Options

Project #9 - Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic tracklist.

I have to admit that this is by far (IMO) the best sounding rough draft we have ever done. A HUGE thank you to everybody who made all of these great suggestions.

Remember though we are not done yet. I am sure that we will make some cuts, so please don't stop with your opinions and suggestions.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Can't wait for this one, fantastic work once again!!!! Setting up nicely for a "No Code" grand finale!?!?! :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    Can't wait for this one, fantastic work once again!!!! Setting up nicely for a "No Code" grand finale!?!?! :D

I don't really like to let the cat out of the bag, but yeah. :D

(maybe not a finale because we all enjoy doing this, but probably a hiatus)
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Project #9 - "Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live" **Rough Draft**

Track List:

Life Wasted - Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    World Wide Suicide - Vitoria, Spain (September 2, 2006)
    Comatose - Auburn Hills, Michigan (May 22, 2006)
    Severed Hand - Boston, Massachusetts (May 25, 2006)
    Marker In The Sand - Bern, Switzerland (September 13, 2006)
    Parachutes - Portland, Oregon (July 20, 2006)
    Unemployable - San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006)
    Big Wave - San Diego, California (July 7, 2006)
    Gone - Sydney, Australia (November 7, 2006)
    Wasted Reprise - Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006)
    Army Reserve - Sydney, Australia (November 8, 2006)
    Come Back - Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    Inside Job - Lisbon, Portugal (September 4, 2006)
    Masters of War - Washington DC (May 30, 2006)
    Throw Your Hatred Down - Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    I Believe In Miracles - Marseille, France (September 9, 2006)
    All Along the Watchtower - San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006)

I had a long drive for work today and had the Rough Draft all cued up and ready to rock...... but the CD burn failed :( Weird. So I will have to have my full listen through now I am back home and after I've had something to eat. I will be able to post some feedback in a few hours from now all being well!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Just finished first two listens.

This is sounding great already :D !!

Bonuses :

I wouldn't change a thing ! The track order runs smoothly, All Along ... definitely is a closer for it has this 'wilder' touch, I believe in miracles has to come second to last for it's more uplifting and positive somehow, Masters ... is slower and 'lower' (not in SQ !) so it comes well after Inside job, and well Throw... has to be after Masters ... anyway. Really relevant and coherent mood-wise. Love it !

Need to stay as they are :

WWS : great great version !! This song benefits so much from the live treatment !
    Comatose : I'm not a huge fan of this song. I'm not sure I'll ever be :( , but this one is pretty fun with the megaphone !
    Wasted Reprise : really like this one. Nice break half way through !
    Come back : I guess we could argue hours on end about which Come back is the best, but this one gets the job done IMO
    Parachutes : so sweet !

I'm not so sure about :

Gone : ok, I'm still unsure about whether we should go for acoustic on that one. I sort of miss the nice build up this song should have. I mean, it's building up, but not as much as it could due to the acoustic treatment. So I feel a bit let down there. I may be picky, but this is my 'Wishlist' off self-titled ... ;)
    Severed hand : same thing, I might be a bit picky again, but although it's a good version, I wonder if we can find another version where the vocal part is stronger, I reckon it's a bit 'swallowed' by the music there.
    Inside Job : same. I wonder if there is a version where the vocals are louder. It's a shame though, because the guitar part is just great, I love the long-ish intro. Also, the vocals are not expected to be 'loud' on that one. So I don't know really :?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

Bonuses :

I wouldn't change a thing ! The track order runs smoothly, All Along ... definitely is a closer for it has this 'wilder' touch, I believe in miracles has to come second to last for it's more uplifting and positive somehow, Masters ... is slower and 'lower' (not in SQ !) so it comes well after Inside job, and well Throw... has to be after Masters ... anyway. Really relevant and coherent mood-wise. Love it !

