Options

Bands you can't stand.

Comments

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    I thought of some more bands that unnerve me...

Matchbox 20, although I like the song Rob Thomas did with Santana
    Green Day, although Dookie is OK and brings back high school memories.
    Kid Rock
    everything by Bon Jovi that's not on Slippery When Wet

I like the Eagles, particularly the Hotel California album. Sorry.
    U2 will always be one of my faves, and I've just recently grown to love No Line on the Horizon. Their whole catalog rocks my soul, it's official.
  • Options
    The Foo Fighters should hang themselves with their latest single 'Rope'. To me it just seems like they try to hard and for whatever reason I just can't stand them.
    "..I'm not present, I'm the drug that makes you dream, I'm an aerostar, I'm a cutlass supreme in the wrong lane trying to turn against the flow, I'm the ocean, I'm the giant undertow..."
    8/12/2000; 12/9/2002; 7/3/2003; 9/1/2005; 5/24/2006; 5/25/2006; 6/30/2008; 6/18/2009EV; 5/10/2010; 3/27/2011Tres Mts; 6/18/2011EV; 9/3/11; 9/4/11
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    kenny olav wrote:

Kid Rock

U2 will always be one of my faves, and I've just recently grown to love No Line on the Horizon. Their whole catalog rocks my soul, it's official.
    Hotel California is a classic. I love the Eagles.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    bennett13bennett13 Posts: 439
    Newch91 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

Kid Rock

Sorry, folks....I kinda like the Eagles too but the Eagles didn't do much that the Flying Burrito Brothers weren't doing earlier and better.
  • Options
    U2
    Nickleback
    Coldplay
    Anything that sounds like Good Charlotte
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    homegrown wrote:
    The Foo Fighters should hang themselves with their latest single 'Rope'. To me it just seems like they try to hard and for whatever reason I just can't stand them.

I think the foo fighters are the modern day AC/DC (not a good thing...all songs sound the same)

Dave Matthews is number 1 on my list. I can't stand that whiny bastard. Ants Marching makes the Fixer want to go postal
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    easy one

Kiss

Ozzy since 2000 (although he isnt a band).
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    bennett13 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    kenny olav wrote:

Kid Rock

Sorry, folks....I kinda like the Eagles too but the Eagles didn't do much that the Flying Burrito Brothers weren't doing earlier and better.

Not really.....Im not knockin them and my knowledge doesnt run real deep for either band, but my ears tell me they're comin from totally different trips.

The Eagles are really just a rock band to me. Sure they have some country influences, but they didn't really seem to take too much from that genre, especially when you compare them to FBB.
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Hotel California is a classic. I love the Eagles.[/quote]

Sorry, folks....I kinda like the Eagles too but the Eagles didn't do much that the Flying Burrito Brothers weren't doing earlier and better.[/quote]

Not really.....Im not knockin them and my knowledge doesnt run real deep for either band, but my ears tell me they're comin from totally different trips.

The Eagles are really just a rock band to me. Sure they have some country influences, but they didn't really seem to take too much from that genre, especially when you compare them to FBB.[/quote]

"Take It Easy," "Peaceful Easy Feeling," "Tequila Sunrise," "Lyin' Eyes," & "Saturday Night" all sound awfully country influenced to me. I admit they branched out and rocked harder as the years went by (probably due to Joe Walsh's influence, but he didn't come into the band until '76 with Hotel California), but they're early stuff definitely sounds like watered-down FBB to me. Plus, Bernie Leadon (the Eagle who Joe Walsh replaced) was in FBB before he joined the Eagles. I can certainly understand your opinion, though. The Burrito Brothers had more of a 50's-60's R&B streak to them. ("Dark End of the Street")
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!
    :crazy: :wtf:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    Can't Stand
    Creed
    Nickelback
    Dave Matthews Band
    U2

Don't Get the Hype
    Kings of Leon
    Dave Matthews Band
    Radiohead

There are probably more in both categories, but those are the ones that instantly come to mind.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    The Black-Eyed Peas -- I HATE the Black-Eyed Peas!!! I call them "music for the semi-literate." I don't know how anybody can listen to that and not have their head explode.
    The BEPs are responsible for me going off on a drunken curse-filled rant during the Super Bowl halftime when it seemed as if it was never going to end. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    The Black-Eyed Peas -- I HATE the Black-Eyed Peas!!! I call them "music for the semi-literate." I don't know how anybody can listen to that and not have their head explode.
    The BEPs are responsible for me going off on a drunken curse-filled rant during the Super Bowl halftime when it seemed as if it was never going to end. :mrgreen:

whats funny is their first 2 albums, that came out in like 1999 and 2001 or something, are conscious backpacker hip hop, political and just socially consicous rhymes. those albums sounds good.

whats funny is they didnt ease into it that much. Sure Elephunk in 2003 had Where is the Love, a political tune, but for the most part, they've not only turned their back on their political and consicous music past, they've basically denied it outright. Its hard to believe its the same band.

