Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Suziemay wrote:
    Seriously people. Don't give up after 5 minutes of trying! At least try for 30 mins. Was still pulling up singles for Beacon 6/21 at 10:40am.
    yep..i friend score a single at 10:53 am
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I am so sad - didn't know to keep trying so after five minutes figured I, too, had just been too slow entering the security words... Had to step away from the computer then and by the time I read here to keep trying (10:35), it seems no more are available for Philly. :(
    "Shoe the shoeless!" -EV
  • Options
    Yossi wrote:
    In any case, getting tickets shouldn't be a test of wills. I assume it's the type of competitive, strongest survive type of mentality the band is against.

That said, maybe this is the best practical system for distributing tickets to members. I can't imagine it really is, but I suppose maybe. I doubt I've looke into it as much as they have.

I'm not complaining too much, more often than not I do get tickets. It's painful, and sometimes requires hours on the computer, but usually works. This time no such luck - I got to the point of entering my cc info yesterday on the 10c site for the philly show 3 TIMES!!! Error message each time.

I remember sitting out for tickets all night for EC, getting a "lottery ticket," then sitting in the arena only to have my number NOT called. Or, getting on line early to sit in the freezing cold, only each year it gets earlier and earlier as the summer concerts went on sale in March in the Northeast.

As frustrating as this is, it probably is the best at this point. The only other alternative is to use an auction system and/or jack up the price so high it eliminates the demand. I don't think anyone wants that. Now if we could just figure out how to completely get rid of the brokers....

To those that think they got bad seats - I think most of these theaters are 2,500-4,000 seat venues. I'm not sure there are bad seats. And, quite frankly, I'd rather be in the balcony than the last row of the main section. You'll be closer to the stage and over it so you can hopefully see everything. Plus, fewer people using the bathrooms in your section! Other than being in the pit, it's probably better than a lot of other spots.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Got Minneapolis tickets at 10:14.....was sitting on the edge of my seat til the whole order went through. Pretty much smack dab in the middle of the theater. Not bad. Thanks to 10C for a second chance!
    pjpladsen
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    Seriously people. Don't give up after 5 minutes of trying! At least try for 30 mins. Was still pulling up singles for Beacon 6/21 at 10:40am.

What code did you use?

The one that was emailed. Same code for both Beacon shows.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

What code did you use?

The one that was emailed. Same code for both Beacon shows.

Thanks, i keepp getting this message:
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.
    which leads me to believe its not sold out.
    Ill keep tryin.
  • Options
    CarliCarli Posts: 1
    Usually lurk around here.. but just wanted to throw this out there. It took me 20 minutes (10:20) to snag tickets to the Chicago show. Box seats... Good luck to the rest of you!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Thanks, i keepp getting this message:
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.
    which leads me to believe its not sold out.
    Ill keep tryin.

For the 2008 Pearl Jam tour, I got MSG tickets like 8 hours after they were first posted. Not sure how that happens. Granted they were nosebleeds but I got in!! Not suggesting you try for the next 8 hours, but I sometimes tickets show up. But definitely when they are first posted, I find I have to try for at least 30 mins-1 hour. Good luck!!
  • Options
    lillwild1lillwild1 Posts: 32
    We got into Minneapolis and st louis after 20 minutes. I can't believe it! Front and center.
    Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear your favours nor your hate.
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    lillwild1 wrote:
    We got into Minneapolis and st louis after 20 minutes. I can't believe it! Front and center.
    shut the front door!!!!! That's awesome.
  • Options
    lillwild1lillwild1 Posts: 32
    EmBleve wrote:
    lillwild1 wrote:

I know! We'll be selling the Minneapolis tickets for exact cost because that's the only way to play. I said a little prayer to my daughter Amy, and she helped us out. I'm still laughing and crying. I know, idiot first time poster, but I don't care. I've loved PJ and Eddie from the first and finally decided to do 10 club. Now, here I am seeing Eddie Vedder. I'm new here so can anyone help me put the Minneapolis tickets up?
    Speak then to me, who neither beg nor fear your favours nor your hate.
  • Options
    lillwild1 wrote:
    EmBleve wrote:
    lillwild1 wrote:

I know! We'll be selling the Minneapolis tickets for exact cost because that's the only way to play. I said a little prayer to my daughter Amy, and she helped us out. I'm still laughing and crying. I know, idiot first time poster, but I don't care. I've loved PJ and Eddie from the first and finally decided to do 10 club. Now, here I am seeing Eddie Vedder. I'm new here so can anyone help me put the Minneapolis tickets up?
    :) Beginner's luck. :lol: actually, I don't think you can...there are other comments on other threads about that.
  • Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank to the Ten Club for giving us a second chance. Finally got some tickets for CN and hoping for a great night. Best fan club ever for taking such good care of us!!
  • Options
    freshymadfreshymad Posts: 54
    I tried for Chicago tics but didn't get them. It's like sticking our hands in a super-sized pile of hay and hoping to pull out a needle .... and we are addicted!

I snagged front row seats to the Vote For Change tour way back, so I have had my moment. I just have to know that there is at least one person who has never seen Ed live and it will be the experience of a lifetime. I hope they are sitting in my seat! Have a great time everyone!
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    I haven't used TM in a long time, so refresh my memory. Will they make a distinction between "No exact matches found" and "Sold out?" 'Cause as long as it says that other tickets may be available, I'm going to keep trying to get my mum tickets to Philly.
  • Options
    freshymad wrote:
    I tried for Chicago tics but didn't get them. It's like sticking our hands in a super-sized pile of hay and hoping to pull out a needle .... and we are addicted!