WWS : great great version !! This song benefits so much from the live treatment !
    Comatose : I'm not a huge fan of this song. I'm not sure I'll ever be :( , but this one is pretty fun with the megaphone !
    Come back : I guess we could argue hours on end about which Come back is the best, but this one gets the job done IMO

I'm not so sure about :

Gone : ok, I'm still unsure about whether we should go for acoustic on that one. I sort of miss the nice build up this song should have. I mean, it's building up, but not as much as it could due to the acoustic treatment. So I feel a bit let down there. I may be picky, but this is my 'Wishlist' off self-titled ... ;)
    Severed hand : same thing, I might be a bit picky again, but although it's a good version, I wonder if we can find another version where the vocal part is stronger, I reckon it's a bit 'swallowed' by the music there.
    Inside Job : same. I wonder if there is a version where the vocals are louder. It's a shame though, because the guitar part is just great, I love the long-ish intro. Also, the vocals are not expected to be 'loud' on that one. So I don't know really :?

Sounds good. Very helpful! I'm just gearing up for my proper listen....

• Options
    tremors wrote:

It sucks it didn't work in your car :( , I wondered what it sounded like since I didn't have to drive today. Can't you plug your phone or Ipod directly onto your car speakers so you don't have to burn the rough draft and the versions 1, 2 .... ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

It sucks it didn't work in your car :( , I wondered what it sounded like since I didn't have to drive today. Can't you plug your phone or Ipod directly onto your car speakers so you don't have to burn the rough draft and the versions 1, 2 .... ?

I'm not so advanced with gadgets as you - my car stereo won't allow that! I burned another CD before leaving this morning and that worked fine, so I think I can spare a few CD-Rs for the different versions - will be fine! Fun :D

• Options
    DazzlerDazzler Grimsby, UK Posts: 109
    After listening to the Rough Draft, Im loving most of it but I feel there is a little slump around Severed Hand and Marker in the Sand.

The rest flow together and are strong, solid versions. Also,the bonus tracks work really well.

I have suggested Antwerp 30/08 for Severed Hand and Bercy 11/09 for Marker, but I don't want to monopolise this project!!
  • Options
    Dazzler wrote:

I have suggested Antwerp 30/08 for Severed Hand and Bercy 11/09 for Marker, but I don't want to monopolise this project!!

Not so fast ... ;) If we agree on trying a different version for Severed hand, I might actually give it a go. Starting with Antwerp of course :D .
  • Options
    Got interrupted by a phone call - about 3/4 of the way through. I think it sounds really fantastic! The Studio album has been my least favourite PJ record - but I have enjoyed the songs more live - and this version is sounding superb!! I'm definitely going to listen to this one a lot! I will give more detailed feedback once I have got to the end.

• Options
    myra wrote:

Bonuses :

I'm not so sure about :

Totally agree with everything that Myra has laid out here with the exception of "Inside Job", I really liked that one, but if the rest of you would like to see it replaced, then I will go with the majority and we can locate another one.

Also I think that "Marker" needs to go. The compilation seems to bottleneck there.

A highlight for me is that awesome version of "Comatose". That megaphone is sweet.
  • Options
    Here is what Version 1 is looking like so far...

Project #9 - "Break the Sky: Pearl Jam Live" **Version 1**

Track List:

Severed Hand
    Marker In The Sand
    Gone
    Inside Job - Lisbon, Portugal (September 4, 2006)???
  • Options
    Sorry for my delayed response - kept getting phonecalls!

Having listened all through to the Rough Draft, all I can say is 'Wow!' I feel like I've been dazzled. Great job! I think you guys have a very good ear for Avocado live - much better than I! The only place I felt it fell a bit short was 'Gone' - but I'm sure today's suggestions will make things even better. Thanks for making me rock!

• Options
    Here is what Version 1 is looking like so far...

Track List:

Severed Hand
    Marker In The Sand
    Gone
    Inside Job - Lisbon, Portugal (September 4, 2006)???

