Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2011 US TOUR

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    I just did some mapquest and Southwest airline searching and I think there is literally no hope for me to make it to one of these shows. Air fare is more expensive than usual on the searches I did for june/july, and the closest show driving distance is 800 miles (two days each way by myself, wife can't go during the weekdays) to San Diego or Long Beach, not factoring any hotel costs. I drove out there in '03 for the Riot Act tour, but also hit the Vegas and Phoenix shows on my way back and had family to stay with in SD for free at the time. Not the case anymore.

I'm sad. :( :cry:
    I spent yesterday doing the same thing. I was trying to do Philly, really thought that I would be able to pull it off, but I just don't have the money to do it. Really sucks - I really need a PJ/Ed trip right now
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hockeygrrl wrote:
    This is going to be such a hard decision for me. I have never seen Ed solo, and he's going to be at the magnificent Fox Theater in Detroit...but what if I buy tickets and then they announce the sale for PJ20 in the coming days/weeks? I'm not rich. But, what if I pass up the EV tix, and then the PJ20 show ends up being ridiculously expensive or just insanely impossible for me to get to and I miss out on everything??? ARGH. I don't know what to do....grrrrrr

suggestion ... skip the 10C presale for detroit ... buy tickets on TM as there is a chance they will be better seats than the ones you get from 10C ... that way you can sell them if you have to ... i suspect you will get face value as long as they aren't the worst seats in the house ...

also ... another suggestion would be to wait it out as there are always single tickets to EV shows leading up to the engagement ...

what i'm concerned with is the staggered sale tomorrow ... advantage definitely goes to the boston/hartford peeps as if they get shut out ... they can try for other dates ... if I want NYC and can't get it - my next choice is Hartford but by the time i know - it'll already be sold out ...
  • Options
    Eddie, you've got to add a date north of the border in Toronto. We've been deprived of you (and your cohorts) for too long -- since August 2009 when you boys rocked the Molson Amphitheatre. Please consider it! We'd love to have you
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Man i really wish he was coming up to TO.

I was originally going to pass this time around, but after some debate today i decided i'm going for Hartford tix tomorrow. Looks like about a 6.5 hr drive which is pretty doable.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    Going to try to make St. Louis..
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    TK57376 wrote:
    It's a intimate solo tour........dah! Ed will play where he wants and that's it. It's very clear we plays a majority of his gigs in Cali so he can get into the water as much as possible. Those of you who don't surf wouldn't understand nor do I expect you to. He likes the coasts, but other than the Cubbies there's no alure to the mid-west. Texas......seriously why bother. Do yourself favor and get out of the miserable humidity and see a show in the beautiful pacific northwest. Quit your whining and do something about it. :P

Why bother with Texas? Because he has fans here. They make a musician's career.

PJ haven't toured through the south in 8 years. I've spent thousands of dollars on flights, hotels, gas, food, etc. to see them in NY, Boston, Hartford, and Florida in the meantime. A lot of us actually do something about it, as you and many others love to suggest. Some of us just can't do it over and over. It's expensive. And frustrating. We have other obligations, like families, to consider now. I'm not in college anymore. I simply cannot travel on a whim like I used to. Like so many others have said, I don't know why I get amped up about the announcements when it's the same thing time and again - no shows in the south.

I'll keep paying my $40 membership fee and hoping things will change, but time isn't so kind. Chances will eventually run out.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    whitepants wrote:
    The other thing I want to state is that if there's anyone who wants to buddy up with me in buying my second ticket, that would be cool. My membership number is 149xxx. So, drop me a pm if you want my second ticket.

Your 10 club membership no. doesn't mean a thing. The tickets to the EV solo shows are randomly allocated e.g not based on seniority. :|
  • Options
    Hi! So I'd like to purchase tickets for Ed's show at the Tower In phila. tomorrow Tue 3/29 11am Pacific.
    I'm on the East coast, New Jersey. Would someone please tell me what time I will be trying for these tickets...Please.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Out.Of.My.Mind
    I'm alive

Phila. 03. Camden nights 1&2 03. Hershey 03. Boston 04. Reading 04. St Louis 04. Montreal 05. Ottawa 05. AC 05. Phila. 05. NY Letterman Show 06. E Rutherford nights 1&2 06. Camden nights 1&2 06. Denver nights 1&2 06. Hawaii 06. Grant Park, Chicago 07. Van Couver 08.(EV Solo) Camden nights 1&2 08. NY nights 1&2 08. Hartford 08. Mansfield 08. Newark 08.(EV Solo) Phila. nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Baltimore nights 1&2 09.(EV Solo) Honolulu night 2 09.(EV Solo) Salt Lake City 09. Phila Spectrum 10/27 10/28 & 10/31/09. Newark, NJ 05.18.10
  • Options
    Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    so just wondering after reading that chicago theater only holds 3500 or so, why would he play such a small venue.. are the rest of the venues this small

would like to get a ticket to chicago, but with so little available, its gonna be mental, website to crash also, but heres hoping
  • Options
    smithdersmithder Posts: 1
    Fatal wrote:
    Man i really wish he was coming up to TO.

