Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    I"m still listening to Champagne 03. (sometimes it takes me a while to get through a boot! ;) )
    Today I just heard Porch-truly one of the best versions I have ever heard!! :clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    I"m still listening to Champagne 03. (sometimes it takes me a while to get through a boot! ;) )
    Today I just heard Porch-truly one of the best versions I have ever heard!! :clap::clap:
    fuck i love so much that show
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294

Some of the best versions of do the evolution and save you I have heard. Also love the "any Christians wanna get eaten tonight" line. One of the best from 2003.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    Champaign,IL 03
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Getting ready for the w/e, which is always more bootleg-heavy then week-days.

Got to finish Tampa-2000, first, which has been very nice up to now. And then Newcastle-2006 will follow. It looks delicuous on paper.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    melbourne 3/17/95 for the 2000th time....one of the greatest rvm's ever. immortality into rvm into alive...wow.

now fatal from marseille 2006. hmmmmmmm. i see why they don't play this one often.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    the porch from marseille is absolutely killer!!!! a very unique set list as well. dirty frank, fatal (not that great live), satan's bed, and there isn't a bad show when long road opens.
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    jumbojet wrote:
    And then Newcastle-2006 will follow. It looks delicuous on paper.

Enjoy. It's as good as it looks.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    the porch from marseille is absolutely killer!!!! a very unique set list as well. dirty frank, fatal (not that great live), satan's bed, and there isn't a bad show when long road opens.
    exactly one of the best ever....same as black!!
  • Perth 2006
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
    just to resay it..
    one of the best threads ever..
    so great cos we can talk without problems about,music,songs,shows..
    A W E S O ME
    finally listening to verona 2006. it's cool to have a visual of the weather and the rain jackets while listening.....release...are there any bad versions of this song? is there such a thing? fantastic show.
    i like the back to back of evenflow to 1/2 full...mikey really shines on both but to me 1/2 full is one of his most underappreciated guitar solos. why this song isn't in the rotation more is beyond me.
    boyo79 wrote:
    jumbojet wrote:
    And then Newcastle-2006 will follow. It looks delicuous on paper.

Enjoy. It's as good as it looks.

+1 Killer show, mixed very well (maybe the best sounding 06 boot)

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    mtv unplugged
    Pensacola 2012

Gave this one a good spin this morning, and along with Atlanta it's most likely the 2012 boot I have listened to the most yet. This is not to say it's my favorite, and would not proclaim it the best bootleg of 2012 but it is certainly above average. As mentioned before in this thread, the relaxed vibe of the show and decent tightness of the band's performance make it a worthy listen.

The setlist flow from song to song has a vibe that would probably only work for a handful of festivals, Deluna was certainly one of them (from what I read it wasn't a huge crowd). Opening with Oceans was not a shock, as the show was played right next to the ocean, but it's a beautiful rendition of the song; perhaps the best version I have heard in recent years. Having the great combo of Interstellar into Corduroy follows quite well. These opening three songs is one of the shows best moments. Nonetheless, this is a good spot to make note that early on we get a glimpse into Deluna's greatest fault, a rather large sum of minor errors that piles up by the end of the show. Stone and Jeff come in late for the start of Interstellar, Mike comes in a bit late at the beginning of Got Some, later Jeff misses the entire intro to Even Flow, Mike is very on and off from the beginning of RVM up to the chorus, Ed slightly flubs the "Is something wrong she said" line in Alive, and there is a small timing error in the intro to Baba ORiley. This may sound like a lot of errors, but many listeners will not even notice them, especially if you're not listening to the show with headphones. What they will notice and appreciate is a energetic version of Once, a better than average take on Amongst the Waves, a gorgeous take on Parachutes, and also a solid version of Of the Earth (which I'm not sure if the lyrics are 100% correct, but it's a convincing version nonetheless).Those wondering about Ed's voice should be fairly content with his performance here. His only moment of cringe is World Wide Suicide, which may be the worst version of the song I have heard on Ed's part. He absolutely shines on the slower numbers like Oceans and Parachutes. This is one of his most error free shows in terms of lyrical flubs.

