what happened last year ;)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    2 big game 7's tonight.

Whatever happens Im cool. The Sabres werent supposed to make it in. I really feel like they have given their all as they will tonight. If they lose, it will be because they are just short on skill and experience. Very impressed with the effort and a developing team giving an Eastern Conference favorite a run for their money.

They were like 13th around the New Year. Still playing with the house's money.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Due to a scheduling conflict, I missed half the game on Sunday night.
    Can anyone tell me how bad the officiating was in the Canucks game? Is it as bad as everyone is saying it is??
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

Don't act like you're not nervous. Do you really have confidence that Luongo can win a game 7???

if he can single handedly beat the entire country of USA and win olympic gold, i think he can handle a first round NHL playoff games 7 against the Shithawks. :D j/k

We will see tonight!!! I dont know what to think, pretty nervous, listening to local pre game shows on the radio with butterflies in the stomach. Good Luck to you! 3hr15 min till puck drop.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    edited April 2011
    haffajappa wrote:
    Can anyone tell me how bad the officiating was in the Canucks game? Is it as bad as everyone is saying it is??

3 REALLY obvious missed calls (high stick, trip, bickel hit on bieksa) and 3 more that could have been called. did you see the Gillis conference steph? i linked it previousl in this thread.
    I feel like i'm going to throw up.
    haffajappa wrote:

3 REALLY obvious missed calls (high stick, trip, bickel hit on bieksa) and 3 more that could have been called. did you see the Gillis conference steph? i linked it previousl in this thread.
    We watched the first half with a couple of indo-canadian guys from Burnaby... the bar owner was a hawks fan, it was a pretty distressing time... I saw Burrows get punched in the face and no call, and we all know for a fact if it was the other way around Burrows would have been in the box.

I heard about the interview but haven't watched it yet. Don Taylor was saying he went to Campbell first? i'll watch it now...
    haffajappa wrote:

people have been calling in saying they feel the same way and cant get any work done.....i was walking around downtown wearing my jersey just now, not much of a vibe, there were many more jerseys out and about being worn earlier in the series. people have lost faith.

yeah he approached Colin Campbell first and told him what he was going to say. he wanted to him to hear it right from him. pretty stand up move, I approved.
    haffajappa wrote:

people have been calling in saying they feel the same way and cant get any work done.....i was walking around downtown wearing my jersey just now, not much of a vibe, there were many more jerseys out and about being worn earlier in the series. people have lost faith.

yeah he approached Colin Campbell first and told him what he was going to say. he wanted to him to hear it right from him. pretty stand up move, I approved.
    yeah tehre was a severe lack of jerseys and shirts in Vegas. Just me, my friend, and a couple others here and there.
    This is a great game 7 Pump Up For Canucks Fans that has been making the rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs57NueOak

Enjoy.
    This is a great game 7 Pump Up For Canucks Fans that has been making the rounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqs57NueOak

Enjoy.
    oh yah i saw it

still wanna throw up thougH!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Hopefully Bieksa is getting good experience for when the Sabres sign him this summer