Options

ITS ALPINE...JUST GOT OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin

I'm not an east coaster and Wisconsin is bullshit. It makes it way to expensive for me to attend. flight to milwaukee or chicago for labor day weekend + rental car + every hotel in a 20 mile radius already being booked.... fuck that.

I'm going to hold out for rumored shows in Montreal and Toronto... spend some time with good friends in a city - not in butfuck nowhere wisconsin - where i have access to things like public transit so I can get loaded at the show and not worry about driving out of there, a free place to stay, and plenty of awesome bars.

Sounds like DMB20 might be a better fit for you.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    After reading 9 pages of BS and people slagging each other off on a thread that confirms NOTHING, I can't wait to see what you all put when the weekend actually does get confirmed.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:
    After reading 9 pages of BS and people slagging each other off on a thread that confirms NOTHING, I can't wait to see what you all put when the weekend actually does get confirmed.

oh i said ..when this all goes down..between location and tickets selling out and prices and location of seats ...... and servors down...gonna be crazy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    After reading this, I don't see Alpine Valley as the answer.

http://gazettextra.com/news/2011/mar/01/camping-okd-alpine-valley/

Shaw needed town and county approvals for a campground of 75 sites located in the green lot, east of the ticket sales booth.

deputies would be on site 24 hours a day when the campground is occupied.

Campground rules include no barefoot walking, no campfires, lights out at 2 a.m., no charcoal grilling, no vending or fireworks, no pets and no glass bottles or kegs.

Attendance at any concert shall not exceed 35,600.

-- Concerts should normally end at 11 p.m. but never go beyond midnight.

-- If a concert with multiple artists is eight hours or more, concerts cannot be scheduled the day before or the day after.

A surcharge of $1.90 will be attached to each ticket to pay for extra police protection, traffic control and refuse collection.

very, VERY interesting sir!!!!!!!!!!! after reading this i don't think Alpine will be the place either...unless they are willing to let PJ break the rules.....but by the sound of it, WI is a fucking police state!! doesn't sound like the place for a PJ fest to me.
    Dude- this is why you don't camp here.

Plus, extra police protection will consist of rent-a-pigs consisting of no more than 15 people for the entire Elkhorn area.
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRLGTFLYGIRL NewYork Posts: 728
    TWENTY years of following this band around the country... i believe nothing until tickets and dates and shows are officially announced... even then the stuff doesnt always happen!!! I've had tickets "going on sale" and the onsale date changed that day... as i stood outside a "sock store" that had a TM vendor inside... in the dead of winter!!! (loooong time ago...) HELL! I've had tickets in hand and hotels and flights booked.... and shows canceled when i was at the airport... it's all good though... it's all part of the ride.....

wherever it is... i'll be there...

PJ20!! ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,486
    It's likely they have these dates reserved at Alpine however it is very likely that they have the same dates reserved at 2 other venues as well. Jeff specifically said that Kelly Curtis is travelling to all the possible locations in late March to collect all info needed and then when every band member gets together in April they will decide on the location. Sounds to me like it is far from official. Wish we knew what the other 2 venues were!
    +1
    And it could just be for regular PJ shows, and not the "festival." Alpine, or any other amphitheater where only a small percentage of 10C members could get up close seems like a bad choice for celebrating the 20th anniversary IMHO.

And the jail gets the schedule so that they have enough staff and empty cells when Ozzfest rolls through town :lol:
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    MAN THIS IS SO GONNA BLOW UP :lol:

:lol: Thinking the same thing---I can like feel the electricity and sparks shooting out of my laptop. :shock:
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    It is Alpine

This is gonna sound weird but here goes.....the jail up that way gets the show schedule way in advance (not sure why) but its always been accurate...another source is a friend who is a guard and is saying the same thing....take it for what its worth....and its expensive

got any ideas on just how expensive? (ticket cost)?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,379
    I'm not saying shit except :o:o Peoples reactions to this event, PJ is in a no win situation ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I'm not saying shit except :o:o Peoples reactions to this event, PJ is in a no win situation ....

yeah you can't please all the people all the time. Such is life. ;)
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Am I the only one completely entertained by the disgruntled responses of those opposed to possibly traveling to Alpine?

