Options

ITS ALPINE...JUST GOT OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION

Comments

• Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Nope. Should I get one? ;)
    I don't know.. are you a drunk that would like nothing more than to be served at PJ20? yes means yes ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    man this whole pj20 is driving me nuts.

i just want to know full details so i can figure out if i should go or not.

i'm just having a hard time convincing myself to spend all that money to go to the middle of nowhere. the lineup is going to need to be really good for me to pull the trigger... i think.
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

i'm just having a hard time convincing myself to spend all that money to go to the middle of nowhere. the lineup is going to need to be really good for me to pull the trigger... i think.
    Pearl Jam is going to be there..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

I would stay home. Heard its going to blow... :roll:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Love all the passive aggressive bullshit. The Porch has really gone downhill : (
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

but they are also supposed to be coming to canada so i could just go to a few shows up here
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

:roll:

i never said anything negative.

i'm sorry i don't live in WI. :roll:

all i said is i hope the lineup is good so it would give me a good reason to make the trip.
  • Options
    Love all the passive aggressive bullshit. The Porch has really gone downhill : (
    Its about that time, right?

*taps watch*
  • Options
    WaveRyderWaveRyder Posts: 1,128
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

but they are also supposed to be coming to canada so i could just go to a few shows up here

I dont think the Canada tour is actually going to happen in 2011. They are just far too busy, especially if they are stll planning on releasing a new album by year's end.
    RC, SoDak 1998 - KC 2000 - Council Bluffs IA 2003 - Fargo ND 2003 - St. Paul MN 2003 - Alpine Valley 2003 - St Louis MO 2004 - Kissimmee FLA 2004 - Winnipeg 2005 - Thunder Bay 2005 - Chicago 2006 - Grand Rapids MI 2006 - Denver CO 2006 - Lollapalooza 2007 - Bonnaroo 2008 - Austin City Limits 2009 - Los Angeles 2009 - KC 2010 - St Louis MO 2010 - PJ20 Night 1 - PJ20 Night 2
  • Options
    dCowboyPJ wrote:
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

:roll:

i never said anything negative.

i'm sorry i don't live in WI. :roll:

all i said is i hope the lineup is good so it would give me a good reason to make the trip.
    No, no. I am sorry that I don't live closer to Canada. You know youre going to get shows later... I would roadtrip it all over up there and spend half the money if I could....

My post was slightly sarcastic ;)
  • Options
    I don't know.. are you a drunk that would like nothing more than to be served at PJ20? yes means yes ;)

As long as they don't scan them I'm in. But uh...SHH.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,511
    Sawyer wrote:
    LABOR DAY WEEKEND

That BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,320
    pjl44 wrote:
    Shit yeah!
    Between the EV dates, the cost of everything, no easy access for some of you east coaster fuckwads, and all the constant bitchin' that pj20 isn't happening in your basement.....
    yea for the rest of us!!!!

"What?!? No cabs??? Dirt???? A fucking hill to have to walk up??????? My pristine microbrew is not at the ideal temp!!!???!!! Camping???"

I'm cool with most of that, but will need my beer at an ideal temperature. And in appropriate glassware.
    I think I've established the fact that my box of wine fits nicely in a pj onesie. I can share.

Deal. Do you prefer a snifter or tulip?
  • Options

As long as they don't scan them I'm in. But uh...SHH.
    :D I know nothing about nothing
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Dood!!!! This is Alpine Valley! It's Mecca for PJ fans ;)
    It's like going to Jerusalem
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

• Options
    Nice! Glad this is so secretive. ;)
  • Options
    What is so secretive?
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    MattbillzMattbillz Posts: 64
    Or don't worry about a fake and just ask someone to buy you a beverage :D

Let's just hope they aren't woodstock prices though...
  • Options
    Mattbillz wrote:
    Or don't worry about a fake and just ask someone to buy you a beverage :D

Let's just hope they aren't woodstock prices though...
    Shhhhh..
  • Options
    tailgating is the waaaay to go. No worries about a fake and all the shit.

16oz. cans of beer at Alpine=$13

Get your drink on before and your smoke on in the port-o-shits.
  • Options
    MattbillzMattbillz Posts: 64
    And I thought I got ripped off when I paid $9
  • Options
    tailgating is the waaaay to go. No worries about a fake and all the shit.

16oz. cans of beer at Alpine=$13

Get your drink on before and your smoke on in the port-o-shits.

Noted!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin

I'm not an east coaster and Wisconsin is bullshit. It makes it way to expensive for me to attend. flight to milwaukee or chicago for labor day weekend + rental car + every hotel in a 20 mile radius already being booked.... fuck that.

I'm going to hold out for rumored shows in Montreal and Toronto... spend some time with good friends in a city - not in butfuck nowhere wisconsin - where i have access to things like public transit so I can get loaded at the show and not worry about driving out of there, a free place to stay, and plenty of awesome bars.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Sawyer wrote:
    I love hearing from the bitter East Coasters that its in Wisconsin......more room for us...glad you're not comin
    YEAH WHAT HE SAID :P
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    Dood!!!! This is Alpine Valley! It's Mecca for PJ fans ;)
    It's like going to Jerusalem
    dCowboyPJ wrote:

No, the Gorge would be Mecca... this is more like... wisconsin. 8-)

I don't care what people say, we should all be headed to the Gorge. I would make the pilgrimage for that.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    actually the mecca would be the off ramp considering its the birthplace of our religion

*cue ac/dc highway to hell
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,971
    Sawyer wrote:

I'm not an east coaster and Wisconsin is bullshit. It makes it way to expensive for me to attend. flight to milwaukee or chicago for labor day weekend + rental car + every hotel in a 20 mile radius already being booked.... fuck that.

I'm going to hold out for rumored shows in Montreal and Toronto... spend some time with good friends in a city - not in butfuck nowhere wisconsin - where i have access to things like public transit so I can get loaded at the show and not worry about driving out of there, a free place to stay, and plenty of awesome bars.
    If you were an East Coaster would Wisconsin still be bullshit? And how about the Gorge, would that be bullshit? Same question, as if you were an East Coaster again. How could one location please everyone within a country of an area of 3.79 million square miles? Now add your friendly neighbours up North. Now those under you in South America. Now those across the pond.

I plan on enjoying my stay in Buttfuck, Wisconsin; and feel as though someone like you might encroach on my ability to do so. Hope you don't bring your bad vibes to Montreal or Toronto though!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Sawyer wrote:
    LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Because everyone wants to spend the last days of summer In Wisconsin. Thanks guys. I'm all set. See you on the east coast.

It could be worse...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M_1fGshM1o

...well, no, it couldn't.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10