Options

Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301

Pap said:

Pap said:

Universal City 01/10/09

We played this song a lot of times back in the day and then we decided that we weren't gonna play it... Well, it wasn't that we decided it was just that every time we played it, it literally felt like the roof was caving in on my head and somebody was pouring cream soda on my head and I would start to black out ... And we did it at sound check today and apparently it still happens for some reason... So if I happen to fall on the floor can somebody... Just come pick up the mic and finish the song... ~ Eddie Vedder

What song was this is regards to?
    Jeremy - Have a look here and feel free to add more: Blackout Songs.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    cutz said:

Milton Keynes, UK-2014

Good, solid Boot.

I was there! :smile: There's a nineties vibe all over that setlist, I would say.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    pjfaninindianapjfaninindiana Northeast Indiana Posts: 311
    East Troy 2003
  • Options
    Minneapolis 1998. Pretty funny start to Betterman, Ed starts with "Talking to herself..." and the crowd sings and continues along. He says something like "That's really good but that's the second verse. Gotcha!" That was a good laugh.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    listening to melbourne 2.08.2012
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    listened and played to some Leeds 2014 today, was a good time :smile:
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    JWPearl said:

Did you enjoy this show? I love the Australian 2014 boots.
  • Options
    Universal City 06/10/09
  • Options
    Buffalo 2013.... the live debut of some Lightning Bolt tunes...
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Not listening to any bootlegs -- official or otherwise -- myself recently. Much more into sharing bootlegs with friends! Then I will listen to my own copies.

In my time as a fan, the boot I've listened to most is the famous Katowice II show from 2000. Used to have it on cassette and listen to it day after day when I was in university from '00-'04.

"Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options

JWPearl said:

Did you enjoy this show? I love the Australian 2014 boots.
    yes i did but i didnt get to listen to the whole thing unfortunately
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Philly 3
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pap said:

Universal City 06/10/09

This one's for Keener... ~ Eddie Vedder

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    Lights off..a bottle of xinomavro..and here we go..
    Buenos Aires 2015 for first time..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    First 10 songs so far and this is so amazing..the band was obvious in great mood and the crowd is fantastic..Thank you again PJ for this gift..ohohohohohoh..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    edited January 2016
    Sao Paulo 2015

love the first 3 songs! 'Long Road' is probably my favourite opener
    Post edited by halloweenhead95 on
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    ...also, it seems that they started playing 'Mind Your Manners' half step down
    Couldn't be a good sign heh :)
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • Options
    been trying to upload the bootlegs but its not working
    what do i need to do to get it working
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    Cincinnati, Ohio-2014>Almost done listening to it, and it's average at best. First show rust?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    cutz said:

Cincinnati, Ohio-2014>Almost done listening to it, and it's average at best. First show rust?

The absolute worst version of "Sirens" I've ever heard!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    JWPearl said:

I'm not a tech expert, I'm sure someone is around here? Where are you uploading from?
  • Options
    Worcester 2, 2013. I always love hearing Smile!
  • Options

JWPearl said:

I'm not a tech expert, I'm sure someone is around here? Where are you uploading from?
    Thanks
    Well I'm trying from this site and it's not working
    So perhaps it's my pc or something
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    London 1 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Universal City 07/10/09

