Options

Project #9 - Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live

Comments

• Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    myra wrote:
    Version 1 coming in the next 30 minutes. The only problem I see is with the transition and beginning ("Big Wave" -> "Gone") of our new "Gone". I love the new "Gone, but you guys will see what I am talking about after you give Version 1 a listen. "Gone may be "Gone" before we even begin. :?

S**t I hope you're wrong...
    I'm downloading now and I'll try and remain objective when I'll report in a short while.
    :x This is definitely another 'Wishlist' ...

I may have jumped the gun a little bit concerning "Gone", it doesn't sound as bad as I initially thought it would. Give the transition a good listen and let me know what you think.

It's still downloading... *sigh*
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Just downloading now.....
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Version 1 coming in the next 30 minutes. The only problem I see is with the transition and beginning ("Big Wave" -> "Gone") of our new "Gone". I love the new "Gone, but you guys will see what I am talking about after you give Version 1 a listen. "Gone may be "Gone" before we even begin. :?

I'm downloading now and I'll try and remain objective when I'll report in a short while.

I may have jumped the gun a little bit concerning "Gone", it doesn't sound as bad as I initially thought it would. Give the transition a good listen and let me know what you think.

Have just given it a few listens.
    On first listen, I really had no clue what the problem was :lol: .
    On a couple more listens though, I reckon the main difference with the former transition is that, in the Rough Draft, the transition was almost seamless : music fades in Big Wave > cheers > cheers > music starts with Gone, whereas with this one, there's this 'beat' and 'count' interruption that doesn't make the whole thing that seamless. I'm not sure it's really that much of a disturbance really, but I've only listened to those two songs in a row and focused, so maybe I overlooked something. I'll try and give the whole thing a fresh listen and see if the flow is really interrupted by this in a disturbing way. Gone still flows really really well into Wasted Reprise though :) .

Edit : since I'm at it, I'm gonna give the whole thing a new listen to try and figure where we stand now.
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    myra wrote:

I ran home for my lunch break and took a quick listen. For me, there is definitely a "flow" issue. I don't know if maybe you snip the first few secs of the track or pick a new version, which one would be better. As for other versions, I do remember the Chicago version being quite good....don't remember is it was 5-16 or 5-17 though.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Or check out Brisbane 11-11-06 again...I gave it another listen and it's a slightly stronger version, IMHO.
  • Options
    I ran home for my lunch break and took a quick listen. For me, there is definitely a "flow" issue. I don't know if maybe you snip the first few secs of the track or pick a new version, which one would be better. As for other versions, I do remember the Chicago version being quite good....don't remember is it was 5-16 or 5-17 though.

I liked that Chicago version too. There's some 'Ed talk' in it if I recall correctly. Could be another way to look at it.
  • Options
    Or check out Brisbane 11-11-06 again...I gave it another listen and it's a slightly stronger version, IMHO.

*sigh* I think I need to give it yet another listen, I MUST be missing something there. :?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

*sigh* I think I need to give it yet another listen, I MUST be missing something there. :?

You probably aren't missing anything...it's just a matter of opinion. :)
  • Options
    Those versions for Severed hand and Marker .... are so much better than the ones we had on the rough draft !!
    Damnit, I knew I should have gone to that show in Paris too :x
  • Options
    myra wrote:

You probably aren't missing anything...it's just a matter of opinion. :)

No, I want to hear what you hear now, I feel so deprived ! :lol:
  • Options
    No, I want to hear what you hear now, I feel so deprived ! :lol:[/quote]

Maybe it's the crowd noise...or the fact that he says "get ou of this fucking town"...i dunno...I just love that version. :lol:
  • Options
    Just had a run through of Version 1 on my headphones - up to the end of 'Gone'. I love it! A really great sounding collection - and making me feel that I no longer have a 'least favourite Pearl Jam album' any more!

I think the changes are an improvement.

On the Gone issue, I guess it is a matter of preference. I am really liking the version we have now - it moves me, and I didn't think the break was too severe (you should hear some of the transitions in the audience based projects! :lol: )

I found myself getting a bit choked up to Gone - a welcome low after all the frenetic energy...... Personally I wasn't so moved by Brisbane - but if people want to change it, there might be another one out there to get me welling up again! That's all I ask! ;)

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    Just had a run through of Version 1 on my headphones - up to the end of 'Gone'. I love it! A really great sounding collection - and making me feel that I no longer have a 'least favourite Pearl Jam album' any more!

On the Gone issue, I guess it is a matter of preference. I am really liking the version we have now - it moves me, and I didn't think the break was too severe (you should hear some of the transitions in the audience based projects! :lol: )

I found myself getting a bit choked up to Gone - a welcome low after all the frenetic energy...... Personally I wasn't so moved by Brisbane - but if people want to change it, there might be another one out there to get me welling up again! That's all I ask! ;)

I agree :P

Still .... I'm off to another Gone trip ! Yes !!

Edit : Mocik ? Are you around ? :)
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Ok, well report back and give us a choice of 3. My brain starts to go funny if I listen to more than that!

