Which bootlegs are you listening to right now?

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    How does one hate baba?!!! I fell absolutely head over heels in love with song when I witnessed it at MSG 9/11/98. Ok going to listen to that boot now.
    How s chile 2013 sounding as a bootleg
    amazing..as sound,is the best,i prefer argentina cos of the crowd setlist and solos are away better
    but this is best of all 3 SA as sound..+Black is amazing....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    How does one hate baba?!!! I fell absolutely head over heels in love with song when I witnessed it at MSG 9/11/98. Ok going to listen to that boot now.

I've never been much of a fan of The Who really. There's probably only a double album's worth of classics for me but I've always hated Baba for some reason? Usually when PJ cover something I'm not normally a fan of I like their version but this seems to be a particular exception. I've happily managed to avoid it at shows so far... :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    Listened to some of Santiago '13 tonight. Buenos Aires '13 is a considerably better bootleg. Some sound issues in Santiago. Furthermore, the set appears to flow well on paper but while listening to the boot the setlist had a slightly off vibe (kinda up and down).
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PapPap Posts: 28,781
    mcgruff10 wrote:

Flawless! :D
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    Vegas 2000
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• Saratoga 2000
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    santiago chile 2013...whoa. porch is just amazing. on to buenos aires 2013 next. my expectations are high since the 2011 show from buenos aires is on my regular rotation of bootlegs.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Athens '06

Last show of the European leg of the 2006 tour.

Frantic start with Go and Animal. Sad is impressive as is the crowd singalong for Another Brick In The Wall when tagged at the end of Daughter. You Are and Wishlist follow, both sounding very good. The crowd take over for the start of Better Man but overall the song ends the main set flatly.

1st encore begins with a superb Footsteps, followed by a full band acoustic I Am Mine. Inside Job & Black both follow and Rearviewmirror and Porch end the encore on a high tempo.

The 2nd encore starts great with Smile followed by I Believe In Miracles, dedicated to Johnny Ramone. The show ends with the now standard closing trio for this tour of Alive, Rockin In The Free World and Yellow Ledbetter. As Mike is soloing towards the end of YL the crowd is clapping along but it all feels very half-hearted and flat as Mike then goes into Little Wing with Jeff, Matt and Stone joining in. Some great guitar work by Mike but overall, for me, it feels like a very flat ending to the European leg of the 2006 tour.

That is now both US legs and the Euro leg of 2006 done for me. Australia next...
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    boyo79 wrote:
    Athens '06

Last show of the European leg of the 2006 tour.

Frantic start with Go and Animal. Sad is impressive as is the crowd singalong for Another Brick In The Wall when tagged at the end of Daughter. You Are and Wishlist follow, both sounding very good. The crowd take over for the start of Better Man but overall the song ends the main set flatly.

1st encore begins with a superb Footsteps, followed by a full band acoustic I Am Mine. Inside Job & Black both follow and Rearviewmirror and Porch end the encore on a high tempo.

The 2nd encore starts great with Smile followed by I Believe In Miracles, dedicated to Johnny Ramone. The show ends with the now standard closing trio for this tour of Alive, Rockin In The Free World and Yellow Ledbetter. As Mike is soloing towards the end of YL the crowd is clapping along but it all feels very half-hearted and flat as Mike then goes into Little Wing with Jeff, Matt and Stone joining in. Some great guitar work by Mike but overall, for me, it feels like a very flat ending to the European leg of the 2006 tour.

That is now both US legs and the Euro leg of 2006 done for me. Australia next...
    nice :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i believe the start of RVM at Buenos Aires 13 show,how Matt and Jeff start playing,,how the crowd took over and how the whole band start playing,enjoying the rest is one of the most fuckin epic things i ever heard...!!!
    Listened to some of Santiago '13 tonight. Buenos Aires '13 is a considerably better bootleg. Some sound issues in Santiago. Furthermore, the set appears to flow well on paper but while listening to the boot the setlist had a slightly off vibe (kinda up and down).
    i like the sound,has a weird flow the setlist,i agree..has lounder and better clear bass than Buenos Aires..
    but Buenos Aires is Away better show at the rest,setlist,energy,fans,Mike solos..
    Eddie voice ,i didnt find crazy difference,and seems he enjoy alot both shows..
    ok,he has awesome connection with BA fans
  • jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    veddertown wrote:
    I don't know what it is about Saratoga? They tried to play with a lot of intensity and it just seemed to create timing problems. The California shows were just as intense yet they were really slick and polished. That's another great run of shows actually if you need inspiration, Los Angeles, San Diego, Fresno, San Bernadino, Sacramento and Mountain View. They were close to the finishing line of a mentally tough tour and really went for it with these shows.

Listening to Arras 12 tonight. One of the best shows from 2012 and one of the best festival shows PJ have played since they returned to playing them.

I'm still on Tampa. It is really tasty. Juicy. One good thing with 2000 boots is often times you get to listen both RVM and Porch. A lot of jamming...

I was lucky to be at Arras. It was my first PJ show and I was obsessing a lot about it so I was so out of my mind to make a clear judgement, etc... It was emotional for me but overall environment was so relaxed. Venue at a university area right in the forest. Open air, beer selling right 5 meters away. Smell of the air after rain. Not too crowded overall. Not hard-core PJ fans but peaceful people around enjoying themselves. A group of fun Belgian guys who were playing a weird game of catching each other's genitals. Somehow I found myself in their game.

