Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    St. Louis 98. Pure bliss
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Pap said:

Universal City 07/10/09

This is the other side of that song... This is love when it's good... This morning Jeff told me to watch a movie called The Cove... It's about dolphins and the killing, the slaughter of dolphins in Japan... Taiji I think is the name of the town... It's an incredible documentary... It's human beings at their absolute fucking worse... I couldn't wait to get to the show, and see us be better than that, and make something positive happen... So, it's a love song we're gonna dedicate it to the dolphins... ~ Eddie Vedder

I'm going to listen to this boot, and I'll watch The Cove doco. Dolphins are amazing and need to be looked after. Thanks Pap, these quotes are always appreciated, you are very patient to get them word for word!
    It's REALLY hard to watch The Cove...
    make sure you have a full box of tissues!!
    :bawling:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    derbydave said:

Pap said:

Universal City 07/10/09

This is the other side of that song... This is love when it's good... This morning Jeff told me to watch a movie called The Cove... It's about dolphins and the killing, the slaughter of dolphins in Japan... Taiji I think is the name of the town... It's an incredible documentary... It's human beings at their absolute fucking worse... I couldn't wait to get to the show, and see us be better than that, and make something positive happen... So, it's a love song we're gonna dedicate it to the dolphins... ~ Eddie Vedder

I'm going to listen to this boot, and I'll watch The Cove doco. Dolphins are amazing and need to be looked after. Thanks Pap, these quotes are always appreciated, you are very patient to get them word for word!
    I just read the write up in wiki, not sure I need to watch it (more to the point I don't want to see dolphins bring graphically killed), I think I might need more than one box of tissues!!!

I can't believe how many dolphins and porpoises are being killed annually, it's heartbreaking.

I'm going to listen to the boot, it doesn't sound as sad :cry:
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Phoenix 2013
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

Pap said:

Universal City 07/10/09

I just read the write up in wiki, not sure I need to watch it (more to the point I don't want to see dolphins bring graphically killed), I think I might need more than one box of tissues!!!

I can't believe how many dolphins and porpoises are being killed annually, it's heartbreaking.

I'm going to listen to the boot, it doesn't sound as sad :cry:
    It's a good documentary...
    BUT if you're an animal lover,
    It's definitely difficult to watch AND hear!!
    AND I agree...it IS heartbreaking!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    sydney 95. another fantastic show from the australia/oz run.
    thanks natasha!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

sydney 95. another fantastic show from the australia/oz run.
    thanks natasha!!!!

I was at that one :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,540

You're welcome Natasha! :smile: It is harsh to watch. Sometimes, it even makes you feel indignant watching innocent beautiful creatures being brutally and cowardly killed. But at the same time it is very thought-provoking. It also leaves you with a sense of hope that there are people out there trying to make a difference.

Dolphin Slaughter
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    First Salt Lake City show in 1995
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Winnipeg 17/09/11

This was written with a Canadian local... This is one we did with Neil Young... We did a whole record, it was called Mirror Ball, back in the day... I remember coming in the studio and the guys were working hard and I said: "How's it going?" and Neil looked at me and goes: "We got nine if you write one we got ten"... So after having not written a song in like two months, I went up and about half hour wrote a song just so he can have ten... But it wasn't till like two years ago that I realised that the chorus was almost exactly Cinnamon Girl and he never said a damn thing about it... ~ Eddie Vedder
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,730
    Toronto 2003
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Hartford 2013....so good.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Vienna 14
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Vancouver 25/09/11
  • Options
    hartford 08
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,628
    Denver 2 2006
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Pap said:

Vancouver 25/09/11

The next song is about a guy called Chris McCandless... He was an activist and naturist... He ended up in Alaska but I know he passed through this part of the country on his way... This is something that Matt and the guys request that we play... It's called Setting Forth... ~ Eddie Vedder

N.B: Corduroy & Porch
  • Options
    2010 NY----Slow Lukin
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    Tulsa, Oklahoma-October 8th, 2014

About halfway through the first encore, and this one is the best one so far, of this Midwest tour(though it's only the 4th show of that tour>LOL)
  • Options

2010 NY----Slow Lukin

I love fast Lukin, but slow Lukin is always a welcome change :)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Los Angeles 23/11/13

What the drummer sits on is a stool... It's not a chair... But they call it the throne... When I heard that when I was about 15 I was like: "Really?... The drummer gets a throne"? Now, when you think of Matt Cameron... That's why... I understand... He deserves a throne... He's a king and we're all merely his subjects...Thank you Matt... ~ Eddie Vedder
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 246
    Brasilia 2015 - right now on PJ radio!
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options

• Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    St. Louis 2014
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options

How is it?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,730

How is it?
    Any issues??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I didn't hear any issues. Although I missed first few songs, it's a really good bootleg with really good setlist! :) Those SA bootlegs are great!
    Post edited by halloweenhead95 on
  • Options
    brasilia has some issues,at some song..like habit,or tremor...
    but is away better thasn sao paulo-porto and ba//
    and its a must have ..show was fantastic
    and seriously,,is the best solo,mike - boom at crazy mary,,yopur hair will be up!!
  • Options
    pits 06
  • Options

and seriously,,is the best solo,mike - boom at crazy mary,,yopur hair will be up!!

Yeah! That solo was great, really liked 'Paint It Black' riffs during solos - first Boom, then Mike repeated! :)