I was originally going to pass this time around, but after some debate today i decided i'm going for Hartford tix tomorrow. Looks like about a 6.5 hr drive which is pretty doable.

You should go to the Fox in Det. It will only be able a 3 hour drive and its a great venue to see a small show!
  • Options
    wabela24wabela24 Posts: 20
    if i reneewed my ten club memebership the other day...am i eligible for ev solo tour tix?...
    it expired march 10...but i had tilll june till i lost my seniority...
  • Options
    wabela24 wrote:
    if i reneewed my ten club memebership the other day...am i eligible for ev solo tour tix?...
    it expired march 10...but i had tilll june till i lost my seniority...

We are happy to announce a special Ten Club only ticket pre-sale for members active as of Thursday, March 24th at 11:59pm Pacific. Sorry, If you are not already a member you will not be eligible for the pre-sale.
  • Options
    wabela24wabela24 Posts: 20
    i read that ... i want to know if i was still considered active even though it expired cause it said i have till june to renew
  • Options
    So, the presale happens here at the TenC site in the goods section, correct?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    wabela24 wrote:
    i read that ... i want to know if i was still considered active even though it expired cause it said i have till june to renew

Email the Ten Club and ask?
  • Options

Correct. In the Tickets section. Why the hell am I answering all these questions? I'm in Australia and have just had my EV solo shows. :lol:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Hi! So I'd like to purchase tickets for Ed's show at the Tower In phila. tomorrow Tue 3/29 11am Pacific.
    I'm on the East coast, New Jersey. Would someone please tell me what time I will be trying for these tickets...Please.
    Out.Of.My.Mind
    11 am pacific is 2pm eastern :)
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    in the goods section under tickets
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    metsfan wrote:
    Out.Of.My.Mind

Yes, that time is correct, and that will be the exact time i'll be at WORK!!! No chance to score tickets. Same with the public sale(10:00 A.M. Friday). How fast will this sellout? I don't like my chances for that Tower show. Especially when you don't even get a chance to score tickets.> :x
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    metsfan wrote:
    Out.Of.My.Mind

Is this just a poke at New Jersians? :) If you can't figure out what time tickets go on sale and don't know about these things called "time zones" (you're only 3 of them ahead of Seattle time), personally, I don't think you really deserve a shot at tickets. :lol::lol::lol:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    TK57376 wrote:
    It's a intimate solo tour........dah! Ed will play where he wants and that's it. It's very clear we plays a majority of his gigs in Cali so he can get into the water as much as possible. Those of you who don't surf wouldn't understand nor do I expect you to. He likes the coasts, but other than the Cubbies there's no alure to the mid-west. Texas......seriously why bother. Do yourself favor and get out of the miserable humidity and see a show in the beautiful pacific northwest. Quit your whining and do something about it. :P

Why bother with Texas? Because he has fans here. They make a musician's career.

PJ haven't toured through the south in 8 years. I've spent thousands of dollars on flights, hotels, gas, food, etc. to see them in NY, Boston, Hartford, and Florida in the meantime. A lot of us actually do something about it, as you and many others love to suggest. Some of us just can't do it over and over. It's expensive. And frustrating. We have other obligations, like families, to consider now. I'm not in college anymore. I simply cannot travel on a whim like I used to. Like so many others have said, I don't know why I get amped up about the announcements when it's the same thing time and again - no shows in the south.

I'll keep paying my $40 membership fee and hoping things will change, but time isn't so kind. Chances will eventually run out.

Well said, sir! I'm tired of people acting like if you wanna go, you should spend $1000 and go! We can't all do it! I'd love to be able to, but just can't justify spending that much money for a 2 hour concert these days. I feel your pain. :(
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    I like the staggered pre sale times. Have they always done this?
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264

It'll still be ugly! :( :? :D
  • Options
    I'm thinking it's not gonna be as bad tomorrow as it has in the past. This one pair per customer thing just might be the ticket.
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 448
    Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I plan on buying a pair of tickets for the Philly show...and it appears as though tickets have already been on sale...if this is the case, I wonder what the 10C pool of tickets is like.

http://www.philadelphia-theater.com/the ... e%20Vedder
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    StevieG73 wrote:
    Not sure if this has been covered in this thread, but I plan on buying a pair of tickets for the Philly show...and it appears as though tickets have already been on sale...if this is the case, I wonder what the 10C pool of tickets is like.

::link to ticket broker site removed::

That looks like a ticket broker site. Those tickets probably belonged to season ticket holders who decided to sell them for this event. Don't worry - tickets haven't officially gone on sale yet.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Not always, but they have done it for the last few tours. :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 448
    Better Dan wrote:
    StevieG73 wrote:

::link to ticket broker site removed::

That looks like a ticket broker site. Those tickets probably belonged to season ticket holders who decided to sell them for this event. Don't worry - tickets haven't officially gone on sale yet.

Makes perfect sense....thanks!
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,625
    im going to try for benaroya
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,744
    Is this just a poke at New Jersians? :) If you can't figure out what time tickets go on sale and don't know about these things called "time zones" (you're only 3 of them ahead of Seattle time), personally, I don't think you really deserve a shot at tickets. :lol::lol::lol:

There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people that ask them. :lol:;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16