I have a soft spot for the 'Gone' from the show I attended that year - Dublin. Have listened to it a lot and think it captures the mood of the night very well, was one of my highlights of the show. I haven't compared it with a lot of other versions though (how did you get on with your comparisons Myra?)

• Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    I know I suggested marker from Bern...but I checked out another version from Albany 5-12-06 was pretty good too.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Dublin "Gone" and Albany "Marker" work for me. 8-)

Track List:

Severed Hand
    Marker In The Sand - Albany, New York (May 12, 2006)
    Gone - Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
  • Options
    Had a listen, and then to most songs a second so this is just early impressions.
    Okay, this is a loooong post so bear with me

Life Wasted- a stronger version out there? I feel like maybe we need a bit more of a punch in it, to give it the awesome start that can keep up with WWS. Don't get me wrong, the version we have is pretty darn good. I just feel like maybe there's another one out there that's stronger?

WWS - Great So much energy, sounds so tight and upbeat and just great.

Comatose - Another great one. Love this song, love the energy. Love the microphone part, and Mike's solo was awesome as usual.

Severed Hand - I like it. Sounds great, maybe if there is a vocally stronger one out there then yeah that could do with a listen, but I really like the one we have. Sounds good to me.

Marker in the Sand - LOVE Eddie's voice, sounds sooooo good. This one is great, Love it :) Never used to be one of my favourites to listen to from this album, but I can't get it out of my head now. Love this one.

Parachutes - Lovely, just so great. Love this song, sounds great.

Unemployable - One of my favourites from the album. Love this one, the backing vocals, Ed's voice.The opening chords. All is just perfect. The band sounds great.

Big Wave - Again, just like Comatose and WWS, the energy in this one is brilliant. Guitars sound spot on. At some points however, maybe Ed's voice got lost in the mix? Backing vocals sounded very strong, but at one point they almost drowned Eddie out? Or maybe it's just me? Maybe if there is one where the vocals are stronger? But it is just that one point and I'm being very picky. Otherwise it was perfect, guitars sounded tight. Not one of my favourites from the album either, so maybe that's why I'm being finicky?

Gone - Loved this one, thought it was great. Had to listen a few times because I always end up singing-a-long and then not being able to listen to it properly :D Thought it was great, nice tempo to follow Big Wave

Wasted Reprise - beautiful. Lovely interlude

Army Reserve- another favourite - LOVE this version. Ed's voice sounds good, the band is on. It's all good IMO

Come Back - probably my least favourite from the album, something about it. It's like the "Wishlist" of Avocado for me :lol: I probably just don't get it. Anyway, I liked this one. Sounded serene, sweet but sincere. Ed's voice was great, the variation from soft and delicate to a kind of cry-growl moan or something? Sounded great, made me appreciate the song a bit more

Inside Job - one of the best songs on the album, an absolute favourite. Great intro, guitar sounds perfect. Quite long but I think it suits well, Ed's voice starts off a bit low in the mix (something that is very common throughout these boots I think?) but it still sounds good. Backing vocals sound good too- very prominent on some songs throughout this project :think: hmmm, a few more listens will show whether we need to have another search for this one. I had quite high expectations for this, as will many because it's such a powerful and amazing song.Finishes the album off beautifully
    This one is great that we have though, picks up and really gathers speed.

BONUS TRACKS! :D Was looking forward to these sooooooooo much because of the last project - those ones were fabulous.

Masters of War - great. just great (jeez how many times have i said that in this post?! :lol: ). Heard a few different versions before, this is definitely one of the most powerful. The muted guitar effect is great, completely draws me into the song. Sounds perfect. Nice follow up to Inside Job IMO, didn't think it would go as smoothly as it did to be honest.

Throw Your Hatred Down - I like the blend and move from the solemn, slower Masters of War into this upbeat number. Like it a lot, sounds good. Follows up very well. Nice change of tone, whole band sounds good.

