Options

Bands you can't stand.

Comments

• Options
    In the category of "Bands I should like but don't": Arcade Fire. Sorry, just not for me.

Oh, and every Radiohead song that doesn't get regular radio play.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    edited March 2011
    Arcade Fire
    Coldplay
    Hagar Van Halen
    My Morning Jacket
    Emo stuff today like Paramore, 3 Days, Grace, A Day to Remember, etc.
    Boston
    Michael McDonald Doobie Brothers
    Post-Terry Kath Chicago
    Dave Matthews Band
    Muse
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I can't believe how many folks hate Radiohead.. Kind of eye opening
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    If I ever hear that John Mayer song that was played every 5 minutes last year again I'll probably throw up. Same with Train. I hate them both so much.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Milli Vanilli :lol:
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Muse
    Kings Of Leon
    Coldplay (used to kinda like 'em, now I kinda find them crap)
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Newch91 wrote:
    Arcade Fire
    Coldplay
    Hagar Van Halen
    My Morning Jacket
    Boston
    Post-Terry Kath Chicago
    Dave Matthews Band
    Muse

Dang. I couldn't of written a better start to my list- I agree whole heartedly on these. Kind of weird haha
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Suave.27 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Arcade Fire
    Coldplay
    Hagar Van Halen
    My Morning Jacket
    Boston
    Post-Terry Kath Chicago
    Dave Matthews Band
    Muse

Dang. I couldn't of written a better start to my list- I agree whole heartedly on these. Kind of weird haha
    8-)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Besides the obvious nickeleback,creed, my chemical romance crap. (those shouldnt even be mentioned) Im very open minded with music. I like alot of different stuff, I even go to MTV for new music (some of their shows play great indie music). But there is one band that bores me.

Arcade Fire.

they are BORING. Ive listened to 2 of their albums and its just boring crap. They dont have any high energy heavy songs, its all just laid back vocals and boring guitars.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,301
    Muse - They SUCK!
    Hallelujah! I can't believe it took until the 4th page for them to get a mention! Within a split second of reading the thread title, the words "FUCKING MUSE!!!" were already on their way out of my mouth. I can't think of another singer in any form of music whose voice I find more irritating than Matt Bellamy. Fuck, it makes me angry just typing this!

...and breathe... :)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Oh well, best to get it out in the open sooner rather than later I suppose. Let the controversy begin....

The Beatles - so overrated it's a little scary, time to move on people...anyway I've already said on here about my feelings for them, so no point keep repeating it.

Coldplay - One of those bands that it seems it is fashionable to like them. Bollocks to that idea...

Radiohead (Hail To The Thief onwards) - completely lost their way and, in their current format, they are horrendous.

Foo Fighters - Same, same, same, same, same etc.

Dead Weather - I just don't get it. Jack White is wasted in this band.

Bruce Springsteen - Can't see what all the fuss is about.

Jack Johnson - Sexy, sexy, plexy, hexy, FUCK OFF!! Shite.

Simply Red. Oh. don't even get me started on those.

Bob Marley - nope.

Kiss - They were geniuses. They invented a way of making millions of dollars from making the most dreadful music imaginable.

The Beach Boys - ???

Nirvana - Four or five decent tunes does not equal genius. Sorry.

Sex Pistols - ooh weren't they controversial? Erm, actually, no they were just some mouthy dickheads who couldn't make a decent tune if their lives had depended on it.

Bob Dylan - As aurally pleasant as your average air raid siren.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Options
    joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    hmm the whole punk scene and boy band stuff from the mid to late 90's like offspring, limp biscuit, 5, nsync and whatever....the shit from the early 2000's like My Chemical Romance, simple plan, good charlotte or as people may sometimes call it the "emo" phase....green day... something weird about a guy that uses as much make-up as some girls...fall out boy, generic undertalented studio band that clearly cant perform live.... 30 seconds to mars... Jared Leto does more talking then singing (which i dont think he does very well) but because he's like johnny depp or something thats ok and people can turn around and say they are the greatest live act in the world???? and muse...i cant be bothered with them but they annoy the crap out of me to....bon jovi as a front man irks the hell out of me aswell....over the top nut case...in my opinion their best "album" is the one that sold the least amount of copies and got hammered by the critics. I am also aware that some of those bands i mentioned have been around and are still around but in my life thats when i noticed them the most.
  • Options
    CTD10CTD10 Posts: 351
    I totally do not get the hype with arcade fire either...I've tried...but not my cup of tea at all.
    ctd
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I've tried Arcade Fire but find them limp.
    RHCP - Fuckin' dreadful IMHO.

Hate for Muse???? How dare you! One of the most awesome bands on the planet on album and most definitely live. :D
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Oh well, best to get it out in the open sooner rather than later I suppose. Let the controversy begin....

The Beatles - so overrated it's a little scary, time to move on people...anyway I've already said on here about my feelings for them, so no point keep repeating it.

Coldplay - One of those bands that it seems it is fashionable to like them. Bollocks to that idea...

Radiohead (Hail To The Thief onwards) - completely lost their way and, in their current format, they are horrendous.

Bob Marley - nope.

Kiss - They were geniuses. They invented a way of making millions of dollars from making the most dreadful music imaginable.

The Beach Boys - ???

Sex Pistols - ooh weren't they controversial? Erm, actually, no they were just some mouthy dickheads who couldn't make a decent tune if their lives had depended on it.