People saying, "yeah well, I'm not gonna go! I'll show you! I'm waaay too good for that bullshit. I can't believe that's where it is. Here would have been the best place!"

Really?
    Really...

Do you really think youre going to take a shit on the rest of our birthday cakes by saying things like that? Does it make you feel less shitty in doing so? Knowing you're going to miss an amazing, once in a lifetime event, put on by a band we love and fully support?

Why do you feel the need to even spew your madness? You just look like a fool... A fucking fool that is going to miss out on memories and great times with fans.

This!!!

I could give two shits where this is gonna happen, b/c all the cool peeps like the following who are super-psyched to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event: the dude in SD who NEVER gets a show in his backyard so he goes to the mountain; our good friend Dimi and the rest of our friends across the big pond who aren't getting PJ20 on their soil; and last but not least, Jen for reminding me that wherever this event occurs, no one is shitting on my cake b/c I will be there!

Anyone else remember how hard it was to get tickets in 1996 (ok, dating myself a little here)? You think getting tickets for 35,600-capacity venue is gonna be hard? PLEASE! Try getting a ticket to a 5,000-capacity Savage Hall in Toledo OH!

Oh, and the term Randy BoBandy is looking for isn't Buttf#ck Wisconsin...it's Wisbumblef#ck.
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....straight from the mouth of an Alpine employee who has seen the schedule...so frigging psyched..lolla than this? what a summer. :D

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Looks like I'm all set.

Rooms(2 adjoining) at Alpine Valley Resort........Check
    Travel by car...........................................Check
    Spending money.......................................Check

I just need tickets now!!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    It is Alpine

This is gonna sound weird but here goes.....the jail up that way gets the show schedule way in advance (not sure why) but its always been accurate...another source is a friend who is a guard and is saying the same thing....take it for what its worth....and its expensive

More than you are probably expecting. They will definitely be more expensive per show than any other PJ show. Especially if there are other top headlining acts involved.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    It's likely they have these dates reserved at Alpine however it is very likely that they have the same dates reserved at 2 other venues as well. Jeff specifically said that Kelly Curtis is travelling to all the possible locations in late March to collect all info needed and then when every band member gets together in April they will decide on the location. Sounds to me like it is far from official. Wish we knew what the other 2 venues were!

I concur
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,147
    Black73 wrote:

Anyone else remember how hard it was to get tickets in 1996 (ok, dating myself a little here)? You think getting tickets for 35,600-capacity venue is gonna be hard? PLEASE! Try getting a ticket to a 5,000-capacity Savage Hall in Toledo OH!

Hahaha...that was a great show though.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    [This!!!

that was a killer post by wes.c.addle :)

IAnyone else remember how hard it was to get tickets in 1996 (ok, dating myself a little here)? You think getting tickets for 35,600-capacity venue is gonna be hard? PLEASE!

haha. yep. I remember going to a mall in 98 at 4 am to wait in line for TM booth to open, being 5th in line and waiting for hours. Those were the days. :D and still got shitty seats but snuck up after the show started and some guy gave me the seat beside him up close... Still have the gap carpenter jeans I wore to that show--complete with the hole in the knee that resulted when the show started and I wasn't in my seat yet, carrying two beers--I start running--tripped and fell putting a hole in my jeans in the knee--and didn't spill hardly a drop of the beers! :lol:
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:

More than you are probably expecting.

:| not good. I don't really know what to expect. I mean like $300 is much different than $1500 know what I'm saying. :)
  • Options
    mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    Am I the only one completely entertained by the disgruntled responses of those opposed to possibly traveling to Alpine?

People saying, "yeah well, I'm not gonna go! I'll show you! I'm waaay too good for that bullshit. I can't believe that's where it is. Here would have been the best place!"