While i dont think they should have stayed political if they no longer were wanting to be activists, i personally went from activist to non activist, so i understand. that said, my own art, is still very much influenced by my past.

People talk about the KOL selling out all the time, and personally i dont see it. But with BEP I see it. There is a HUGE chasm and line drawn between Bridging the Gap, and Boom Boom Pow
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    aerosmith
    green day
    any kind of "screamo" shit
    kid rock
    "hair bands" (warrant, poison, etc)
    the eagles
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!

:shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think the foo fighters are the modern day AC/DC (not a good thing...all songs sound the same)

absolutely NOT. I can't stand AC/DC for that, but the Foo's songs do not all sound the same. They rock. I tend to think that a band's songs all sound the same if you don't like them (like me with ac/dc)
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I have to admit, please don't hate me everyone, I'm not a massive Nirvana fan either. While I don't mind Bleach, I think some of their songs are very over-rated. (*Ducks for cover*)
    Paul David wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!

“ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    ac/dc
    hairbands (not included in that is bon jovi or motley crue or twisted sister)
    fall out boy
    the usual 90's grunge ripoff bands
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    I hate Oasis. I find them and their music extremely irritating.
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    petersm69petersm69 Posts: 43
    Guns and Roses! I want to pour battery acid in every member's eyes.
    Mumford and sons
    Coldplay
    Oasis
    Then all your new punk bands like Fall out Boy etc etc
  • Options
    WWSWWS Ontario Posts: 458
    muse
    '93 Toronto, '98 Barrie, '00 Toronto, '03 Buffalo, '05 Hamilton, '06 Toronto 1&2 '09 Toronto, '09 Philly #4, '11 Hamilton, '13 London, '13 Wrigley,    '13 Buffalo, '14 Detroit Rock City,'16 Ottawa, '16 Toronto 1&2, '16 Fenway '18 Wrigley 1&2, '20 Baltimore. '22 Hamilton, '24 Wrigley 1&2
  • Options
    sawyerjamsawyerjam Posts: 140
    mfc2006 wrote:
    aerosmith
    green day
    kid rock
    the eagles
    This is exactly how i would have responded. Are your favorite bands also Pearl Jam, Radiohead and MY Morning Jacket? :lol: I fucking hate Aerosmith
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,494
    Loulou wrote:
    I have to admit, please don't hate me everyone, I'm not a massive Nirvana fan either. While I don't mind Bleach, I think some of their songs are very over-rated. (*Ducks for cover*)
    Paul David wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!

While I definitely rate Nirvana as a good band they are not anywhere near the top of my favorite list. I totally understand Nevermind's place in rock history but I like Bleach a lot better.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    Paul David wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

absolutely NOT. I can't stand AC/DC for that, but the Foo's songs do not all sound the same. They rock. I tend to think that a band's songs all sound the same if you don't like them (like me with ac/dc)

Foos have a formula, but they definitely have plenty of songs that deviate from it. I understand if you're talking about Overdrive, DOA, Pretender, etc. But you've got great songs like Aurora, Times Like These, Stranger Things Have Happened that are unique and just awesome.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Paul David wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Foos have a formula, but they definitely have plenty of songs that deviate from it. I understand if you're talking about Overdrive, DOA, Pretender, etc. But you've got great songs like Aurora, Times Like These, Stranger Things Have Happened that are unique and just awesome.

I'd throw Times Like These into the 'all sound similar' category, but that might be because that song is so overplayed.

I don't hate the Foos. I like Dave Grohl a lot. I just feel like they are a band that should be better than they are. I've tried to get into them a few times and they always leave me with the feeling that I want more than what they give (if that makes sense).

I'm not a big fan...I'm pretty indifferent towards them. I don't not like them the way I don't like AC/DC. I just think they should put out more diverse music than they do. that's all.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    sawyerjam wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    aerosmith
    green day
    kid rock
    the eagles
    This is exactly how i would have responded. Are your favorite bands also Pearl Jam, Radiohead and MY Morning Jacket? :lol: I fucking hate Aerosmith

those are definitely 3 of my favorite bands along with Iron & Wine, Elliott Smith, Led Zep, The Band, M. Ward...i could go on & on.

i've just never liked Aerosmith. they have a few decent songs (their older stuff), but for some reason....they just irritate the hell out of me.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Loulou wrote:
    Paul David wrote:
    thefixer9 wrote:
    I HATE Nirvana!!!!

:lol: Thank you!!!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Paul David wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'd say there's a pretty similar level of diversity between ACDC and the Foo Fighters. Sure, the Foo's have some slower stuff, but it's not really that different from more rockin stuff except in volume.

The Bon Scott era of ACDC is pretty badass and is underrated as hell.
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    sawyerjam wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    aerosmith
    green day
    kid rock
    the eagles

those are definitely 3 of my favorite bands along with Iron & Wine, Elliott Smith, Led Zep, The Band, M. Ward...i could go on & on.

i've just never liked Aerosmith. they have a few decent songs (their older stuff), but for some reason....they just irritate the hell out of me.

I LOOOOOVE THE BAND!!!!