I Believe in Miracles - From Throw your Hatred Down into this, another great blend. Works superbly. Sounds very upbeat, uplifting almost. Like it a lot

All Along The Watchtower - What a great finish to a great project. Perfect ending, just such a great song anyway and then this version is brilliant. Very rocky, gritty in some parts, very very cool.

Anyway I've rambled a LOT
    Will see what everyone else has to say

Sounds great though, for a rough draft. Sounds very good, love the album. Love this project :D
  • Options

Track List:

Severed Hand

Cool! I know you don't like to mess around.... :D

• Options
    just had a look at the thread

Severed Hand, Marker and Gone have...GONE?

Okay, I understand about Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand sounded good to me but I'm sure that the newer version will be even better.

But GONE?
    where has it gone? :lol: sorry, couldn't help it

okay, looks like it's in Ireland.
    I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

Listened to it again just now, I like it. Sounds better now, but I'm still a bit unsure

WWS sounds better than ever, maybe that's why Life Wasted sounds less amazing, because WWS sounds sooo good :)
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Track List:

Severed Hand

Cool! I know you don't like to mess around.... :D
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Had a listen, and then to most songs a second so this is just early impressions.
    Okay, this is a loooong post so bear with me

Life Wasted- a stronger version out there? I feel like maybe we need a bit more of a punch in it, to give it the awesome start that can keep up with WWS. Don't get me wrong, the version we have is pretty darn good. I just feel like maybe there's another one out there that's stronger?

WWS - Great So much energy, sounds so tight and upbeat and just great.

Comatose - Another great one. Love this song, love the energy. Love the microphone part, and Mike's solo was awesome as usual.

Severed Hand - I like it. Sounds great, maybe if there is a vocally stronger one out there then yeah that could do with a listen, but I really like the one we have. Sounds good to me.

Marker in the Sand - LOVE Eddie's voice, sounds sooooo good. This one is great, Love it :) Never used to be one of my favourites to listen to from this album, but I can't get it out of my head now. Love this one.

Parachutes - Lovely, just so great. Love this song, sounds great.

Unemployable - One of my favourites from the album. Love this one, the backing vocals, Ed's voice.The opening chords. All is just perfect. The band sounds great.

Big Wave - Again, just like Comatose and WWS, the energy in this one is brilliant. Guitars sound spot on. At some points however, maybe Ed's voice got lost in the mix? Backing vocals sounded very strong, but at one point they almost drowned Eddie out? Or maybe it's just me? Maybe if there is one where the vocals are stronger? But it is just that one point and I'm being very picky. Otherwise it was perfect, guitars sounded tight. Not one of my favourites from the album either, so maybe that's why I'm being finicky?

Gone - Loved this one, thought it was great. Had to listen a few times because I always end up singing-a-long and then not being able to listen to it properly :D Thought it was great, nice tempo to follow Big Wave

Wasted Reprise - beautiful. Lovely interlude

Army Reserve- another favourite - LOVE this version. Ed's voice sounds good, the band is on. It's all good IMO

Come Back - probably my least favourite from the album, something about it. It's like the "Wishlist" of Avocado for me :lol: I probably just don't get it. Anyway, I liked this one. Sounded serene, sweet but sincere. Ed's voice was great, the variation from soft and delicate to a kind of cry-growl moan or something? Sounded great, made me appreciate the song a bit more

Inside Job - one of the best songs on the album, an absolute favourite. Great intro, guitar sounds perfect. Quite long but I think it suits well, Ed's voice starts off a bit low in the mix (something that is very common throughout these boots I think?) but it still sounds good. Backing vocals sound good too- very prominent on some songs throughout this project :think: hmmm, a few more listens will show whether we need to have another search for this one. I had quite high expectations for this, as will many because it's such a powerful and amazing song.Finishes the album off beautifully
    This one is great that we have though, picks up and really gathers speed.

BONUS TRACKS! :D Was looking forward to these sooooooooo much because of the last project - those ones were fabulous.

Masters of War - great. just great (jeez how many times have i said that in this post?! :lol: ). Heard a few different versions before, this is definitely one of the most powerful. The muted guitar effect is great, completely draws me into the song. Sounds perfect. Nice follow up to Inside Job IMO, didn't think it would go as smoothly as it did to be honest.

Throw Your Hatred Down - I like the blend and move from the solemn, slower Masters of War into this upbeat number. Like it a lot, sounds good. Follows up very well. Nice change of tone, whole band sounds good.

I Believe in Miracles - From Throw your Hatred Down into this, another great blend. Works superbly. Sounds very upbeat, uplifting almost. Like it a lot

All Along The Watchtower - What a great finish to a great project. Perfect ending, just such a great song anyway and then this version is brilliant. Very rocky, gritty in some parts, very very cool.

Anyway I've rambled a LOT
    Will see what everyone else has to say

Sounds great though, for a rough draft. Sounds very good, love the album. Love this project :D

Okay, I understand about Severed Hand, Marker in the Sand sounded good to me but I'm sure that the newer version will be even better.

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

Listened to it again just now, I like it. Sounds better now, but I'm still a bit unsure

WWS sounds better than ever, maybe that's why Life Wasted sounds less amazing, because WWS sounds sooo good :)

Great work and description "E". :thumbup: I love all the detail.

As for "Gone", I think that the rest of us weren't too excited about it. I think that Dublin will turn out good. :D
  • Options

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

What do the rest of you think about "Life Wasted"? Should it stay or go? I think that it sounded fine, but I am kind of indifferent to it so it doesn't matter me either way.

Also, how about "Inside Job"... should it stay or go?
  • Options

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

Unfortunately some of your favourites had already bitten the cutting room floor..... Cameron4President is pretty ruthless. Usually I am pretty much in sync with your ears electricxlovex - but not so much this time.... just goes to show!!

• Options
    tremors wrote:

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

Unfortunately some of your favourites had already bitten the cutting room floor..... Cameron4President is pretty ruthless. Usually I am pretty much in sync with your ears electricxlovex - but not so much this time.... just goes to show!!
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

What do the rest of you think about "Life Wasted"? Should it stay or go? I think that it sounded fine, but I am kind of indifferent to it so it doesn't matter me either way.

Also, how about "Inside Job"... should it stay or go?

I thought Life Wasted was pretty good - interesting with a slightly different delivery from some. My problem is I loved almost all of the Rough Draft! No doubt it can be improved - but I'm not going to be the best judge of where

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    I thought Life Wasted was pretty good - interesting with a slightly different delivery from some. My problem is I loved almost all of the Rough Draft! No doubt it can be improved - but I'm not going to be the best judge of where

This is a great rough draft. Making cuts to this one has been hard. I say for the time being we keep "Life Wasted" and discuss it when we get to Version 2.
  • Options
    stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    i am at work and cannot currently listen to them, but from memory, i will give it a shot...

Life Wasted - one of the following was stellar...just cannot remember at the moment....5-27-06, 5-28-06, 6-1-06 or 6-3-06

Inside Job - I think Cleveland 5-20-06 was a standout for me...

Again...all from memory, so please be gentle. :)
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

But GONE?

I'll listen to it now

What about Life Wasted?

yes they have :evil:

but I know that the newer versions will be as good as, or better, than what we already have, you guys have great ears :lol:

I don't mind about Life Wasted, but I don't think it would hurt to get a new version. I could do it if you wanted me to? Keep this one for Version2, I will see if I have time (very busy at the moment, why I've barely contributed to this one which sucks because i LOVE this album) to search for a new one

stateoflove79 may be able to help with that

Inside Job - personally I like this one, but again it wouldn't hurt to find one where maybe Ed's voice is stronger? But I LOVE the guitar intro
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    I can't believe my two suggestion made it, thanks! :D
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!