Really?
    Really...

Do you really think youre going to take a shit on the rest of our birthday cakes by saying things like that? Does it make you feel less shitty in doing so? Knowing you're going to miss an amazing, once in a lifetime event, put on by a band we love and fully support?

Why do you feel the need to even spew your madness? You just look like a fool... A fucking fool that is going to miss out on memories and great times with fans.

I like how everyone who lives within an hour drive of this thing thinks everyone else is bitter about it. No hate or disrespect implied (I can only speak for myself) on this one. I would just rather see Ed solo close to home and *hopefully* PJ as a whole in Boston as well by the end of the year. God forbid I have an opinion :roll:
  • Options
    mcthud wrote:

Really?
    Really...

I like how everyone who lives within an hour drive of this thing thinks everyone else is bitter about it. No hate or disrespect implied (I can only speak for myself) on this one. I would just rather see Ed solo close to home and *hopefully* PJ as a whole in Boston as well by the end of the year. God forbid I have an opinion :roll:

I live 14 hours away and am killing myself to be there. Then I think of the people on the other side of the ocean who want to be there, too, so I'm not bitchin. :cry:
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin

Oh they will be coming....I have been to plenty of PJ shows and they travel well. Especially Alpine is only an hour and a half from Chicago. They can make a mini vacation out of it.
  • Options
    mcthud wrote:

Really?
    Really...

ms. high and mighty doesn't want you to
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    boyo79 wrote:

oh i said ..when this all goes down..between location and tickets selling out and prices and location of seats ...... and servors down...gonna be crazy
    Neilybabes86 aka Kelly Curtis is right on this one.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

Oh they will be coming....I have been to plenty of PJ shows and they travel well. Especially Alpine is only an hour and a half from Chicago. They can make a mini vacation out of it.

:lol: yes, we will be coming.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    boyo79 wrote:

Neilybabes86 aka Kelly Curtis is right on this one.

oh my lord...i'am gona sit back with a cold one and just stare
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    To all of you: I apologize for opening my mouth in the first place. Every time I read another confirmation for Alpine Valley I get a little more frustrated, because Alpine Valley on Labour Day weekend does not work for me, and I really really really wanted to go.
    WaveRyder wrote:
    boo fuckin hoo dude. i live in South Dakota. Dont tell me it costs too much to travel to see PJ. No excuses. Get there.

Dude, I gaurentee you I have spent more money traveling to see Pearl Jam than a lot of people on this board would even dream of, but unfortunately I cannot justify the money to head to Alpine Valley when I can do Montreal and Toronto for so much cheaper. And this pisses me off.

In 08, I flew to Toronto and took a 16 hour bus ride (that was supposed to be 8) to NYC for the MSG shows.

In 09 I flew to Toronto for the show so I could take my brother cause he couldn't even afford the ticket on his own, and he works at the fucking Amp!

In 10, I drove 6 hours to New Orleans and got gouged by Jazzfest price hikes. On top of that, 2 weeks later I flew to Boston, and drove to Hartford to catch 2 more shows.

Don't talk to me about spending money to see the jam.

Really?
    Really...

I agree, I do look like a fool for my post, and I apologize I am frustrated - and I am happy for you that PJ fest will be in your backyard. It must be nice. But I have to ask how you would feel if I told you PJ were playing there festival at Flatonia, Texas, which is about 90 minutes outside of Houston, in rural no where? I think you would have similar emotions... sorry they got the best of me.
    benjs wrote:
    If you were an East Coaster would Wisconsin still be bullshit? And how about the Gorge, would that be bullshit? Same question, as if you were an East Coaster again. How could one location please everyone within a country of an area of 3.79 million square miles? Now add your friendly neighbours up North. Now those under you in South America. Now those across the pond.

I plan on enjoying my stay in Buttfuck, Wisconsin; and feel as though someone like you might encroach on my ability to do so. Hope you don't bring your bad vibes to Montreal or Toronto though!