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Ok, well report back and give us a choice of 3. My brain starts to go funny if I listen to more than that!

I had a top 6 on my previous trip 2 days ago :
    Albany
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Denver
    Los Angeles
    and Dublin.

I guess we can rule Dublin out now. So that's a choice of 5. But I'm taking a whole new fresh trip there. So this list is subject to any kind of change .... And I'll try to narrow it down to 3.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:wave: Yeah, I'm here.
    I have been waiting for the acustic Hold On on PJ radio but I'm ready for some Gone now!
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

:wave: Yeah, I'm here.
    I have been waiting for the acustic Hold On on PJ radio but I'm ready for some Gone now!

:thumbup: Let's go then !
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    Those versions for Severed hand and Marker .... are so much better than the ones we had on the rough draft !!
    Damnit, I knew I should have gone to that show in Paris too :x

Hell yeah they are. I love 'em.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    I'm really liking this Chicago one too. But I fear there might also be a 'break' at the start of it. The speech can stay or go. If it stays, it's a bit longish. But quite worth it.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    I'm really liking this Chicago one too. But I fear there might also be a 'break' at the start of it. The speech can stay or go. If it stays, it's a bit longish. But quite worth it.

I don't know what burning software is being used...but with Nero (the one I have)...you can do a crossfade to make the tracks blend in better.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:

Albany
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Denver
    Los Angeles
    and Dublin.

I guess we can rule Dublin out now. So that's a choice of 5. But I'm taking a whole new fresh trip there. So this list is subject to any kind of change .... And I'll try to narrow it down to 3.

If you guys really love the version of "Gone" that we have and the transition doesn't bother you, then we can keep it. To me it is a better version than what we had, but it doesn't flow as well. I say either keep it or we can explore Chicago or Milwaukee for Version 2.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Albany
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Denver
    Los Angeles
    and Dublin.

If you guys really love the version of "Gone" that we have and the transition doesn't bother you, then we can keep it. To me it is a better version than what we had, but it doesn't flow as well. I say either keep it or we can explore Chicago or Milwaukee for Version 2.

I think myra and mocik are keen to disappear on a deep 'Gone' exploration. I am just waiting by the sidelines to see what they come up with.

I think the album is sounding really really good though - so a few minor tweaks..... and...... bang!

Edit: Having said that, if some of the worthy contributors want to make it even better - far be it from me to stand in our way! :D

• Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    I think Version 1 is even stronger than Rough draft!!

Not really keen on this new version of Gone though. Of the new suggestions, I'd vote with Myra on Chicago.

And... although I suggested Antwerp for Severed Hand, It's a great version, but I don't feel it fits snugly on this mix!

Life Wasted, Worldwide Suicide, Comatose, Marker, Parachutes, Big Wave, Wasted Reprise to the end all brilliant.
  • Options
    myra wrote:

I'm listening to it right now and I like it!

From the other versions you mentioned for now my favourite is Milwaukee.
    I don't know if it's just me but does it have slightly different vibe in the beginning? Feels a bit stronger.
    I like vocals better and the build up is nice.
    Darkness comes in waves,... tell me, why invite it to stay?
  • Options
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

I don't know if it's just me but does it have slightly different vibe in the beginning? Feels a bit stronger.

Yeah, I really like this Milwaukee one. It sounds clearer somehow. No break at the start, music right from the beginning. The build up is nice, although I liked that of Albany slightly better, but that's very shallow. There is indeed a different vibe at the beginning, but that's nice. It's a 'confident' version :) .The backing vocals are really cool and 'in place' too.
    Tremors, I think this one is worth the checking too :)
  • Options
    I guess the question is now, what stays, what goes, and what comes on Version 2.

Life Wasted?

Gone???

Inside Job?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    mocik wrote:
    myra wrote:

Yeah, I really like this Milwaukee one. It sounds clearer somehow. No break at the start, music right from the beginning. The build up is nice, although I liked that of Albany slightly better, but that's very shallow. There is indeed a different vibe at the beginning, but that's nice. It's a 'confident' version :) .The backing vocals are really cool and 'in place' too.
    Tremors, I think this one is worth the checking too :)

Ok, will listen now. Thanks!

• Options
    Listening to Milwaukee now, and it's not perfect. A few minor...very minor guitar screw ups...My vote goes to Chicago.
  • Options
    I guess the question is now, what stays, what goes, and what comes on Version 2.

Life Wasted?

Gone???

Inside Job?

I'm not bothered with Life Wasted as it is. It's a decent opener I reckon.
    And Inside Job, I still really like the guitar part and the 'low' vocals don't bother me that much anymore. I fear we might be missing out if we change it.
    About Gone ... :think: ...
  • Options
    Listening to Milwaukee now, and it's not perfect. A few minor...very minor guitar screw ups...My vote goes to Chicago.

:evil: I just swore in French upon reading this :lol:
    You've got a 'out of this fucking town' in Los Angeles as well ;)