How Much Are You Paying ?

Comments

• mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    $3.79 today.... :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    Try coming to the UK to buy Petrol (Gas) or Diesel - £1.45 a litre! What a total rip off!!!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    i generate my own electricity thru a gas power plant attached to my rectum

How much a day?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

How much a day?

3 lbs of cheese
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

How much a day?

3 lbs of cheese

steak works the best.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

steak works the best.

i would've guessed bacon wrapped pigeon...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • big mickbig mick Posts: 773
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

steak works the best.

i would've guessed bacon wrapped pigeon...
    You're right steak does work best!
    Reading England 2006, Manchester England 2009, London England 2010, Manchester 1 2012, EV London 1 2012
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Palm Beach Florida $3.84 and steadly going up.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891
    DS1119 wrote:
    To the people who bitch and moan here about how we should use public transportation and make an effort blah blah blah...there are those that would argue wasting time on internet forums is just wasting electricity. Electricity that is mostly produced by burning coal. Just saying...
    :? That's an... interesting concept... So we should not do one good thing if we're doing one other thing no so good. :roll: I live in Vancouver. Hydro electricity, no coal - hurray. Anyway, kind of a weird argument. Every little bit of effort counts!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    To the people who bitch and moan here about how we should use public transportation and make an effort blah blah blah...there are those that would argue wasting time on internet forums is just wasting electricity. Electricity that is mostly produced by burning coal. Just saying...
    :? That's an... interesting concept... So we should not do one good thing if we're doing one other thing no so good. :roll: I live in Vancouver. Hydro electricity, no coal - hurray. Anyway, kind of a weird argument. Every little bit of effort counts!

Like you said...I guess we should all shut off our computers and save electricity...every little bit helps. We could all have one big communal cell phone that we share, ban air conditioning, do away with wrapping paper, etc. Better yet could all live in caves and walk everywhere we go. Imagine the resources that would be saved. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Like you said...I guess we should all shut off our computers and save electricity...every little bit helps. We could all have one big communal cell phone that we share, ban air conditioning, do away with wrapping paper, etc. Better yet could all live in caves and walk everywhere we go. Imagine the resources that would be saved. :lol:
    Okaaaay. If you want to diss me for trying to do my own part by not relying on cars, that's your problem I guess. I don't know how someone can scoff at others who are just trying to do something they think makes the world a slightly better place, and trying to encourage others to do the same. I really just don't understand your attitude here.
    Er, yeah, if more people would choose to focus on saving more electricity, recycling more, using less paper, etc, that would also be really good! ... :? I seriously have no idea what point you're trying to make, lol!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I seriously have no idea what point you're trying to make, lol!

sometimes it's just best to not reply to DS. :lol: hell, i had to unfollow him on twitter to maintain my sanity. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Okaaaay. If you want to diss me for trying to do my own part by not relying on cars, that's your problem I guess. I don't know how someone can scoff at others who are just trying to do something they think makes the world a slightly better place, and trying to encourage others to do the same. I really just don't understand your attitude here.
    Er, yeah, if more people would choose to focus on saving more electricity, recycling more, using less paper, etc, that would also be really good! ... :? I seriously have no idea what point you're trying to make, lol![/quote]

I'm all for enviromental friendliness...seriously. It's the people who try to impose their views that ruffle my feathers. When words are used like "we should"...no everyone should do what's best for themselves and the people they care about. If someone wants to drive somewhere instead of taking a bus, it's their right. They bought the car, paid for the gas, and know the consequences of what they are doing. I for one have to drive everywhere I go quite simply because there's no other alternative. I also don't want my taxes increased so a bus line can be created so now I can ride a bus to work having my commuting times increeased just so a select few can feel better all in the while creating an even bigger government.
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

sometimes it's just best to not reply to DS. :lol: hell, i had to unfollow him on twitter to maintain my sanity. :P

Oh, okay, good to know, lol!
    we should recycle
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm all for enviromental friendliness...seriously. It's the people who try to impose their views that ruffle my feathers. When words are used like "we should"...no everyone should do what's best for themselves and the people they care about. If someone wants to drive somewhere instead of taking a bus, it's their right. They bought the car, paid for the gas, and know the consequences of what they are doing. I for one have to drive everywhere I go quite simply because there's no other alternative. I also don't want my taxes increased so a bus line can be created so now I can ride a bus to work having my commuting times increeased just so a select few can feel better all in the while creating an even bigger government.

:lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't even get me started with this subject. I got into it at the mall two weeks ago with this guy collecting donations to clean the enviroment or some bs like that. You know why I went off on him??? He was drinking bottled water. :lol: He wants MY money to help clean the enviroment when he could just as well drink water out of the tap. and saving the cost and impact on the enviroment of filtering and bottling the water, the plastic to make the bottle, the transportation to get the water from the bottling plant to the warehouse, the transportation to then get the water to the stores.

If you're that concerned about the enviroment get a refillable bottle and find a tap idiot! :evil:
    81 wrote:
    let me know when coke jumps 25% in a month.

if we start levying a tax on high-fructose corn syrup ... you just might see that spike ...

if america wants to support israel unconditionally and beat the drums of war ... well, guess what ... oil and in relation gas prices are gonna go up ...

you want to lower gas price? ... stop creating wars for it and lower your consumption ...
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Er, yeah, if more people would choose to focus on saving more electricity, recycling more, using less paper, etc, that would also be really good! ... :? I seriously have no idea what point you're trying to make, lol!

