How Much Are You Paying ?

1234568»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you folks really wanna fuck with the government and the oil companies? stop driving. stop driving period. if every single person in this country stayed home from work for one week things would change.

if every smoker quit smoking cigarettes the tobacco companies would be bankrupt in short order.

i am always thinking this way. i catch myself doing this extreme stuff quite a bit. it is a rebelion of sorts. we are taking back our country and shutting fuckers down that we do not appreaciate any longer.

wanna stop making dubai billionaires wealthier than they already are? park your car for a week, all across this nation. this would be utterly hysterical and fantastic. i long for the day when such a day comes. i do not drive my car on the weekends unless i absolutely have too. this feels good to me. i am saving gas, saving what little money i have and it is time to relax, stay home and write and play guitar.

i live in rural iowa, small towns iowa. we do not have a bus transit worth a hoot here. there is a transit bus system in place but they are operated by a whacky system. they charge $20 per hour per person to travel anywhere. i'm like, what the fuck?

western washington state has the greatest bus transit system i have ever used. college students ride free and if not a student $1 get your ass a long frickin ways.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    you folks really wanna fuck with the government and the oil companies? stop driving. stop driving period. if every single person in this country stayed home from work for one week things would change.

if every smoker quit smoking cigarettes the tobacco companies would be bankrupt in short order.

i am always thinking this way. i catch myself doing this extreme stuff quite a bit. it is a rebelion of sorts. we are taking back our country and shutting fuckers down that we do not appreaciate any longer.

wanna stop making dubai billionaires wealthier than they already are? park your car for a week, all across this nation. this would be utterly hysterical and fantastic. i long for the day when such a day comes. i do not drive my car on the weekends unless i absolutely have too. this feels good to me. i am saving gas, saving what little money i have and it is time to relax, stay home and write and play guitar.

i live in rural iowa, small towns iowa. we do not have a bus transit worth a hoot here. there is a transit bus system in place but they are operated by a whacky system. they charge $20 per hour per person to travel anywhere. i'm like, what the fuck?

western washington state has the greatest bus transit system i have ever used. college students ride free and if not a student $1 get your ass a long frickin ways.

you'd be hard pressed to get people to park on a sunday. forget about a week straight
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    chadwick wrote:

Lead the way!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,699
    chadwick wrote:

The hills are too steep and the road too dangerous for me to ride my bike to work and there's not bus out here, Chadwick, but our commute is a short one and my wife and I try to have a least one "no-drive day" every week. Last week we had two no-drive days. It's really not hard to do. We ride share whenever possible as well. When I lived in the Bay Area where public transportation is good to great I almost never drove to work and yet the roads, highways and streets were constantly jammed up. Americans are addicted to there solo driving, believing it is some kind of god-given privilege and right to drive alone.

When peak oil really starts to settle in people will either adapt or freak out- but instead of preparing for the future by ending suburbia, improving rail service and building walkable communities we're just sticking our heads deeper in the sand so I think there will be a lot of freaking out.

We're looking for a place to have my book business in front or below and live in back or above so that even a short commute will be unnecessary. Most of us would do well to look for work close to home, especially in places where public transit is not an option.

The strange thing to me is that no one is talking about peak oil- like it doesn't exist. Classic denial.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    Petrol prices are nearly at their all time high again here about $12USD a gallon or $2.19NZD a litre! I have never filled up my V6 because it would cost close to $180!! There is no public transport in my small town and I try to have a least 2 car less days a week.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    highest in the state $4.39/reg and $4.69/premium

I do see $5/gallon by Memorial Day...maybe we'll stay home. :|
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    RKCNDY wrote:
    highest in the state $4.39/reg and $4.69/premium

I do see $5/gallon by Memorial Day...maybe we'll stay home. :|

Nah...We'll bomb something before it gets to that point.