That is completely unnecessary. I will go to Toronto and Montreal and have a blast at the Peel Pub and Moe's in MTL, and hit all my fav spots in DT T.O like McVeighs, the Horseshoe, Sneeky Disease, etc, etc...

I live in the south, I never get a show in my backyard, I always have to travel. However I like to travel in a city. I'm sorry that it makes things a little easier on the budget. Access to hotels and friends couches....

I'll make sure to avoid you in Toronto and Montreal, I'll be having too great a time to even register that most people are there.

I would love to go to the Gorge. I've always wanted to see the place, and I was hoping PJ 20 would be there, where there is no roof, and preferred seating, just one big open stage. I strongly disklike ampitheatres unless I'm under the roof, cause the lawn always sounds terrible. No matter what, it always sound terrible. And unfortunately the lawn at Alpine is huge, and I gaurentee you that seats under the roof are going to be very very expensive and difficult to get. Mind you I would buy them from 10C, but I don't think I'll get the opportunity when the server crashes for 60,000 ten clubbers trying to buy about 4000 available tickets.

Me me me.. Listen to yourself.. I hope you have fun in Montreal and Toronto>> you will not be missed in Wisconsin!! Me and some awesome PJ fans are gonna be having the time of our lives, and the cost and what we each had to sacrifice to be there will get get brought up once.. just before we thank god that we are not in Canada

To you, just sorry. You're right, I am only thinking about me, but that's because if I don't look out for myself, who else will?

Enjoy your time in WI. I am sure that it will be a blast, and that's why I'm so pissed, because I know it will be fun and I wanted to go.

And I can't wait to get back to Canada, I was born and raised there and hold a Canadian passport. It is the greatest place on earth. You're missing out if you think otherwise.

Unforunately WI is just too expensive for travel at this point. Flights for me on labour day weekend are 500 + taxes, then when you factor in tickets, and that all the hotels are already booked, and the rental car - plus food and bevyy's... I can't do it. So yea, I'm pissed off I can't go. For me to do Toronto-Montreal, I can drop in on a bunch of good friends I haven't seen in a while, couch surf for free, and hop the train between the cities... it works out well for me.

Again guys, sorry, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, it just frustrates me to all hell cause I was going to do this thing.

I'll shut up now
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:

When you factor in how much this 3 day weekend is actually going to cost(I don't think most actually get it) and how out of the way people will have to stay, the demand will be far less than you think. Not to mention it will most likely be on Labor Day Weekend, a weekend people already may be traveling on or have plans. A lot of kids start football that weekend so parents may have a hard time getting out of that. There are a lot of things that make this show inconvenient for people.
    Member 164xxx

More to Come....
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353
    mcthud wrote:

Really?
    Really...

Actually shes over 3 hours away. ;)
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    To all of you: I apologize for opening my mouth in the first place. I live in the south, I never get a show in my backyard, I always have to travel.
    Don't apologize bro....I'm in the south, too, and don't have the money to travel much to see them, and they haven't been close to me since 2004(and I was there). You have been to some kick ass shows.

Unforunately WI is just too expensive for travel at this point. Flights for me on labour day weekend are 500 + taxes, then when you factor in tickets, and that all the hotels are already booked, and the rental car - plus food and bevyy's... I can't do it.

I can totally relate to this and I am worried about it too...it is going to make me sick if I can't go so you're not alone. :D
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Black73 wrote:

When you factor in how much this 3 day weekend is actually going to cost(I don't think most actually get it) and how out of the way people will have to stay, the demand will be far less than you think. Not to mention it will most likely be on Labor Day Weekend, a weekend people already may be traveling on or have plans. A lot of kids start football that weekend so parents may have a hard time getting out of that. There are a lot of things that make this show inconvenient for people.
    Totally agree- whole total cost will prob be close to $1000 for out-of-towners (tickets/plane/hotel/food/merch)...
    I still want to go....
    :)