Options

Project #9 - Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live

Comments

• Options
    myra wrote:
    Listening to Milwaukee now, and it's not perfect. A few minor...very minor guitar screw ups...My vote goes to Chicago.

:evil: I just swore in French upon reading this :lol:
    You've got a 'out of this fucking town' in Los Angeles as well ;)

:lol:
    Now I want to know where are these very minor guitar screw ups cause I can't hear it :lol:
    Can you tell me like seconds when I need to focus more?

I keep coming back to the Cincinnati version that I liked before, just to make this more complicated.

It's cool to see many people feeling passionate about Gone though :)
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Listening to Milwaukee now, and it's not perfect. A few minor...very minor guitar screw ups...My vote goes to Chicago.

I much preferred the Chicago Gone - the vocals had a lot more of the fragility I like to hear in Eddie's voice - (on the 'fragile' songs). The rest of the collection is quite on the 'confident' side, as myra puts it - so I think it will be good to lower that a bit here.

In other words - I vote Chicago!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

Now I want to know where are these very minor guitar screw ups cause I can't hear it :lol:

I keep coming back to the Cincinnati version that I liked before, just to make this more complicated.

Within the first like 10-15 second...there are 2 small ones I hear (being a guitar player for 21 years, I hear these things)...if I am being too picky, just tell me to shut up...lol
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

Need to check this Cincinnati version again. Just took the whole trip, and Boston also needed a second listen I reckon.
    So far, it's : Albany or Chicago or Milwaukee or Brisbane, right ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

Need to check this Cincinnati version again. Just took the whole trip, and Boston also needed a second listen I reckon.

I still like the one from Version 1 (Albany?), but if people actively don't like it - that's no good!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I much preferred the Chicago Gone - the vocals had a lot more of the fragility I like to hear in Eddie's voice - (on the 'fragile' songs). The rest of the collection is quite on the 'confident' side, as myra puts it - so I think it will be good to lower that a bit here.

In other words - I vote Chicago!

Chicago takes the lead !!
    :shh: I'm not totally done yet.
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

I still like the one from Version 1 (Albany?), but if people actively don't like it - that's no good!

Me too. I reckon we're merely looking for a stand-in there, right ? Albany is not gone yet, is it ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Me too. I reckon we're merely looking for a stand-in there, right ? Albany is not gone yet, is it ?

It's not Gone (hehe)...but there was a flow issue...but if it's all good with you guys, it's fine with me! :D
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I like Brisbane a lot because it is a strong version (fucking town :lol: and my personal favourite higher 'answers far') but from what I've read you all seem to like more these kind of softer, fragile versions and I get it.
    I thought Albany is out for version 2, isn't it for now?
    I'm gonna check out the version from Boston.
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

I like Brisbane a lot because it is a strong version (fucking town :lol: and my personal favourite higher 'answers far') but from what I've read you all seem to like more these kind of softer, fragile versions and I get it.
    A fellow Brisbane supporter...YAY!! :D
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It's not Gone (hehe)...but there was a flow issue...but if it's all good with you guys, it's fine with me! :D

The thing with Chicago is that :
    if you guys 'mind the gap', Chicago needs editing just like Albany. If you guys mind the 'beat' and the 'counting', then Chicago is good to go.
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

:D

I've tried finding these guitar screw ups but I failed :lol:
  • Options
    [/quote]

I'm gonna check out the version from Boston.[/quote]
    A fellow Brisbane supporter...YAY!! :D[/quote]

:D

I've tried finding these guitar screw ups but I failed :lol:[/quote]
    they are honestly so subtle that if I wasn't looking for them, I probably wouldn't even notice.
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

I added Brisbane to the possible choices only to be nice to you guys, I still don't like it :x :lol::lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I added Brisbane to the possible choices only to be nice to you guys, I still don't like it :x :lol::lol:

If you don't like the version from Cincinnati say it now! :lol:
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    mocik wrote:

This is probably the most involved discussion we've had for any of our projects! 8-) I'm not sure if we are any closer to a decision / compromise / definitive version - but I have to go to bed pretty soon, so in the morning I will see what you guys have settled on.....

Gone, eh? Who'd have thought it. I like this song a lot though.

One of the things I have found with doing these compilations and all the comparisons, is just how unique every performance of a lot of songs turns out to be - it's incredible the different range of emotions and the subtleties the band can get out of performing the same song...... unbelievable really. Anyway.... good night!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

This is probably the most involved discussion we've had for any of our projects! 8-) I'm not sure if we are any closer to a decision / compromise / definitive version - but I have to go to bed pretty soon, so in the morning I will see what you guys have settled on.....

One of the things I have found with doing these compilations and all the comparisons, is just how unique every performance of a lot of songs turns out to be - it's incredible the different range of emotions and the subtleties the band can get out of performing the same song...... unbelievable really. Anyway.... good night!

Can't keep ??! Ok, this discussion might be 'slightly' longer :D .
    If you have to go now, I think we should all remember you like Albany and Chicago better, huh ? No Brisbane, or such, right ? :lol:
    :wave:
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

If you don't like the version from Cincinnati say it now! :lol:

:silent:

• Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    Someone asked for a more intense Life Wasted.

Can't find many, but the only one which I felt was as good a version as Melbourne, was Chicago 15/05.

If chosen, this would free up Severed Hand from Melbourne 13/11 which delivers everything that Antwerp had, but doesn't cut off abruptly.