Eddie was in good mood. The band at the near, smaller venue was being heard when PJ stopped, Eddie was commenting on it.
    Wife said later she could hear everything inside the car out of the venue with the windows open.
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
    ladydocNYC wrote:
    Pistoia '06.

I have to thank "Dimi" (I'm putting quotes because I feel funny calling him by his nickname when I don't even know him) for putting it in his top 10, and thereby leading me to it.

They KILL interstellar-->corduroy and RVM. Insane beginning. I think this is among my favorite performances of both of these.

I'm still pretty early on.
    hello..no pro..call me as you like,community is very important here,sharing,helping are impoortant,not details doesnt matter like how everyone here calling me!!:)

btw,im Dimitris,but Dimi is ok,no pro :)
    glad u enjoy it!!

Your name is very common in Russia, too. Short form is Dima.

• YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    I must say....it's great that we've gotten to a point where everyone is starting to share highlights and notes from the bootlegs. This is my favorite thread out of the entire website and I love hearing others' feedback about boots.

From one boot head to another, I just love talking boots. 8-) :ugeek:
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

boyo79 wrote:
    Athens '06

:D
    jumbojet wrote:
    Your name is very common in Russia, too. Short form is Dima.

We're both Christian Orthodoxes. That is why.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • Pensacola 12
    Ft. Lauderdale 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    brazil 2013 :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 wrote:
    brazil 2013 :lol:
    :lol:
    YLed2 wrote:
    I must say....it's great that we've gotten to a point where everyone is starting to share highlights and notes from the bootlegs. This is my favorite thread out of the entire website and I love hearing others' feedback about boots.

this is one in my top 5 threads by far..same as this forum,Given to fly..we can find our peace here,talking about music and shows and away from bullshit that is full the other forums..
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    YLed2 wrote:

this is one in my top 5 threads by far..same as this forum,Given to fly..we can find our peace here,talking about music and shows and away from bullshit that is full the other forums..

Amen!! :lol:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • YLed2 wrote:

I've always been a boot man. Love those boots! Little boots, big boots, average boots...don't matter to me, man...give me a good set of boots and I'm a happy man for hours!

Just one thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way, if you know what I mean...fake boots. Don't be taking perfectly good boots and enhancing them! Leave them boots alone, please!!

Is anyone with me on this one? Can I get an AMENT!
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    Pensacola 12

Here's a boot that really grew on me after a few listens. I know many loved the show because of the setlist. While its not really a festival type setlist, I rather enjoy the loose and relaxed mood of the show more so than the set. Considering the euro tour had ended a good amount of time before this and MIA was around a couple weeks earlier, I am kinda surprised the boys were half as tight as they were. I enjoy the gig poster as well.

On a side note, I gotta reinforce what several other members have made note. This thread is something a little different than anything else on the board. As YLed has said, it's nice to see this evolve into some discussions about bootlegs rather than just the boot one is listening to. I'm always searching the board and various websites to get others takes on certain bootlegs. With this thread that's starting to become a lot easier, keep up the work guys! I used to write bootleg reviews for the 10 Legs blog that John Briggs had put up for a while. I think I may start posting more reviews here, this thread is quite the encouragement.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    YLed2 wrote:

I've always been a boot man. Love those boots! Little boots, big boots, average boots...don't matter to me, man...give me a good set of boots and I'm a happy man for hours!

Just one thing that kind of rubs me the wrong way, if you know what I mean...fake boots. Don't be taking perfectly good boots and enhancing them! Leave them boots alone, please!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    EPIC POST...BEST OF 2013!!!!!
  • YLed2 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    EPIC POST...BEST OF 2013!!!!!
    :wave:
    On a side note, I gotta reinforce what several other members have made note. This thread is something a little different than anything else on the board. As YLed has said, it's nice to see this evolve into some discussions about bootlegs rather than just the boot one is listening to. I'm always searching the board and various websites to get others takes on certain bootlegs. With this thread that's starting to become a lot easier, keep up the work guys! I used to write bootleg reviews for the 10 Legs blog that John Briggs had put up for a while. I think I may start posting more reviews here, this thread is quite the encouragement.

Yeah guys, keep the boot reviews coming.
    With hundreds of boots out there, the reviews enlighten the way to go through with it.
    It is also interesting to see someboby's take on a boot you think you know well. Can make you assess the boot from a different angle.
    I am still trying to be on my schedule with the boots in spite of ongoing NBA playoffs, a revolution going on in my country and a pregnant wife at home requiring attention in the evenings.

Can I get an AMENT!

:lol:
  • boyo79boyo79 Posts: 6,525
    Sydney I '06

1st show for the final leg of 2006.

Decent enough start to the tour but not much stands out for me. Release opening always makes me happy, Rearviewmirror follows straightafter albeit in its now shortened version on the tour. There's acoustic versions of Nothingman & Gone in the 1st encore and the show ends with Throw Your Hatred Down (1st time played outside of the Bridge School shows) and Rockin' In The Free World.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
    chile 13
    boyo79 wrote:
    Sydney I '06

1st show for the final leg of 2006.

Decent enough start to the tour but not much stands out for me. Release opening always makes me happy, Rearviewmirror follows straightafter albeit in its now shortened version on the tour. There's acoustic versions of Nothingman & Gone in the 1st encore and the show ends with Throw Your Hatred Down (1st time played outside of the Bridge School shows) and Rockin' In The Free World.
    Black is AMAZING at that show..