shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Bubbles wrote:
    Bubbles wrote:
    one tank of gas. check
    air mattress. check
    tent. check

ain't nothin to it.

just need tickets.

What, you're not going to tow your shed in that go cart of yours bubbles??

:lol:

will you be working the cheeseburger stand

and by working, i mean, eating all the burgers. better leave some for the rest of us Randy.

Oh go back to your yard full of piss jugs bubbles before I call Mr. Lahey cause your trespassin on my cheeseburger stand.

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    i'm fucking sick of people saying OH WELL YOU CAN'T MAKE IT FUCK OFF THEN! =D i REAAAAAAALLY want to go and i'm using my pell grants supposed to be used for school (fuck school this is more important) but you know what, i'm a 22 year old 5'3 little girl who looks like a literal 14 year old who can't sleep in a tent by herself with hundreds of people i don't know because i look like a child so i'm going to have to entice someone big and strong, someone my mom knows, to go with me (and no dad can't go) so i have a FEW more restrictions than most people. the people who are like "ohhhh it's gonna be so expensive i don't think i can do it" are grown people with actual careers and money in the bank but i'm a soon to be college graduate with no money no job and nothing but a hope and a dream and VERY LITTLE money tucked away. not enough to buy a hotel room for "just in case" it's at alpine. the more i hear about telling people "oh well" just because they live somewhere else that would make it difficult for them to get to alpine valley and "well you get shows all the time be quiet i'm glad it's actually an hour away this time" the more likely it is i'm gonna punch one of your precious wisconsin cows in the udder. i would give up all the MSG shows i went to for PJ 20 because msg will happen again, their 20th anniversary won't.

i'm going. i don't care where it is (well maybe a little, i dunno if i can make it to easter island) it's just so fucking difficult when i don't have the luxury of constant income and the ability to save up for this stupid thing nor do i have the luxury of being old enough to rent a car even if i could drive so yeah if i hear someone tell someone who can't make it to fuck off one more time.... fuckin alpine valley....
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Oh go back to your yard full of piss jugs bubbles before I call Mr. Lahey cause your trespassin on my cheeseburger stand.

yeah Bubbles...ya googly eyed bastard!! :lol:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,400
    well, we're roadtripping from Texas no matter where it is. going to see some friends & family along the way. can't wait!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JuneTJuneT Posts: 12
    Sawyer wrote:
    ....straight from the mouth of an Alpine employee who has seen the schedule...so frigging psyched..lolla than this? what a summer. :D

I really wish I'd seen this yesterday, before all the resort rooms and most nearby hotels sold out....oh well, I found an overpriced place to stay. Just need tickets now :)
  • Options
    i'm fucking sick of people saying OH WELL YOU CAN'T MAKE IT FUCK OFF THEN! =D i REAAAAAAALLY want to go and i'm using my pell grants supposed to be used for school (fuck school this is more important) but you know what, i'm a 22 year old 5'3 little girl who looks like a literal 14 year old who can't sleep in a tent by herself with hundreds of people i don't know because i look like a child so i'm going to have to entice someone big and strong, someone my mom knows, to go with me (and no dad can't go) so i have a FEW more restrictions than most people. the people who are like "ohhhh it's gonna be so expensive i don't think i can do it" are grown people with actual careers and money in the bank but i'm a soon to be college graduate with no money no job and nothing but a hope and a dream and VERY LITTLE money tucked away. not enough to buy a hotel room for "just in case" it's at alpine. the more i hear about telling people "oh well" just because they live somewhere else that would make it difficult for them to get to alpine valley and "well you get shows all the time be quiet i'm glad it's actually an hour away this time" the more likely it is i'm gonna punch one of your precious wisconsin cows in the udder. i would give up all the MSG shows i went to for PJ 20 because msg will happen again, their 20th anniversary won't.

i'm going. i don't care where it is (well maybe a little, i dunno if i can make it to easter island) it's just so fucking difficult when i don't have the luxury of constant income and the ability to save up for this stupid thing nor do i have the luxury of being old enough to rent a car even if i could drive so yeah if i hear someone tell someone who can't make it to fuck off one more time.... fuckin alpine valley....