All in all, I would give Pensacola a very solid B+. It's an above average show, with no major errors only a good amount of very minor ones. The band is in a great mood and the crowd seems pretty cool as well, the setlist flow only reiterates that cool and relaxed vibe. Check out how well Unthought Known into Do the Evolution works, I really like that combo.The audio mix, much like all of the 2012 boots, is quite excellent. Some 2012 boots sound a bit better than others, and Pensacola is just a dependable example of the great sound 2012 offered (Atlanta and Arras, for example, sound similar to Deluna but have just that little extra clarity and punch in their mix).

• Salzburg, Austria 2000. First listen. So far so good
    Happy up here in my tree
    ill play for a while some The Cure..

next pj boot will be osaka 03
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    London 09. I'm up to RATS... Love it!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    wife went to bed. listening to 7/11/95 soldier field for the 5000th time. it feels so wrong not to play this show loud as hell but what can i do? the version of blood played at this show could be the greatest ever. release to open..yellow to close with 30 songs in between including everyday people and let my love open the door...immortality, black, alive, deep, rvm and a freaking amazing porch. wow. the band was in top form this day. I so wish this was professional shot.
    London 09. I'm up to RATS... Love it!
    Kufala said to me back then that was their best bootleg as comes to the sound,its like a studio album
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Dimi gets the 5000th post on the best forum on 10c..... iamica's thread is like a runaway train! :D
    Salzburg, Austria 2000. First listen. So far so good
    Will listen to this one after breakfast. One of my favourite boots from Europe. Sometimes > Breakerfall to open means it can only be good. The version of Present Tense from this show is one of the best I've heard. There's just a very happy, relaxed vibe about this show that always makes me want to listen to more Euro shows... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    lisbon 2 06
  • veddertown wrote:
    Dimi gets the 5000th post on the best forum on 10c..... iamica's thread is like a runaway train! :D
    Salzburg, Austria 2000. First listen. So far so good
    Will listen to this one after breakfast. One of my favourite boots from Europe. Sometimes > Breakerfall to open means it can only be good. The version of Present Tense from this show is one of the best I've heard. There's just a very happy, relaxed vibe about this show that always makes me want to listen to more Euro shows... ;)

Yeah, really impressed. The improv into THE BEST Present Tense I've heard is amazing. Great show.

Listening to New York 09.06.03 at the minute. Eddie chatting before Hide Your Love Away at the mo.
    Happy up here in my tree
  • Arras 2012
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
    Arras 2012
    what a solo at Black!!
    edited June 2013
    fargo 03..epic show...
    setlist is amazing..Go opener,in my tree ,my favo alternative version,eddie voice is unique..
    God at Nais kicklig ass..alot of Bianural songs on the set..Corduroy-Animal at the 1st encore..
    porch solo is out of the world..the its ok tag isnt full,but the sing along is amazing..
    amazing show..crowd too!!
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    just to resay it..
    A W E S O ME

:mrgreen:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
    iamica wrote:
    just to resay it..
    A W E S O ME

glad to see u around! :D
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Arras 2012

This show really took me by surprise. I've listened to it more than the two shows I went to on that tour. Totally fantastic setlist expecially being a festival but it's the mood in general that makes it so good for me. My favourite show from 2012. I love when the band are in this kind of mood. I think they must have learned from the 2010 show there which to be honest was leaning towards boring, probably not helped by the largely non PJ crowd. Hard to find a better festival show... :D
    iamica wrote:
    just to resay it..
    A W E S O ME

You left us this great thread to come and get away from all the bullshit on the forums yet hardly stick your nose around the door. You should stop by more often... ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • I'm on Manchester UK 2000. Pretty standard set with Footsteps thrown in. Good so far but the crowd aren't so loud on the 2000 boots.
    Happy up here in my tree