I agree with: Sex Pistols, Kiss, Simply Red (but really...no need to include in this thread to begin with), and maybe a couple others.

But MAN you've got issues. The Beatles? Beach Boys? Dylan? Nirvana? Bob Marley?

Yikes.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    nuffingman wrote:
    Hate for Muse???? How dare you! One of the most awesome bands on the planet on album and most definitely live. :D

I'm with this guy. Although I'm not a big fan of the direction they took on their latest album. One of the best live acts I've ever seen.

I'm surprised how many people hate bands that I really love, like the Beatles & Arcade Fire.

I'm worried I'll see Death Cab here - I think they get considered to be an "emo" band, right? Whatever, they're fucking awesome. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote:

Bob Marley - nope.

The Beach Boys - ???

I agree with: Sex Pistols, Kiss, Simply Red (but really...no need to include in this thread to begin with), and maybe a couple others.

But MAN you've got issues. The Beatles? Beach Boys? Dylan? Nirvana? Bob Marley?

Yikes.

Issues? No I don't have any issues, it's just the bands/artists that I have mentioned do absolutely nothing for me musically. I fail to see how anyone can not accept that there are people, like myself, who can say quite honestly that they do not like bands such as The Beatles. It's all subjective.
    It's gonna be a glorious day...
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Totally agree with the Rush and AC/DC!!!! OMG it's like nails on a chalkboard. Also, Poison makes me suicidal. (actually that goes for most 80's music) :shock:
  • Options
    I forgot to add Shinedown...they are terrible. I have never heard such idiotic lyrics in all my life. They force their lines to rhyme, no matter the cost. :lol:
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    People that don't like the Beatles usually form bands that I can't stand
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    A few from the top of my head:

Nickelback
    Creed
    Insane Clown Posse (are they even considered a band?)
    Coldplay
    U2
    Kings of Leon, I'm afraid to admit
    Oasis
    Most of Radiohead's stuff from Kid A onwards
    Billy Talent

I'm sure there's more but I'd rather not give it too much thought... :lol:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In the category of "Bands I should like but don't": Arcade Fire.
    Oh yeah, right - include them with the aforementioned Kings of Leon...

Edit: In the same category, unfortunately, is Bruce Springsteen. I really tried, on multiple occasions, but just couldn't get into him (no puns needed). I guess he'll get over it, though.
    Post edited by Kloddz on
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

• Options
    Kloddz wrote:

Nickelback
    Creed
    Coldplay
    U2
    Oasis
    Billy Talent

:lol: I had thought of ICP, too..how weird are they. :shock:
  • Options
    Kloddz wrote:

Nickelback
    Creed
    Coldplay
    U2
    Oasis
    Billy Talent

You started so well and then... it's the fiery pits of hell for you. :lol: Who the fuck is Billy Talent?
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:
    Kloddz wrote:

Nickelback
    Creed
    Coldplay
    U2
    Oasis
    Billy Talent

You started so well and then... it's the fiery pits of hell for you. :lol: Who the fuck is Billy Talent?
    Sorry 'bout Oasis man, that's more of a personal issue for me than not really liking their music... Billy Talent is this: (click at your own risk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VhJWH2eDUA

Kinda like a barking Green Day rip-off IMO...
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

• Options
    Kloddz wrote:
    Sorry 'bout Oasis man, that's more of a personal issue for me than not really liking their music... Billy Talent is this: (click at your own risk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VhJWH2eDUA

Kinda like a barking Green Day rip-off IMO...
    Ooooh, nasty! Wish I'd listened to your warning. :sick:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

Issues? No I don't have any issues, it's just the bands/artists that I have mentioned do absolutely nothing for me musically. I fail to see how anyone can not accept that there are people, like myself, who can say quite honestly that they do not like bands such as The Beatles. It's all subjective.

There's not a problem with naming bands you can't stand. That's the point of the whole thread

The problem lies in saying the Beatles are overrated. That's simply not true. It's not a matter of like and dislike.

If you're gonna use the "different stroke for different folks" argument you really can't say thinks like that.

Who is doing all this so called overrating?

EDIT: PS Hail To The Thief is the 3rd best Radiohead album behind The Bends and OKC
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,659

Arcade Fire.

they are BORING. Ive listened to 2 of their albums and its just boring crap. They dont have any high energy heavy songs, its all just laid back vocals and boring guitars.

have you listened to 2 of their albums? have you really? and what you heard was no high energy heavy songs, just laid back vocals and boring guitars? huh? there are lots of other people who mentioned arcade fire in this thread. nothing wrong with that, but you were nice enough to tell us why, and i'm calling bullshit. either that or you're deaf. you may not like them, but you obviously have not really listened to two of their albums.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Lifted wrote:

Arcade Fire.

have you listened to 2 of their albums? have you really? and what you heard was no high energy heavy songs, just laid back vocals and boring guitars? huh? there are lots of other people who mentioned arcade fire in this thread. nothing wrong with that, but you were nice enough to tell us why, and i'm calling bullshit. either that or you're deaf. you may not like them, but you obviously have not really listened to two of their albums.

uhhh... yea. I have. They're extremely boring
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    uhhh... yea. I have. They're extremely boring

Sorry, not to intervene here, but I just noticed your screen name...have you read that book, '5 Against 1'?