22 year olds can't rent cars??? :wtf:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

pell grant money to go to pj20....fuckin brilliant. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    oh i'm gonna laugh my nuts off if it winds up being in Chi-town!!! Plus i'll be happy as hell! I can go take a pic with the Jordan statue!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 644
    Well, I've started to drink the cool aid...I just book a motel for the 3 nights of Labor Day weekend about 10 miles from Alpine. But I just had to put down a CC number, they are not charging my card and it is cancelable with 15 days notice, so I have an out.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

22 year olds can't rent cars??? :wtf:

from avis.
    Renters between the ages of 21-24 may not rent vehicles in the following car classes:
    Luxury
    Specialty
    Minivans
    Passenger Vans
    Full-Size SUVs
    Premium SUVs

so yes, 22 year old peeps can rent cars, just not hi end cars.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    nuclear ukulelesnuclear ukuleles Posts: 660
    edited March 2011

Breathe, breathe. I'm 5'3 or 5'4 and I look young too. I'm sure you'll find someone to meet up with!
    ...oh and school is probably more important than Pearl Jam, unfortunately. Unless you're planning to drop out. ;)
    Post edited by nuclear ukuleles on
  • Options
    oh i'm gonna laugh my nuts off if it winds up being in Chi-town!!! Plus i'll be happy as hell! I can go take a pic with the Jordan statue!! :mrgreen:

i'll go take a pic of the statue and email it to you....and you can photoshop yourself in. brilliant. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451

Responsible person, I like that...
  • Options
    Breathe, breathe. I'm 5'3 or 5'4 and I look young too. I'm sure you'll find someone to meet up with!

you can come hang out at the AET tent. unlost will keep an eye out for ya
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    +1 !!!!
  • Options

go put a shirt on you greasy mofo
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

i'll go take a pic of the statue and email it to you....and you can photoshop yourself in. brilliant. :lol:

:mrgreen:

nah...i wanna climb up that shit and take a pic of me blocking him! :lol: ya just can't photo shop that!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930

There are some really really nice, cool, generous people around here....and then you have the elitist snobs who tell people to fuck off, think ticket prices are too low, and wish death on you for questioning the band or Ten Club. Try to focus on the good people. I wish there was a way to block certain posters from what you see. I'm sure quite a few would block me :D but regardless, try not to let them bring you down. It's 100% ok for you to not be down with Alpine Valley.
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

:mrgreen:

nah...i wanna climb up that shit and take a pic of me blocking him! :lol: ya just can't photo shop that!

he's still dunk on you like you were patrick
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

and go get some hypo suction! :lol:
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

you ever see someone foul the shit out of a statue?! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,614
    I hope so bad its not at Alpine, for no other reason than to show how silly it is for people to go on these rumors. It would be great to see all these confused fans. Do I believe it might be at Alpine? Yes, I do. Having worked at a venue in the past, there is this thing bands do, called a hold. This has come up on this board before. Bands hold a venue sometimes when planning a tour, and until things are official, they can release that hold. So is it entirely possible there is a hold on Alpine for a weekend in late summer. Absolutely. There might also be holds at 2 or 3 other places. Jeff just said the band will be visiting the potential sites in early April. A band member just said that, but people still want to go off what their friends neighbors ex-wife told them. People need to chill out. We will know everything probably in April (source: an actual band member) and if things get delayed a little, May will still be plenty of time to plan a trip to wherever it is. I really hope I get the chance to laugh at all these Alpine threads sometime in the next month or so.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

and go get some hypo suction! :lol:

if you are going to play this game, you need to change your avatar. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

you ever see someone foul the shit out of a statue?! :mrgreen:

and 1
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    mcthud wrote:
    Am I the only one completely entertained by the disgruntled responses of those opposed to possibly traveling to Alpine?

People saying, "yeah well, I'm not gonna go! I'll show you! I'm waaay too good for that bullshit. I can't believe that's where it is. Here would have been the best place!"

Really?
    Really...

Do you really think youre going to take a shit on the rest of our birthday cakes by saying things like that? Does it make you feel less shitty in doing so? Knowing you're going to miss an amazing, once in a lifetime event, put on by a band we love and fully support?

Why do you feel the need to even spew your madness? You just look like a fool... A fucking fool that is going to miss out on memories and great times with fans.

I like how everyone who lives within an hour drive of this thing thinks everyone else is bitter about it. No hate or disrespect implied (I can only speak for myself) on this one. I would just rather see Ed solo close to home and *hopefully* PJ as a whole in Boston as well by the end of the year. God forbid I have an opinion :roll:

I ain't bitter, just saying I'll drive ANYWHERE! Obviously I'm happy if it is Alpine Valley, but just as happy if I get tix to the show anywhere in the US!
  • Options
    as long as i don't have to go to NY, i'm cool.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

know i'm sayyyy...errrrrrrrrrrrrriiipppppp.....sayyyyyyiinnnnnnnnnn?!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:

know i'm sayyyy...errrrrrrrrrrrrriiipppppp.....sayyyyyyiinnnnnnnnnn?!!!! :mrgreen:

i was changin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Bubbles wrote:
    i was changin

before you go diss the J to the R-O-C...just remember, it can happen to you, cuz it happened to me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I'll be wiping my boogers on it :twisted: