Options

Bands you can't stand.

CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
edited April 2011 in Other Music
So what bands out there do you just not like, or can't understand the hype.

Well for me Nickelback, of course. But one I really do not like is Coldplay. My girlfriend loves them and I just dont get it...such a boring band.

Another one is The Trews...they are from Canada.

As for classic rock..I never got into Pink floyd.
ctd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,724
    I'm expecting an onslaught of "Creed & Nickelback are horrible" replies. People, everyone hates them - please be original. 8-)

I think Jack Johnson sucks ass. Every song sounds the same and bores me to tears.

My Chemical Romance annoys the shit out of me.

Fall Out Boy is horrible.

Linkin Park (sp?) is overproduced drivel.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    Totally agree on all you just said... haha.
    ctd
  • Options
    Nickelback of course....also a lot this nu metal crap that all sounds alike....not much worthy of listening to from that scene that I'm aware of.

And Neil Young is one that I've always had mixed feelings about. I know he is revered by many around here and I like and enjoy much of his work, but I just don't hold him up as one of the premiere artists of all time.
    His rock records in particular just don't do it for me and I much prefer the stuff like Harvest and After the Gold Rush.
    Also, Rush is one that I've never really gotten into though I've listened to and enjoyed some of their radio songs through the years.

Well, i guess I kind of strayed from the initial question with Neil and Rush because I wouldn't say at all that I can't stand either of them....oh well
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    U2!!! Every time I hear them I want to destroy whatever device is playing their song. This includes driving my car into on-coming traffic to shut my car radio off, until I remember I can change the station.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There's not much more than this (Live at Garden)
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Rush. That chick singer sucks.

Three Doors Down

Kiss
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I've tried and tried, but The Black Keys.

Maybe in time, but right now I don't see the fascination.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    Radiohead
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm not fond of U2 or Kiss
    I wasn't fond of Aerosmith but I'm looking at this again because I feel differently about Steve Tyler....
    now that we both have grown up considerably ;)

I think he may be far more sensitive then I once thought and even somewhat vulnerable...
    I can see his heart now.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Supertramp. I just don't get it.

Styx.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
    Oasis
    Cant stand them and the singing is so fake . Overated imo. Copy of the beatles.

Elbow , Arctic Monkeys.
    See a trend here , most english bands
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Kings of Leon. Cant stand them.
    I never got it. When he sings "need somebody" I always think he sounds like he's trying to sound like a pop version of metallicas vocals... "neeeed sombod-EAH!"
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    KB262864KB262864 Posts: 67
    I hate Oasis. I hate their music. I hate Noel Gallagher's ego. I also hate how they slam other people (Radiohead, Phil Collins, etc.), when they are clearly terrible themselves.

I also hate Jimmy Buffet. I live in Florida, so to a lot of people that is sacrilegious.

I also hate The Eagles. Some of their songs are OK, and I think Joe Walsh would be a cool dude to party with, but they are so overrated.
  • Options
    mattdingle wrote:
    Oasis
    Cant stand them and the singing is so fake . Overated imo. Copy of the beatles.

Elbow , Arctic Monkeys.
    See a trend here , most english bands

I don't understand Arctic Monkeys' popularity at all.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    I can't can't can't stand..AC/DC (sorry jeff :roll:)
    its like that fingernails on the chalkboard thing? makes my teeth hurt.

Other than that.....and the fact that most of the new bands all sound the same, but they're ok

I have never been able to listen to any of the 80s hair bands OR
    the pop bands like
    Foreigner
    Boston
    Journey

and I don't see what' the big deal over Bon Jovi

other than that....i can deal
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    KB262864 wrote:
    I also hate Jimmy Buffet. I live in Florida, so to a lot of people that is sacrilegious.

We're going to have to ask you to pack your things and leave, thank you very much.

:lol: just kiddin man :D
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Supertramp. I just don't get it.

Styx.
    Take the Long Way Home cranked up on high when you're high on the back of your best buddy's cycle
    weaving through the woods

Supertramp was my best times as a kid...thanks for the memory :D
  • Options
    Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    Off the top of my head:

1.Journey
    2.Eagles
    3.Billy Joel
    4.Offspring
    5.Korn
    6.Linkin Park
    7. any Green Day after Warning
    8. any Beck after MellowGold
    9.The Liars
    10.Limp Biscuit

.....and Ben Harper.......sorry
    let the hating begin
  • Options
    Jason78Jason78 Posts: 400
    KB262864 wrote:
    I hate Oasis. I hate their music. I hate Noel Gallagher's ego. I also hate how they slam other people (Radiohead, Phil Collins, etc.), when they are clearly terrible themselves.

I also hate The Eagles. Some of their songs are OK, and I think Joe Walsh would be a cool dude to party with, but they are so overrated.

Ahh, how could I forget Jimmy Buffet?!

Also, the Greatful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic etc..
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,725
    edited March 2011
    i can't stand all that reggae influenced rock music by white people. bugs the hell out of me for some reason. dispatch, state radio, g love, 311, that kind of stuff.
    also can't stand wussy acoustic guitar rock like jason mraz and jack johnson. i find dave matthews band to be pretty bland and wussy as well, although the musicians in that band are very talented.

jam bands in general are annoying to me (love the dead though)......basically i can't stand the music that self-proclaimed hippies who were born after 1985 listen to. you know the stereoptype. the people who's favorite artists include the latest lineup to the all-good festival. i'm sure some of them are not without merit, but for the most part i find the music to be irritating and incredibly boring.

a couple of newer bands that i really don't understand or like much...passion pit and the dirty projectors. what is that noise?
    Post edited by Lifted on
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,509
    I've not listened to enough Creed or Nickelback to really say I hate them. I've probably only heard one or two songs.

Probably the band I can't stand the most is Radiohead. Also not a fan of Rush, The Who, anything punk, teen/dance pop, or most current indie bands.
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,725
    I've not listened to enough Creed or Nickelback to really say I hate them. I've probably only heard one or two songs.

Probably the band I can't stand the most is Radiohead. Also not a fan of Rush, The Who, anything punk, teen/dance pop, or most current indie bands.

i'd hate to go on a roadtrip with you. hater.
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Dave Matthews Band
    any new country band
    3 dog night
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,509
    Lifted wrote:

Have fun at that Miley Cyrus or Jonas brothers concert :)
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd4O5jXKPeQ

I have posted this before but, enjoy
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    oh i forgot Grateful Dead
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Jason78 wrote:
    KB262864 wrote:

Ahh, how could I forget Jimmy Buffet?!

Also, the Greatful Dead, Phish, Widespread Panic etc..

say it ain't so!
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    Lifted wrote:

Have fun at that Miley Cyrus or Jonas brothers concert :)

So, who do you enjoy listening to? :? Besides the teen/dance pop thing, I couldn't disagree with you more. (I'm not a big fan of Rush, but I appreciate their talent.)

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i love every band that you hate
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Kiss & The Eagles
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I hate the fucking Eagles...
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V