Options

ITS ALPINE...JUST GOT OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION

Comments

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353
    It's likely they have these dates reserved at Alpine however it is very likely that they have the same dates reserved at 2 other venues as well. Jeff specifically said that Kelly Curtis is travelling to all the possible locations in late March to collect all info needed and then when every band member gets together in April they will decide on the location. Sounds to me like it is far from official. Wish we knew what the other 2 venues were!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin
    Its not that I don't like the location (i love cheese) it's mostly the date/timing. You ever get invited to a wedding on a major holiday like the 4th of July or new years? Total hassle.
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    It's likely they have these dates reserved at Alpine however it is very likely that they have the same dates reserved at 2 other venues as well. Jeff specifically said that Kelly Curtis is travelling to all the possible locations in late March to collect all info needed and then when every band member gets together in April they will decide on the location. Sounds to me like it is far from official. Wish we knew what the other 2 venues were!
    regarding your UN, but they did the theme to South Park.
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    It is Alpine

This is gonna sound weird but here goes.....the jail up that way gets the show schedule way in advance (not sure why) but its always been accurate...another source is a friend who is a guard and is saying the same thing....take it for what its worth....and its expensive
  • Options
    SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin
    Its not that I don't like the location (i love cheese) it's mostly the date/timing. You ever get invited to a wedding on a major holiday like the 4th of July or new years? Total hassle.

book now..ill buy you a Guinness...planning my friend..planning
  • Options
    Who gives a sh*t where it is, seriously!!!

But I'm lost anywhere past the california/arizona border...is there a campground at alpine? RV spaces? or are we confined to shitty hotels for 20+/night at 10+ miles away?
    ***We all Believe***
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Sawyer wrote:

I live on the east coast and I'm still coming... :roll:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Sawyer wrote:
    It is Alpine

This is gonna sound weird but here goes.....the jail up that way gets the show schedule way in advance (not sure why) but its always been accurate...another source is a friend who is a guard and is saying the same thing....take it for what its worth....and its expensive
    why the jail? So the inmates can do a flashmob dance to Given to Fly? :lol:
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892

I agree with this. I dont doubt the sources, but I do doubt that it's final.

We'll see. Alpine works for me.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    WISCONSIN!! COME SMELL OUR DAIRY AIR :lol:

It could be in Oklahoma, I would still go
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    NarcisoNarciso Posts: 194
    GORGE! Keep it home.
    Slipped on a curb in the road.
  • Options

I have a tshirt that says that..... :|

BRING IT ON BITCHES!!!
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,353
    Also keep in mind that DMB has also been planning a 3 day festival there as well. There is a reason it hasnt been announced yet because they are looking at other options. Why? Because last month the Town and County that Alpine is located in put all kinds of restrictions on these proposed festivals. Yes they approved camping however they limited it to approximitly 400 campers only. They also made a restriction stating that if an event lasted 8 hours or more then there couldnt be an event the day before or the day after. Ever since the bands got that news im pretty sure they began looking at other options. i.e. different locations.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,900
    edited March 2011
    Sawyer wrote:
    It is Alpine

why the jail? So the inmates can do a flashmob dance to Given to Fly? :lol:

Well, as long as the inmates aren't released to be bouncers or guards, sure don't need another Rolling Stones and Hells Angels happening again...(that was a joke, if I offended any inmates I am sorry, if I offended any Hells Angels out there who are 10c members I am really sorry)
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    Sawyer wrote:

+1 on that :mrgreen:
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• Options

I have a tshirt that says that..... :|

BRING IT ON BITCHES!!!
    So does my friend Donny.. hmmm. I have never seen you and Donny in the same place at the same time :o Donny?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    This is a 20th anniversary festival for a band most of us here consider our absolute favourite. Wisconsin, Red Rocks, The Gorge, any random field... who cares? If I can make it, I will, and it will be for the band, for the fans, and to be around other fans who are willing to sing along as loudly as I am, jump, have a good time, and bounce energy off each other.

For sure. Let's meet up!
  • Options
    Cool Face RyanCool Face Ryan Posts: 1,254

I love Oklahoma. My aunt lives there and its great if your right by the city (OKC) like she is
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that DMB has also been planning a 3 day festival there as well. There is a reason it hasnt been announced yet because they are looking at other options. Why? Because last month the Town and County that Alpine is located in put all kinds of restrictions on these proposed festivals. Yes they approved camping however they limited it to approximitly 400 campers only. They also made a restriction stating that if an event lasted 8 hours or more then there couldnt be an event the day before or the day after. Ever since the bands got that news im pretty sure they began looking at other options. i.e. different locations.

Interesting!...400 campers, that will NOT DO...and the speculation continues...
    ***We all Believe***
  • Options
    manutd3581 wrote:

I love Oklahoma. My aunt lives there and its great if your right by the city (OKC) like she is
    I wasn't hating on Oklahoma :lol: I am sure it is lovely.. And your aunt sounds nice too :)
  • Options
    Shit yeah!
    Between the EV dates, the cost of everything, no easy access for some of you east coaster fuckwads, and all the constant bitchin' that pj20 isn't happening in your basement.....
    yea for the rest of us!!!!

"What?!? No cabs??? Dirt???? A fucking hill to have to walk up??????? My pristine microbrew is not at the ideal temp!!!???!!! Camping???"
  • Options
    Shit yeah!
    Between the EV dates, the cost of everything, no easy access for some of you east coaster fuckwads, and all the constant bitchin' that pj20 isn't happening in your basement.....

"What?!? No cabs??? Dirt???? A fucking hill to have to walk up??????? My pristine microbrew is not at the ideal temp!!!???!!! Camping???"

HAHAHAHAHA! Amen :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ***We all Believe***
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    Shit yeah!

I'm cool with most of that, but will need my beer at an ideal temperature. And in appropriate glassware.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Shit yeah!

I'm cool with most of that, but will need my beer at an ideal temperature. And in appropriate glassware.
    I think I've established the fact that my box of wine fits nicely in a pj onesie. I can share.
  • Options
    EasyEEasyE Posts: 66
    Shit yeah!

Very funny. All true except Easy Coasters camp and hike like champs. Don't forget New England and the Adirondacks. Phish threw a blowout fest near the Canadian border in Vermont. It was very wet and dirty and sad. But there were plenty of drugs.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,972
    pjl44 wrote:
    Shit yeah!

Maybe PJ20 beer mugs and a PJ20 beer cozy will be included with the ticket price? :mrgreen:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    It's cool how I'm turning 20 and not 21 this year.
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Hope this is true. Not to bad of a drive for two people from columbus so yeah right on. Plus hookahville has been sucking lately so this makes a great replacement.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    It's cool how I'm turning 20 and not 21 this year.
    Got a fake ID?