Options

New Eddie Vedder Record and DVD Coming May 31

Comments

• Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    I'm guessing this the Tonight you belong to me song he's covering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2R3CmLEiGo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKHXhWpuA1s

Yes it is. He played it with Janet Weiss at Sleater-Kinney's last show in 2006. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNwSoLiWROQ
    It made my friend (a PJ hater) sick, because that's been his & his girlfriend's party piece for years. Now it's tainted for him. :twisted:

Thanks for posting. I've never heard the original, but I've seen The Jerk more times than I care to count & that bit with the song always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I wonder if Cat Power will replicate Bernadette Peters' ludicrous bugle solo, though. :lol:
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Where is slow lukin!?!?!?

J/K, this news just made my day!! :D
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    I think I'll pass and get this from Netflix.
  • Options
    goatgoat Posts: 90
    eldarion75 wrote:
    oh God is this still going on?

he could release it on grubby old cassette tapes and i'd be happy to hear it...

sign me up for the 8 track version.
    San Diego 10/25/00, 6/5/03, 7/7/06, 10/9/09, 11/21/13 LA 10/1/09, 11/23/13 VH1 Rock Honors 7/17/08, Hawaii 12/9/06 Bridge School 10/23/10, 10/23/11 EV 4/15/08, 4/16/08, 7/5/11, 7/8/11
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWY Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

Glen & Ed. Looking forward to that! And some Cat Power too? and the studio Uke version of Cant Keep? And a live Arc? Deadly!!!

All Ed has to do now to please me is get The Frames as an opening band on next tour, would be sweet.

Will be buying both CD & DVD, happily.
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    JordyWordy wrote:
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWY Yeahhhhhhhhhh.

Glen & Ed. Looking forward to that! And some Cat Power too? and the studio Uke version of Cant Keep? And a live Arc? Deadly!!!

All Ed has to do now to please me is get The Frames as an opening band on next tour, would be sweet.

Will be buying both CD & DVD, happily.

I was soooo hoping for The Frames as opening act for last tour for Dublin and Belfast!! oh well.... BH all the way through the tour ;)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,617

Thanks for posting. I've never heard the original, but I've seen The Jerk more times than I care to count & that bit with the song always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I wonder if Cat Power will replicate Bernadette Peters' ludicrous bugle solo, though. :lol:

im a huge fan of The Jerk. This is great!
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited October 2011
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    smiley-sad017.gif

Hey SRW! I'm not gonna let you listen to or watch any of this - for your own protection ;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Very exciting. Surprised to see Hard Sun on there. The rest looks great though! Too bad we have to wait a couple mor months...
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    vant0037 wrote:
    Awesome! And Glen Hansard has a pretty awesome voice ("The Swell Season" is a great live act too); can't wait!

And are there people already complaining about this potentially not being on Blu-Ray? Sheesh... Guess you can't please anyone anymore. I for one am excited...

Heck, I would be happy to have this bad boy on 8-Track or BetaMax!

EXACTLY!!!
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    Nice to see plenty of people happy about this today....
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    oceans18oceans18 Posts: 154
    Sweet. Where can I find his US tour dates?
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    *the in between is mine*
  • Options
    SH5936SH5936 Posts: 3
    Can't Wait!!!!
  • Options
    Best part is this version of Unthought Known which was stuck in my head for over a year
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    awesomeness
  • Options
    jmkjmk Posts: 425
    Wonderful news! I haven't read the whole thread but has there been any requests or complaints of why there won't be any Super DeLuxe Edition of these releases containing one (or both) Washington, DC concert(s) on vinyl as well as some of Eddie's ukulele demos on casette, together with the vinyl, cd and dvd ;) ?
    Stockholm - 07/07/2012
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    jmk wrote:
    Wonderful news! I haven't read the whole thread but has there been any requests or complaints of why there won't be any Super DeLuxe Edition of these releases containing one (or both) Washington, DC concert(s) on vinyl as well as some of Eddie's ukulele demos on casette, together with the vinyl, cd and dvd ;) ?

Thats for the re-issue in 20 years time!!!! ;):lol::lol:
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    71step28 wrote:
    I was soooo hoping for The Frames as opening act for last tour for Dublin and Belfast!! oh well.... BH all the way through the tour ;)

8-) I know, it was so unfair! Maybe next time.....
  • Options
    teamgrinteamgrin Posts: 8
    I am so excited to read this! I have been waiting for this since I saw Eddie at the Warner Theatre in D.C. in 2008 We could see that they were recording sound and video, but were never able to find it. It's coming finally! This concert was truly fabulous - of course!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    teamgrin wrote:
    I am so excited to read this! I have been waiting for this since I saw Eddie at the Warner Theatre in D.C. in 2008 We could see that they were recording sound and video, but were never able to find it. It's coming finally! This concert was truly fabulous - of course!
    They were definitely video-ing(digital, whatever you call it) the Oz shows + Ed mentioned a few times 'we record these shows don't we?' so audio was recorded too, so maybe in 2 years we might get something released from the Oz tour?
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    sk8drchiksk8drchik Posts: 213
    YAY! I can't wait! I am sooooo excited! I want to see him so bad at a show!
    L
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    I'm a tad skeptical about how much I'll like a whole album of ukelele songs, but I'll definitely buy it anyway.

I'm VERY stocked for the DVD as I was at one of the DC shows and had been wondering why this hadn't came out as they had signs up that they were filming it.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    arc29arc29 Posts: 1
    Awesome - except the single's not available on Oz Itunes. Will have to keep ears peeled to the 1 Oz radio station that will play it...
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    yosi wrote:
    Including Arc, interesting.

Looks good.

i wouldve bought the dvd just for arc..that shit is transendental
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Davidtrios wrote:

:D

My favourite post of this thread!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    :)
  • Options
    pn262980pn262980 Posts: 67
    tremors wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

like+1
  • Options
    I'm proud to say that 'Longing to Belong' is the first single I've purchased off of iTunes and I love it. Now, Eddie needs to come to Toronto for a show...
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    will be getting both of these. hope the pre-sale is announced soon.