This is the other side of that song... This is love when it's good... This morning Jeff told me to watch a movie called The Cove... It's about dolphins and the killing, the slaughter of dolphins in Japan... Taiji I think is the name of the town... It's an incredible documentary... It's human beings at their absolute fucking worst... I couldn't wait to get to the show, and see us be better than that, and make something positive happen... So, it's a love song we're gonna dedicate it to the dolphins... ~ Eddie Vedder
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    San Francisco 1 2006
    Of the Girl opens tonight’s performance. This is a super rarity for 2006, as it was the only time it was played the whole tour, and first time since 2003. A quality take, it has a more upbeat, or bouncy feel due to Mike’s riffs. Then a rock solid Go comes on strong. WWS keeps the lively momentum going, Mike's riffs on the outro sound great. Ed's voice sounds very assured in these opening songs. Energetic flow, Save You then follows. Stone's solo sounds really good, inspired and groovy. Severed Hand is incredibly tight, and I love the way Corduroy's intro flows in right after it. I think Ed's guitar may have a wrong sound effect or tuning though, but it's not really noticeable. Mike's solo makes up for it for sure, it's certainly melodic and riffy. Ed greets and thanks the San Francisco crowd for a moment, and then we glide into GTF. Ed's vocals are relaxed yet confident. Melodically done, Unemployable is next. Stone’s backup vocals are a little too loud in choruses for my taste, but it's a good spirited play. Sad is a treat afterwards, featuring super tight performances. It has to be one of the best renditions out there; Mike during the outro is wonderful. Matt's cymbals, for whatever reason, sound really nice on this version of Gone. NFY felt less sped up, and with lots of groovy work from Stone and Matt towards the end. The Modern Girl tag is absolutely gorgeous. Mike's atmospheric and mysterious riffs are beautiful. This then perfectly moves into SOLAT, just seamlessly. Ed flubs the lyrics a bit, and incorporates, "I can't remember nothing" into a chorus. Musically though, this play is sound. Much like Of the Girl, for the first time since 2003, Gods' Dice is played. The transitions, like into the bridge, is a little weird when Stone goes absent for a couple seconds. Overall, for such a rarity, it's a solid and lively play. The crowd sings most of the first verse on PT, but Ed's vocals are quite excellent on the No Code number. Comatose rocks hard after, and I love how Mike and Stone sound on this rendering. Why Go-DTE (with some shaky vocals) end the good main set.

It is incredibly rare to have Even Flow start the first encore off, but I'll be damned if it doesn't work to fully boost the energy. It's utmost effective to get it out of the main set. Stone is grooving like a beast! After giving a shout out to Freddie Vedder, Ed's uncle, we move into Parachutes. It's only the 5th time it's been played, and it sounds marvelous. Footsteps is next, and in the same vein, it's a perfect choice to follow Parachutes; it felt like an ideal match. Ed's voice is strong and warm. Mike's subtle guitar notes hit the heart. Once then works well to get the blood flowing. Alive ends the encore and reverse Mamasan trilogy. It's a very strong, inspired encore, especially with a powerful last 3 songs. Into the final stretch we go, Ed thanks the crowd and all the great faces out there. Boom begins a good Wasted Reprise, and then Life Wasted follows. Coming after the Mamasan trilogy, it hits even harder emotionally. All around, it's a top notch play. The band is very tight tonight all around, only a few incredibly small errors throughout the whole gig. STBC into Bushleaguer looks odd on paper, but Ed's little Georgy Boy improv (I think it's an improv) between the two helps tremendously. It's a little creepy, humorous, and ends up making the intro to Bushleaguer rock harder. The transitions lyrically into the choruses during Bushleaguer aren’t the best, but it does sound truly inspired. The outro of Bushleaguer works in a fittingly moody fashion moving into Indifference, they make a fantastically dark sounding combo. RITFW and then Ledbetter conclude, that's 3 closers for tonight! All 3 are powerful, and great quality plays. I was playing air guitar on RITFW if that says anything. Ha!

I actually found the encores to be a tad stronger than the main set, but it's all enjoyable as a whole. No major highs or lows performance wise, just an all-around incredibly solid, energetic show with a great setlist. I am not sure if it's in my top tier of the 2006 boots, but it can't be too far behind. To be a bit personal, I had a crummy day until I listened to the last half of this boot. It brightened the evening, and was healing. Maybe it can do the same for you when needed.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    derbydave said:

cutz said:

I enjoyed the show, but yeah that version of Sirens is rough.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Hartford 1996
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

derbydave said:

cutz said:

I enjoyed the show, but yeah that version of Sirens is rough.
    I attended the Cincinnati show...
    I thought it sounded rough in the arena,
    the boot confirmed it for me!!! :wink:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Pap said:

Universal City 07/10/09

This is the other side of that song... This is love when it's good... This morning Jeff told me to watch a movie called The Cove... It's about dolphins and the killing, the slaughter of dolphins in Japan... Taiji I think is the name of the town... It's an incredible documentary... It's human beings at their absolute fucking worse... I couldn't wait to get to the show, and see us be better than that, and make something positive happen... So, it's a love song we're gonna dedicate it to the dolphins... ~ Eddie Vedder

I'm going to listen to this boot, and I'll watch The Cove doco. Dolphins are amazing and need to be looked after. Thanks Pap, these quotes are always appreciated, you are very patient to get them word for word!