How Much Are You Paying ?

Comments

• spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    Just paid 3.56 here in KY
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Our other vehicle is a 3/4 Chevy pick-up...a while back when gas was around $4/gallon, someone siphoned out about 3/4 of the tank which I just filled the morning before ($90- :twisted: ) gas door open, cap loose...and there were pry marks on the honda's gas door.

Locking gas caps cost about $12...best $12 I ever spent.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=145975

We pay $2.19 per litre which is $8.28 a US gallon
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    I haven't filled my car up in over a year because it would cost around $120! I usually put $40 every 10 days which does my running to school and work. I saw a post before complaining paying $40 for a full tank!!

Discounting the exchange rate - because it is all relative to how much you earn, I work part time (30 hours) and after I pay tax, student loan and retirement I take home $396 a week, so if I filled my car it would take 30% of my wages!
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I dont usually look but I think its around 3.80 for me now (premium)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    It's costing me $40+ now to fill up my two door Civic. I can't imagine having something with shitty gas mileage. Prices were in the $1 to $1.50 range when I had my Jeep ten years ago.

my average fill up is about 18.5 gallons, which at 4.09 works out to be $75. I've had $80 tanks before.

if i don't screw around much on the weekends i can go three weeks. however, two weeks is the norm.

overall i get 23.5 mpg, although in the summer, it's closer to 25.

2 or 3 weeks?? :shock:

do you live at your job? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    It's costing me $40+ now to fill up my two door Civic. I can't imagine having something with shitty gas mileage. Prices were in the $1 to $1.50 range when I had my Jeep ten years ago.

my average fill up is about 18.5 gallons, which at 4.09 works out to be $75. I've had $80 tanks before.

if i don't screw around much on the weekends i can go three weeks. however, two weeks is the norm.

overall i get 23.5 mpg, although in the summer, it's closer to 25.

2 or 3 weeks?? :shock:

do you live at your job? :lol:

used to live .631 miles away.

currently live 7.5 miles. i get ~450 miles on an average tank.

gf would be right around 4K miles a year without any road trips.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    $3.79 in pittsburgh
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Saw it's now at $4.59 in Chicago.. It's like we are being fucked and nobody cares.

I wish there was a way to protest, but I can't afford not to use my car. :(

Definitely trying to drive less, make less trips.
    4.25 is common, snaged 4.04 friday
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    81 wrote:
    Why is it so much more expensive in Chicago and California than other places across the country?

I'm hearing it's only 3.81 average in the U.S. now... Funny how I say "only". :roll:
    Gob wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Why is it so much more expensive in Chicago and California than other places across the country?

I'm hearing it's only 3.81 average in the U.S. now... Funny how I say "only". :roll:
    Chicago sucks.

Taxes and demand and taxes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    Yesterday I paid $3.70, in Jersey.
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • myramyra Posts: 1,257
    tinkerbell wrote:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=145975

We pay $2.19 per litre which is $8.28 a US gallon

Wow, and I thought we had it bad here with 1,4 € / liter ($ 7,8 a gallon) for diesel. Still have to fill my tank on an average of every two weeks, so that $ 120 per month.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    $3.95 for premium

:evil:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,964
    jimed14 wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    I paid $54.00 yesterday to fill up my station wagon. Not good at all.

Ed, the car salesman: Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

truckster.jpg

You should've gone with the Metallic Blue Sport Wagon.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I spent $5 for a hose, so I siphon my neighbors' gas.
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 822
    $4.19 is the cheapest I've found recently
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 2021: SHN, Ohana 2 & 3, 2022: LA 1 & 2, PHX, OAK 1 & 2, Fresno, MSG, BNA, B&B, STL, OKC, DEN, 2023: MSP 1 & 2, CHI 1 & 2, DFW 2, AUS 1 & 2, 2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, LV 1 & 2, SEA 1 & 2
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I've been at $3.90 ....
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Saw 3.99 today driving to work...

We should all resort back to horse back and bicycles...and raise a finger to the gas companies F-ing pricks that they are!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    smart move of the juggler to purchase an suv last month... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    4.29 - 4.35 around here. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

ooooomph....man. most around here are still around 3.90 or so. past a couple around 4.00 though.
    www.myspace.com

Is that a V6 ? How's the mileage been ?

81 wrote:

ooooomph....man. most around here are still around 3.90 or so. past a couple around 4.00 though.

Other than because they can..has anyone heard a real reason for this massive increase ?

Speculators driving this market still ? I thought they fixed that whole mess..apparently not

• EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    jimed14 wrote:
    vduboise wrote:
    I paid $54.00 yesterday to fill up my station wagon. Not good at all.

Ed, the car salesman: Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

truckster.jpg

You should've gone with the Metallic Blue Sport Wagon.[/quote]
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: One of the funniest movies of ALL TIME!!! Loved that part.
    81 wrote:

Other than because they can..has anyone heard a real reason for this massive increase ?

Speculators driving this market still ? I thought they fixed that whole mess..apparently not

seems like there was a big spike when libya went ape shit. that's the last big driver that i recall. now's it's going to be "it's driving season".
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    seems like there was a big spike when libya went ape shit. that's the last big driver that i recall. now's it's going to be "it's driving season".

Thats a reason I heard but has there been any loss of production since the fighting started ?

Or its "there might be a problem" :roll:

I dont recall seeing oil fields burning out of control since this whole mess started

81 wrote:

Thats a reason I heard but has there been any loss of production since the fighting started ?

Or its "there might be a problem" :roll:

I dont recall seeing oil fields burning out of control since this whole mess started

there are disruptions, but libya only accounts for 2% of world demand. :roll: i'm going to guess speculators are getting in on the action again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Is that a V6 ? How's the mileage been ?

yeah...all in all it averages around 16-17mph. which isn't much worse than my old maxima and for an suv, is okay, i guess.

as far as gas prices, yeah like 81 said libya has something to do with it---and summer time is alwasy bad.

bottom line is, and as much as everyone doesn't want to, we need to start drilling in the gulf again. a couple years ago when they even started talking about drilling off the coast of carolina (could be wrong on the state) gas prices dropped pretty significantly.
    www.myspace.com