So my vote...
    Life Wasted - Chicago 1
    Severed Hand - Melbourne 1
    Gone - Chicago 2

Everything else in place and good to go?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

If you have to go now, I think we should all remember you like Albany and Chicago better, huh ? No Brisbane, or such, right ? :lol:

Good night Tremors :wave:

I've given up on Brisbane long time ago. I do think that Milwaukee would be a good compromise between Chicago and Brisbane though!
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:

Can't find many, but the only one which I felt was as good a version as Melbourne, was Chicago 15/05.

If chosen, this would free up Severed Hand from Melbourne 13/11 which delivers everything that Antwerp had, but doesn't cut off abruptly.

So my vote...
    Life Wasted - Chicago 1
    Gone - Chicago 2

I take it as a vote for Chicago over Albany for Gone, then ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Dazzler wrote:

So my vote...
    Life Wasted - Chicago 1
    Gone - Chicago 2

I take it as a vote for Chicago over Albany for Gone, then ?
    If this does happen...that crossfade I talked about earlier may be a big help...
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Good night Tremors :wave:

I've given up on Brisbane long time ago. I do think that Milwaukee would be a good compromise between Chicago and Brisbane though!

Ok ...
    So it's Albany, Chicago or Milwaukee, right ? Let's put this to the vote and get it sorted out !
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Ok ...
    So it's Albany, Chicago or Milwaukee, right ? Let's put this to the vote and get it sorted out !

I vote for Milwaukee, but I like all of them :)
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:
    Ok ...

I like all those three, and either of those would be fine for me. I'd still vote for Albany, though. I guess Tremors does too. Then Dazzler and Stateoflove79 would vote for Chicago if I got it right.
  • Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    (Shhh, chicago)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:
    Ok ...

I like all those three, and either of those would be fine for me. I'd still vote for Albany, though. I guess Tremors does too. Then Dazzler and Stateoflove79 would vote for Chicago if I got it right.

After being away for a few hours and trying to catch up on the posts, it seems like we have come down to Albany vs. Chicago.

My vote right now would go with Chicago just on the basis of trying it and seeing how it fits. I love the version from Albany, but I can't get over the whole flow issue.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Project #9 - "Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live" **Version 2**

Track List:

Life Wasted - Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    World Wide Suicide - Vitoria, Spain (September 2, 2006)
    Comatose - Auburn Hills, Michigan (May 22, 2006)
    Severed Hand - Antwerp, Belgium (August 30, 2006)
    Marker In The Sand - Paris, France (September 11, 2006)
    Parachutes - Portland, Oregon (July 20, 2006)
    Unemployable - San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006)
    Big Wave - San Diego, California (July 7, 2006)
    Gone
    Wasted Reprise - Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006)
    Army Reserve - Sydney, Australia (November 8, 2006)
    Come Back - Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    Inside Job - Lisbon, Portugal (September 4, 2006)
    Masters of War - Washington DC (May 30, 2006)
    Throw Your Hatred Down - Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    I Believe In Miracles - Marseille, France (September 9, 2006)
    All Along the Watchtower - San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006)

I am going to have a very busy day at work tomorrow and I will not be able to send Version 2 out for another 24 hours so I left "Gone" blank. You guys figure out which is the best version and if anything else needs to be changed and I will send it out tomorrow.

Great work and discussion. I really think that this one is going to be the best sounding project we have put together.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    May i suggest some new user names for the EGC?
    "Gone", it doesn't sound as bad as I initially thought it would” – Cameron/head geek
    “definitely a "flow" issue” – stateoflove/ ultimate critic
    “least favourite Pearl Jam album” – tremors/ least favourite
    “speech can stay or go. If it stays, it's a bit longish” Myra/new coat needed
    “A few minor...very minor guitar screw ups” – stateoflove/ ultimat critic

Don't I know you from the poetry forum? You're the one who throws around hostility - and in one case some cryptic abuse which I strongly believe was actually some very nasty racism. Nobody else seemed to pick up on your racism, but let me tell you - I noticed it.

So now you think it's time to come and be hostile out on the Porch. Why don't you get a life - go and find a good book to read if you don't like the forum and any of the people in it.

• Options
    Project #9 - "Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live" **Version 2**

Track List:

Life Wasted - Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    World Wide Suicide - Vitoria, Spain (September 2, 2006)
    Comatose - Auburn Hills, Michigan (May 22, 2006)
    Severed Hand - Antwerp, Belgium (August 30, 2006)
    Marker In The Sand - Paris, France (September 11, 2006)
    Parachutes - Portland, Oregon (July 20, 2006)
    Unemployable - San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006)
    Big Wave - San Diego, California (July 7, 2006)
    Gone
    Wasted Reprise - Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006)
    Army Reserve - Sydney, Australia (November 8, 2006)
    Come Back - Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    Inside Job - Lisbon, Portugal (September 4, 2006)
    Masters of War - Washington DC (May 30, 2006)
    Throw Your Hatred Down - Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    I Believe In Miracles - Marseille, France (September 9, 2006)
    All Along the Watchtower - San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006)

I am going to have a very busy day at work tomorrow and I will not be able to send Version 2 out for another 24 hours so I left "Gone" blank. You guys figure out which is the best version and if anything else needs to be changed and I will send it out tomorrow.

Great work and discussion. I really think that this one is going to be the best sounding project we have put together.

Looks great!