I snagged front row seats to the Vote For Change tour way back, so I have had my moment.

aw. Sorry. :cry: Me, neither. The Vote for Change tour.....I had 10th row seats for that one-closest I've ever been and that was freaking awesome!!!
  • Options
    shmap wrote:
    I haven't used TM in a long time, so refresh my memory. Will they make a distinction between "No exact matches found" and "Sold out?" 'Cause as long as it says that other tickets may be available, I'm going to keep trying to get my mum tickets to Philly.
    somebody on another thread said that TM never says 'sold out'.
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    EmBleve wrote:
    shmap wrote:
    somebody on another thread said that TM never says 'sold out'.

Thanks! That's absolutely ridiculous. No wonder I don't use the stupid thing anymore.
  • Options
    SM228170SM228170 Posts: 24
    does anyone see the pre sale icon when loggeed into TM for the San Diego show on July 5th???
    Warfield Theater - May 15, 1992, Greek Theatre - Oct 31, 1993, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Sep 24, 1996 Merriweather Post Pavilion -Sep 18, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998, Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 31, 2000, MGM Grand - Jun 06, 2003, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium -Jul 16, 2006, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006, Zellerbach Hall April 07, 2008 (EV) Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006, Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009 Copley Symphony Hall - July 05, 2011 (EV)
  • Options
    jmcjcjmcjc Posts: 90
    i never got a code. is there a promo code for ticketmaster? help, please!

sacramento , 10/30/00
    - bridge schools-
    san francisco, 7/15/06
    (berkley #1 - 4/7/08)- Ed tour
    universal city, 2009
    (oakland #1- 7/11/11) -Ed tour
  • Options
    for those who have scored TM tickets for Benaroya, here's the detailed seating chart (PDF)

http://www.seattlesymphony.org/_dwn/Tap ... detail.pdf

if you've been to benaroya, you'll know that any seat is amazing for sound, but the top two tiers, especially the highest, aren't the best for views.

the best seats in the house - other than the first few rows - are actually first tier towards the front.

good luck!
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11
  • Options
    anybody have luck with LA? I couldn't even pull up a single. Santa Barbara had scattered singles and one shitty pair, which I threw back. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow for the public onsale.
  • Options
    Well, I didn't score the best seat, but I got a seat. Going to the Oakland show at the Paramount Theater.
    Tried forever to get a pair and simply gave up. Tried to get a single many times and finally one came up for Orchestra Rear. I'm there though. I'm sure I'll meet some cool people to hang with. PJ fans are always the best.
  • Options
    SM228170SM228170 Posts: 24
    Landed 2 San Diego tix, but they are mezzanine... I'll take them, but expected better seats for pre sale... Guess TM has set aside all the good seats for their scalper agencies...
    Warfield Theater - May 15, 1992, Greek Theatre - Oct 31, 1993, Merriweather Post Pavilion - Sep 24, 1996 Merriweather Post Pavilion -Sep 18, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998, Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 31, 2000, MGM Grand - Jun 06, 2003, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium -Jul 16, 2006, Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 18, 2006, Zellerbach Hall April 07, 2008 (EV) Gibson Amphitheater - Sep 30, 2009, Gibson Amphitheater - Oct 01, 2009 Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006, Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009 Copley Symphony Hall - July 05, 2011 (EV)
  • Options
    KevinZedKevinZed Posts: 26
    I tried for 30 minutes for Seattle and never pulled a single ticket. The general onsale tomorrow awaits...
  • Options
    levyhitlevyhit Posts: 22
    anyone see a Long Beach presale...? did they even have one?
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    for those who have scored TM tickets for Benaroya, here's the detailed seating chart (PDF)

if you've been to benaroya, you'll know that any seat is amazing for sound, but the top two tiers, especially the highest, aren't the best for views.

the best seats in the house - other than the first few rows - are actually first tier towards the front.

good luck!

Thanks for the detailed view! I got third tier row A seats 20 and 21 and they look like they might be alright from your post :)
  • Options
    FYI - It took ~40 minutes (and countless page refreshes) until I was able to snag an Oakland ticket.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    What was weird for me is that when I used my Safari browser, the onsale never showed for the LA or Long Beach shows, just Santa Barbara. When I use Chrome, everything works fine, but I still never pulled up one ticket for LA. Long Beach was easier, plenty of Orchestra pairs, but I just can't deal with the one hour drive midweek.
  • Options
    you should have a great view, though this could be a bit of staring straight down at Ed, but certainly not far away. depending on speaker placement, though, you might end up with a HUGE set of speakers dangling close in front of you, which can be good or bad for sound. It won't obstruct your view, though.
    ValleyGal wrote:

good luck!

Thanks for the detailed view! I got third tier row A seats 20 and 21 and they look like they might be alright from your post :)
    "A compliment for us, is a compliment for you."
    Vancouver '05, Denver I/II '06, Gorge I/II '06, MSG I/II '08, VH1 Rock Honors '08, Seattle I/II '09, Vancouver '11
    EV: Portland '11, Seattle Benaroya I/II '11