I'm all for enviromental friendliness...seriously. It's the people who try to impose their views that ruffle my feathers. When words are used like "we should"...no everyone should do what's best for themselves and the people they care about. If someone wants to drive somewhere instead of taking a bus, it's their right. They bought the car, paid for the gas, and know the consequences of what they are doing. I for one have to drive everywhere I go quite simply because there's no other alternative. I also don't want my taxes increased so a bus line can be created so now I can ride a bus to work having my commuting times increeased just so a select few can feel better all in the while creating an even bigger government.[/quote]

I'm not trying to impose anything... I'm pretty sure I didn't put a gun to your head. Yeah, I think people should reduce their dependence on cars... How that is imposing anything on you or denying you of any right, I do not know.... *head shake* Oh yeah, I've gotta just not respond, lol. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't even get me started with this subject. I got into it at the mall two weeks ago with this guy collecting donations to clean the enviroment or some bs like that. You know why I went off on him??? He was drinking bottled water. :lol: He wants MY money to help clean the enviroment when he could just as well drink water out of the tap. and saving the cost and impact on the enviroment of filtering and bottling the water, the plastic to make the bottle, the transportation to get the water from the bottling plant to the warehouse, the transportation to then get the water to the stores.

If you're that concerned about the enviroment get a refillable bottle and find a tap idiot! :evil:

I have a bottle of water... I bought the bottled water, like, 6 months ago, and have been reusing the same bottle ever since. I think a lot of people do that... If someone just keeps buying new ones, yeah, that's crap, but most people I know refills them over and over.
    polaris_x wrote:
    ... stop creating wars for it and lower your consumption ...

don't look at me.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    DS1119 wrote:

but that bottle of water came from the glacial waters of a spring on some sacred mountain top...$0.05 from the sale of every bottle goes to help preserve that mountain...

...or maybe the water was extracted from the tears of baby seals...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I have a bottle of water... I bought the bottled water, like, 6 months ago, and have been reusing the same bottle ever since. I think a lot of people do that... If someone just keeps buying new ones, yeah, that's crap, but most people I know refills them over and over.

sadly, there are a shit ton of people that buy bottled water and never refill it.

i try to avoid buying, but sometimes you have to.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:

as much as i disagree with DS's rant ... he is right about bottled water ... and if i were you - i would go and get a reusable stainless steel water bottle ... the plastic they use to put bottled water in is not good and degrade really fast ... the chemicals in the plastic off gas and leach as it decomposes ... with each day - it leaches more into the water you put into it ...
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I'm not trying to impose anything... I'm pretty sure I didn't put a gun to your head. Yeah, I think people should reduce their dependence on cars... How that is imposing anything on you or denying you of any right, I do not know.... *head shake* Oh yeah, I've gotta just not respond, lol. :lol:

You wrote this right? Sounds to me like you're trying to impose your will. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I know that it really is a necessity for many (ONE car per family, that is, wherever possible). But for SO many others it totally isn't. I just wish all those people would cut their dependence and ditch the cars - cut the air pollution, noise pollution... with less traffic, transit would be faster. With more people using transit, Transit systems would improve quickly. With more walking and cycling, people would be healthier. With more carpooling, people would have more of a sense of community. And a pretty big decrease in our dependence on oil, not to mention encouraging the development of alternative transportation technology. That all sounds great to me, for those for whom it's possible. Excuses like "family out of state" and "gotta go to home depot"... well, that doesn't fly for me. There are ways. Again, just addicted to convenience, and that's pretty much modern society's main problem all 'round. But again, I get that for SOME, a car can be a necessity. As for gas prices... yes, the totally random pricing is crazy, and intact doesn't even seem legal.
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

You wrote this right? Sounds to me like you're trying to impose your will. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yeah, I know that it really is a necessity for many (ONE car per family, that is, wherever possible). But for SO many others it totally isn't. I just wish all those people would cut their dependence and ditch the cars - cut the air pollution, noise pollution... with less traffic, transit would be faster. With more people using transit, Transit systems would improve quickly. With more walking and cycling, people would be healthier. With more carpooling, people would have more of a sense of community. And a pretty big decrease in our dependence on oil, not to mention encouraging the development of alternative transportation technology. That all sounds great to me, for those for whom it's possible. Excuses like "family out of state" and "gotta go to home depot"... well, that doesn't fly for me. There are ways. Again, just addicted to convenience, and that's pretty much modern society's main problem all 'round. But again, I get that for SOME, a car can be a necessity. As for gas prices... yes, the totally random pricing is crazy, and intact doesn't even seem legal.

My god, I had no idea that my opinions had such POWER!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

My god, I had no idea that my opinions had such POWER!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It's not personal against you, this is just one of my pet peeves. When people say things like we should be limited to one car when possible...who makes that decision of what's possible? We should carpool to build a sense of community? I don't want to drive around all morning and after work picking up and dropping off co-workers to build a community. I work with them enough. I am addicted to convenience. What is really wrong with that?
    DS1119 wrote:
    It's not personal against you, this is just one of my pet peeves. When people say things like we should be limited to one car when possible...who makes that decision of what's possible? We should carpool to build a sense of community? I don't want to drive around all morning and after work picking up and dropping off co-workers to build a community. I work with them enough. I am addicted to convenience. What is really wrong with that?

it becomes an issue when your convenience impacts others ... if a guy walking his dog doesn't feel like picking up the dog's shit on your lawn because it isn't convenient ... how ya gonna feel about it?

the planet is for everyone ... there is just one ... the air, the water, etc ... we all share it ... you want to pollute the air because you feel it's your right ... so be it ... it's not an uncommon opinion ... it doesn't make it right ...